Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform (3327 Views)

El-Rufai Demolishes Inuwa Abdulkadir's House, A Top APC Chieftain In Kaduna (Pic / Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa / APC Cheiftain Calls For Suspension Of The Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform (2) (3) (4)

APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
The former Minister of Police Affairs, Dr Ibrahim Yakubu Lame has advocated for the establishment of emergency powers to the President instead of following the long process that will deter the speed action when necessary. The former Minister made the remark while fielding questions yesterday from newsmen in Bauchi where he tasked Nigerians to see the emergence of President Muhammad Buhari on the leadership of the country as necessary condition for peace, development and credible change in the polity. According to him, the leadership of President Muhammad Buhari under the All Progressives Congress (APC) in which change was yearned for by Nigerians is geared to remove institutional decay, corruption and incompetence in the system that has affected so many sectors in the country, urging President Buhari to re-establish capacity, competence and integrity in national leadership at all levels including the private sector and the public sector. He advocated for the bestowment of emergency powers on President Muhammad Buhari that will not destroy democracy but make the system to effectively function, work and arrest the fundamental issue of decay in the society, saying that democracy is about the welfare, security and safety of the people, so there is need to take steps to ensure that Buhari succeeds without compromising the concept of representation. The APC gubernatorial aspirant in Bauchi state during the last elections noted that noted that Nigerians now have a leader who demonstrated the desire and capacity to change; hence an environment must be created for him to achieve that change. “We can do that for certain number of years, say in the next four years let’s do away with certain obstacles that will stop Buhari from functioning. After that, if it is not possible we add another four years, eight years in a life of a nation is not much to re-establish and re-position it is just doing what is expected. So if there are issues within the Constitution that are abused or being manipulated to stop Buhari from succeeding, we must remove or set them aside for now without compromising the fundamental position of the constitution”, he added. The one time education commissioner in the state stressed the need for the legal system, Law and Constitution be respected as they are all meant to provide for the security of lives of Nigerians, their properties and future, adding that societies always look at their peculiar situations and do things that will help them, recalling that when late President ‘Yar-Adua was sick, the same Nigerians called for doctrine of necessity. “Such call was never in our Constitution but we invoked the issue of doctrine of necessity and then Goodluck Jonathan was made to act to avoid possible collapse of the system, so I believe we need to look at that. Though the situation has not reached that position but there are signs, like the leadership crisis in the National Assembly which is uncalled for,” he added. He said that it was important to build and fix the country by removing leakages which President Buhari has started doing, especially by making public institutions work, allow rule of law to prevail, avoid wastage, and establish transparency and good governance. -

http://nigerianpilot.com/apc-chieftain-calls-for-suspension-of-constitution-to-enable-buhari-perform/

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by kenny987(f): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
My goodness! Where is this kind of reasoning from? Even GMB will deny this Ibrahim Lame cos he's a 'reformed' democrat now all set to 'uphold rule of law'! Well like his name, he and his reasoning are 'lame'.
Yes Buhari must perform but not as a one-man squad and that is exactly what it will boil down to if certain provisions of the constitution u don't agree with are 'suspended' willy-nilly foe the supposed good of the people. All of a sudden 8yrs is not enough! Smh!
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BRIGHTTAZ: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
AN UNJUST LAW IS NO LAW AT ALL.
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Swaggzkid: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
So no want can tell op to modify his post??
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by deadZONE: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
hmmmmm PATHETIC
Buhari the laws where set so ANIMALS like u can be tamed.
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Don't say we didn't tell you soooooo

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Elosky20: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
WHETHER CONSTITUTION OR NOT BUHARI MUST SUCCEED. HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Elosky20: 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
WHETHER CONSTITUTION OR NOT BUHARI MUST SUCCEED. HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME. HIT SHARE IF YOU THINK HE CANT DO WITHOUT THE CONTITUTION SUSPENSION

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elosky20:
WHETHER CONSTITUTION OR NOT BUHARI MUST SUCCEED. HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME. HIT SHARE IF YOU THINK HE CANT DO WITHOUT THE CONTITUTION SUSPENSION

You see yourself, ready to truncate democracy for your self righteousness.
DECEPTICON!!!

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elosky20:

DECEPTICONS ARE HERE!!!!!

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by DrLee(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
this man is funnier than basketmouth grin
suspend ko, expel ni.
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by jomoh: 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Like i said in the previous thread,

"This is what you get when you allow every Tom D!ck and Harry to join the party.

