Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute (33889 Views)

Fayose, Femi Fani-Kayode, Mimiko, Gbenga Daniel, Ooni At Yoruba Summit In Ibadan / Gbenga Daniel Playing Piano In Church (Photo) / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Donclaracuzo: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
"May be, OBJ was right after all when he referred to Wole Soyinka as more of a wine connoseur rather a politician. We must however pray that the law of diminishing returns do not sometimes catch up with some of our elder statemen "- Gbenga Daniel.

The former governor of Ogun state, Otunba Gbenga Daniel has responded to the allegation of Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka that he (Daniel) closed down the state House of Assembly for almost one year with the aid of the police.
Otunba Daniel said the comment of Soyinka against him was prejudicing and belittle the repute of the Africa’s first Nobel Prize winner for literature.

Daniel replies Soyinka- Your comments betraySoyinka during an interview with Zero Tolerance magazine, a publication of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, berated former president Goodluck Jonathan for appointing Daniel as a campaign manager.

“What about somebody like Gbenga Daniel who closed down a legislature for almost a year? When I heard this, I called Jonathan, I asked him, ‘is this your understanding of democracy”. A governor closes down an assembly with the aid of the police and the place is under lock with ‘Mopol’ guarding it. When Jonathan selected this person as his campaign manager in Abuja, I telephoned him; I said does this support democracy that you choose this person. It is not a question of this person is a governor therefore come to my party, I can work with him. No, when a president picks somebody for a particular duty it means you are pointing that person out as an aspect of government so you see, it is impossible for me to pick Jonathan as a candidate,” Soyinka noted in the interview.

Otunba Daniel took to his Twitter handle, @JustusOGD to deny the allegation, noting that he prays that the Laws of diminishing returns do not sometimes catch up with some of our Elder Statesmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/daniel-replies-soyinka-your-comments-betray-your-repute/

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by jaybee104(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by appini: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
I can't stop laughing!!

7 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
I know that the truth hurts most times, but I have to say it. To me soyinka is just a lucky man, for him to have won a nobel price with works like,"d lion and the jewel", he should be thankful.
He cannot and can never reach the height and peak chinua achebe reached.
Before you quote me, please google when he won that "lucky" nobel price.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
That's the way he rolls!

6 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol, uncle Dan no dey too talk, but when he talks, this is an example.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Donclaracuzo: 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
I think Soyinka is affected by law of diminishing returns!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by DFemaleBoss(f): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
cheesy @diminishing returns

7 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by DoTheNeedful: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
Who is Gbenga Daniel Is he not a mere educated tout who was lucky to become Ogun governor through OBJ's influence? Is he not just ritualist and a blood-thirsty opportunist? He should sit down. He is not useful to the society apart from maybe his family

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
By law of nature, when you grow older, u go senile. The law of diminishing return is a must that can't be shelved when u talk of old age...

The only time this becomes a thing to attend to is when it sets in when it is least expected: like the late 50's.

Gbenga Daniel, the once relevant and best governor in Nigeria has been reduced to nothing and a mere attention seeker like Osoba. The law of diminishing returns clearly sets over him at the least expected time, and worst still, many people are still glad it did.

The idiot should try and stay relevant..

I understand it is painful when no one wants to listen to you, but trying to be heard by hitch-hiking on the wings of the famous is an all new dimension if lowness!

I am glad you even recognize him as an elder statesman, let us hope for your sake, someone will even remember your name by the time you are 60!

Get a life, o daniel..

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
I know that the truth hurts most times, but I have to say it. To me soyinka is just a lucky man, for him to have won a nobel price with works like,"d lion and the jewel", he should be thankful.
luck is wen u unmeritably earn some thing and become part of a larger body who are gurus in that field, by ur post its obvious u envious of the man honestly I don't know why u will think u have more brain than the group of professional laureates that's criticised his work base on many factors and decided to give him the noble prize with ur flat brain that have not even won children award in wat ever it is u are studying at school,... one word for you go get a life

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Those words from Gbenga Daniel will leave Wole Soyinka in the dark.

10 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by ifihearam: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
I think I agree with gbenga in this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
kingsolex:

luck is wen u unmeritably earn some thing and become part of a larger body who are gurus in that field, by ur post its obvious u envious of the man honestly I don't know why u will think u have more brain than the group of professional laureates that's criticised his work base on many factors and decided to give him the noble prize with ur flat brain that have not even won children award in wat ever it is u are studying at school,... one word for you go get a life
Please, help me summarize this story, am allergic to #longthings

7 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
have u read the book, 'the lion and the jewel'? I dnt think so. Have u asked yourself what is particularly spectacular in Shakespeare's books?

I dnt think so too.

What height did Chinua Achebe reach that Soyinka didn't? Pray, mention...

You knw nothing abt 'works' of literature. Have you wondered why 'there was a country' was not considered as a work of art?

Do your homework.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
have u read the book, 'the lion and the jewel'? I dnt think so. Have u asked yourself what is particularly spectacular in Shakespeare's books?

I dnt think so too.

You knw nothing abt 'works' of literature. Have you wondered why 'there was a country' was not considered as a work of art?

Do your homework.
Same old story, all I know about WS is AHOY!!!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Same old story, all I know about WS is AHOY!!!!!
thank God you knw something. But just like your other kinsmen, no rationale whatsoever.

Come up with an argument...oh...I forgot, only people with brains can do actually that..

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by otabuko(m): 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Gbenga who? Still alive?

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
otabuko:
Gbenga who? Still alive?
I wonder o

5 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Donclaracuzo: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Who is Gbenga Daniel Is he not a mere educated tout who was lucky to become Ogun governor through OBJ's influence? Is he not just ritualist and a blood-thirsty opportunist? He should sit down. He is not useful to the society apart from maybe his family

I disagree with you on this. You can know more about Gbenga Daniel on this his personal web link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gbenga_Daniel to know about him. You can't say who is he cos, he is wealthier, famous, connected and more prominent than you!

9 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Please, help me summarize this story, am allergic to #longthings
lolx
Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Skypelogger: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Gbam
Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by oluwatansho(m): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
lmfao......
but politics is really a funny game, they can both be sipping their cup of tea as we dey comment for nairaland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by ihatebuhari(f): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mtcheeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by ITSAWRAPP: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
lobatan

Ki la gbe, ki le ju grin

Google for translation cheesy
Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by DoTheNeedful: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Donclaracuzo:

I disagree with you on this. You can know more about Gbenga Daniel on this his personal web link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gbenga_Daniel to know about him. You can't say who is he cos, he is wealthier, famous, connected and more prominent than you!

You want to tell me you know OGD better than I do because of one wikipedia thrash? Try and research on wikipedia itself then you will know anybody can put anything there. You must be his family member to know him better than i do.
I just hope you are not making this comment based on APC/PDP rubbish here on NL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by 1love4all: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by AmakaDNB(f): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by Okestra01(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute by ArmaniUhuru: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Wole talks too much nowadays. Haba

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili / President Buhari Receives Okechukwu And Chairman Of Chelsea Hotels In Aso Rock / Petrol Price In Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest In Africa - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.