Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” (29372 Views)

I Have Moved On' - Dino Melaye Tells Remi Tinubu / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2015
The Majority of Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has replied the governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, over his admission that he worked for the emergence of the current Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, against his bid for the office.

Messrs Dogara and Gbajabiamila jostled for the position of Speaker of the 8th Assembly, which the former won despite stiff opposition from the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the party’s power brokers.

Mr. Tambuwal, who is the immediate past Speaker, said on Sunday that although he had strong affinity with Mr. Gbajabiamila, he, alongside seven other principal officers of the last Assembly, opted for Mr. Dogara.

Mr. Gbajabiamila’s response was contained in a short message to our correspondent after his reaction was sought.
“Alhaji Tambuwal has spoken,” he said. “For me I have moved on and I can only wish him the best in his future undertakings. I guess Alhaji Tambuwal has finally spoken.”

Many had expected Mr. Tambuwal to support Mr. Gbajabiamila’s bid given the Lagos lawmaker’s role in his emergence as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. But ironically, he supported Mr. Dogara who opposed his ambition to become Speaker in 2011.

Representative Aliyu Madaki, a staunch supporter of Mr. Gbajabiamila, said it was surprising that Mr. Tambuwal could publicly oppose the Lagos lawmaker.

Mr. Tambuwal had spoken about his role in the emergence of Mr. Dogara when leaders of Sayawa Community of Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa Local Government Areas of Bauchi State paid him a “thank you” visit to show appreciation to him for supporting their kinsman to become speaker.

He had said, “The survival of the legislature as an important arm of government made it imperative that competent hands are headhunted to be its leaders.

“Eight out of ten members of the Body of Principal Officers in the last Assembly supported Dogara’s aspiration,” he said. “Only Hon Femi (Gbajabiamila) and Hon Datti Ahmad supported Femi.

“I have strong affinity with Hon Femi. He was closer to me than Dogara. But when talking about leadership and collective decisions, sentiments have to be put aside. I’m not here to tell you that my support made Dogara the Speaker, no. Two things made Dogara to become the Speaker, one is God and two, Dogara’s competence.”

He continued, “The acknowledgement of Dogara’s competence did not start with me. It started from the time of Hon Patricia and Etteh and Hon Dimeji Bankole when they entrusted him with a sensitive position of the Chairman of House Services Committee.

“The committee is one of the most sensitive in the legislature. Apart from taking care of the welfare of members, the committee oversees all procurement processes. As the Speaker, I only did what my predecessors did by giving Dogara this sensitive position.

“No person, as far as I know, has ever served as chairman of the House Services committee in two dispensations. Dogara broke that jinx. All through my tenure, I brought Dogara close to me because I found in him a person who is competent, accommodating, and with capacity to lead.
“Anyone doubting Dogara’s ability to lead, should ask members of the 7th Assembly how he handled their matter. So we supported Dogara not for any reason but because he was competent to deliver on any task given to him.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/188234-gbajabiamila-replies-tambuwal-says-ive-moved-on.html

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Paschal001: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2015
. So Gbaja is not competent... Mtchew... .. Nigerian Politicians changing sides since 1800.

Yes.... . Here I am finally as the FTC.... Choi, e dey sweet me die.....

Chai, I feel so much like Ladyf n INTROVERT.....

Joblessness na bastard.... .
I dedicate this FTC to a those going to to write KPMG aptitude test on Saturday,and to those Jobless Nairalanders like me that wrote Zenith bank aptitude test yesterday. May we be called soon, so that I would leave this struggle for new peeps like Mbkite. .....

P4pasky

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2015
You still dey behind me... duh

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Abugab(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2015
No move, stay dey fight for house leadership instead of legislating.
Tambuwa's statement has some truth as Dogara has really shown a high level of leadership acumen.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2015
Gbajawhatever is an incompetent buffon-Fulani over lord Tambuwal

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Cope1(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2015
The betrayed betrayer

