Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why PHP/ASP.NET Most Times...are They Irreplaceable - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why PHP/ASP.NET Most Times...are They Irreplaceable (359 Views)

Php/asp/laravel Developer Needed For A Flight Booking Website / Vacancy !!! Php / Asp.net Web Developer Wanted In Ibadan / Why PHP Sucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why PHP/ASP.NET Most Times...are They Irreplaceable by engrrichie92(m): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2015
yea, it's me again!, still on my journey to being a webmaster, still presently wrapping my head on css while taking a peep into Javascript already..
but of course, i wont be able to fully launch into JavaScript if i cant use my css and html to a very tangible and applicable degree
still working on my first home page; daunting, challenging and could be tiring. but im sure i'll get there! and for nairalanders that has been of help so far, im immensely grateful(i sure'll spilt my first income from web into two, the other half for nairalanders for being so selfless in aiding this journey...lol)

Now back to the topic, even though im still a webBaby for now, cant help but start asking questions already, questions that demand answers.
From my little knowledge, i realised that there are much more server side languages than usually mentioned...we have the commonly mentioned php and asp and rarely mentioned others like python, perl, ruby, etc (except if im wrong and they are not server side languages)
the question now's why is it that when we talk server side programming ... what comes to our head and lips is asp and PHP particularly. what edge do they have over the rest; what disadvantage do these other "underdog scripting languages" have that make them rarely used.
We always make php/asp sound irreplaceable and im curious as to why... cant others do thesame Job they are doing?

NB: as aforementioned, im still a webBaby that has keen interest in web programming. your answer to this question'll aid and assist my web decision when i eventually get to that stage of this webmaster voyage..so please pardon my annoying ignorance and help this unpcoming webmaster understand things better. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Start Earning Atleast #2,000 Weekly From Your Low Traffic Blog! / Have An Idea For The Web? We Will Fund You / Recommended Caching Plugins For Your Wordpress Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.