Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:49 PM

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (78035 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / BVN: Frequently Ask Question / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2010
Dhotseal:

@Poster,I think u r doing a gr8 job but i have to point out that you were wrong to say that a person under 18 yrs can be a director in a company provided at least 2 other adults are also directors.
You seem to confuse directors with subscribers to the memo & articles of association.

Setion 257 of CAMA is explicit as to those who cannot become directors.
I think you are misinterpreting the provisions of Section 20 of CAMA. Section 20 has nothing to do with directors.It deals with the subscribers to the Memo & Articles.Hence,while your answer would be correct with respect to subscribers to d MEMART, it wld be wrong to extend it to directors. D4 a person under 18 cannot be a director in a company, period.Thanks.

The errors have already been pointed out in the first page and it has been re adjusted to reflect it a long time ago. Please read all the pages before posting.

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by jimgirl(f): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2010
you can call me on 07029195208 or send me an email at jimofune@yahoo.com for your trademarks and NAFDAC registrations. Quality and Integrity are my guiding principles.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Ojay27(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
This thread is very informative, thanks for this information.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by frankcj(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2010
Lawyer,
I;m intending to involve in oil and gas business supply business.
do i need lincense to get registered as supplier or go ahead do the registration.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
frankcj:

Lawyer,
I;m intending to involve in oil and gas business supply business.
do i need lincense to get registered as supplier or go ahead do the registration.

@ you need to clarify what you mean by oil & gas business. The field is well regulated. If you are talking of running or owing an oil outlet station otherwise known as filling station you would be required to obtain licence from the DPR. If you will also have dealing as an oil & gas coy or oil & gas service coy you will also need to register with DPR, that would depend on your categorization. If however, all you want to do is hire trucks, lift fuel and deliver to the end users then you only need registration as coy with CAC. The DPR guys in the house will throw more Candle (there is power outage).

Best Regards.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by afribuildr(m): 4:15am On Dec 24, 2010
This is the first time I got what I can call an information. Thanks Mr. Lawyer!
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by dexed(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
Are there any regulations for online bussiness in Nigeria?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by surveycash(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
Sir, what does it take to register an old set of secondary school leavers? We left secondary school 8yrs ago and we are trying to organise a reunion. The bank will not give us a corporate account without corporate registration with CAC. What do we register with CAC? Club? Association or group, We intend to call ourselves LATMOS 02 Reunion (for now, though we may change it in the future)
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 12:49am On Jan 03, 2011
surveycash:

Sir, what does it take to register an old set of secondary school leavers? We left secondary school 8yrs ago and we are trying to organise a reunion. The bank will not give us a corporate account without corporate registration with CAC. What do we register with CAC? Club? Association or group, We intend to call ourselves LATMOS 02 Reunion (for now, though we may change it in the future)

You register an Incorporated Trustee also known locally as an NGO. It will accomodate all your plans. Rotary Club, Jaycee Clubs, Old Boys reunion associations are all examples of Incorporated Trustees

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
lawyer:

You register an Incorporated Trustee also known locally as an NGO. It will accomodate all your plans. Rotary Club, Jaycee Clubs, Old Boys reunion associations are all examples of Incorporated Trustees

Cheers

I think you should let the the public know also that a Company Limited by Guarantee (LTD/GTE) can be used as NGO.
Best regards.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by romc2800: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2011
GREAT INFO. IT WORTH PAYING 4. THANKS. JUST KEEP IT UP. MAY GOD HELP YOU TOO. REMAIN BLESSED.
ROMC. kiss
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by surveycash(m): 1:43am On Jan 06, 2011
lawyer:

Cheers

Thank you Lawyer, May God increase you in all ramifications, Amin
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2011
dexed:

Are there any regulations for online bussiness in Nigeria?

