Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari (31141 Views)

Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack / Trial Of Nigerian Treasury Looters To Commence Soon-president Buhari / I Will Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar Soon President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Well I'm not too sure what that has to do with Buhari fighting to regain the stolen funds? But as Jesus was born in the middle east he was probably not black or white but like the people tern brown!
smiley

bwahahahahahahaha...exactly the answer i awaited...symantics,heyyy........okay,okay,okay.,...i am having fun!!...okay,.next,,,if jesus-christ were black,would you bow down to him??
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
moufan:
which stuupid stand still is nigeria is? rubbish
Ur house
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Favparis(f): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
moufan:
where are all dis people seeing bogus figures? if you hav evidence tinubu has stolen public funds,go to effc or icpc office and present it to them for prosecution,you should not just continue to rant and spew rubbish here.

U're the one who's RANTING TRASH here!
The same way he wants to prosecute others, he should go same way with your God Father else we assume he's being partial.

He has to start from the root dud......
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by onelife97: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
I am a yoruba man so forget abt tribalism and witch hunt
If we don't see OBJ, Tinubu,Fasola,IBB, Abubakar Abdul Salam himself, Bode George,Atiku,et Al then Buhari is just playing games.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Chubhie: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
tsdarkside:

chaiii..its crazy ohhh...even if you steal,i dont understand why you steal so much...........what you want to do with all this enormous amount of money...them dis wans dont even steal in naira standard...they steal in dollars!!!..............heavens..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

sometimes i get very shocked hearing corruption storys....crazy!!!
It boggles the mind. They probably thought at death they could use it and bribe their way to paradise.

All the billions,fancy rides and mansions all ends here on earth. I've notice a trend that it is mostly the poor souls who get caught in the craze to acquire and accumulate wealth illegally.

This life is nothing but vanity. Do good and contribute your quota to making the world a better and safer place. Maximum we live is 120 years then we are all but forgotten.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
ellechrystal:

I tell u.
I tire 4 d man

But what about his certificate and perjury cases? Abi him don get am automatically, as president? What about his failure to appear before Oputa panel? What about all his hate-filled and inciteful utterances? He may appear to be the right man for the job right now, but I can't come to terms with his past.

Anyway, I am giving him all my support as our president. If he succeeds, Nigeria will be great again. I wish PMB all the best, less talk and more action. grin

3 Likes

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by freedom96: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
ellechrystal:
Hm, i hope we don't spend all d years chasing corrupt officials wen they surround him.
Secondly, this man should not forget d things to b done to make d economy boom.
Security is an issue now, transportation, agric etc..for d past two months, trust me Nigeria has been on stand still.
I wish him all d best , but he talks too much.
Hmm...it was not on stand still honey,it was really moving.What happened was that your last election trauma didn't leave u untill recently,thus u now find it worthy to comment on the progress of this administration.I hope the trauma is completely gone.Welcome to change!By the way,how often do u get light now?Mizmycoli confessed that her's is almost constant.

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Mikimo(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
midolian:
Let it begin baba. We dey ya back

5000 Abdulsalams can't stop this.. You can't loot what is meant for over 180million pple and expect to go unpunished. In fact, let the Ekwulobia and kirikiri prisons be emptied so they ll be occupied by these bigger criminals.

Ɣσµ dey vEx
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
freedom96:
Hmm...it was not on stand still honey,it was really moving.What happened was that your last election trauma didn't leave u untill recently,thus u now find it worthy to comment on the progress of this administration.I hope the trauma is completely gone.Welcome to change!By the way,how often do u get light now?Mizmycoli confessed that her's is almost constant.

Guy free the babe now? She no be pej. Abi she cried more than the bereaved? grin
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
This sounds good...we need stolen monies recovered...we do need them back..PMB live by your words and lets see drastic results...
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by gidjah(m): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Let the music play on....uncle jona had all d opportunity to nail few corrupt officials during his tenure, he chose to aid and abbet, he really made a mess of christians in Nigeria, we tot he was a messiah!!,but even a pagan wont go so low morally with this kind of leadership style.we pray God to guide and keep our prosecutor PMB,sai Baba na mu!

