Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (78276 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / BVN: Frequently Ask Question / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by qimpex: 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
I beg make una patronize this lawyer. I have gone through the hustle of coy regn and I know wht it takes. The best gift we can give back to guys like this is to help them propser, who knows he might be Gani in the making.

1 Like

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
@lawyer do you have any tips for income and VAT registration with FIRS. i went to their large office in Ikoyi only for some very important officer to tell me i need N200k+ before he will consider my application. my heart sunk.i doubt i have made up to N1k with the business.

Please advise me, what can i do and how can i get it done. i have downloaded the forms from their site.

Thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by yvy1(f): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
bump
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Wallie(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
@Lawyer

Can you please tell me the entities that are the same or equivalent to the American entities listed below? Also, do you think the chance of getting a registration through is greater with attaching an Articles of Organization (akin to a certificate) of an American company? I have a few registered Limited Liability Companies here in the US and I would like to register them under the same company names due to the names being website addresses.

1. Corp., Inc. (Corporation, Incorporated): used to denote corporations (public or otherwise).

2. General partnership is a partnership in which all the partners are jointly liable for the debts of the partnership. It is typically created by agreement rather than being created by a public filing.

3. LLC, LC, Ltd. Co. (limited liability company): a form of business whose owners enjoy limited liability, but which is not a corporation. It is a hybrid business entity having certain characteristics of both a corporation and a partnership or sole proprietorship (depending on how many owners there are). The primary characteristic an LLC shares with a corporation is limited liability, and the primary characteristic it shares with a partnership is the availability of pass-through income taxation.

4. LLP (limited liability partnership): a partnership where a partner's liability for the debts of the partnership is limited except in the case of liability for acts of professional negligence or malpractice. This is often the only form of limited partnership allowed for law firms (as opposed to general partnerships).

5. LP (limited partnership): a partnership where at least one partner has unlimited liability and one or more partners have limited liability

6. Sole proprietorship

Thanks in advance!

Wallie
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by jave005: 8:39am On Jan 26, 2010
http://allsolutionsnetwork.com/VE/VE39354/ for all you solution on the internet.

Where are all those guru that always charge money to give out information. This will spoil you
business. Click http://allsolutionsnetwork.com/VE/VE39354/ and get every internet
solution your will ever need.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by gajidele: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
I love the information provided here - excellent work.

Is there a website (either controlled by the government or not) where one can check the names of registered companies in Nigeria?

Perhaps this will help in choosing company names to avoid delays and help if one want to verify that one is dealing with a company that was actually registered,

Many thanks.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lucaya: 1:39am On Feb 14, 2010
Hope you can answer this"How to get someone in Nigeria to provide a good travel agencies or someone that can facilitate a travel visa to visit The Bahamas? I am here in The Bahamas, and want to invite my Nigerian Friend here,why is there NO REAL SERVICES out of Nigeria, is that only a place or a Country?Do they have some descent ordinary services? It is very frustrating, and honestly sickening to know that there is no reliable people or services there.My God, is it really BAD THERE is it like Haiti next door to the Bahamas,DESOLATE,NO GOVERNMENT,INDUCE ANARCHY,A PLACE,AN ALL OUT DISASTER ZONE? Please tell me Nigeria is not a home for almost 150,000,000 (million) Prisoners? Mama African a descendant of your lifeline is calling out for relief, email me at lucaya1@gmail.com for relief, Thanks alot,Blessings,
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by BluStreak(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2010
@Lucaya, try Vickmitchy Travels & Tours Ltd. Their website address is www.vickmitchy.com
I have tried them and they are reliable.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by companyregistration: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
get a business name without a lawyer and within 21days for just n*****
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by enurayce: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2010
thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Hoteph(m): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
@lawyer

Bar. Mattew why is ma stuff taking so long pls revert to me asap

Am Patrick
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by NatGas(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
Good post lawyer.This post is truly a blessing to this community.
I would love to a personal meeting with you.here is ma Yahoo ID
strictly4babz
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2010
@hotep

I have sent you a private message explaining the intricacies why it is being delayed! Its just sheer bureaucracy from the CAC wasting time to produce the certificate and nothing more. Your job from me has been done in record time but nobody can do anything else until the CAC produces the certificate and how they waste people's time is left for only God to judge them!

