Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? (5629 Views)

Wole Soyinka Deruba Oyinlola Pe Oun Maa Fi Oruko E Sinu Iwe Lori Awon Opuro / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year' / Wole Soyinka Says A Name Is More Than The Tyranny Of Taste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Monday, March 23, 2009

Sun News Publishing

"General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida’s (IBB) in-law and President, Black Gold Group, Chief Sunny Okogwu has said that Professor Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian, and as such he has no locus standi to continue to criticize IBB.

Speaking in exclusive interview with Daily Sun in Kaduna, Okogwu who was apparently reacting to Soyinka’s recent lecture, wherein he said among other things that IBB denied Nigeria the opportunity of a nationhood, noted that it was high time Nigerians stopped blaming IBB for whatever happened during his rule, insisting that if he (Okogwu) should open his mouth to speak on the person of Soyinka, Nigerians would not “buy him for 10 kobo.”

“He (Soyinka) was invited to speak on a particular person who has a political legacy; instead he took on a man that has nothing to do with the occasion. If I should open my mouth to speak about Wole Soyinka, that I know, as someone close to IBB, [b]Nigerians will not buy him (Soyinka) for 10 kobo. Pitifully too, Wole is not a Nigerian, so he has no right, no privilege to represent Nigeria and talk about Nigeria or about the situation of Nigeria.

“He is not a Nigerian, he is a settler. The man is a nationalized Nigerian. He is a beneficiary of our generous constitution. He knows where he came from. Have you ever seen a Nigerian like Wole Soyinka, the man who puts on white hair, unruly like a Rasta man, white beard not taken care of? Have you ever seen any Nigerian leader growing white hair like Wole Soyinka or white beard like Wole Soyinka? It is only Wole Soyinka that wears that kind of hair. A true Nigerian does not wear such hair, and we don’t have one like Soyinka.“[/b]He also spoke on why he would not ask IBB to run in 2011, but was quick to add that, if he runs and wins, he (Okogwu) would be glad to return to the corridors of power once more.

He also spoke on other issues of national interest, including the claim that like Soyinka, Obasanjo, former Nigeria’s President, is equally not a Nigerian.
Excerpts:

Since after General IBB relinquished power, there is hardly any public discuss about the political situation in Nigeria that his name will not feature. Just recently, Wole Soyinka again pointed the finger at him for depriving Nigeria the opportunity of transforming into nationhood. How do you feel as somebody who was close to the man when he was in power and still close to him even out of power?

The accusation by Wole Soyinka was wrong and is still wrong. It was not true, and it was an insult to Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s kind of politics. If Wole wants to talk about anybody, let him call his own press conference. He was invited to speak on a particular person who has a political legacy; instead he took on a man that has nothing to do with the occasion. If I should open my mouth to speak about Wole Soyinka, that I know, as someone close to IBB, Nigerians will not buy him (Soyinka) for 10 kobo. Pitifully too, Wole is not a Nigerian, so he has no right, no privilege to represent Nigeria and talk about Nigeria or about the situation of Nigeria.

How do you mean he is not a Nigerian ?

He is not a Nigerian, he is a settler. The man is a nationalized Nigerian. He is a beneficiary our generous constitution. He knows where he came from. Have you ever seen a Nigerian like Wole Soyinka, the man who puts on white hair, unruly like a Rasta man, white bear, not taken care of? Have you ever seen any Nigerian leader growing white hair like Wole Soyinka or white bear like Wole Soyinka? It is only Wole Soyinka that wears that kind of hair. A true Nigerian does not wear such hair, and we don’t have one like Soyinka.

But his origin is traceable to Ogun State, and his family is well known there. How about that?

Not everybody in Ogun state is a Nigerian. We know them very well. They either came to trade from Cotonou and settled in Nigeria. They trade mostly in kolanuts, and sometimes they even come from Togo or Ghana, but what I am saying is that when you are not a true Nigerian, don’t talk about Nigeria in a way that is insulting. If he is a nationalist, why did he oppose the rule of Abiola, why did he oppose the rule of Chief Obafemi Awolowo and why did he oppose Obasanjo? Now he has been opposing the rule of General IBB. Can he, Wole Soyinka rule? The answer is no. He was given opportunity, but he failed.

