Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt (15711 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / Tips For A Successful Job Interview / ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by Ridwan123(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Noted
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by Nlevel(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
IN ADDITION, move out of your comfort zone,dont just sit at home and expect your dream job to come meet you there.Go out to different places with photocopies of your CVs,you will be surprised that companies are out there looking for people to employ.I have tried it and I am getting positive responses though i am yet to land my dream job,but i strongly believe it is coming soonest.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by jotax(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2015
oluamid:
It also helps to have a great social media profile. Believe me, the first thing an employer will do if they are trying to find out about you is to enter your name into Google. Have you tried googling yourself? Do so. It helps. You'll see first hand what the employer will learn about you.

The best way to set up a good internet profile is google+ and then LinkedIn.

If you need help doing this, or you don't know what to write about yourself, quote this post and I'll try to help.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by jaybee104(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2015
olabode89:

graduate

thanks.. blame that to my andriod keyboard. happens always
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 11, 2015
You may never have to work again. Check my signature.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by CrazyMan(m): 10:36am On Aug 11, 2015
Nlevel:
IN ADDITION, move out of your comfort zone,dont just sit at home and expect your dream job to come meet you there.Go out to different places with photocopies of your CVs,you will be surprised that companies are out there looking for people to employ.I have tried it and I am getting positive responses though i am yet to land my dream job,but i strongly believe it is coming soonest.
Well said...and good luck in landing your dream job.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by BeloHorizonte14: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
oluamid:
It also helps to have a great social media profile. Believe me, the first thing an employer will do if they are trying to find out about you is to enter your name into Google. Have you tried googling yourself? Do so. It helps. You'll see first hand what the employer will learn about you.

If you need help doing this, or you don't know what to write about yourself, quote this post and I'll try to help.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by softwhispers: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
oluamid:

Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by jaybee104(m): 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
MacluvPH:
Heaven help those who help themselves, only your spelling of (gradguate) instead of graduate alone will keep you at home.

So begin from there.

#note: U never asked me to spell the word "graduate", I typed it. And again, I never committed any gramatical blunder. And After reading ur comment, I feel nothing but pity. I won't fire back at you cos u aint worth it. you are not educated enough
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by careersonpoint: 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
good info for we job seekers in Naija. i usually check www.careersonpointng.com for latest job updates in Nigeria. Goodluck guys
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by oluamid(m): 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
@Jotax, @softwhispers and @BeloHorizonte14

I've been trying to PM you guys but Nairaland says I've sent too many private messages (although I can only remember sending one in recent memory).

You guys will need to PM me so we can take it from there.
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by BeloHorizonte14: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
oluamid:
@Jotax, @softwhispers and @BeloHorizonte14

I've been trying to PM you guys but Nairaland says I've sent too many private messages (although I can only remember sending one in recent memory).

You guys will need to PM me so we can take it from there.
Done sir. Thank you
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
oluamid:

Guy help me
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by ijbeauty(f): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
MacluvPH:
Heaven help those who help themselves, only your spelling of (gradguate) instead of graduate alone will keep you at home.

So begin from there.

Hahahaha.... Wicked!!!
Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by MacluvPH(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hahahahahahaha, Ij babe u don come oooo, allow me to flex my God given tongue,mouth and hand.

ijbeauty:

Hahahaha.... Wicked!!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
When it comes to finding a job and a good job in Nigeria, we all know that it's a task that's not easy at all. Infact it has become more difficult than ever. Some will say finding a job has become a job itself. Due to the economic impediment we found ourselves, Job opportunities in the country are ever dwindling and only smart job hunters can succeed in this jungle. One of the reasons for this is that some professionals are being thrown into the country's job market and this has resulted in an unhealthy competition because it has made the available job opportunities to become even more stiffer to get. With this, you can agree with me that the job of searching for a job in Nigeria has become a very rigorous one

https://www.recruitmentgurus.com.ng/successful-job-hunting-tips-that-you-need-to-get-a-good-job-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply Now For Embassy Of France To Nigeria Recruitment 2017 - See Details Here / Massive Recruitment At Manish Food Industries, Ogun State / CBN Recruiting For Various Roles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.