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Boss13: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
At this time, Buhari must do everything necessary to protect himself. History always find a way to repeat itself and like what Soyinka will say - when you fight corruption, corruption finds a way to fight back.

They have disguised themselves to find a way to plead for mercy, sending emissaries and visiting to hold meetings at midnight. Let us not be fooled that these evil men do not have an alternative game plan.

We must steadfast, pray and ensure God protect our president
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by moufan: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Favparis:

U're the one who's RANTING TRASH here!
The same way he wants to prosecute others, he should go same way with your God Father else we assume he's being partial.

He has to start from the root dud......
he he he,these wailers won't stop to amaze me,if you've got credible evidence tinubu stole public funds why not present it to the efcc or icpc instead of again ranting up and down.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Mubz(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Starships4u:
Make we hear word joor' how many nairas have de recovered yet them de talk about prosecuting

U know, the truth is if ur uncle or any,of ur family has stolen money. Be rest assured, he or she will PAY!.. Drink akamu and,calm down.. Don't worry..
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by davisjoe1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teacher: Class, what do we call the government of "I will" by I will and for I will?
Akpos: Aunty! Aunty! Aunty! Aunty!
Teacher: Yes Akpos
Akpos :Willintocracy

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Favparis(f): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
onelife97:
I am a yoruba man so forget abt tribalism and witch hunt
If we don't see OBJ, Tinubu,Fasola,IBB, Abubakar Abdul Salam himself, Bode George,Atiku,et Al then Buhari is just playing games.

Exactly what I was saying........ If Pre Buhari truly wants to win the heart of Nigerians, he has to be neutral in this game cos the world would now be keeping an eye on him.

I never supported him right from Day one but upon reading this news, I think am beginning to like the man and will love him ONLY if the names mentioned above make the list.

Pls include Amaech¤
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Chubhie:
It boggles the mind. They probably thought at death they could use it and bribe their way to paradise.

All the billions,fancy rides and mansions all ends here on earth. I've notice a trend that it is mostly the poor souls who get caught in the craze to acquire and accumulate wealth illegally.

This life is nothing but vanity. Do good and contribute your quota to making the world a better and safer place. Maximum we live is 120 years then we are all but forgotten.

respect....you understand that all is vanity....

2 Likes

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eluwilussit:

But what about his certificate and perjury cases? Abi him don get am automatically, as president? What about his failure to appear before Oputa panel? What about all his hate-filled and inciteful utterances? He may appear to be the right man for the job right now, but I can't come to terms with his past.

Anyway, I am giving him all my support as our president. If he succeeds, Nigeria will be great again. I wish PMB all the best, less talk and more action. grin
Exacly

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Otunbatrafford: 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
The saddest of ironies is that our prisons are congested and full of criminals that stole items like hand sets, tubers of yam, sacks of Garri, goats and sheeps, meanwhile the bigger thieves are roaming and enjoying our looted funds. Please Buhari make sure that non of them go unpunished. They must give account of their nefarious activities.
Abdulsalami, you should ashamed of defending a bunch of looters headed by Jonathan.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by digitsolution: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Interesting times await Nigerians. Let's see how events unfold.........

For all your branding/customization needs

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by ollyruffy: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Buhari. Nigerians are solidly behind you.

Let the party begin.

Nigeria must be great again.

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by POWEROFPEACE(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dharniel:
let the game begin...
. They should be tried and those found guilty should be prosecuted immediately as anything
other than this will make no difference. Nigerians are watching
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by gaby(m): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
Unkl:
President Muhammadu Buhari said Tuesday in Abuja that the prosecution of persons who have stolen national resources will begin in a matter of weeks. President Muhammadu Buhari Wikipedia

Speaking at a meeting with members of the National Peace Committee led by Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar in the Presidential Villa, President Buhari declared that his administration was irrevocably committed to doing all within its powers to break the vicious cycle of corruption, unemployment and insecurity in Nigeria.