Sir, my answer to your question would be a capital letter NO. You will notice I said 'my answer' because the position I hold could have changed. You will agree with me it is challenging keeping pace with Legislation in Nigeria.  You only hear of ACT passed into law or Regulations made through the MEDIA. Sometimes, you go to the Federal Government Printers and you might not get printed copy of a recently passed ACT (for example, I have been looking to buy a copy of the recently passed Local Content ACT for four months- PLEASE IF YOU HAVE COPY I DON'T MIND). Now, before posting this comment, I tried calling a colleague of mine (a Lawyer), who works as a Legislative Assistant at the National Assembly but I could not get through. What I could lay my hands on are these:

"(HB. 69) ELECTRONIC MESSAGES, INFORMATION AND COMMERCE AND ITS ADMISSIBILITY IN EVIDENCE
Sponsor(s): Hon. Jerry Ugokwe and 70 others
1st Reading: 2/3/2004
2nd Reading:
Committee(s) or Date of Referal:
Date of reported out of committee
3rd Reading & Passage:
Conference Report:
Remark: Awaiting Second Reading

HB. 154 CYBER SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION AGENCY (ESTABLISHMENT ETC) BILL,
Sponsor(s): Hon. Etim Bassey
1st Reading: 15/1/2009
2nd Reading:
Committee(s) or Date of Referal:
Date of reported out of committee
3rd Reading & Passage:
Conference Report:
Remark: Awaiting Second Reading"

from this site : http://www.nassnig.org/nass/billspro.php?pageNum_bill=7&totalRows_bill=189

Now, I know that NITDA and some Federal Government Agencies as well as some ICT folks & legal luminary put together a Cyber Crime Bill in 2004. Even if the foregoing Bill has been passed, it only regulates or seeks to prevent online business crime in Nigeria and not neccesarily regulate online busnesses. The only option open to us is to bring an action for breach of online transactions as if they were contracted offline (i.e our traditional principles of contract). However, there is a danger in this option, our Evidence ACT which I learnt is currently being  amended does not make provisions for the admissibility of electronic generated evidence not to talk of attaching weight to such evidence. Apart from the amendment to the said Evidence ACT, the first Bill mentioned above when passed would go along way in assisting online businesses in Nigeria. Pending the time all these Bills would be passed you have to watch your back while you do online businesses in Nigeria.

Among other Legislations, I know the US and UK have the E-Sign Act and the Electronic Commerce Act respectively. It would therefore be nice to see us (Nigeria) take a cue from the US, UK and other developed countries.

I suggest you take a step towards achieving this feat.

Best regards.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by gateway21: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
oh yeah, this tread is wat paying for, thanks to all those who helps with usefull info
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I present to you an investment opportunity with a very high Return
On Investment (ROI).

COLUMELLA NIGERIA COMPANY is a specialized Haulage services Company
formed to carry
out transport requirement to a specialized market throughout Nigeria
and West Africa.

COLUMELLA NIGERIA is well positioned and committed to offer
qualitative Haulage and Logistics services. We take pride in our
excellent human and material resources as well as technology-driven
expertise, which enable us to deliver customized service as well as
simplified logistics solutions

OUR PLAN

In accordance to the recent increase in demand of our numerous clients and
the poor conditions of some vehicles in our fleet, we are currently planning
to acquire vehicles and expand our services to meet the demand and
expectation of our numerous customers to the highest degree. In this view, we
seek investors to add/purchase the following vehicles with their respective
prices to our existing resources:

(A COMPLETE BUSINESS PLAN WOULD BE SENT TO YOU ONCE YOU MAIL US BACK
INFORMING YOU MORE ON HOW TO INVEST AND ABOUT THE COMPANY)

This investment could be done either by shipping your trucks or in cash.
you dont have to sell your truck instead you should invest it with us

We invest in market research and product development to continually improve
the service and procure follow-on vehicles. Follow-on will be
introduced into the
demanding markets before existing vehicles enter the declining stage of their
life cycles.

WHY YOU MUST INVEST WITH US

Looking at the high returns on the business, you cannot but invest to earn as
much as 50 -60% annually.

