Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (310387 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2017

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2017
theToro:
I want to make a bralette for someone that's busty but really slim, please help

lemme understand first before i give some tips:

Please what is a bralette? like a bikini top?

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

lemme understand first before i give some tips:
Please what is a bralette? like a bikini top?
Yes, and also like a crop top. Like the red one I posted
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2017
pinterest.com

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2017
theToro:
Hello house, I've been thoroughly inspired by this forum. I want to thank you all for the inspiration. I was able to crochet a top from the basic tutorials I got here.

welcome Toro (lovely name by the way).

keep on hooking sis, na the work we dey do for here cheesy cheesy

I hail everybody oh, Ynnk, Alphahandmaiden( longest moniker on our thread LOL) , tatacherie(MIA crocheter) Bobijoe ......all protocols duly observed.

Goodhart out and Ova LMao

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by LizD: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good morning everyone. I love all your works... you are all very creative... you have beautiful minds. I am very passionate about learning how to crotchet but I have had the problem of who to teach me, where to learn, how to learn, etc. Please I stay in Ibadan...who can help? I just stumbled upon this page while searching Google for answers to the questions above. Also where do I get the correct sizes of pins and the colourful yarns plus any other equipments you know I need. I am very glad to join you. Thank you.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
theToro:

Yes, and also like a crop top. Like the red one I posted

ok. For a busty bikini top i would advise not to do it in one piece.

you will need to do the band and triangle pieces seperately and join together unless you can come up with a method to do the requried increases.

Few measurements you will need to guide you.

A: Under-bust measurements: measure the around the chest area directly under the bust this is where her bra band should sit. ( Mark out the mid-point between the boobs and also the distance between the mid-point to the area just where the armpit starts.

B: Bust cup measurement: measure the "U" distance from the side of the bust - under and to the other side of the actual boob. ( this is the essentially the area that the underwire of a bra would sit. ( this U should start at the side of the boo.bs from the height of where the nipp.le sits , all the way under and around to the other side to the same height)

C: top of bust to under the bust.: basically this is taking a measurements from where the chest and bust meet, straight down along the nipp.le to the under of the bust

I have added a few sketches to make it easier to understand.

so make your triangle pieces to the meet the measurements as shown and join to the band piece between the mid point and arm pit point. the measurements of B will most likely be larger than the distance between chest midpoint and armpit point. so you can gather the fabric at the middle. this will help to create a bit of a cup to hold the boob.

Also i will suggest you use double crochet dc ( uk terms) to proivde a closer stitch or line it with fabric to stop the errant ni.pple from doing peek-aboo grin grin grin .

disclaimer: this is not a tried method, but it is what i would do to go about making a bikini top for myself (currently a 30/32G bust size so i understand your predicament)

I hope this helps though and the instructions makes sense to you. grin

Also: do not make the tie around the neck too thin, remember it has to carry the weight of the boo.bs and it will dig in to the wearers neck and shoulders. 1" thick should be a decent width for the tie.

And dont forget to add extra lenght around the band if she is going to tie the band as well. I would say the total lenght of the band should be at least double the measurement (A) if she is going to tie it behind her. You can use a piece of rope cut to lenght to test if it is sufficient before you start crocheting.

Sorry for the epistle....

Lastly: measurements should be taken with bra on oh! Because with big busts... nipp.le can be facing any number of directions... grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2017

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2017
@LizD, welcome on board. And thank you for the compliment.
Try learning from YouTube videos or the basic tutorials starting on page 4.
You can check shoprite for different crochet hook sizes.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by LizD: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2017
welcome on board. And thank you for the compliment.

Try learning from YouTube videos or the basic tutorials starting on page 4.

You can check shoprite for different crochet hook sizes.

.... Thank you so much for your help.
I will follow your advice and update you.
Thanks once again.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Lastly: measurements should be taken with bra on oh! Because with big busts... nipp.le can be facing any number of directions... grin grin cheesy

My able teacher. weldone ma cheesy grin
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 5:19am On Jul 06, 2017
Starting a rug blanket.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
LizD:
Good morning everyone. I love all your works... you are all very creative... you have beautiful minds. I am very passionate about learning how to crotchet but I have had the problem of who to teach me, where to learn, how to learn, etc. Please I stay in Ibadan...who can help? I just stumbled upon this page while searching Google for answers to the questions above. Also where do I get the correct sizes of pins and the colourful yarns plus any other equipments you know I need. I am very glad to join you. Thank you.
Welcome onboard LizD
U can get ur supplies from any art store
Im in Ibadan currently though new here.send me a pm
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Goodhart:

I hail everybody oh, Ynnk, Alphahandmaiden( longest moniker on our thread LOL) , tatacherie(MIA crocheter) Bobijoe ......all protocols duly observed.

Lol thanks for the shout out Jor
Book never lemme see road recently
Keep d passion burning..Ma'am ynnk i greet you
happy hooking everyone

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Goodhart:

Thank you!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Goodhart:

Thank you!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

ok. For a busty bikini top i would advise not to do it in one piece.

you will need to do the band and triangle pieces seperately and join together unless you can come up with a method to do the requried increases.

