Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. - Business (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (255447 Views)

You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 1:49am On Oct 09, 2016
Clients are funny.
I started getting eggs from Funtuna few weeks ago. Some clients that I have given eggs from them started jamming my ears with wonderful questions:-
* Do they write on eggs?
* Are these eggs not demonic?
* Is this not the mark of 666?
Na waa! But since the scarcity has been biting harder, they are now asking for even that brand that looks demonic.

Most times new and intending distributors do ask me how to get farms or mega depots?
I got to know Funtuna via a Keke driver that helps me in distribution and transportation. I complained to him that I needed more eggs as my client's demands are giving me headache. That same evening he forwarded a contact to me, I dilled it and got a slot right away.

The deal here is get in, make friends, the least contact you have may be your saving grace if you ask for a favour.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by donshaddow(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2016
Blackkie:
I am thinking of how best to help. I do not know where you are, the offer rates you got and your logistics demand. Thus I cannot give a quote.
For example, I deal with 3 farms now and their offer rates are not the same. The most regular is where I make the lest profit while the lest regular is where I make a kill.
Also, I do not know if you are working as a distributor or retailer.

Well, I'm in Lagos and have a mini van to take this myself. I can raise about 100k for the business.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by buddy221(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2016
jesulolami:
Hello house, am new in this business. Kindly link me with any farmer that can supply me like 100 crates of egg for start. AM at Idimu area in Lagos. thanks
tanks for ur reply. Bt sir, for hw long can egg stay bfr gettin spoilt and hw du I notice bad egg wen buying frm a farm? Tanks once more.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lets talk then.

donshaddow:

Well, I'm in Lagos and have a mini van to take this myself. I can raise about 100k for the business.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by dominique(f): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Why on earth are eggs so expensive? Just got a crate for N900. I thought eggs gets scarce and expensive after festive periods, what's happening?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by nairaxchan: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
myvic70:

730 what is yours too

mine was 700 before , now 750, increasing to 780-800 in the next 1-2 weeks
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
The reasons are:-
The demand is more than the supply at the moment. School has just resumed and the uses for eggs has gone up. Moreso, the cost of meat and fish is on the high side forcing many family to augment some of their meals with eggs instead of fish and meat.

It will continue like this till december when many farms would have sold off old layers. Around that time frame the scarcity will be higher until new DOC being introduced now starts laying maximally.

dominique:
Why on earth are eggs so expensive? Just got a crate for N900. I thought eggs gets scarce and expensive after festive periods, what's happening?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by nairaxchan: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
dominique:

Feeds and medication is on the rise,and i think some farms are closing down, and maybe egg scarcity.Right now Poultry Farming of this days needs better feed management/ High Feed Conversion Ration to turn a profit.I believe it is a combination of factors.Doubt there will be a downward review of prices in the future if things in the economy does not improve. This are my own thinking.i might be wrong
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
You are right.

nairaxchan:

Feeds and medication is on the rise,and i think some farms are closing down, and maybe egg scarcity.Right now Poultry Farming of this days needs better feed management/ High Feed Conversion Ration to turn a profit.I believe it is a combination of factors.Doubt there will be a downward review of prices in the future if things in the economy does not improve. This are my own thinking.i might be wrong
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by donshaddow(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2016
Blackkie:
Lets talk then.

Abeg gimme your number
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by myvic70(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2016
nairaxchan:

mine was 700 before , now 750, increasing to 780-800 in the next 1-2 weeks
800 now from farm.
House lets share prices fpr comparism. I am thinking of going for a break because customers are not comfortable.
Mr Blackkie how market na? Many thanks to you
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by bolman2k1: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2016
@blackie, how are u cooing with futuna price
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
As at Saturday, Big - N920; Medium - N850, Small - N800

myvic70:

800 now from farm.
House lets share prices fpr comparism. I am thinking of going for a break because customers are not comfortable.
Mr Blackkie how market na? Many thanks to you

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
Funtuna is on a rescue mission for me. I use it to add up.
Their rates are a bit high but they are always there for me.

bolman2k1:
@blackie, how are u cooing with futuna price
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by dominique(f): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
nairaxchan:

Blackkie:
The reasons are:-
The demand is more than the supply at the moment. School has just resumed and the uses for eggs has gone up. Moreso, the cost of meat and fish is on the high side forcing many family to augment some of their meals with eggs instead of fish and meat.
It will continue like this till december when many farms would have sold off old layers. Around that time frame the scarcity will be higher until new DOC being introduced now starts laying maximally.

