Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels (89448 Views)

6 Most Beautiful Hostels In Unilorin / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
We attended the just concluded 2015 IYF(International Youth Fellowship) World Youth Camp in University of Ghana, Legon Ghana from 31st of July - 4th August, and because we arrived late at night we were given temporary accommodations for that night pending registration the next day. However, they took us to Elizabeth Francis Hall(hostel) where we were given a room.

At first, i thought it was the usual Nigerian public Universities but we got the ultimate surprises of our life, behold the rooms we were given was well painted with white paint i repeat sparkling spotless white paint, two bunk beds with school made foams, four tables and chairs obviously for four students, well designed wardrobe for each students, a toilet and bathroom with water running through the taps, a ceiling fan, tiled floors, fire alarm, private balcony to spread your clothes e.t.c almost or equivalent to what i saw in one Busan University in South Korea when i attended 2014 IYF World Youth Camp in Busan.

Chai!! I don die, see Ghana Ghana wey no get oyel pass us, come get pass better university pass us.

In fact, holistically we stand a better chance than Ghana but how they come get better facilities pass us. Ghanians i beg make una understand. no offense.

No wonder foreigner students full the University.

The next day we register and were given rooms in ISHI(International Students Hostel), the setting is different from the previous hostel. It has two beds with the school made foams, two designed wardrobes, two tables and chairs, a ceiling fan, fire alarm, balcony to relax and spread clothes, well tiled floors e.t.c. the bathroom and toilet are not in the rooms this time around but they are very clean with running water. They have kitchens with refrigerators and one other room.

Let me cut the story short. University of Ghana is far far far.....better than all ........... terms of beauty, maintenance culture, facilities e.t.c

I was told that the school is autonomous, and that they always renovates all the structures and facilities at the end of every session.

see the pictures for yourself.

1, Front view of Elizabeth Francis Hostel

2, other hostels arround Elizabeth Hostel

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
pictures ....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
the bunk beds, tables, chairs, wardrope, clean floor,e.t.c

1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Inside the rooms is the bathroom and toilet

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Pictures of ISHI hotel sorry hostels were we lodged in the next day.

1, Entrance

2, Ariel view of International Student Hostel(These hostels are for foreign students)

3, the door

4, Reception(Kai! be like hotel lobby)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by AzontoGhost(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
forgiveness:
We attended the 2015 IYF(International Youth Fellowship) World Youth Camp in Unversity of Ghana, Legon Ghana. We arrived late at night thus we were given temporary accomdation for that night pending registration the next day. However, we were taken to Elizabeth Francise Hall(hostel) where we were given a room.

At first, i thought it was the usual Nigerian public Universities with dilapidated structures; Dirty and flooded bathroom with no functional water tap, rooms without foams, no table and chairs, no fan, dirty walls, dirty floor, e.t.c.

But we got the ultimate suprises of our life, behold the rooms we were given was well painted white paint i repeat sparkling spotless white paint, two bunk beds with school made foams, four tables and chairs obviously for four students, well designed wardrope for each students, a toilet and bathroom with water runing through the taps, a ceiling fan, tiled floors, fire alarm, private balcony to spread your clothes e.t.c almost or equivalent to what i saw in one Busan University in South Korea when i attended 2014 IYF World Youth Camp in Busan.

Chai!! I don die, see Ghana Ghana wey no get oyel pass us, we no get pass us, infact, holistically we stand a better chance than Ghana but they come get better facilities pass us. Ghanians i beg make una understand. no offence.

No wonder foreigner students full the University.

The next day we register and were given rooms in ISHI(International Students Hostel), the setting is different from the previous hostel. It has two beds with the school made foams, two designed wardropes, two tables and chairs, a ceiling fan, fire alarm, balcony to relax and spread cloth, well tiled floors e.t.c. the bathroom and toilet are not in the rooms this time around but they are very clean with runing water. They have kitchens with refregerators and one other room.