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by doublewisdom: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Like a slave, Gbajabiamila has humbly accepted the "Incompetence" tag from Alhaji Tambuwal and has moved on.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by dayo23(f): 9:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Zedddd:
The Majority of Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has replied the governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, over his admission that he worked for the emergence of the current Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, against his bid for the office.
Messrs Dogara and Gbajabiamila jostled for the position of Speaker of the 8th Assembly, which the former won despite stiff opposition from the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the party’s power brokers.
Mr. Tambuwal, who is the immediate past Speaker, said on Sunday that although he had strong affinity with Mr. Gbajabiamila, he, alongside seven other principal officers of the last Assembly, opted for Mr. Dogara.
Mr. Gbajabiamila’s response was contained in a short message to our correspondent after his reaction was sought.
“Alhaji Tambuwal has spoken,” he said. “For me I have moved on and I can only wish him the best in his future undertakings. I guess Alhaji Tambuwal has finally spoken.”
Many had expected Mr. Tambuwal to support Mr. Gbajabiamila’s bid given the Lagos lawmaker’s role in his emergence as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. But ironically, he supported Mr. Dogara who opposed his ambition to become Speaker in 2011.
Representative Aliyu Madaki, a staunch supporter of Mr. Gbajabiamila, said it was surprising that Mr. Tambuwal could publicly oppose the Lagos lawmaker.
Mr. Tambuwal had spoken about his role in the emergence of Mr. Dogara when leaders of Sayawa Community of Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa Local Government Areas of Bauchi State paid him a “thank you” visit to show appreciation to him for supporting their kinsman to become speaker.
He had said, “The survival of the legislature as an important arm of government made it imperative that competent hands are headhunted to be its leaders.
“Eight out of ten members of the Body of Principal Officers in the last Assembly supported Dogara’s aspiration,” he said. “Only Hon Femi (Gbajabiamila) and Hon Datti Ahmad supported Femi.
“I have strong affinity with Hon Femi. He was closer to me than Dogara. But when talking about leadership and collective decisions, sentiments have to be put aside. I’m not here to tell you that my support made Dogara the Speaker, no. Two things made Dogara to become the Speaker, one is God and two, Dogara’s competence.”
He continued, “The acknowledgement of Dogara’s competence did not start with me. It started from the time of Hon Patricia and Etteh and Hon Dimeji Bankole when they entrusted him with a sensitive position of the Chairman of House Services Committee.
“The committee is one of the most sensitive in the legislature. Apart from taking care of the welfare of members, the committee oversees all procurement processes. As the Speaker, I only did what my predecessors did by giving Dogara this sensitive position.
“No person, as far as I know, has ever served as chairman of the House Services committee in two dispensations. Dogara broke that jinx. All through my tenure, I brought Dogara close to me because I found in him a person who is competent, accommodating, and with capacity to lead.
“Anyone doubting Dogara’s ability to lead, should ask members of the 7th Assembly how he handled their matter. So we supported Dogara not for any reason but because he was competent to deliver on any task given to him.”
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/188234-gbajabiamila-replies-tambuwal-says-ive-moved-on.html
@The bolded : Simple, well articulated, and very Mature response from Hon. Gbajabiamila

#Respect

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by sammyj: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Good response from Gbaja. However, Tambuwa should know that what goes around comes around !!! cool

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by alex81(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Day11(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2015
Brilliant!

Much Respect for Gbaja for his response.

#Clapping cheesy

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2015
I have always Respected his royal highness, sorry his Excellency Aminu Tambuwal!! That young man has a knack for Leadership!!! He tends to be on the side of True leadership no matter the Circumstance!

If God tarries, Tambuwal, Ribadu and Elrufai are the northerners that could lead Nigeria some day.

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by dayo23(f): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2015
Day11:
Brilliant!

Much Respect for Gbaja for his response.

#Clapping cheesy

avoid hitting up the polity, very few Honourable would have responded that way, Gbajabiamila is class

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2015
U had no choice than to move on... U lost!!! so u must move on.... stop painting words...

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Hope15: 9:59am On Aug 12, 2015
Give it to Gbaja.......matured response.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Day11(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2015
dayo23:
very few Honourable would have responded that way, Gbajabiamila is class

Very right.

Should I say Gbaja is the Man who represent Christ on earth angry

I'm moved by his word- “Alhaji Tambuwal has spoken,”For me I have moved on and I can only wish him the best in his future undertakings.

Alhaji Tambuwal, fi oju olore gugi.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by zimoni(f): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2015

Concise, No Long Story.

Better.

He'd learnt his lesson in a bitter way and had MOVED ON.

So, "Alhaji Tambuwal" should let sleeping dog lie now.

E Shey Pupo, E Wa Ma A Lo.

Adupo Lowo Yin Fun Abosi Ati Rikisi Yin, Oju Atun Rari.

Odi'gba Kan Na.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by sweatlana: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Lol this is very intresting.

I'm happy to see the yorubas having a taste of their own pie! grin

They will always be slaves to the north.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Skypelogger: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Gbam
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by kennyman2000(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2015
He gat to move on.. He's got no choice.

Thats how we the citizens too have been moving on after when u guys have disappointed us so many times..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by qualityovenbake(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2015
Hope he has learnt his lesson. Keep your friend close, your enemy closer. If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will
not be imperilled in a hundred battles. if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be
imperilled in every single battle.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by Mogidi: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
“I have strong affinity with Hon Femi. He was closer to me than Dogara. But when talking about leadership and collective decisions, sentiments have to be put aside.

Closer to Femi but preferred Dogara, fear North.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by jammani(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
O
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by bjcuntis(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
K
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by fashoo2010(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2015
He better move on... He was celebrating then when he and his cohort deny His own sister d speakership position and support a northerner, Northerner nw turn their back at u... Mukaila suppose be speaker, she ended up being ML, Gbaja also suppose be speaker, He ended up being ML... Blood is thicker than water...never betray ur sister/ brother..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” by dayo23(f): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2015
Day11:

Very right.

Should I say Gbaja is the Man who represent Christ on earth angry

I'm moved by his word- “Alhaji Tambuwal has spoken,” he said. “For me I have moved on and I can only wish him the best in his future undertakings.

Alhaji Tambuwal, fi oju olore gugi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest Three Persons With Card Readers In Lagos / Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn / Campaign Council List: Is It End Of The Road Between Tinubu, Osinbajo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.