So the prices will go further up by December?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
All things being equal.

dominique:

So the prices will go further up by December?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by dominique(f): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
Blackkie:
All things being equal.

Chai cry
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by tabontabon: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pls,is this the price you are selling or buying?

Blackkie:
As at Saturday, Big - N920; Medium - N850, Small - N800

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Selling.

tabontabon:
Pls,is this the price you are selling or buying?

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Shakitibob0: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Blackkie:
Selling.

is the eBook still available and also the list of farms
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2016
Yes.

Shakitibob0:
is the eBook still available and also the list of farms
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Shakitibob0: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
Blackkie:
Yes.

OK I will contact you
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ok.

Shakitibob0:
OK I will contact you
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
There is a little lull in the market this week.
Sales are generally slow. Many outlets were unable to sell off their supplies due to change in retail rates.

Many farms and major depots may have left overs this week.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2016
I made this remark few days ago and so it was yesterday and today. Infact I do not know how it will end. The crux of the matter is that the tripod bearing the egg business is suffering.
The farms are legitimizing their increase due to the increase in the cost of running the farms, the distributors are complaining for buying the eggs at a high rate and the retailers are here with tales of low sales due to hike in retail rates - its really a log jam.

I have found out one thing, many distributors are not pro-active but re-active. Many are making lots of killing by taking just a step further. Think and do the same.

Blackkie:
There is a little lull in the market this week.
Sales are generally slow. Many outlets were unable to sell off their supplies due to change in retail rates.

Many farms and major depots may have left overs this week.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by tabontabon: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2016
blackkie, increase in cost of feed and medication is nothing to write home about.Imagine layer mash moving from avg #2200 to #3k now. Even sawdust is being sold in my area @ #200 /bag.Add drop in production due to unstable weather throughout September & low quality feeds being used.If situation persist a lot of farms will go belly up while some will cut back production.

December -Jan might be a game changer. so many farms will sell off their stocks without restocking till things improve. It had happened before some years back.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Oskyworld(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good day,

I have a small farm at gbagi side Ibadan, I can only supply 120 crates/month or 60 crates fortnightly on my farm.

The size of my eggs are medium and I sell at N730.

Interested? Call or WhatsApp 08062140177
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by TheRealAfonja(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
I have unsorted from my uncle farm just picked today my shop is in oshodi lagos I only have 200 crates interested buyer(s) should contact me 900 is my price .... I can bet you can sell them as high as 1050naira cos they re big. Whatsapp only 07063831176 for future details
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
You got the picture right.

You killed it when you ''touch lighted'' December - January as the game changer.
I have been thinking of what that period will look like. For sure many farms will sell of their old layers and may not re-invest up to the tune of their former investment. However, the constant loop hole during that festive time frame is worth exploiting. Its a cycle every pro-active distributor must make arrangements for.

tabontabon:
blackkie, increase in cost of feed and medication is nothing to write home about.Imagine layer mash moving from avg #2200 to #3k now. Even sawdust is being sold in my area @ #200 /bag.Add drop in production due to unstable weather throughout September & low quality feeds being used.If situation persist a lot of farms will go belly up while some will cut back production.

December -Jan might be a game changer. so many farms will sell off their stocks without restocking till things improve. It had happened before some years back.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
The prices of eggs at the retail shops has given morale to keep going.

I took some time to check on few of my clients to get first hand information ad it was rewarding. I visited five [5] of them and they confirmed to me that they are enjoying the hike in prices and yet complaining at a loud voice.

My first port of call was a fine lady selling Indomie at Aguda. I asked her to fry two eggs for me and serve it with yam. After the ''delicious'' meal she has the guts to ask me to dole out N70 per egg! I gladly paid, gisted with her and said good bye. I need no national conference to decide on my own price hike. The crate of eggs I use to supply at N850 jumped to N950 and she never complained.

At the second place a big super market, I asked the woman in-charge for a toilet soap. As clients were trooping I stepped aside for her to attend to those clients. Before me, the woman sold eggs thus in my own presence - Jumbo - N50, Medium - N40 and Small size N35. Men and brethren, the eggs she retailed at N40 and N50 were from crates of egg that I supplied her at N900.

It was almost the same thing at the other places.
So what does all these suggest? Supply rates cannot be lower than N870 on the average.
For me, I make profit of at least N80 and as much as N300 on few. Do your home work, no matter the rates you get it from the farms or distributors, your profit is assured.

Once again, keep the fire burning. No shaking!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Xxpress(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
pls , can i av ur contacts blackie
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2016

Xxpress:
pls , can i av ur contacts blackie

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (66) (Reply)

Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.