Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,467 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water (39210 Views)

Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Power Bank Fell Inside Water. What Can I Do / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Into Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Goovo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
SPG4U:
OP

Bag of Rice na 8K ooo

I go just jejely go give better engineer for slot

How I go waste a whole BAG of "iresi" iyen RIce

But no P sha make I go arrange condom give my Phone ...
[/size]
hahahahahahahahaha
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by omojeesu(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
cupsofxo:
Hello Nairalanders, I just learnt this now... Without waisting time lets get down to real business
So your fall fell inside a pool of water,, ow too bad, it can happen to anyone, do not panic just apply the following steps...

STEP 1: Take the phone out of the water immediately
STEP 2: Wipe the surface of the phone with a paper towel
STEP 3: If its an iphone, do not remove the battery, because doing that would void the warranty, after wiping the surface of the phone just place the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours, it will absorb the water, bring it out afterwards and u can now switch on
If its not an iphone, ensure to remove the b3 and any oda detachable part of d fon before putting in a bag of uncooked rice...

Thanks!
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Jaypea98: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
cupsofxo:
using a bag of rice doesn't mean u would condemn the rice or even use a full bag of rice, u can just get a little quantity of rice, put it in an air tight bag or sack with your phone in it.
Do i need to dig the phone into the rice and make it invisible or should i just put the phone on it and cover the bag?
cc kwaraguy
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by mckenzzy(m): 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
op my rice has finished can I put it in a bag of beans or garri grin
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Ricovendetta(m): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
cupsofxo:
Hello Nairalanders, I just learnt this now... Without waisting time lets get down to real business
So your fall fell inside a pool of water,, ow too bad, it can happen to anyone, do not panic just apply the following steps...

STEP 1: Take the phone out of the water immediately
STEP 2: Wipe the surface of the phone with a paper towel
STEP 3: If its an iphone, do not remove the battery, because doing that would void the warranty, after wiping the surface of the phone just place the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours, it will absorb the water, bring it out afterwards and u can now switch on
If its not an iphone, ensure to remove the b3 and any oda detachable part of d fon before putting in a bag of uncooked rice...
O.P will dat rice still be fit for consumption after putting ones fone in there? I mean surely u knw mobile fones are blessed amongst hazard.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
I learnt this sometime ago in a foreign movie, Fugitive at 17.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by lusciouslex: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
tohpahz:
Noted..

Phone oya fall into water jare..

Am no more scared grin

Op..if this thing no work ehh.. gather money oo.. angry
After all said and done, after they said you've won, how has it been, being Miss Nairaland? Girl, I wish I knew the hospital you work in as a nurse, I'll come over for a free medical check up# A-m-e-n!
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by glingev(m): 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
What if it falls inside the toilet
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by dczieta: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
If e fall inside gutter nko? Should i put it in my rice?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by donMIG(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
No b BlackBerry ooo...that mad fone no like water like GOAT Once e fall inside water just go sell am as scrap
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by kwaraguy(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jaypea98:

Do i need to dig the phone into the rice and make it invisible or should i just put the phone on it and cover the bag?
cc kwaraguy
Sorry my response is coming late I've been busy. Just as cupsofxo has said, just get the amount of rice that is enough to cover your phone completely. I used to put mine in the rice sack in food store sha
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by charlesbailey(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
thanks OP
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Jaypea98: 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
kwaraguy:
Sorry my response is coming late I've been busy. Just as cupsofxo has said, just get the amount of rice that is enough to cover your phone completely. I used to put mine in the rice sack in food store sha
You dont seem to get me. Shoild the phone be on the top surface of the rice in the sack;
Or should i bury/covet/immerse the phone in tha rice before sealing the sack?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by dencosweet(m): 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Just buy a new one or but it inside the fire grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
IPhone the use external battery?? Op u re soo lame iphones have inbuilt battery systems pls learn
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by AKJA(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
Search this topic and you will see that I earlier on intimated the house about this on Nairaland Forum. The quantity of raw rice should just be enough to completely submerge the body of the affected phone.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Jamesrock(m): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oilandgas1:

But jokes apart, is INTROVERT truely Jobless?
HE NEEDS TO VISIT JOB THREAD
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by otiigba1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
BUy another one angry
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by STEVENcrack(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
So what happens to d rice. Healthwise
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Walexz02(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
mytime24:
who don try am

#TESTIFY embarassed
Hi bae
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by youngseraph(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
a better method is to put d phone inside a freezer.... didn't say o
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by youngseraph(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
what if it falls into a well? should i just throw a bag of rice inside?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by dannyben5: 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
toideve:
So what happens to the rice afterwards?
carry d bag of rice troway
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by somtoto(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
SeXistBaStaRd:
undecided
SEXIEST BASTARD HMMM I FEAR DAT NAME CHAI
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by mytime24(f): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
hatux:
I don try am, it really worked like magic...

Try it too and your phone shall never remain the same again!
tnx 4ur advice, u try wella cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
What about the battery? Can it also be put in rice?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by SPG4U(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
drlawizle:

Engineer wey go still collect 3k for your hand, why not buy a bag of rice for 8k and eat for a month while saving yourself engineer troubles as well.

OP no talk wetin go do the rice ooo, so ow I go knw if I can still eat the rice
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by ayobase(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
elnino3:
Another good method is to clean it and put it with some sachets of silica gel in a zip lock bag, leave it over night.
Rice is equally a good desiccant.

wanna ask you a 'funny' technical question.
Are you an electrical engineer?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by saasala(m): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
when ever I misplace my phone and find it after sometime I usually hide it and buy a new one cos historically whenever I loose my phone and find it it gets lost finally that same month.

nice one OP.

by the way congrats to THOSE male nairalanders who knowingly or otherwise pressured LadyF to change to (m). God is watching all of you because you don't like women being on top of your heads. angry

We all know you are the same person operating the two accounts. May the lord provide you with a job
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by kwaraguy(m): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jaypea98:

You dont seem to get me. Shoild the phone be on the top surface of the rice in the sack;
Or should i bury/covet/immerse the phone in tha rice before sealing the sack?
. Ok, you'll bury it sir. Don't forget to remove the battery if it's detachable
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Put the phone in a bag of rice for 24 hours and after the 24 hours you should cook the rice and the phone and eat.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by 9jafreshest: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
The following phones are for sale in IBADAN

Neatly used Infinix hot note pro - - 26,000

Neatly used Innjoo ONE - - #24,500

Brand new Infinix Hot - - #17,000

Contact me on 09099132516

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / NTEL Sim Lagos Collection Locations And All You Need To Know / Could My Phone Be Monitored Or Hacked?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.