Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? (1133 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Elon Musk Set To Launch His Tesla Roadster To Mars On SpaceX Heavy Lift Rocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by lacicrips(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2015
I'm looking to get something that can conveniently move coupled furniture items like wardrobes, sofas, etc within Lagos on a daily basis.
I'm going the bus route due to budget constraints, as I see it's a bit cheaper than other types of haulage vehicles. But I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

* I debated if this was the right section to post this or the Autos section. Either ways, moderator kindly move if it doesn't belong here. Thanks.
Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by cardoctor(m): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
I'm sure you mean the van and not bus. Busses are used for carrying passengers. Vans are more appropriate for furniture haulage.

Please rephrase the title of your post.

Cardoctor
Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by lacicrips(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
cardoctor:
I'm sure you mean the van and not bus. Busses are used for carrying passengers. Vans are more appropriate for furniture haulage.

Please rephrase the title of your post.

Cardoctor
Yes, that's what I meant. Any particular one you'd recommend?
Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by lacicrips(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
What type is this?

Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by cardoctor(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
The van in the picture is what's called a Luton van in the UK.

Its perfect for furniture transportation and is very popular with house moving and removal companies.
Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by Fixed: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
Get a long chassis, high roof Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato.

Available all over Lagos. Got me clean diesel engine 2 Years back for N800K and petrol engine for N1M.
Re: What Bus Would You Recommend For Heavy Furniture Haulage? by lacicrips(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
Fixed:
Get a long chassis, high roof Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato.

Available all over Lagos. Got me clean diesel engine 2 Years back for N800K and petrol engine for N1M.
Thanks for this. I've particularly been looking at that Peugeot boxer for a while now. Why the disparity in price b/w the diesel & petrol?

Thanks @cardoctor.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1344141_Boxer_1_jpg708f941618f4ac5d9066c77f91a79ef4

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help / Here Is Covini C6W The World’s First And Only 6-wheeled Supercar / This Man Was Spotted With An Heavy Load On His Motorcycle Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.