Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 (1244 Views)

All-new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / Clunking Sound From Front Legs Of My Car / Meet The Hydrogen Powered Bus From Toyota That Doubles As A Bus As Well As A Gen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by shagalinku4life: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
Please,gurus in the house, your solution to this problem is highly solicited. My toyota Rav4 2001 4 cylinder 4 wheel drive makes this persistent kpom sound each time it is being driven.The sound is not heard when the car is in high motion but when it slows down it is heard as frequent as every minute.The sound seems to be coming from the back tyres but a check on the tyres shows it is not from the tyres.
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by cardoctor(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
What is KPOM?

1 Like

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by Stylz69(m): 5:49am On Aug 12, 2015
KPOM stands for Knock Position Override Mechanism. When the KPOM sensor goes bad, you begin to hear funny noises like Kpom..this is different from the kikiki and kakaka sensors and not to be confused with the grrr sensor.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2015
Stylz69:
KPOM stands for Knock Position Override Mechanism. When the KPOM sensor goes bad, you begin to hear funny noises like Kpom..this is different from the kikiki and kakaka sensors and not to be confused with the grrr sensor.

Correct.... grin wikipedia straight

1 Like

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Aug 12, 2015
shagalinku4life:
Please,gurus in the house, your solution to this problem is highly solicited. My toyota Rav4 2001 4 cylinder 4 wheel drive makes this persistent kpom sound each time it is being driven.The sound is not heard when the car is in high motion but when it slows down it is heard as frequent as every minute.The sound seems to be coming from the back tyres but a check on the tyres shows it is not from the tyres.

It could be anything from strauts to sway bar links to bushings, to a loose bolt or exhaust touching the body.

If in lagos come for free diagnosis.

(expires 6pm today.)
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2015
Instead of leaving what "Kpom" sounds like to the imagination of readers, why not simply make a short video or audio clip, and posting it here?

You're just being lazy.

1 Like

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by kingreign(m): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Stylz69:

lwkm na wa for you o... cheesy

OP, the 'KPOM' sound might be your rear differential and/or its bushing. Check those areas.
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by lonelydora: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Stylz69:

Bros abeg my colleagues are looking at me as I'm laughing.
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Stylz69:

thats what happens when you buy adulterated fuel for your car.
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by Denn(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
So many kpom solutions already....

Just burnt off today's accumulation of stress with a kpom infused laughter.

Op...please take gazzuzz's offer of a check lest the kpom turns to a kpum

1 Like

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by cardoctor(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Stylz69:

Well explained although the op states that the sound seems to be coming from the rear and I know that Rav 4's come with front engines.

Are the KPOM sensors fitted to the rear tyres?
Could you also explain what kikiki, kakaka and grrr sensors do and where they are found on a car.

Grrrrr.......

Cardoctor
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by bravolad(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
shagalinku4life:

I almost fell off my seat while laughing at the above. Well, Nigerian English...op could be forgiven because you almost always require a Nairaland translator to understand most of the posts.

Kpom...hilarious! Isn't it?
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
There's also kpokom!!! grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by Piyke: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
I have tears all over my eyes due to the all the comic responses here grin grin
But those suspension sounds can be annoying...
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by edoyad(m): 1:29am On Aug 13, 2015
Stylz69:

grin grin
Stop lying, kpom denotes a woman of easy virtue as in, "that girl na kpom"
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by chucky234(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2015
KPOM ?
Hmmm sound more like an Ijaw farm tool, the sound might be related to an ancient car used by Jaja of Opobo.

1 Like

Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by gidjah(m): 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hahahahah!kpom koom kpom...kpum kpum kpum.which do u prefer bro?hahahah.lol
Denn:
So many kpom solutions already....

Just burnt off today's accumulation of stress with a kpom infused laughter.

Op...please take gazzuzz's offer of a check lest the kpom turns to a kpum
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by gidjah(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Pls gerraway to d jokes section o,b4 i kpom u sir.haahaha.lol
edoyad:
grin grin
:DPls gerraway to d jokes section o,b4 i kpom u sir.haahaha.lol
edoyad:
grin grin
Re: Persistent KPOM Sound From Toyota Rav4 2001 by sultaan(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
Front page material grin grin grin

So is the kpom related to how fast you are driving or how smooth the road is?

do you hear it when you step on brakes or when you step on throttle.

when going straight or turning, every minute driving slow is not related to any moving part

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Note: Electrified Cars And Electric Cars Are Different! / Pure Water Instead Of Coolant - Yay Or Nay? / JaguarĀ i-pace Wins 2019 World Car Of The Year Award At New York Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.