Let me cut the story short. University of Ghana is far far far.....better than all our Public and some private Universities in Nigeria in terms of beauty, maintianance culture, facilities e.c.t

I was told that the school is autonomos, and they always renovates all the structures and facilities at the end of every session.

see the pictures below.
knust has 9ce hostels !for foreign students christened Guss hostels ( students call it Brunei tho.)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by gunuvi(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Op, na hotel or hostel? Lol.
Our leaders are learners and wicked!! Imagine that small Ghana? Well let's see what Mr change will do to our education sector as all past leader failed woefully in that sector including Mr Saint Obasanjo who feels everybody is imperfect except himself alone. Shm

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by Ndipe(m): 12:02am On Aug 12, 2015
Just ok, yeah, better than the public universities in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
gunuvi:
Our leaders are learners and wicked!! Imagine that small Ghana? Well let's see what Mr change will do to our education sector as all past leader failed woefully in that sector including Mr Saint Obasanjo who feels everybody is imperfect except himself alone. Shm

I never even start.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
Inside ISHI hostel

1,2, Rooms with beds, Tables, Chairs, School made foams, Wardrobes and a well tiled clean floor

3, Designed and Polished Wood ceiling with fan and Fire alarm

4, Inside hostel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
pic of ISHI Hotel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
Notice the dry clean floor, the sparkling with toilet, bathroom, running taps,e.t.c

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by AzontoGhost(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
gunuvi:
all will be fine broda!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
1,2, Clean kitchens with refrigerators

3, i don't know the use of this place for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
This hostel leads to Commonwealth hall(theater).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
have of a lot of beautiful pictures but it is tiring to waiting uploading them.

op, abegi the Nigerians/Government know that we need transformation sorry change in our Educational system.

i mean front page pls.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by iamord(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
forgiveness:
1,2, Clean kitchens with refrigerators

3, i don't know the use of this place for
this pic is meant for the local champions that believe schools in Ghana are not quality. Quality speaks for its self. Am not saying this is all that. But it's standard. And conducive. And to think that it's a government school... smiley

12 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
iamord:
this pic is meant for the local champions that believe schools in Ghana are not quality. Quality speaks for its self. Am not saying this is all that. But it's standard. And conducive. And to think that it's a government school... smiley

True talk, We Nigerians don't know the history/secret behind rapid development in developed countries. Quality Education is the major driver the rapid development in any serious Nation.

THESE PICTURES NA SMALL COMPARE TO WHAT'S ON GROUND

8 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by iamord(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
forgiveness:

True talk, We Nigerians don't know the history/secret behind rapid development in developed countries. Quality Education is the major driver the rapid development in any serious Nation.

THESE PICTURES NA SMALL COMPARE TO WHAT'S ON GROUND
so true. Glad u have seen things for you self. U can contrast form the negatives people write about Ghana now. Did u get to visit other places, apart from the school?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
iamord:
so true. Glad u have seen things for you self. U can contrast form the negatives people write about Ghana now. Did u get to visit other places, apart from the school?

No No No, i don't believe all those negative things written here on Nairaland because i've been to Ghana more than 20 times.
And this is the second time in University of Legon. The last time was in 2001

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
What impresses me most is about their maintenance culture.

Like i said, i was in University of Legon 2001, comparing then to now and still the structures looks same if not even better than then.

10 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Seun, lalastical pls front page. this is informative.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by achimotan(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
@Op thanks for the post. Commonwealth an all male hall, resisted attempts by the authorities to convert it to a mixed one some years ago.Commonwealth boys are too boisterous and rowdy cheesy winkThey are always at forefront when it comes to demonstrations and protest march against the school or the government .By the way did you also take pictures of Mensah Sarbah hall.
I believe what is working for Legon is the concept of Public Private Partnership in the construction of hostels. By this,the university gives out land for investors to build hostels,operate them for some years and then transfer them to the university