When was that?

It was during the IBB’s regime, was he not made something? The only thing he could do and did well was to introduce cultism into our university system, which caused the death of our children. Is cultism a tradition of Nigeria? No, it is foreign.

But he has always come out to defend that position that when they were in school, the pirate confraternity was not a cult to harass people, but a group to defend their collective rights as students?
That is what he preached to you, he was a preacher of that tradition that does not belong to Nigeria, and he brought it, is that not enough? There are so many preachers in Nigeria that will preach something and do something else.

There was also this general belief that when he was in charge of the Road Safety Commission under IBB, there was sanity in the system, how come you now say he could not perform?

There was no sanity anywhere. In fact, the situation became worst. He knows what he did, I am not supposed to say it, if you talk about people, talk about yourself. We in the IBB family have family value and we maintain it. Soyinka doesn’t seem to have that value, and anywhere he goes he talks the untalkable.

But most of the things he said were the things other Nigerians have said about IBB, so why are you singling out Soyinka for attack?

Yes, most of things Nigerians say about IBB were things the likes of Soyinka were always saying, not necessarily that they were the truth. You can see how he changes Nigerians’ mind and take his view and put into their mind. Is that a true citizen?

But one cross that IBB has continued to carry and will remain for a very long time to come is this issue of June 12, is that not enough to pour venoms on IBB?

It was not IBB who annulled the election, and as such it will be unfair to continue to attack him on June 12 issue.

But do you agree that annulment of June 12 really has devastating effects on Nigeria?

It may have, I don’t know, but if Nigeria has a law it must be obeyed, IBB obeyed the law.

In annulling June 12?

He did not annul June 12, the court annulled June 12 and the court was higher than IBB. You people should talk things as they come, it was the court, go to the archives, the court still exists and the document still exists, and because Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian he wants to contravene the court order. Who is he? Nigerians obey court order and we are still obeying court order whether you like it or not. Who was the person who took the case to court, was it IBB, the answer is no. How did Abiola join politics? And which political party was he into? How long was he in that party before he was nominated presidential candidate? What happened between him and Arthur Nzeribe, the man who took the case to the court and made sure Abiola never became the president of this country? And I am quoting him, go and ask him, he was the one, and he is the one and he still will not, even if you wake Abiola up, Nzeribe will never allow Abiola to rule this country.

Why?

The story is wide and long. He brought Abiola to the party late and he was the principal actor and when he (Abiola) came in he was nominated, Abiola refused to greet him and even to answer his (Nzeribe) greeting became a problem, and he (Nzeribe) told him clean and clear, ‘you have not gone anywhere, you are behaving like this,’ over his dead body, ‘you will never rule this country.’ And you know Nzeribe for what he is, he concluded his project, you can go and ask Saraki (Oloye), Saraki went and begged him in his house, personal home in his hometown, he said no, Abiola went there he said no. what is IBB’s own there? IBB heard the annulment on radio. IBB was here (in Kaduna) passing through to Katsina. He was asking me, did you hear the radio news and I said yes. What is his own there; he quickly ran back and complied. Why is Soyinka not telling Nigerians the truth, Soyinka knew about Nzeribe, let him tell Nigerians.

What you are saying in essence is that Nigerians should stop blaming IBB for the annulment of June 12 and other things that happened during his regime?

They should put the blame on the party and those who took part in the annulment that was highly concluded professionally and legally by the court.

Do you think Yar’Adua should run in 2011?

That is not for me to say, he has the decision to make.

Some people have already started urging your in-law to come and contest, the way they had always done. How would you react to that?

That is up to them.

What is your advise as somebody who is close to him, should he run for Presidency in 2011?

If I advise him, people will say I am greedy. But I am the one who suffered during President Babangida’s rule. My family and Babangida family gained nothing during his regime other than insult, threat, loss of our property. Is it now that I will ask him to pursue the position of President again, what will we gain? He himself, what did he gain? Bullets all over the places, who is saying sorry to him, you want him to start going all over places and by the time he collapses who will say sorry to him.

