Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,917 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam (48232 Views)

FG Shuts IDP Camps In Yobe, Adamawa / FG Shuts Nine Foreign Missions, Rationalises Staff / Price Gouging: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Etc Depots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
back2sender:

Thats why you guy do run go Aso rock go do meeting with sai baba.
MDAs were asleep/comatoose but now awake because a new sheriff is in town .

gringringringringrin Oga, do you even know the meaning of MDA's to have said the above
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Caseless:

You should.
I have these songs by bill whitters for u:

"i wanna make love to your mind"

" I can't write left-handed".

Both songs inadvertently reminded me of you in my AWOL days. angry

Smile Jooorrrrcheesy
Will check out the songs.
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Darlyton: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
ELTON123:

Truely i am convince now that PDP pay some deluded peeps to try and rubbish every effort of this administration via social media like nairaland, Fb, Twitter etc.. i have watch this very one closely today, all he those is wait for that news and counter.. its now clear... its a waste of time rsponding to thiere paid criticism..

Watch very closely you will see is same set of people that do this criticism and they respond to every single counter... obviously on the pay roll of PDP..

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Darlyton: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin Buhari has got nothing to offer hence they keep grappling with straws and churning out lies, propaganda etc over inanities...

Truely i am convince now that PDP pay some deluded peeps to try and rubbish every effort of this administration via social media like nairaland, Fb, Twitter etc.. i have watch this very one closely today, all he those is wait for that news and counter.. its now clear... its a waste of time rsponding to thiere paid criticism..

Watch very closely you will see is same set of people that do this criticism and they respond to every single counter... obviously on the pay roll of PDP..

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by idu1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
EdCure:

You're trying too hard to impress yourself with frivolous and incongruent quibbles. Why don't you just afford yourself a little break before you wear out?

Close mindedness and illogical conclusions are not good attributes to adopt. Think across boards and give credit to those who clearly deserve it, or just maintain the golden silence if your ego dictates otherwise. That's the only way to get or maintain an iota of credibility as a critic.

Don't tell me you're not accorded some stipends for all these absurdities...cos it's debilitating.

I feel entertained, though.
chai!!! O boy u sabi book o...
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Sanchez01: 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
Darlyton:

TRUE
Without mincing words, Nairaland and social media are their offices because they're truly being paid to do so. It's too disturbing they most of them are being paid to harm the country and stand against its good deeds. I don't blame aged people who delve into politics because the youths (some) have sold their tomorrow for peanuts.
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by fxstory(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
mmmmmm
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
[s]
Sanchez01:

Can't believe you've sank to the point of staying negative concerning Buhari's governance despite trying to hide the ugly headed bitterness all along.

Staying bitter at this administration will lead you nowhere. Nigerians never voted "transformational change", we voted change, now we have it. The same transformation you all preached after six years of stark mediocrity.

Just so you know, clamp downs started towards the end of GEJ's administration and we all knew it was for a purpose - a re-election. So do not say it was long before. You voted tautology (transformational change), we voted change.

Madness starts with a lone smile, funny actions and soliloquising before graduating into the market. I say congratulations for being a full time wailer now. I just hope you have the strength to do so for 8 years.

Back to the topic: Next will be Lagos. I'll be reporting some gas stations along Ikorodu road shortly. Good bless this effective administration.
[/s]

[size=14pt]*iGnored*[/size]
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by omaojo1: 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Good for them, if true.
It's about time.

btw, the DPR seems to have been effectively carrying out their duties, [size=14pt]long before Buhari won the elections.[/size]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/new-fuel-price-fallout-dpr-shuts-down-10-petrol-stations-in-kwara/199744/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/why-we-shut-60-petrol-stations-in-akwa-ibom-dpr.html

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nscdc-dpr-shut-petrol-stations-in-kaduna/

They have taken the fight to the centre, instead of wasting time and resources shutting stations.
Whether it is upstream, downstream, gas or laboratory sector that is found defaulting, they surely dance to the music.

So why making it seem like it's a novelty by saying

Can we now agree for once that the promised cosmetic change is a farce?
Isn't it becoming glaring that transformational change is the real deal?

