Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter (134371 Views)

Please Help Save Baby Tobi / Please Help Save A Friend, Olanrewaju Okusanya / Help !!!! Please Help Save A Nairalanders Life This Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2015
With a heavy heart I create this thread to seek for help from good hearted Nigerians home and abroad.
Her name is Light, she is one yr and nine months old.
she is not walking or talking yet
she has been surffering from frequent repiratory tract infection and other infection since birth
she has been battling with life since her birth
she weighs 7kg now
presently she is not feeding well again.
she is my daughter, first and only child.
we took her to the hospital on Monday, 3rd august. where they told us after an X-ray to go for Echocardiography at osogbo. during our previous visit to the hospital they ve been telling us its malnutrition. after the test at Biket hospital in oshogbo we were told she has heart defects. she has four different problems in her heart and it requires surgery which can only be done in India.
the money we re expected or likly to spend will be around #4million.
pls, I want Nigerians to help my family save the girl's life cos we can't afford the expenses.
we ve sent messages to Kanu heart foundation but no reply. pls help us. she is in pains presently.
the cardiologist was even surprised after the test of how she has lived till now. that's y I calld her a great fighter. pls everyone help me
Acc details
Ogunruku Mercy Itunu
UBA
savings acc.
the master Seun, the CEO of nairaland himself has donated toward d treatment in d link below
https://www.nairaland.com/2643059/charity-policy-donate-though-cannot

15 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2015
these are he reports

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2015
that's for the chest X-ray

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2015
echo tests reports

1 Like

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2015
k
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2015
two

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
full

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2015
those are the reports. now her own pix

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2015
so pls u can reach us tru my husband e-mail logbe4world@yahoo.com. or call or whatapp me on 08068328110. tnks. we need ur prayers as well as d financial support. God bless u all.
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
moerators pls help me rake this to front page. please I beg u in God name
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by marygold(f): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
ayolight:
With a heavy heart I create this thread to seek for help from good hearted Nigerians home and abroad.
Her name is Light, she is one yr and nine months old.
she is not walking or talking yet
she has been surffering from frequent repiratory tract infection and other infection since birth
she has been battling with life since her birth
she weighs 7kg now
presently she is not feeding well again.
she is my daughter, first and only child.
we took her to the hospital on Monday, 3rd august. where they told us after an X-ray to go for Echocardiography at osogbo. during our previous visit to the hospital they ve been telling us its malnutrition. after the test at Biket hospital in oshogbo we were told she has heart defects. she has four different problems in her heart and it requires surgery which can only be done in India.
the money we re expected or likly to spend will be around #4million.
pls, I want Nigerians to help my family save the girl's life cos we can't afford the expenses.
we ve sent messages to Kanu heart foundation but no reply. pls help us. she is in pains presently.
the cardiologist was even surprised after the test of how she has lived till now. that's y I calld her a great fighter. pls everyone help me
God will definitely come to your aid!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by seunkeji5(f): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Her story is so real, saw her plea for help on EKTV Ekiti television this afternoon, may God see you thru. pls try and get in touch with NTA NEWSLINE also they will help broadcast it

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by seunkeji5(f): 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
also drop your Account number here, some passer by might just want to pay some money into it, and they might not feel like mailing you or even calling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ogunruku Mercy Itunu.
UBA
Tnk u for ur concerns.

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by olaoyekemi(f): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Just has d name implies LIGHT,she will be a source of blessing to u,the Lord will provide all wat u need for u.pls don't loose hope am praying for u.now Light hear the word of d lord darkness shall nt av power over u ijn

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
olaoyekemi:
Just has d name implies LIGHT,she will be a source of blessing to u,the Lord will provide all wat u need for u.pls don't loose hope am praying for u.now Light hear the word of d lord darkness shall nt av power over u ijn
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by lovinam: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lalasticalla!!
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by favoredgal: 5:43am On Aug 12, 2015
It's well with you. Will donate my own widow's mite

2 Likes

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by Onegai(f): 5:57am On Aug 12, 2015
SHOW LIGHT YOUR LOVE!!

Let's help Light Ayodeji, who is 1. 9 years old, to have a wonderful long life. By donating N1000 each, we can give her life-saving surgery for her heart condition and respiratory illnesses. She needs N4million for heart surgery in India. Please help us save baby Light Ayodeji by donating to the following account and sending this message to everyone on your phone.