Supposing your in-law decides to contest in 2011, what will you do?

What will I do? I will do what I did before.

What did you do before?

I will sit on the chair and go to the corridor of power and make sure he comes out alive.

But you will not ask him to contest?

No, I can’t control him, it is an offence to control a mature man and stop him from what he wants to do. He is matured, I can’t control him.

IBB made a lot of people while in power, how come you said members of his family did not benefit anything?

That is a good leader;. Yes, he helped a lot of people thinking that it would be smooth for him so that towards the end he could help his family, but he didn’t see the end, so the family lost. Which leader do you see doing that now? That was a good leader.

What will be your advice to Nigerians?

Keep your country, and make sure that these people who come from neighboring countries do not rule you. If you give them chance, they will take your money, take your property, take everything and destroy your country and leave you.

Who are those people from neighboring countries ruling us?

We have many of them, they came enmass during the civil war and they refused to go. Some of them even changed their names, bearing names that you don’t understand. I don’t need to mention names. So many of them came from the waterfront.

We also have them here in the North?

I said everywhere, did I mention any specific place? When Abacha was ruling, did he say he is a Nigerian, you people said he came from foreign land, also you people talk of Marwa coming from Cameroon but he led you, Ribadu from borders of Chad, Buhari from Niger republic, Obasanjo from Dahomey, name them, and I will tell you where they come from.

What of IBB?

IBB is from Nigeria.

How come it is only IBB that is from Nigeria? His name is there, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida

Olusegun Obasanjo is a Yoruba name, how come you say he is not a Nigerian?

Olusegun Obasanjo is not a name. Olusegun is not a Yoruba name. Obasanjo is not a name. Oba means what? Chief, Sanjo means what, Oba forbids sin, Sanjo is Igbo, so he has emerged from where, he has emerged from where and settled where; don’t let me bring those historical things. Give me another name and I will tell you where they come from.

Wole Soyinka?

Of course, you know, Wole is not a name, Soyinka is not name. It is Yinka that is a name, so where did ‘So’ come from. They came from somewhere and took kolanut to Badagry. I don’t want to tell you this type of things. They begin to organize rallies, amass power and they become the leader of the multitude and the multitude use propaganda tool to make them prominent and they become Wole Soyinkas of this world. I think the trend must stop."
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2009
I said everywhere, did I mention any specific place? When Abacha was ruling, did he say he is a Nigerian, you people said he came from foreign land, also you people talk of Marwa coming from Cameroon but he led you, Ribadu from borders of Chad, Buhari from Niger republic, Obasanjo from Dahomey, name them, and I will tell you where they come from.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Foreigners have been ruling us eh kwa?
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by presido1: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2009
He might right or wrong i don't know. If his only talking about his white hair and bear bear then he must be a clown.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Moyola(f): 12:44am On Mar 24, 2009
“He is not a Nigerian, he is a settler. The man is a nationalized Nigerian. He is a beneficiary of our generous constitution. He knows where he came from. Have you ever seen a Nigerian like Wole Soyinka, the man who puts on white hair, unruly like a Rasta man, white beard not taken care of? Have you ever seen any Nigerian leader growing white hair like Wole Soyinka or white beard like Wole Soyinka? It is only Wole Soyinka that wears that kind of hair. A true Nigerian does not wear such hair, and we don’t have one like Soyinka.“He also spoke on why he would not ask IBB to run in 2011, but was quick to add that, if he runs and wins, he (Okogwu) would be glad to return to the corridors of power once more.

Wole Soyinka?

Of course, you know, Wole is not a name, Soyinka is not name. It is Yinka that is a name, so where did ‘So’ come from. They came from somewhere and took kolanut to Badagry. I don’t want to tell you this type of things. They begin to organize rallies, amass power and they become the leader of the multitude and the multitude use propaganda tool to make them prominent and they become Wole Soyinkas of this world. I think the trend must stop."

hAHa!!
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 24, 2009
Of course not.