Hi Coli..... Its an unbiased fan here.

You have moved from the Coli we use to know since you decided to take political side on this board.

Being a new area of interest, you sound naive and most times far from the reality on ground.

You are far wiser than this and avoiding political discussions on this board will do you good.

Send me a PM if you don't mind and i'll talk you through some hard facts.

Many thanks...

6 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by ba7man(m): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Again, I ask....
What is the essence of a filling station without a depot, and what is the essence of a depot withing a filling station?

School me please.
No one is above learning.
The fuel price fraud has its foundation way higher up than the filling stations.

The filling stations buy it at an already inflated price from the depot so they have little choice than to transfer that hike on the buyers.

Under GEJ, it's the filling stations that get punished while the oil marketers walk free......... now they are feeling the heat.

Check out the companies listed and know the people that feed off the sweat of the common folks.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good one @Op. After the depots and stations get reopened, let's watch and see if they still have the guts to rip people off by selling above regulated price...

News like this gives me hope that things may still work in nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Urine: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
I love this thread, superior argument has won, you can't mask intelligence, one day you will mess up. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Darlyton:

If I were you, I will concentrate more on improving my sentence, tenses, and grammatical construction cum spellings to see if I will worth anybody's cheque by tomorrow cool...Because at the moment, you need to seek a refund from whichever school you attended undecided
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by PassingShot(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Too Late To Crycheesy
undecided
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Caseless: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Smile Jooorrrrcheesy
Will check out the songs.
grin

Na good old songs wey mature minds de listen to. Maybe Na why I think say u suppose hear am b dat.

Wizkid and davido people. grin
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
omaojo1:

Hi Coli..... Its an unbiased fan here.

You have moved from the Coli we use to know since you decided to take political side on this board.

Being a new area of interest, you sound naive and most times far from the reality on ground.

You are far wiser than this and avoiding political discussions on this board will do you good.

Send me a PM if you don't mind and i'll talk you through some hard facts.

Many thanks...

I had typed a reply to be submitted here, but I think that a private reply would be better.
Except when I deem necessary, I think speaking from my heart is best done in private.
I will send you a PM.

However, for posterity's I would like to say here that for an area which you have interest in, it is far better to speak out when you think you ought to.
There's no better way to learn.
I think it's a case of garbage in, garbage out.

Would there be people who would laugh at you, and cuss you silly for spewing nonsense (which btw is their opinion)? YES
Would there be those who do not agree with you, but are patient enough to put you through and make you see things from their angle, from which you can draw a conclusion? YES.

On this thread, a lesson I've been trying to teach myself Almost Unsuccesfully has finally sunk in, thanks to one of those I was arguing debating with.
The lesson has absolutely nothing to do with the topic in discussion.....

I needn't go further, those who will tow my path in the days to come already catch my drift.

Now.....to sending you that PMsmileysmiley
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Caseless:
grin

Na good old songs wey mature minds de listen to. Maybe Na why I think say u suppose hear am b dat.

Wizkid and davido people. grin

cheesycheesycheesycheesy
It would surprise you to know that I can only dance shoki on a computer or phone screen.
In other words, I am not a FANangry
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by ba7man(m): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Again, I ask....
What is the essence of a filling station without a depot, and what is the essence of a depot withing a filling station?

School me please.
No one is above learning.
GEJ dare not look at the owners of those depots in the eye, let alone shut them down....... that's why they took out their anger on filling stations.

They were robbing you and I and dinning with GEJ at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by funkybully(f): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
No capital oil, yet South West press will not allow uba rest bc of TAN
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in being strong opinionated and in fact it’s an attractive attribute BUT you need to understand the need to embed flexibility of approach when dealing with issues that have far reaching consequences.

There is a reason why team work is the number one competency that employers look for when recruiting. It’s always about the end result no matter how we get there so being rigid might be counterproductive when dealing with national issues.

