Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (310259 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tendychima(f): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
This thread is whao, I ve been viewing works here for a while but I can't but join the thread now.kudos to Prof.Ynnks n all the senior lecturers in the house.am fully into knitting,quilting n little pass in Crocheting but I believe with your inspiration the hooks n yarn must surely obey n submit to my tension.Thanks for being there for me whenever I call.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
tendychima:
This thread is whao, I ve been viewing works here for a while but I can't but join the thread now.kudos to Prof.Ynnks n all the senior lecturers in the house.am fully into knitting,quilting n little pass in Crocheting but I believe with your inspiration the hooks n yarn must surely obey n submit to my tension.Thanks for being there for me whenever I call.

Welcome!, welcome!!
glad to see a fellow quilter in the house. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2016
@Tendychima, many thanks. Welcome to the thread. Feel free to post your works even if it is not crochet.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2016

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2016

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2016
I tried to make a hat. Don't know where I went wrong so I am starting all over again. I don't want to give up so easily. Thanks Ynnk and all the pros in the house. Pls correct me.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
masties2:
I tried to make a hat. Don't know where I went wrong so I am starting all over again. I don't want to give up so easily. Thanks Ynnk and all the pros in the house. Pls correct me.

It appears you are going in spirals as opposed to doing a complete circle then starting another round.
You should have a flat circle with a circumference equal of the persons head, before you start shaping .

When you want to start shaping, you stop increasing and either keep to the same number per round or you start decreasing , depeding on the type of hat you want.

There are a few rules to keeping your circle crochet flat. The first is to increase the stitches in each round by the exact same number as your first round. So if your first round is 12, the 2nd will be 24, 3rd -36, 4th - 48 and so on.

To start each round chain the appropriate number relating to the stitch you are using,

To end each round always slip stich your last crochet stitch to the first chains you started the round with.

See attached a few pics that may help.
The first gives the general rules
The 2nd shows how a single crochet (us term) circle and where the increase were done

Thw 3rd picture shows a chart for a flat circle. It is drawn with a double crochet ( us terms). But the rules are the same itrespective of the stitch you want to use.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Thank so very much Ynnks. I spent the day digesting the pattern and directions you gave previously. I am working on the new one and hope to post a picture that you would be pleased with. You are a very good teacher too. I found it easier to follow your guide than the tons on the internet. Thanks once more.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2016
Pls for the circumference of the hat, the size is 20 inches. Do I divide by three or I make the flat round get up to 20 inches?I actually worked the new hat to round seven (about 18inches) before I started extending. I am sorry if I sound so confused embarassed
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by FXStar777: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2016
Nice work! Please inbox me your contact details I will like to discuss more with you. My email - funmi.ogunsusi@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2016
masties2:
Thank so very much Ynnks. I spent the day digesting the pattern and directions you gave previously. I am working on the new one and hope to post a picture that you would be pleased with. You are a very good teacher too. I found it easier to follow your guide than the tons on the internet. Thanks once more.

You are welcome Dear. Thanks too for the compliment.

@Alphahandmaiden, thank you so much for coming to the rescue.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2016
masties2:
Pls for the circumference of the hat, the size is 20 inches. Do I divide by three or I make the flat round get up to 20 inches?I actually worked the new hat to round seven (about 18inches) before I started extending. I am sorry if I sound so confused embarassed

Do round 8. Hopefully that should bring your circumference to 20 inches or thereabout.

Thereafter, start working the sides I.e. 1dc in each st around until you get the desired length.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden. Thank you so very much. The pattern and pictures you posted were so helpful. Thank you for taking out time to put me through. I am so impressed with the good work you guys are doing here.

P.S I think I have caught the crochet fever, I am working so hard at it to see the finished product to the detriment of other things I have to do. cheesy
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
tendychima:
This thread is whao, I ve been viewing works here for a while but I can't but join the thread.
Welcome on board n happy crocheting

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Welcome!, welcome!!
glad to see a fellow quilter in the house.
@ bolded seeing this word for the first time,checked it up already,quite interesting,me likely,I will b ccing u soon for lectures. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2016

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2016
tatacherie:

@ bolded seeing this word for the first time,checked it up already,quite interesting,me likely,I will b ccing u soon for lectures. smiley

Not a problem.

Patchhwork and quilting go hand in hand, plus patchwork has so many applications. But be warned when the bug bites you..... you are well and truely hooked. grin
Just let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2016
Been working real hard and made a crochet slippers. I found an old hard cover book on crochet with glossy picture pages and pattern. I was just passing by at a popular bustop in Lagos when I saw it. I got it for 100 naira. Unbelievable! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
masties2:
Been working real hard and made a crochet slippers. I found an old hard cover book on crochet with glossy picture pages and pattern. I was just passing by at a popular bustop in Lagos when I saw it. I got it for 100 naira. Unbelievable! cheesy

hello everyone,

good to be here. ynnk, alphahandmaiden, tatacherie, masties2 hello.

masties your joy and enthusiasm is so contagious.
well-done everyone

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
dp
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
Goodhart:

hello everyone,

good to be here. ynnk, alphahandmaiden, tatacherie, masties2 hello.

masties your joy and enthusiasm is so contagious.
well-done everyone
Yea hello, welcome on board.happy crocheting
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
baby set

4 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
fushia pink beanie

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2016
@Goodhart, welcome back. Nice works by the way. @ Alphahandmaiden, that ball is just too cute!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2016
Staring a hexa...

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
Beautiful works Goodhart. I wonder when I would get to that level. Made a handbag and a little hat. Work is still very far from perfect but I am still learning.

Welldone everyone.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
My hat looks like a bowl undecided. I don't even know how it got so big. O hope it is manageable. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by masties2(f): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
Also made this.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2016
More hexa.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.