Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... (3055 Views)

Is It Ok To Snoop Or Go Through Your Spouse Mobile Phone/email?? / Snoop & Son: A Dad's Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... by limamintruth: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
BABE3:
...that is the question.

In this day and age, they say a smartphone says a lot about a person than words of mouth. So in a relationship(any kind of relationship), is going through your partner's phone/laptop advisable ?

•Some say "Snoop!".
Snooping has saved a lot of people from STDs. Snooping has made some so called main chics realized they were side chics. Snooping has even prompted a father somewhere to know that he is not the father of his 2 kids.

•Some say "Don't snoop, you have to trust him/her".
However, the trust you have in someone has no bearing on what the person will do or will not do. Trusting is a personal decision just like "faith", it has no impact on the truth.

So, what say ye ?

I am of the opinion that snooping should be mutually allowed by every married couple for each other.

I see no reason why any spouse would hide his/her phone contents from the other. There should be total openness between the couple.

Hence, the man should be free to go through his wife's phone without hindrance and vice verse. This even helps to do away with unnecessary suspicion in marriage.
Re: To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... by EfemenaXY: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
BABE3:
...that is the question.

In this day and age, they say a smartphone says a lot about a person than words of mouth. So in a relationship(any kind of relationship), is going through your partner's phone/laptop advisable ?

•Some say "Snoop!".
Snooping has saved a lot of people from STDs. Snooping has made some so called main chics realized they were side chics. Snooping has even prompted a father somewhere to know that he is not the father of his 2 kids.

•Some say "Don't snoop, you have to trust him/her".
However, the trust you have in someone has no bearing on what the person will do or will not do. Trusting is a personal decision just like "faith", it has no impact on the truth.

So, what say ye ?

BABE3, how far na. T'is been a while, girl.

Re: topic - I say snooping is for bone idle folks.

Honestly, I think it's energy-draining to say the least. Why spend so much time and effort giving one's self a heart attack, when that time and energy can be used for something more productive - like making yourself happy? That aside, I think snooping on a spouse's or partner's phone is extremely distasteful.

What many folks don't seem to realize is that a person who intends to play the field will do so irrespective of whether the other chooses to play CIA / FBI. What stops a philandering partner from discretely getting another phone / number just for cheating? Abeg life's too short to bother oneself unnecessarily. I personally don't touch hubby's phone. I'm not even in the least curious. Whenever his phone rings and he's not there to pick it up, I find it massively irritating and inconveniencing to pick it up and hand over to him without bothering to answer the call. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... by BABE3: 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

BABE3, how far na. T'is been a while, girl.

Re: topic - I say snooping is for bone idle folks.

Honestly, I think it's energy-draining to say the least. Why spend so much time and effort giving one's self a heart attack, when that time and energy can be used for something more productive - like making yourself happy? That aside, I think snooping on a spouse's or partner's phone is extremely distasteful.

What many folks don't seem to realize is that a person who intends to play the field will do so irrespective of whether the other chooses to play CIA / FBI. What stops a philandering partner from discretely getting another phone / number just for cheating? Abeg life's too short to bother oneself unnecessarily. I personally don't touch hubby's phone. I'm not even in the least curious. Whenever his phone rings and he's not there to pick it up, I find it massively irritating and inconveniencing to pick it up and hand over to him without bothering to answer the call. lipsrsealed undecided

I'm fine thank you. Thanks for asking. smiley I'm sure you're fine too.

Noted. Just wanted to get people's opinions.
Re: To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
NO. That's what the intuition is for.
Re: To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 17, 2015
I don't snoop.

Naturally, married or not, I allow those around me to be.

He gives me my space too. Who get time for all these?
Will it stop him/her from cheating if they want to?

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items / Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg / DUVET AND BEDSHEET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.