Like i said, the moment it is out, you will be alerted. At this stage its to excercise patience because getting angry because of the delay won't solve anything and won't disturb any of those bureaucrats except i continue to pile pressure on them to deliever it up!

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Hoteph(m): 3:24am On Mar 13, 2010
Hmmm!!!!!! l see,
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by wiseandpro: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2010
What is the least amount you can use to register a company's name?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by jpworld(m): 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
Alright Mr lawyer email me @ ugocokeke@yahoo.com, I want to register a company in Nigeria.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 1:02am On Mar 22, 2010
well i think its ok if you dont go all easy n decietful by presenting a lecture, the perfect bait. embarassed
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 1:24am On Mar 22, 2010
watch out for A-Z on registration of an NGO,BIZ NAME ETC, INCLUDING COST OF FILING CAC DOCUMENTS, A-Z.CALL ME ON 08050710456
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2010
Quite a while here but let me clarify some new changes at the CAC:

1. People call me these days to register companies at ridiculous rates claiming they spoke with someone and they offered them less. Please this is not a bargaining tool and i will honestly prefer you to use the person who gave you a cheaper rate. You cannot compare quality and Intergrity. Personally i have registered over a 100 companies for Nairalanders in the last 2 years and you will not hear of one complain of fraud by me or lack of competence. The only grumble i hear is that it is taking too long and that is everybody's nightmare. I do my job dutifully and steadily. No mago mago and if i tell you this is my fees, i have evaluated everything before i talk and will not do it to improverish myself and will not do it to milk you.

The CAC has its fixed fee and any thing i collect from NL as an extra sum for my mobilization is super chicken feed because i want to help. Unknown to most of you, i dont break even at all if i count all the times i go to the CAC to go and check whether the names has come out 3 times a week for almost a month and i dont get any favourable report from them. That enough sucks the mobilzation or legal fees talkless of the verification process. It is now a very huge cumbersome and dis organized process and that is why lawyers are milking and leving clients heavily because they are passing the price and burden from the CAC to you the client now. The charity days are gradually eroding

2. The registration fees in certain types of companies to be registered have increased, so bear that in mind
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
3. The CAC is now seriously brutal in terms of registering all manner of companies these days. In fact they are asking for all sorts of certificates of proficiency or licence from registered bodies before you can do that kind of business. For example, last week they introduced a new law that before you can register a hotel or motel or tarvan or simple bed and breakfast or inn, you must get a licence from the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation and it costs N40,000 to just get that license, whereas, anybody could register a hotel or plan to do one without any certificate undecided

Also to become a real estate agent, you need a license from Redan, to do any computer related or IT related business you need a BSC in computing or Engineering. undecided

In short before you register anything now, someone has to know precisely what he can register because its so bad now if you end up filling the object of the company with things you can't do and submit it for registeration and the CAC finds out that out of the 100 things you want to do, you dont have the license or certificate to do just 1 out of the 100, it will be rejected and you cannot use TIPEX to erase it. They cancel it totally and force you to repay new fees to do it all again. In short operation Zero Tolerance. Its now a boot camp and Lawyers have to be on their toes to avoid this malfeasance spreading to the client in terms of the fees. Very soon people wont be able to register companies without any licensing or certificates at the rate they are going. So i hope you now know why the fees have changed drastically and why it takes a much longer time for the certificates to come out?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2010
Finally the search and availabilty is no longer free and its is more complicated and time wasting is unimaginable. It could take up to 4 weeks before your name is out and when it finally comes out and they reject it, it takes another 4 weeks. Imagine the stress they give me and People would be screaming on my neck why the name isnt out as if i am the cause not taking into consideration the number of times i go there in a week and month just to check one name whether it is out.

There is now an alternative though to making the name come out in time within a week. It is the Nigerian Factor and i hope you underdstand. I have been able to break into the "Cabal" and for you to get it out quickly, you need to pay their price and if you dont like it, you can wait for the next 1 month just like every normal person and it doesnt come cheap. And because of the quickness and speed of releasing the name, the company can be registered in less than a month or one month precisely because the real bottleneck of the name check has been eliminated.