Despite the fact that am a PMB supporter I believe this guy should be shot at a very close range with a .50 Calibre Assault Rifle"
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Samunique(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
I'm hearing this kind of thing for the first time in my life.

Constitution should be suspended for buhari to operate

That man needs to be examine!!!

The dumbest suggestion so farundecided
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by fitzmayowa: 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elosky20:
WHETHER CONSTITUTION OR NOT BUHARI MUST SUCCEED. HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME

Guy you must be high on kunu... angry
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by fitzmayowa: 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Samunique:
I'm hearing this kind of this for the first time in my life.

Constitution should be suspended for buhari to operate

That man needs to be examine!!!!

Maybe the guy is high on gworo...SMH
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Opinedecandid(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
Really?

You know some might still be taken aback by this news. But some of us who refused ab initio to fall for the change mantra knew and saw it all.

We knew APC will not tame Buhari.
We knew Buhari has not repented.
We knew if given the slightest opportunity, Buhari will damn democracy.

We are watching!

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Opinedecandid(m): 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
kenny987:
My goodness! Where is this kind of reasoning from? Even GMB will deny this Ibrahim Lame cos he's a 'reformed' democrat now all set to 'uphold rule of law'! Well like his name, he and his reasoning are 'lame'.
Yes Buhari must perform but not as a one-man squad and that is exactly what it will boil down to if certain provisions of the constitution u don't agree with are 'suspended' willy-nilly foe the supposed good of the people. All of a sudden 8yrs is not enough! Smh!

Mark my words, Buhari Will NEVER deny the man.

There is no spontaneity in that man's speech
It's ll planned.
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Vicadonis(m): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2015
ode ni man yi walahi
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Chiefpriest1(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2015
What kind of nonsense is this? Suspend parts of the constitution that brought you to power?

This says alot about the quality of persons we had as leaders in the past

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by kenny987(f): 12:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Mark my words, Buhari Will NEVER deny the man.

There is no spontaneity in that man's speech
It's ll planned.

That is why 'reformed' is in inverted commas. We know the truth but one thing is sure...Nigeria today is not Nigeria of 30 or more years ago. Try as they can there is most definitely a limit beyond which they will be forcefully stopped if reason will not prevail.

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Boo.hari is a "BLOCKED HEAD"

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:

That is why 'reformed' is in inverted commas. We know the truth but one thing is sure...Nigeria today is not Nigeria of 30 or more years ago. Try as they can there is most definitely a limit beyond which they will be forcefully stopped if reason will not prevail.

With no ministers and a rubber stamp legislature.... hmmmm
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by BushidoBlue(m): 1:10am On Aug 11, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
What kind of nonsense is this? Suspend parts of the constitution that brought you to power?

This says alot about the quality of persons we had as leaders in the past

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-at-chatham-house-why-i-want-to-be-president-buhari/

[size=18pt]Buhari at Chatham House: Why I want to be President – Buhari[/size]

He said he is in the race to restore the country’s glory. Buhari said: “I cannot change the past, but I can change the present and the future. So, before you is a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under democratic norms and is subjecting himself to the rigours of democratic elections for the fourth time.”
Meanwhile, there were protests outside Chatham House where General Buhari was delivering his lecture by his supporters and those opposed his candidacy.

Buhari, who spoke at the Royal Institue of International Affairs, London (Chatham House) in a paper entitled “Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria’s Transition,” said that he wanted to be president in a democracy “because the work of making Nigeria great is not yet done.”

The former Head of State said that one of his major priorities as president was to fight corruption in all its ramifications, pointing out that no corrupt person would be appointed into his cabinet.

He further said that he would block all the leakages in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC and the Customs & Excise which were the major cash cows for the nation and use the proceeds recovered from corrupt people to fund “our party’s social investment programmes in education, health, and safety nets such as free school meals for children, emergency public works for unemployed youth and pensions for the elderly.

“But I must emphasise that any war waged on corruption should not be misconstrued as settling old scores or a witch-hunt. I’m running for President to lead Nigeria to prosperity and not adversity…”

According to him, “the institutions of state dedicated to fighting corruption will be given independence and prosecutorial authority without political interference.

“You may ask: Why is he doing this? This is a question I ask myself all the time also. And here is my humble answer, because I still believe that change is possible, this time through the ballot, and most importantly, because I still have the capacity and the passion to dream and work for a Nigeria that will be respected again in the comity of nations and that all Nigerians will be proud of.”

Commenting on the reference made to him by British newspapers as a former dictator, Buhari further said: “Dictatorship goes with military rule, though some might be less dictatorial than others.” He said that he took “responsibility for whatever happened” under his “watch,” as Head of State.