Secondly, it is a kind of business that cannot be overtaken by the
occurrence of
time, as there must be production, consumption, importation and exportation;
then there shall always be transportation.

Thirdly, the burden of managing your portfolio is lifted up from your
shoulder;
while you rest, we do our best to give you the edge by:
1. Paying the driver and motor boy salary
2. Fuelling the vehicle
3. Renewing the vehicle documents when due
4. Maintaining and servicing the vehicle regularly

Within the span of one and half year at most, your investment is
realized, while
your capital is still intact.

SUMMARY
Please do contact us for more information and we would be glad to do
business with you.

visit our site for more information

call us on:

+2348029716876

www.columella.fewom.org

columellanigeria@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Williams Okebugwu I.

MD/CEO
Columella Nigeria Company
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by wiresnetbiz(m): 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2011
This will come in handy for people interested in getting their business name registered. You can actually do it yourself by going to the CAC office yourself. I know of an office they have in Yaba. I did what I needed to do to get my own business name without giving anybody to do it for me for a fee. However, if you need to do Company registration, you need a lawyer.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by EMSA(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2011
Kindly help me on how to go about my concerns:
1-I have a registered business (an enterprise). And I am thinking of adding other services like laundry & dry cleaning biz, Fumigation services and general sales (cars, bus, household equipments and others).
What would you suggest or rather advise?? My email address is
badeji01@yahoo.com
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by surveycash(m): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2011

Good morning Lawyer,

You are doing a great job here.

Please, I want to submit a corporate proposal to some companies about an idea and I am scared they may circumvent/steal it. So, I want to patent it before going there.

Sir, how do I go about patenting an idea?
What is the financial implication?

Thank you for the response in advance.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Gifo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Lawyer.
Nice effort; big up!

I need to register a hotel as soon as possible. Please are there any things to consider for this to happen? Thanks.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Angolobabe(f): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2011
@Lawyer.

I need to register a company ,can i use my oversea address in the registration since i dont live in Nigeria? i sent you an email but didnt get any reply,please do check and give me a feedback including cost for registration and your service.

Thanks.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
Angolobabe:

@Lawyer.

I need to register a company ,can i use my oversea address in the registration since i dont live in Nigeria? i sent you an email but didnt get any reply,please do check and give me a feedback including cost for registration and your service.

Thanks.

@ poster while you are awaiting lawyer's reply, in practice and for the purpose of registration you will be required to give a Nigerian address. Your company too should have a Nigerian registered address. If you insist on having your overseas address, you must have a Nigerian with Nigerian address on Board. Once you have foreign address, you will be termed a foreigner. You may not find any provision as regards this in CAMA but to avoid KIV in CAC and unreasonable embarrassment to your lawyer I suggest the above.

Best regards.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by kay2000(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2011
this is very informative. i bought a manual in lagos containing registration procedure, but it was all crap. thanks for this information. you are great. cool
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Araboy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2011
Hey fellow Nigerians what papers work or licence I need to operate a furniture business in Lagos or Abuja considering I am not Nigerian any info will be helpful
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
Araboy:

Hey fellow Nigerians what papers work  or licence I need  to operate a furniture business in Lagos or Abuja considering I am not Nigerian any info will be helpful 

@ Poster,

The first step is to register a company to take off. You will need a Nigerian on your board to make things easy.
You will need business permit as a foreigner running business in Nigeria.
You will also need expatriate quota for as many foreigners that would be working with you.
You will need a property for workshop or showroom
If you will have a factory, you will need to register your factory.

These are the basic things you need. The rest you will learn in the system.

Best regards.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Eben2: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
@lawyer,

We spoke recently, i need your email ad. so i can get my information accros to you.

Thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2011
you can get me on either barrister_matto@yahoo.com or nairalandlawyer@yahoo.com

Cheers

Have a wonderful day
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2011
lawyer:

you can get me on either barrister_matto@yahoo.com or nairalandlawyer@yahoo.com

Cheers

Have a wonderful day

Appreciate your last admin message. We could hook up and share knowledge one of these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.