He's from Timbuktu.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Hauwa1: 1:25am On Mar 24, 2009
soyinka not a nigerian/yoruba? umm funny. can we say the Kuti too not Nigerians? Soyinka and the Kutis are related. nigerians and k-legged stories sef undecided
as for Abacha, i heard chad.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 24, 2009
Nigerians will not buy him (Soyinka) for 10 kobo. Pitifully too, Wole is not a Nigerian, so he has no right, no privilege to represent Nigeria and talk about Nigeria or about the situation of Nigeria.

“He is not a Nigerian, he is a settler. The man is a nationalized Nigerian. He is a beneficiary of our generous constitution. He knows where he came from. Have you ever seen a Nigerian like Wole Soyinka, the man who puts on white hair, unruly like a Rasta man, white beard not taken care of? Have you ever seen any Nigerian leader growing white hair like Wole Soyinka or white beard like Wole Soyinka? It is only Wole Soyinka that wears that kind of hair. A true Nigerian does not wear such hair, and we don’t have one like Soyinka.“

The Okogwu guy should hide his head in shame. His statements reeks of pure illiteracy and the usual Nigerian character of making a lot of noise with no iota of substance in his words. The way you wear your hair is now what makes or doesn't make you Nigerian?
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by DeReloaded: 2:32am On Mar 24, 2009
stillwater:

The Okogwu guy should hide his head in shame. His statements reeks of pure illiteracy and the usual Nigerian character of making a lot of noise with no iota of substance in his words. The way you wear your hair is now what makes or doesn't make you Nigerian?

If I were Igbo, I'd be so ashamed of this illiterate slowpoke. Olusegun isnt a Yoruba name. What the hell does he know about Yoruba names or Yoruba in general? were oshi.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 24, 2009

I guess Wole Soyinka also carried kolanut to wherever he was honored as a Nobel Laureate.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Mar 24, 2009
You people dont understand something

ODOGWU is a comedian in training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Him what the meaning of Sunny is and what ODOGWU means
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Ifygurl: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2009
Hmm, this is from Sun newspaper, hmm. I don't necessary trust sun journalist and reading through this, for some reason i doubt IBB said this. It sound so stupid, i know the man is stupid but not this stupid. Hmm, oh well still a funny read.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Dede1(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2009
This is typical Nigerian approach to all and every issue where they tend to dive into discourse without weighing their options properly. Without much fanfare, I deduced that those contributors that had called Sunny Odogwu names are bunch of idiots and overfed simpletons.

Where is the modesty expected from an average intelligent fellow and for allowing benefit of doubts? If you have never had a prior knowledge of Nigerian secret documents or walked the corridor of power in Nigeria like Sunny Odogwu did, I urge you to tread with considerable amount of caution.

As for the noble prize carp, it does not mean a thing to me because it a colonial leach. If anybody deserves noble crap, I think of Achebe but it may not happen because of “Things Fall Apart”. However, I still like Wole Soyinka, Nigerian or not.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Remii(m): 10:14am On Mar 24, 2009
Dede1:

This is typical Nigerian approach to all and every issue where they tend to dive into discourse without weighing their options properly. Without much fanfare, I deduced that those contributors that had called Sunny Odogwu names are bunch of idiots and overfed simpletons.

Where is the modesty expected from an average intelligent fellow and for allowing benefit of doubts? If you have never had a prior knowledge of Nigerian secret documents or walked the corridor of power in Nigeria like Sunny Odogwu did, I urge you to tread with considerable amount of caution.

As for the noble prize carp, it does not mean a thing to me because it a colonial leach. If anybody deserves noble crap, I think of Achebe but it may not happen because of “Things Fall Apart”. However, I still like Wole Soyinka, Nigerian or not.

Much as I abhor insulting elders , Sonny Odogwu 's interview leaves too much to desire in his analysis and conclusions. So people like Oliver De Queqe, Ezeife, Chukwumeje and Ojukwu that are stylishly bearded unlike most Ibos are not Ibos even when you can trace their family history. So deciding to maintain certain hair cut or peculiar look can change your gene and tribe. Wole Soyinka's father is from and mother from Abeokuta full and complete Yoruba also he is a direct cousin of Late Fela Kuti

He, Sonny Odogwu, concluded Obasanjo is not Yoruba simply because Sanjo has another meaning in Ibo, So since "Dupe" that means" give thanks in Yoruba and written same as "dupe" which means to defraud in English people bearing Dupe are not Yoruba just because their name spells same with defraud and non Yoruba's should not ask for Yoruba meaning of the name?

