Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,553 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? (2217 Views)

What Else To Do With A Pc Gaming Rig / Make Your Pc Game Request!! / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by kimco(m): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2015
So the topic speaks for itself. What would motivate you to shell out your hard earned cash in this economy to buy a game from steam or any pc game vendor that isn't pirated? For me one major reason would be localisation of prices, not straight up conversion to the dollar.
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
kimco:
So the topic speaks for itself. What would motivate you to shell out your hard earned cash in this economy to buy a game from steam or any pc game vendor that isn't pirated? For me one major reason would be localisation of prices, not straight up conversion to the dollar.
Regardless of the price, for me i'd buy a game if it has competitive multiplayer. Like Fifa, BF or the Total War series. I really hate playing against AI.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by kimco(m): 1:08am On Aug 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Regardless of the price, for me i'd buy a game if it has competitive multiplayer. Like Fifa, BF or the Total War series. I really hate playing against AI.

So ade, if the price is 4x the original price, would you still shell out the doe?
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 11, 2015
kimco:

So ade, if the price is 4x the original price, would you still shell out the doe?
Errrm....good point! But i wont tho. Thats why i always prefer to buy the digital versions and then download later at my convenient time. And the dvd versions are so rare to come by
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by kimco(m): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Errrm....good point! But i wont tho. Thats why i always prefer to buy the digital versions and then download later at my convenient time. And the dvd versions are so rare to come by

But even on steam, the prices are 4x (atleast to the ghana cedis)
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
kimco:

But even on steam, the prices are 4x (atleast to the ghana cedis)
True on dat. Thats why i prefer Origin to Steam. At least on Origin u get to purchase in rands(regardless of ur location in Africa) which seems a little cheaper than Steam
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by wman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
As things stand today (15/08/2015)

1. Online Multiplayer: meaning the only legit game I can buy now on PC is COD Black Ops 3.

If Things Get Better (Future)

1. Lower prices
2. Cheaper Internet with larger bandwidth
3. I'm richer and earn more.
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
wman:
As things stand today (15/08/2015)

1. Online Multiplayer: meaning the only legit game I can buy now on PC is COD Black Ops 3.

If Things Get Better (Future)

1. Lower prices
2. Cheaper Internet with larger bandwidth
3. I'm richer and earn more.
Good points
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by virud: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
IF I CAN RELATE TO THE GAME ON A PERSONAL LEVEL.
For instance, if I can play FIFA 16 on our own National stadium in Surulere with black spectators....with localised commentaries (accents etc)

If i can play COD with localised scenes from Lagos, PH, and even be able to edit the scenes to suit my preference...I should be able to fight/play against an Agbero in Oshodi or to pitch my tent against the Bakasi/OPC boys...

Drive against traffic in Lekki and LASTMA officials would chase me till am apprehended or otherwise...

Hope you gt the picture am trying to paint?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by cao(f): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Although, PC games have always been cheaper than console games. Plus, Steam with its endless parade of offers & indie companies usually do humble bundle sales (aka pay what you want aka free if you're being an ultra cheapskate). In fact, look at the case of Life is Strange, on PSN you can get all episodes for £15.99, but during my search for a better deal, I kept finding stupendously cheap PC downloads, I know I found a shop, where they were selling the whole lot for around £5 (it was a mega sale on PC downloads though).

Maybe, the only real wahala is the Nigerian exchange rate, sellers trying to recoup their money, while also trying to make profit and the P&P that can chop all your money. I know oyinbos over here are always afraid to send anything to Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by heatpipe: 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
kimco:

sorry for the off topic what is the total wattage of your psu?

is it a bronze certified psu? mine failed on me so fortunately it didn't affect my board. my system is a power hug because am running an r9 390 gpu.THANKS
Re: Nairaland, What Would Make You Buy A Pc Game Instead Of Pirating? by kimco(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2015
heatpipe:
sorry for the off topic what is the total wattage of your psu?

is it a bronze certified psu? mine failed on me so fortunately it didn't affect my board. my system is a power hug because am running an r9 390 gpu.THANKS

Its an old type. Be quiet
500w (30a +12v1 and v2)

My gpu isn't a hog at all (ie 6pin power port)

U have a wonderful gpu. Wat was the price?

(1) (Reply)

Done / Only 2 Can Protect You / New PS4 (1TB) + Dual Shock 4 Pad + Fifa 16 With Sony 1yr Warranty N145k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.