Ogunruku Mercy Itunu UBA

Thank you, for your contribution to saving this baby's life.

OP, I can send that out as a bc on my phone (they don't like reading long messages) and hopefully we get some helpers. I know it's easier for people to give small amounts faster rather than waiting for large amounts. HTH.

15 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by olu4life(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2015
Following…
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by taryour(f): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2015
It is well with you baby light. darkness will never be your potion. IJN AMEN.....

1 Like

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by rezzy: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2015
lovinam:
Lalasticalla!!

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ona2: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2015
I pray for light, God healing hands will be upon her. God will raise up well meaning Nigerians and Nairalanders that will come to your aid. It is well. Just be positive and speak positive words to your baby and see what God will do. God loves her and she will come out victorious.
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Onegai:
SHOW LIGHT YOUR LOVE!!

Let's help Light Ayodeji, who is 1. 9 years old, to have a wonderful long life. By donating N1000 each, we can give her life-saving surgery for her heart condition and respiratory illnesses. She needs N4million for heart surgery in India. Please help us save baby Light Ayodeji by donating to the following account and sending this message to everyone on your phone.

dis is my own acc. Ogunruku Mercy Itunu UBA

Thank you, for your contribution to saving this baby's life.

OP, I can send that out as a bc on my phone (they don't like reading long messages) and hopefully we get some helpers. I know it's easier for people to give small amounts faster rather than waiting for large amounts. HTH.
tnks ma
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by olu4life(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Actually I doubt if it will ever see frontpage. All we can do is to share the First post and also tag people that we know can be of help
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by Mynd44: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
olu4life:
Actually I doubt if it will ever see frontpage. All we can do is to share the First post and also tag people that we know can be of help
As long as it remains unverified, it wont.
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by olu4life(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mynd44:

As long as it remains unverified, it wont.
Yes, actually my point. Learnt she was on TV though to plead for assistance. But doesnt mean NL wont still verify it sha. It is well

Cc tearoses caracta idowuogbo
Sorry to bother us pls, how can we help verify her pls? undecided
Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by Caracta(f): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Chai! Na wa o. This life sha.

OP, be strong. God is with her.

Where do you stay? Is there a way the story can be verified?

2 Likes

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by Lagusta(m): 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
@ayolight..

I'm sorry for the pain this has caused you....

But as a doctor, I will tell you the truth, and I can never hide anything from you.....

Let me start by saying this, the results of the chest X-ray and echo seriously contradict each other, so it would be difficult to place a definite diagnosis........

If we go with the chest X-ray, it says there is a transposition of the great arteries.... This congenital condition allows children never to live up to a year without surgery, so I'm not surprised if the doc initially said she was a fighter. I'll as one simple question; does she turn blue occasionally I mean her lips and palms??

Now, if we go with the echo, it says there is a patent ductus arteriosus, and I believe this is the correct diagnosis, considering the failure to thrive, the recurrent chest infections etc.... If this is the diagnosis (which is the better of both evils) then I can guarantee that you can perform the surgery here in Nigeria, even in UITH ilorin, because I was privileged to witness a PDA ligation while I was a student, and the baby did very well after that....

Modified: I just saw the part where there is a ventricular septal defect. I also heard ilorin has started performing open heart surgery, you could make some enquiries....

But if you still feel India is your best bet, please go ahead!!! May the Good Lord be with you...

@dominique, please move to front-page, thanks

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
@lagusta, tnks. yes presently her lips are blue. nd sometimes her palms. the cardiolodisy told us it is not safe to expose her to a local surgery cos of d severity of her condition. but I ll make enquiries. tnks.
@olu4life, pls dnt fget d info I ask u to send me. pls send to my hubby e-mail.
tnks everyone. she ate a little tday.

3 Likes

Re: Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter by ayolight(f): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
Caracta:
Chai! Na wa o. This life sha.

OP, be strong. God is with her.

Where do you stay? Is there a way the story can be verified?
we stay in ekiti state. you can call the no on the echo report to verify from them. just ask them abt the child that came for echo on the 4th of this month frm ekiti state. or u can pay us a visit if u live close to us. God bless u. or u can as well visit children ward in ekiti state teaching hospital to ask abt d child that was reffered to osogbo for echo test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply)

The Man With The World's Longest Joystick Refuses To Have It Reduced. Pics / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Sperm Dripping Out Of Your Vagina Immediately After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.