"Nigeria has to break this vicious cycle before we can make progress," the President said, adding that his administration was diligently getting facts and figures pertaining to the nation's stolen funds, before proceeding to the prosecution of identified culprits.

President Buhari told General Abdulsalami and members of his committee that the Federal Government, under his leadership, will not only ask for the return of stolen funds that have been stashed in foreign banks, but will also ensure that those who stole the funds are put on trial in Nigeria.

The President also said that as part of its actions to address the national problems it inherited, his administration was reorganising Nigeria's revenue generating institutions.

The President explained that a single treasury account had been established for all Federal revenue to ensure greater probity, transparency and accountability in the collection, disbursement and utilisation of national funds.

"We have really degenerated as a country. Our national institutions, including the military, which did wonderfully on foreign missions in the past, have been compromised. But we are doing something about it. The military is now retraining and morale has been resuscitated.

"As Petroleum Minister under Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo in the 1970s, I could not travel abroad until I had taken a memo to the Federal Executive Council asking for estacode. Now, everybody does what he wants.

"That is why security-wise and economically, we're in trouble," President Buhari told his guests, adding that those who have stolen the national wealth "will be in court in a matter of weeks and Nigerians will know those who have short-changed them."

Gen. Abubakar and members of his committee urged the Federal Government to be guided by the rule of law in its fight against corruption.

Members of the National Peace Committee who accompanied Gen Abubakar on the visit were Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, His Eminence, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar, the Sultan of Sokoto, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and Archbishop Nicholas Okoh, Primate of the Anglican Church of Nigeria.

Others were Justice Rose Ukeje (rtd), Prof Ameze Guobadia, Vanguard Newspaper Publisher, Sam Amuka, Dame Priscilla Kuye, Senator Ben Obi, Dr. Yunusa Tanko, and Dr Arthur-Martin Aginam.

The National Peace Committee, formed before the 2015 general elections, was granted permission by the President to transform to a National Peace Council.

Femi Adesina

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

August 11, 2015

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/11/trial-nigerian-treasury-looters-commence-soon-president-buhari

The president's body language in the group photograph said it all..pretty encouraging I must submit.
The fight wont be all smooth sail with no mistakes but the zeal for a solid foundation in our governance style sure is applause worthy.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by POWEROFPEACE(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
The President should not live any stone untouched as regarding the prosecution of those who stole from the County as all Nigerians are watching, anything
Other than this will be a terrible mistake.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Rick9(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jail await some past and present thieves and criminals

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by 989900: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
How and where can I contribute to Bubu's security?

He is public enemy number one as it is.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
tsdarkside:

bwahahahahahahaha...exactly the answer i awaited...symantics,heyyy........okay,okay,okay.,...i am having fun!!...okay,.next,,,if jesus-christ were black,would you bow down to him??

Sure I would. His colour is irrelevant! As is all skin colour except in the minds of stupid racists!

Why are YOU talking about skin colour when the issue here is a new government trying to do the right thing and recover stolen funds from corrupt officials who have been voted out of power?

Hmmm you would not be trying to deflect the issue would you? I am sure there are many people who would love if we forgot about those crooks!

1 Like

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by lonelydora: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Starships4u:
Make we hear word joor' how many nairas have de recovered yet them de talk about prosecuting

At least Jonathan's aide returned 1.5billion naira on Monday.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by vikyno(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
OK BUBU! When it's the fullness of time, pls let us know. For now, we see all these as useless as Orubebe's stunt.
Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by odogwueast: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
No more corruption

Re: Trial Of Those Who Stole National Resources To Begin Soon – President Buhari by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I think you mean "speaking of". And is it because I hate corruption and theft I am a devil or because I am white?

I think you are revealing your true self! lol

Whitey, cool down abeg!! FIFA was not run by a Nigerian. Everyone hates corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ekiti Community, Kill Two Injure Several / Police Shoot Shia Muslims Protesting With Corpse Of Member Shot By Police(pics) / EFCC Opens New Office In Ilorin, Kwara. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.