Few measurements you will need to guide you.

A: Under-bust measurements: measure the around the chest area directly under the bust this is where her bra band should sit. ( Mark out the mid-point between the boobs and also the distance between the mid-point to the area just where the armpit starts.

B: Bust cup measurement: measure the "U" distance from the side of the bust - under and to the other side of the actual boob. ( this is the essentially the area that the underwire of a bra would sit. ( this U should start at the side of the boo.bs from the height of where the nipp.le sits , all the way under and around to the other side to the same height)

C: top of bust to under the bust.: basically this is taking a measurements from where the chest and bust meet, straight down along the nipp.le to the under of the bust

I have added a few sketches to make it easier to understand.

so make your triangle pieces to the meet the measurements as shown and join to the band piece between the mid point and arm pit point. the measurements of B will most likely be larger than the distance between chest midpoint and armpit point. so you can gather the fabric at the middle. this will help to create a bit of a cup to hold the boob.

Also i will suggest you use double crochet dc ( uk terms) to proivde a closer stitch or line it with fabric to stop the errant ni.pple from doing peek-aboo grin grin grin .

disclaimer: this is not a tried method, but it is what i would do to go about making a bikini top for myself (currently a 30/32G bust size so i understand your predicament)

I hope this helps though and the instructions makes sense to you. grin

Also: do not make the tie around the neck too thin, remember it has to carry the weight of the boo.bs and it will dig in to the wearers neck and shoulders. 1" thick should be a decent width for the tie.

And dont forget to add extra lenght around the band if she is going to tie the band as well. I would say the total lenght of the band should be at least double the measurement (A) if she is going to tie it behind her. You can use a piece of rope cut to lenght to test if it is sufficient before you start crocheting.

wow! Thank you so so much. I really appreciate it. This is beyond helpful. God bless you abundantly! I'll let you know the turn out when I'm done. Thanks again l
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2017
Moving on...

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2017
Ynnk:
Moving on...
morning Ynnk,

weldone ma'am with the blanket. I noticed that this yarn is quite different from our normal yeye yarn. also, you are using a strand of yarn( u didn't double it). hope the work won't be too soft.

I'm just wondering cos I am used to doubling my yarn .

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tori26: 2:11am On Jul 09, 2017
Hello am Tori. New in the block. Still awaiting this year admission. Love crocheting as an hobby but want to be pro. I really love your works, but scares me a bit tho. Am like,can I really do this!! Its nice to have people of like passion. Please treat me well.. Thanks a lot guys
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Finished work. To be delivered tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2017
@Goodhart, thanks dear.
The yarn is a chunky type foreign yarn. I do not need to have it doubled. It is also heavy enough for a rug /blanket.

Imagine using about 6 strands of yeye yarn together; that will give you an idea of how thick the yarn is.

@tori26, welcome on board.
And thanks for the compliment. You can only get better when you keep trying. We hope to see your uploaded works.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2017
!

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by theToro: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello house, I've been using Baby wool since I started crocheting because it was impossible to find yeye wool. Finally found yeye wool today and it was 200naira for one. Is that the normal price?

@Ynnk the rug is so beautiful ���
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by bolubej: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
theToro:
Hello house, I've been using Baby wool since I started crocheting because it was impossible to find yeye wool. Finally found yeye wool today and it was 200naira for one. Is that the normal price?

Good evening everyone, I stumbled on this page this week. I got 8pieces of yeye wool for 1250 in ibadan while the 16pieces is sold for 2500
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
bolubej:

Good evening everyone, I stumbled on this page this week. I got 8pieces of yeye wool for 1250 in ibadan while the 16pieces is sold for 2500

yes that's the price in Ilorin. so far in naija, yeye for me is the best
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2017
@theToro, thank you. @Tatacherie, I greet you too.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by barbie1018: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2017
I just finished making them and I used red heart yarn.

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
barbie1018:
I just finished making them and I used red heart yarn.

waoh, they are lovely.

I'm working on this too smiley, but I'm using yeye yarn.

are you in Nigeria, pls where did you get your red hart yarn .

hi Ynnk, we are having inflow of more crocheters this week. that's great!!! the ministry is moving on cool

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by rezzy: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
Learning from here

I tried crocheting baby shoe but I didn't get the sole, after finishing, it looks like canoe, so I didn't make the second leg.

I later used Bethany sample on sole. Thats the sole

Pic 2,
Making Puppy love slouchy hat. Still on it.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:14am On Jul 12, 2017
theToro:

I think location depends.I buy yeye wool @ 170 per 1 in Benin
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Goodhart:

waoh, they are lovely.

I'm working on this too smiley, but I'm using yeye yarn.

are you in Nigeria, pls where did you get your red hart yarn .

hi Ynnk, we are having inflow of more crocheters this week. that's great!!! the ministry is moving on cool
Yesoo goodhart its a welcome development grin
Madam ynnk has done an excellent job creating this platform for us to learn
Eshe pupo once more Ma smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.