6 Likes

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by achimotan(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
The University of Ghana has entered into a landmark agreement of US$64MM project with Africa Integras. The project which is structured as a 25-year Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT), is the first of its kind with a public university in Africa.
A signing ceremony took place this morning at the University’s Great Hall, witnessed by University officials, members of the University community, officials from the US Embassy, the media and members of the general public.
The Chairman of Council, Justice Dr. S.K. Date-Bah, and immediate past Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. C.N.B. Tagoe, who is currently the Chairman of the National Council on Tertiary Education (NCTE) were among the dignitaries who graced the occasion. They both gave remarks at the ceremony.
The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ernest Aryeetey, who gave an overview of the Project said that the project will involve the construction of an expanded facility for the College of Humanities, a new College of Education, a new dedicated facility for the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and the Institute of Technology and Applied Science, as well as a new facility for the College of Health Sciences to be located near the new teaching hospital on campus. The project, he said also consist of 1,000 new students hostel beds, to be divided between undergraduate and graduate students mostly to serve the College of Health Sciences.
Andrea Pizziconi, Managing Partner of Africa Integras delivered remarks at the ceremony during which she noted the cordial and professional relationship her organisation had the University had forged over the past few years.
The project, which was originally signed in July, 2014 has now reached the material milestone of funding approvals.
The construction is expected to commence by September, 2015 with a completion date targeted for September 2017. The project has benefited from the support of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation alongside Africa Integras and its funding consortium including US publicly listed investors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by kode12: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
I won't dispute the fact that Ghanaian government owned universities are much better than ours here,but OP I think what you may not have realised is that you may have been placed in the dorms for international students and trust me with the fees charged nothing less is expected so it isn't as much a big deal as getting your money's worth in service delivery.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
achimotan:
@Op thanks for the post. Commonwealth an all male hall, resisted attempts by the authorities to convert it to a mixed one some years ago.Commonwealth boys are too boisterous and rowdy cheesy winkThey are always at forefront when it comes to demonstrations and protest march against the school or the government .By the way did you also take pictures of Mensah Sarbah hall.
I believe what is working for Legon is the concept of Public Private Partnership in the construction of hostels. By this,the university gives out land for investors to build hostels,operate them for some years and then transfer them to the university

oh! i see. thanks for the information but that hall fine no be small.

No, i didn't go there . i took pictures of the beautiful library

1 Like

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
achimotan:
The University of Ghana has entered into a landmark agreement of US$64MM project with Africa Integras. The project which is structured as a 25-year Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT), is the first of its kind with a public university in Africa.
A signing ceremony took place this morning at the University’s Great Hall, witnessed by University officials, members of the University community, officials from the US Embassy, the media and members of the general public.
The Chairman of Council, Justice Dr. S.K. Date-Bah, and immediate past Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. C.N.B. Tagoe, who is currently the Chairman of the National Council on Tertiary Education (NCTE) were among the dignitaries who graced the occasion. They both gave remarks at the ceremony.
The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ernest Aryeetey, who gave an overview of the Project said that the project will involve the construction of an expanded facility for the College of Humanities, a new College of Education, a new dedicated facility for the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and the Institute of Technology and Applied Science, as well as a new facility for the College of Health Sciences to be located near the new teaching hospital on campus. The project, he said also consist of 1,000 new students hostel beds, to be divided between undergraduate and graduate students mostly to serve the College of Health Sciences.

No wonder most hostels looks like hotel. thanks for the information.

Andrea Pizziconi, Managing Partner of Africa Integras delivered remarks at the ceremony during which she noted the cordial and professional relationship her organisation had the University had forged over the past few years.
The project, which was originally signed in July, 2014 has now reached the material milestone of funding approvals.
The construction is expected to commence by September, 2015 with a completion date targeted for September 2017. The project has benefited from the support of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation alongside Africa Integras and its funding consortium including US publicly listed investors.
Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
achimotan:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by Captainswag225(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
o.p has said it all, no one should challenge. University of Ghana is the ish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels by forgiveness: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
kode12:
I won't dispute the fact that Ghanaian government owned universities are much better than ours here,but OP I think what you may not have realised is that you may have been placed in the dorms for international students and trust me with the fees charged nothing less is expected so it isn't as much a big deal as getting your money's worth in service delivery.

No bros, most of the the hostels are next to that of the international students hostels.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University / COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.