The end point for us all is seeing Nigeria great again and I strongly believe any well-meaning Nigerian will support this ambition/collective goal since the benefits will be generational

PS: You do come across as someone that’s very smart but you really do need to be flexible with your approach and above all be open minded

While I would adjudge myself as doing what I can to show some flexibility, your points are taken into cognizance, and I believe that changes would be effected where necessary.
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by alienvirus: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
emamos:
busted
busted your left yansh
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If I were you, I will concentrate more on improving my sentence, tenses, and grammatical construction cum spellings to see if I will worth anybody's cheque by tomorrow cool...Because at the moment, you need to seek a refund from whichever school you attended undecided

mehn, that was harsh...
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by coldFLARES1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, the way I see it, I think the DPR goes after whoever is found defaulting. In Jonathan's time, it was largely the filling stations.
When you have the candour to accept instruction on a topic you seemingly have less grasp/inadequate knowledge, no sane person would call you a weakling. That said, do you realise most of these depot owners are the ones that got products' importation contracts from the govt, wherein they agreed to sell to filling station owners in such an arrangement that petrol could be retailed at 87 naira and draw whatever difference between between the ex-depot price and the landing costs through subsidy claims? It follows therefore that if these folks make subsidy claims and yet fail to sell to retailers at agreed ex-depot prices, then they are the bigger problem because the retailers simply fix their prices after considering the prices they got it from the depot, save for underdispensing.

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Sogan44(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
ionsman:
This change is sweeter than orgasm......
pls they should come back to port Harcourt
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
coldFLARES1:
When you have the candour to accept instruction on a topic you seemingly have less grasp/inadequate knowledge, no sane person would call you a weakling. That said, do you realise most of these depot owners are the ones that got products' importation contracts from the govt, wherein they agreed to sell to filling station owners in such an arrangement that petrol could be retailed at 87 naira and draw whatever difference between between the ex-depot price and the landing costs through subsidy claims? It follows therefore that if these folks make subsidy claims and yet fail to sell to retailers at agreed ex-depot prices, then they are the bigger problem because the retailers simply fix their prices after considering the prices they got it from the depot, save for underdispensing.

I get your angle.

It's just what I'm looking for clarity on is whether or not these filling stations are only guilty of the sin of under-dispensing.
Does it mean that they do not work in tandem with these depots, thereby ripping us off even more?
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Dharniel:

mehn, that was harsh...

Wow...Was calling me a PDP paid tout who's here to denigrate buhari and his administration compliment...Park well jare undecided
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by MizMyColi(f): 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
vicadex07:

Hi theresmiley
I forgive you for your vituperations.

I think you should see this - it's from a book I've been reading.
Once pain takes over you, you want more pain, though you may say you don't desire pain, but look more closely at your feelings, you will discover that you are angling for more pain, at yourself, and others.
It is a rather unconscious act, for no sane person desires to inflict pain on themselves, how much more others.

Pain can only feed on more pain.
Pain cannot feed on joy or love, it is indigestible.

I refuse to feed your pain dear.
Have a nice eveningkiss
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by dustmalik: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

In trying to embarrass him over his grammatical errors, you ended up being a culprit of the same error. The embolden is incorrect. In English grammar, there are what are called "Imagined Events". The correct grammar would be, "If i were you, i would".

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by AGB7(m): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
It appears this man came solely for corruption which however, is good. But aside that, can anyone tell me what else's going on. Some will say BOKOHARAM.
Re: FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam by coldFLARES1(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

I get your angle.

It's just what I'm looking for clarity on is whether or not these filling stations are only guilty of the sin of under-dispensing.
Does it mean that they do not work in tandem with these depots, thereby ripping us off even more?
honestly, I fail to see the correlation. But there seem to be a pattern: filling stations run by/operating under the franchise of these depot owners appear less likely to be guilty of underdispensing compared with retailers with no such links. To explain this, one can say economies of scale confers them with some advantages which the stand-alone retailer must have to bridge, by underdispensing, to cope with competition. For me, it's in order to shut down depots in a bid to enforce consensual agreements, check corruption in the subsidy regime and enforce price parity as long as the downstream sector stays regulated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Hope Uzodinma Wins Imo APC Primaries, Floors Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu / Wike And His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head At A Crusade In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.