He also promised to lead the way with force of personal example, especially in tackling waste and corruption.

No inch of Nigeria’s territory’ll be lost

Apparently referring to the challenges facing the country following the Boko Haram insurgents, which had been ravaging the north-east in the last few years, he said that “no inch of Nigerian territory will ever be lost to the enemy” if he is elected president.

“As you all know, I had been a military head of state in Nigeria for 20 months. We intervened because we were unhappy with the state of affairs in our country. We wanted to arrest the drift. Driven by patriotism, influenced by the prevalence and popularity of such drastic measures all over Africa and elsewhere, we fought our way to power. But the global triumph of democracy has shown that another and a preferable path to change is possible. It is an important lesson I have carried with me since, and a lesson that is not lost on the African continent.

“While you can’t have representative democracy without elections, it is equally important to look at the quality of the elections and to remember that mere elections do not make democracy. It is globally agreed that democracy is not an event, but a journey. And that the destination of that journey is democratic consolidation – that state where democracy has become so rooted and so routine and widely accepted by all actors.

“With this important destination in mind, it is clear that though many African countries now hold regular elections, very few of them have consolidated the practice of democracy. It is important to also state at this point that just as with elections, a consolidated democracy cannot be an end by itself. I will argue that it is not enough to hold series of elections or even to peacefully alternate power among parties.

“It is much more important that the promise of democracy goes beyond just allowing people to freely choose their leaders. It is much more important that democracy should deliver on the promise of choice, of freedoms, of security of lives and property, of transparency and accountability, of rule of law, of good governance and of shared prosperity. It is very important that the promise embedded in the concept of democracy, the promise of a better life for the generality of the people, is not delivered in the breach,” he added.

Boko Haram

On insurgency, he said: “Boko Haram has sadly put Nigeria on the terrorism map, killing more than 13,000 of our nationals, displacing millions internally and externally, and at a time holding on to portions of our territory the size of Belgium. What has been consistently lacking is the required leadership in our battle against insurgency. I, a retired general and a former head of state, have always known about our soldiers: They are capable, well trained, patriotic, brave and always ready to do their duty in the service of our country.

Nigerian soldiers capable

“You all can bear witness to the gallant role of our military in Burma, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Darfur and in many other peacekeeping operations in several parts of the world. But in the matter of this insurgency, our soldiers have neither received the necessary support nor the required incentives to tackle this problem. The government has also failed in any effort towards a multi-dimensional response to this problem leading to a situation in which we have now become dependent on our neighbours to come to our rescue.

“Let me assure you that if I am elected president, the world will have no cause to worry about Nigeria as it has had to recently; that Nigeria will return to its stabilising role in West Africa; and that no inch of Nigerian territory will ever be lost to the enemy because we will pay special attention to the welfare of our soldiers in and out of service; we will give them adequate and modern arms and ammunition to work with, we will improve intelligence gathering and border controls to choke Boko Haram’s financial and equipment channels, we will be tough on terrorism and tough on its root causes by initiating a comprehensive economic development plan promoting infrastructural development, job creation, agriculture and industry in the affected areas.

“We will always act on time and not allow problems to irresponsibly fester, and I, Muhammadu Buhari, will always lead from the front and return Nigeria to its leadership role in regional and international efforts to combat terrorism…”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-at-chatham-house-why-i-want-to-be-president-buhari/
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by KanwuliaJara: 1:34am On Aug 11, 2015
What is stopping him from performing? undecided
He has time to be flying from KUNTRY to KUNTRY abi? grin
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by steppin: 1:39am On Aug 11, 2015
They don yarn again.

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:46am On Aug 11, 2015
steppin:
They don yarn again.

Na their Way!

Wicked people! Lawless people! APC

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 11, 2015
This man need to be watched because they are the zealots that might suspend our constitution overnight because they want their Born to Rule to continue.

How come we forget that the North improverished this country the way it has become?
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by ajbabs(m): 3:00am On Aug 11, 2015
Mohammed Morsi of Egypt in making!

Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by Lanretoye(m): 3:46am On Aug 11, 2015
they should suspend the constitution constitutionally.
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by kennyman2000(m): 5:22am On Aug 11, 2015
speechless..
Re: APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform by rawtouch: 5:38am On Aug 11, 2015
1985 will repeat itself when they do it

Let me start getting close to my friends in the 3 services

1953 - Nnamdi Azikiwe Speech On Secession / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In Africa / Igbos Fought For Independence More Than 100 Years Ago

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61