Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

You Are Single: Are You Lonely? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Single: Are You Lonely? (17005 Views)

Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / Join The Conversation, Tell Us Why You Are Single **might Find Your Match Here** / Marry A Chinese Man - A lot of them are Single and Hungry for a Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nike4luv(f): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2005
I was having a conversation with one of my exs a while ago and i realised that people think that when they are single, they often feel lonely..well i don't think so because when you have people that care about you, apart from being your boyfriend or girlfriend, why being lonely?..

i want to know what you guys think

when you are single..are you lonely?
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by layi(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2005
U'll feel lonely ONLY if u've got low self esteem.

Afterall u've been single all your life, why d sudden feeling of loneliness. I tell u, its because u see others pairing up and u think of the potential benefits of joinin them.

U've got to get some facts into your head to help ooze out the loneliness.

**That feeling is only a mind thing. U aint lonely. u don't really need companion. Ur friends are ok. Its just a plus if u have one

**U came to this world alone and u'll go alone. Only you're reponsible for your life. U've got to love yourself before anyone else.

**Pairing up aint all a bed of roses. It comes with its bad sides as well. In fact it could be hell if u paired up with the wrong person  (and that is worse than loneliness).

**There is time for everything. U'll surely hook up when the time is right. U;ve got a great Life ahead so don't rush.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 25, 2005
hell yea its lonely
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nike4luv(f): 3:51am On Oct 25, 2005
i still dont agree with the lonely part..more opinions please
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 25, 2005
Ok lemme put it like this , at a point it gets lonely , when you actually need someone that u can talk to chill with n hang with n all that but you know you dont have one it sucks ... and then at a point you look at other people who arent single but have problems then you say oh yea im glad im single

so its a lil bit of both , i hope this answer is better grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by damygurl(f): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2005
NoPe!!!  i'm single and happy. there's too much stuff to do to be lonely and i don't actually need a guy to make me happy!!!!
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nddy(m): 4:14am On Oct 25, 2005
lonely  people don't have low self esteem , most guys just love to talk to one person and thats all. It not like they don't talk to others but they just feel its better they stick to one person. I don't think most of them have low self esteem. Its sometimes nature.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by kissyspark(f): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2005
if ure single when uve never dated before,its not lonely,it becomes really lonely when uve been in a relationship dat somehow it didnt work out.
u might think u wont feel it but try being alone with no one to talk 2,my u will find urself cryin like a baby. its really lonely when ure single and alone
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by lioness(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2005
[i still don't agree with the lonely part..more opinions pleasequote][i still don't agree with the lonely part..more opinions please/quote]

Are u single?? Are u lonely??
I personally dont think loneliness has to do with singlehood. One can be alone but not lonely. There are folks that are married but still have a sense of loneliness. I think this loneliness is all about how you view it. To some pple It is finding intimacy, having someone of your own, someone you can talk to, who is there for you, to comfort and love you. Every human has the feeling of wanting to be loved and when you dont have all that, loneliness sets in.

But the fact that one is single doesnt neccessarily mean that one shd be lonely ........... except that person no sabi how to get 'em groove on cool

1 Like

Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by angelak(f): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2005
If your between the ages of 15 - 20 years you can be single and not lonely. But at a marriageable age from 21 upwards, you are most likely to be single and lonely. It is natural .

God saw that adam was lonely and thus created Eve. There is a certain age you reach that you will surely feel lonely despite the fact that you are being surrounded with plenty of  friends. You will crave for something more special.

There is a difference between Erotic love and agape love. At a point in your life, you will surely need agape love and without it you will feel incomplete.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by hotangel2(f): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2005
Angela i beg to disagree with the age range part. Teenagers (Ages 14-19) feel Soooooo lonely when they don't have bf/gf. It's not like they get lonely, it's just the feeling of.. Why does she have a bf and i don't have?

When you r single... no u don't get lonely, u r single don't mean you don't have friends. You talk to friends, you can hang out with friends. This is the kinda situation where i must agree that bestfriends are better than bf/gf. You can hang out with friends, do stuffs and be happy. Most people that say they r lonely cos they are single are not really lonely.. they make themselves lonely, by saying they r lonely and pity-ing themselves. And also by watching movies and crying.. "i wouldn't be soo lonely if i had a bf/gf".

My friend is a very good example.. When she's in a relationship.. She wants to get out. When she's not in.. She wants to get in.

She'll call me and start telling me the story of her life.. "i am soo lonely.. God i need a bf... Omg, i was watching Laguna Beach and that boy kissed the girl, and i was wishing that was me and a boy.. ahhh, my life is like this like that" blah blah. It's not like she's lonely, it's like she's telling herself That, She's lonely.