Do the maths of everything, collate your certificates, check your licenses and go and procure the ones you need, triple check the names you want and make sure they are unique and after that, call me and we are in business unless i won't answer you.I am now super expereinced enough to know which company will scale through and which ones would not and how difficult it will be. Company registration is no longer a do or die thing for me anymore. I only do it because i want to help and not because of the money because i am not gaining anything and the stress coming from that CAC is enough to lead a person to his grave.

Cheers and happy Company Registration
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by eros(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2010
[b]First of all, let me say a very big thank you for the wonderful and selfless information you have provided for Nairalanders these past years. God Almighty will enlarge your cost mightily and the earth will always yield great produce for you and yours all the days of your life. I have painstakingly read all your posts and questions asked to ensure i wasn't repeating a question that you have already answered, before deciding to post my questions.

I am a rookie auto sales person and i want to register my company, but the problem is i intend to delve into other business in the near future as my capital base increases. My question is can i register a company name that will cover my auto sales business, car wash centre, car service and diagnostics centre, video club rental and God willing oil and gas (My last bus-stop)?

With all the trouble and delay in registering a company, i want to register my company with them once and for all and be done with it. So, what do you advise, so that we can proceed with the registration immediately. Thank you for your time.

emee30384@yahoo.com
[/b]
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by bizname: 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2010
thanks and thanks again
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
eros:

[b]First of all, let me say a very big thank you for the wonderful and selfless information you have provided for Nairalanders these past years. God Almighty will enlarge your cost mightily and the earth will always yield great produce for you and yours all the days of your life. I have painstakingly read all your posts and questions asked to ensure i wasn't repeating a question that you have already answered, before deciding to post my questions.

I am a rookie auto sales person and i want to register my company, but the problem is i intend to delve into other business in the near future as my capital base increases. My question is can i register a company name that will cover my auto sales business, car wash centre, car service and diagnostics centre, video club rental and God willing oil and gas (My last bus-stop)?

With all the trouble and delay in registering a company, i want to register my company with them once and for all and be done with it. So, what do you advise, so that we can proceed with the registration immediately. Thank you for your time.

emee30384@yahoo.com
[/b]

Yes Eros you can register everything you wrote above and you dont need a certificate of proficiency

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by eros(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
lawyer:

Yes Eros you can register everything you wrote above and you dont need a certificate of proficiency

Cheers

Can we proceed with the registration process? I guess we can do it in camera. Please send me all the required details and information i need to provide you like your charge, fees to be paid, documents to be provided and other necessary information. My email is emee30384@yahoo.com.

Also send me your office address and let me know when i can meet you in the office. I will make out time sometime next week to come down to your office. Thank you for your help and time.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2010
well @lawyer is very right.things have become alot more bottlenecked at the commission.had a client who mutilated her co7 (directors form) and didnt want to change it even though i noted it to her that this document wont sail through, this is because the commission says no to tipexing documents.well, i spent my hard earned money to do the necessary change and her certificate has been scanned, RC No.given and dispatched.well, that cost me an extra one week minus the 2 weeks i usually guarantee for company registrations, lets say availability takes one day, stampduty 2days, verification/assesment 1 day and the certificate in one week.tops 2 weeks minus client insistence on a non-performable or registrable name.lol
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by selade(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2010
Lawyer,

Many thanks for your efforts.

Quick question: Is it possible to register a holding company that will have different interests (subsidiaries). Example: Web design, Tourism, Sales of IT gadgets

And please send me your email address. I need your services.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Fogman(m): 6:43am On Apr 25, 2010
Hi Lawyer, thanks for your selfless services. I wanted to register a sports management coy, the availability is out and submited the required docs for registration, but was ask to go get a letter from a sports organisation. Please advice on what to do and approriate authority i can get this letter from. Thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by mobility: 5:27pm On May 05, 2010
you can call this number for your coy registration 08033986981

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Bill Gates Daughter, Phoebe, In Interracial Relationship With Robert Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.