Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man (529 Views)

Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Lagos. Elderly Woman, Others Affected (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man by authority2006(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2015
A flight attendant with one of the international airlines, Micheal Ray Huerata, has revealed his encounter with an elderly Nigerian man who was traveling out of Nigeria for the first time.

Read what the flight attendant wrote below: -

"I'd like to share with you the most meaningful experience I've had in my 2+ years of flying. While boarding our flight from Nigeria last night, the man you see in this picture was seated in an aisle seat. As I walked by him, he waived me down and after I approached, he said "I must go to the toilet to relieve myself." I said "Ok, sir, the toilet is right behind you," pointing towards the bathrooms near the back galley. He repeated his request, but this time he was motioning both hands towards his lap and politely said "but I need to go to the toilet, please."

I assumed he was just reiterating his need to pee, so I again pointed towards the aft bathroom. He continued to motion towards his lap, but this time he grabbed his seat belt. It hit me; he had placed his seat belt on, but had no idea how to lift the buckle to release the belt! I apologized for not having understood, smiled, and showed him how to release his seatbelt. I shared this story with the crew shortly after and we were all humbled by the experience. But the story doesn't end here. Throughout the 12 hour flight, the man was as nice and generous as could be. He was smiling, enjoying the meals and entertainment, while always offering a genuine "thank you."

In the last hour of the flight, he came to the back galley and was just looking around in awe, fascinated by the plane. He and I began to talk... In his decades of living, today was this man's first time in an airplane, his first time seeing a seatbelt, and his first time leaving his small village. As a mathematics and geography teacher, he'd always dreamed of visiting the United States. So he saved money his entire life so that one day he could purchase a flight, a new suit, and a camera. Today was that day, and today I had the distinct honour of being able to serve him on the first leg of that journey. I'm moved to tears that I could be so lucky to meet this man. Of the thousands of passengers I've ever served, of the rich and famous, successful and powerful, frequent travelers and million milers, serving this one man - in coach - was the greatest honour I've had as a flight attendant.
Link: http://www.tori.ng/news/6267/read-flight-attendants-inspiring-story-of-his-enco.html

2 Likes

Re: Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man by authority2006(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2015
So touching. Dream comes true.

2 Likes

Re: Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 11, 2015
Yes ooooooo
Re: Attendant Has Shared His Experience With An Elderly Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2015
authority2006:
So touching. Dream comes true.
When your "Dream come true"you will be more than glad,it's just like a "Target"I must achieve this and you did,as my moniker says: Dreamcome2ru,it's a long story eventually i achieved my target.

(1) (Reply)

Manifest Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Released / Check Out This Photo Of The Day / Canadian Visa!.....help Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.