Being single is no reason to say you r lonely. When u don't have friends and the whole world seems to be against you.. Hell yeah u can say u r lonely!
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by lioness(f): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2005
kiss
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by mckaycee(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2005
Loneliness comes as a state of the mind. If don't feel lonely, you can't be because you know you have other things to keep you busy and occupy your mind with.
But if your mind tells you otherwise, you will definitely feel lonely.
But once in a while, one feels lonely cos we need companionship once in while.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by isiegonwa: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2005
hellow today is first time
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by cushman(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2005
My own little opinion on this matter is that; one never gets lonely no matter what condition one finds him/herself in. The way each day turns out whether a happy one or a dull one is our own creation.

I've been single most of the time and i NEVER feel lonely for once. You're lonely only when you are dead.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nadine(f): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2005
i dont think that that means u are lonely.
u feel lonely if u want 2.
some people just move on. smiley
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by uniquelove(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2005
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by CHOCHORI(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2005
lonliness is a relative and encomprising word,u can be single and lonely and married and also lonely and vice versa. thats all i gotta to say,try and take control of ur feelings and be on top of ur emotion and u will never feel lonely.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by uniquelove(f): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2005
I beileve some people chose to be lonely and just dont want to have all the fun well for me i got my fun at www.uniquelovers.com it worked for me meeting the right guy of my choice
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by jenny247(f): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2005
I've been single most of my life but not lonely. yes, atimes i get bored or something but not really lonely.Whenever a relationship is over, i learn to let go and see it as one of those things that happen in life. most times, people feel lonely cos of misplaced passions. they dump all the love they should put in other relationships like friends and family e.t.c on their boy or girl friend and so find it hard to let go when the relationship is over. it becomes more like an obsession or insecurity, so the moment they get outta one relationship, they jump into another. they are afraid of being alone.

this loneliness really is a state of mind cos you could have the whole world and still be lonely. being single shouldn't mean being lonely....
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by icingbaby(f): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2005
you are not lonely, infact you have the best time of your life when you are single.
You don't have to worry about hurting each other or calling each other. I have been single for 3 month and it's the best thing ever. smiley kiss cool grin
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by c0dec(m): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2005
icingbaby:

you are not lonely, infact you have the best time of your life when you are single.
You don't have to worry about hurting each other or calling each other. I have been single for 3 month and it's the best thing ever. smiley kiss cool grin

yeah right! let me know next week if it's still the best thing. girls
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Oracle(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2005
itz almost impossible to be lonely while single
coz not everyone is in a relationship
besides aint there no more friends in this world.
im single but not lonely though sometimes i get bored
but not lonely.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by queen2(f): 12:32am On Oct 26, 2005
Single means you have the time to grow and be the person you want to be, hang out with anyone you want, gives you space to grow.

It is harder to grow when you are too close to someone. Single means learning to live by yourself, freedom. Single could be there's something coming at the corner and you can take advantage of it. When you're single you have more time to care for other people.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by Trooper(m): 1:15am On Oct 26, 2005
I currently feel lonely because my girl just left me.....but this is just me..

It's always a plus if you have somebody you can talk to about everything and anything, I mean everything. Sometimes I hesitate to talk to "normal" friends about my feelings....even when they are very good buddies.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by otokx(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2005
lonely, HELL NO!, when i got my ps/2 console, the internet and a bass guitar, not to talk of school books.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by dovey(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2005
I am single doesn't mean that I am lonely, as far as am concerned I have families and friends that I can mingle with if at all I wanted to so why the loneliness. INFACT BEING SINGLE MAKES ME MORE SELF CONFIDENT AND INDEPENDENT. Well, hoping to be DOUBLE in near future.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by whiteshark(m): 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2005
This na woman talk. Tis beta to leave it to them to trash out. Make we men read and learn
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by CimonJorr(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2005
Clarification required..

Can someone please define 'single' and 'lonely' for the purposes of this thread... ??
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by c0dec(m): 1:50am On Oct 27, 2005
the loneliest people in this world spend most of their time on the internet chatting and making friends.

who has the highest post count on this forum? whoever u are, u are so lonely.
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by hotangel2(f): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2005
Aye mi ooo.. U r talking to me. Okay me don hear oo. But just so u know. I am not a tiny bit lonely! cheesy cheesy
Re: You Are Single: Are You Lonely? by nddy(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2005
how do you share your boyfriend with Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Home Alone With My Adopted Step Sister … (18+) / Why Men Should Not Marry Women Above 30 Years Of Age. / Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.