Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (310047 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

As someone who sews, i would say get something a bit bigger and better quality. You dont want to be changing machines every year. Yes, You want something small, but invest in one good enough to last a few years. And take quite a beating.

This type looks like what you would buy a child who isnt quite sure if they will take up sewing as a gift.

As a crafter, i would suggest you go for one of the basic entry level models of janome, singer, brother, toyota or husquvana just to name a few. Janome particularly have some at good prices.

I bought a small singer, and to be honest i now wish i had bought something larger. It has its limitations but 5 years of some very heavy use, its still ticking alright.

Cc. Dtphilosopher: dont take offence, i am not trying to spoil your market, this is just my honest opinion. If you want to market to crafters you need to get products that will appeal to them.

Thank you so much. I will continue with my needle and thread then because I just need something portable to sew the lining of my crochet bags. In future I will be able to buy the brands you suggested.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

As someone who sews, i would say get something a bit bigger and better quality. You dont want to be changing machines every year. Yes, You want something small, but invest in one good enough to last a few years. And take quite a beating.

This type looks like what you would buy a child who isnt quite sure if they will take up sewing as a gift.

As a crafter, i would suggest you go for one of the basic entry level models of janome, singer, brother, toyota or husquvana just to name a few. Janome particularly have some at good prices.

I bought a small singer, and to be honest i now wish i had bought something larger. It has its limitations but 5 years of some very heavy use, its still ticking alright.

Cc. Dtphilosopher: dont take offence, i am not trying to spoil your market, this is just my honest opinion. If you want to market to crafters you need to get products that will appeal to them.

I will wait until when I am getting married. A sewing machine is usually bought for the bride to use for handwork. My mum gave out her own so that the machine can be oiled regularly. As a teacher, she does not have time for sewing.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2016
....here is the instruction I should have posted yesterday.

1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2016
We can now start working on shaping the front. Do not cut your yarn except maybe if you want to add a new colour.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2016
The Real shaping begins..

1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by yene3(f): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
please Ynnk, I don't understand page 22 . *1 ch in every st around * How do we work chain in back loop? Did u mean to say sc in back loop around.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Peculiarcrochet(f): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
Love these flower brooch/ hairpin

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ynnk:
Last round of sole...
Kindly explain the Round 3 of making the sole especially where there is sta(*).Thanks.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ynnk:
Please explain how to shaping.Please. Thanks
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
yene3:
please Ynnk, I don't understand page 22 . *1 ch in every st around * How do we work chain in back loop? Did u mean to say sc in back loop around.

Thanks Yene3, that should be 1sc in every st around.
My apologies - typo error. I will have it fixed shortly.

Good to know that you are following.
This is a pattern that I am drafting for the purpose of the tutorial.

@Everyone, kindly let me know when typos are spotted.
Thanks in advance.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
Esetin:
Please explain how to shaping.Please. Thanks
Esetin, can you post a px of your work so we can do it together.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Esetin:

Kindly explain the Round 3 of making the sole especially where there is sta(*).Thanks.

In Rnd 3:......*2dc in next st, 1dc in next, rep. from * 5 times.

it means do 2dc into the same st, then 1dc in the following st. Then repeat the same set of 2dc ; 1dc
5 more times.

so in total, there will be 6 sets over 12 st.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2016
....waiting for everyone to catch up...
Thanks for your patience.

http://www.hopefulhoney.com/2015/03/minnie-mouse-inspired-baby-booties.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2016
Next...

1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2016
Then...

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
WIP wednesday!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Here is a lil' sneak at what i have been upto!

●Crochet truncated icosahedron i.e flattened out units to make a crochet ball,from hexxies and pentagons ( standard football shape)
● zig zag blanket finally finished main body. Edging remaining
●puff quilt cot bumper/ play mat..... plan to make then individual pieces attach to eachother to make a play mat.

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2016
Last round of shaping...

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ynnk:
We can now start working on shaping the front.
Do not cut your yarn except maybe if you want to add a new colour.
Thanks a lot for the tutorial, I Appreciate your time. Please What do I do to the yarn? I intend using the same color of yarn. Thanks
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
Esetin:

Thanks a lot for the tutorial, I Appreciate your time. Please What do I do to the yarn? I intend using the same color of yarn. Thanks

Esetin, you are welcome. Continue working with your yarn in rounds.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2016
Finally...

1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Sharoniah(f): 3:32am On Sep 03, 2016
hello everyone, its been a while I posted here, I think the whatsapp group made me forget here...
here are few of works,thanks for the inspiration y'all

5 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Sharoniah(f): 3:45am On Sep 03, 2016
more

4 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Zheemub(f): 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Am wowed.
Lovely works u av all got.
Don't av any knowledge in it but am willing to learn. Want to learn a new thing.
Thanks to AlphaHandMaiden, she is inspiring me on DIY stuffs. Still waiting for your tutorials.
Hope am welcomed.
I reside in Taraba state, how will I get the wools and hooks?
Happy weekend to all.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2016
@Zheemub, welcome to the thread. Tutorials begin on page 4.

You should be able to get wool and hooks from stores that stock dressmaking accessories.

@Everyone, the booties tutorial is finished. Simply make a second one to complete a pair.

Many thanks again!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Zheemub(f): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Ynnk:
@Zheemub, welcome to the thread. Tutorials begin on page 4.

You should be able to get wool and hooks from stores that stock dressmaking accessories.

@Everyone, the booties tutorial is finished. Simply make a second one to complete a pair.

Many thanks again!
Thanks a lot. Have a great week ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2016
Guess who featured in an exhibition...

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Zheemub:
Am wowed.
Lovely works u av all got.
Don't av any knowledge in it but am willing to learn. Want to learn a new thing.
Thanks to AlphaHandMaiden, she is inspiring me on DIY stuffs. Still waiting for your tutorials.
Hope am welcomed.
I reside in Taraba state, how will I get the wools and hooks?
Happy weekend to all.

Yay ! Welcome to the thread. There are tutorials here for absolute beginners, feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ynnk:
Lady Ynnk, so sorry to disturb you kindly explain. I don't understand. Please.Thanks
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Esetin:

Lady Ynnk, so sorry to disturb you kindly explain. I don't understand. Please.Thanks

Kindly post a px of your work. We will take it from there.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:14am On Sep 06, 2016
Multicolored body suit and beanie.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 8:50am On Sep 06, 2016
Ynnk:

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Esetin: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2016
Ynnk:

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.