Obasanjo means "God has paid us back or rewarded us of our past effort". Obasanjo is from Owu Egba and all Owu people are from ancient Owu Ile few kilometers from Ile Ife right in the center of Yoruba Origin. The Ibos / Ika people should be ashamed their high chief granted this kind of interview.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 24, 2009
Remii:

Much as I abhor insulting elders , Sonny Odogwu 's interview leaves too much to desire in his analysis and conclusions.  So people like Oliver De Queqe, Ezeife, Chukwumeje and Ojukwu that are stylishly bearded unlike most Ibos are not Ibos even when you can trace their family history. So deciding to  maintain certain hair cut or peculiar look can change your gene and tribe. Wole Soyinka's father is from and mother from Abeokuta full and complete Yoruba also he is a direct cousin of Late Fela Kuti

He, Sonny Odogwu, concluded Obasanjo is not Yoruba simply because Sanjo has another meaning in Ibo, So since  "Dupe" that means" give thanks in Yoruba and written same as "dupe" which means to defraud in English people bearing Dupe are not Yoruba just because their name spells same with defraud and non Yoruba's should not ask for Yoruba meaning of the name?

Obasanjo means "God has paid us back or rewarded us of our past effort". Obasanjo is from Owu Egba and all Owu people are from ancient Owu Ile few kilometers from Ile Ife right in the center of Yoruba Origin. The Ibos / Ika people should be ashamed their high chief granted this kind of interview.

you know, they need to 'de-chief' this fucker.  It's obvious he's been smoking too much weed.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by farotika(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
Dede1:

I think ignorance should be beaten out of you and your sorry "Sony" for claiming to know what u don’t have knowledge of. I wonder how this so-called chief will interpret his name 'Sunny Odogwu', Maybe "Sunny" means he comes from the Sun or Odo-gwu" could mean that he's a product of "odo" i.e. 'pestle and mortar'.

Mind you, both Soyinka and Obasanjo have deep Yoruba meaning. So, the man should ask question not make useless comments.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by DeReloaded: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2009
The Ibos / Ika people should be ashamed their high chief granted this kind of interview.

Lmao. Can you believe some retards are actually defending this trash. Rofl. Supporting stupidity cos he's one of their own. Pathetic.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by iReport: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2009
I wonder how this so-called chief will interpret his name 'Sunny Odogwu', Maybe "Sunny" means he comes from the Sun or Odo-gwu" could mean that he's a product of "odo" i.e. 'pestle and mortar'.

Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by youngies(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ok. . .I tried very hard not to laugh . . . but ladies and gentlemen, it has been confirmed that Sunny Odogwu is a retarded COMEDIAN!!!! grin grin lawd have mercy!

Honestly people can be very comical. Sunny o gi nwe aka!!! (thumbs up)
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
youngies:

Ok. . .I tried very hard not to laugh . . . but ladies and gentlemen, it has been confirmed that Sunny Odogwu is a retarded COMEDIAN!!!! grin grin lawd have mercy!

Honestly people can be very comical. Sunny o gi nwe aka!!! (thumbs up)
farotika:

I think ignorance should be beaten out of you and your sorry "Sony" for claiming to know what u don’t have knowledge of. I wonder how this so-called chief will interpret his name 'Sunny Odogwu', Maybe "Sunny" means he comes from the Sun or Odo-gwu" could mean that he's a product of "odo" i.e. 'pestle and mortar'.

Mind you, both Soyinka and Obasanjo have deep Yoruba meaning. So, the man should ask question not make useless comments.

Remii:

Much as I abhor insulting elders , Sonny Odogwu 's interview leaves too much to desire in his analysis and conclusions. So people like Oliver De Queqe, Ezeife, Chukwumeje and Ojukwu that are stylishly bearded unlike most Ibos are not Ibos even when you can trace their family history. So deciding to maintain certain hair cut or peculiar look can change your gene and tribe. Wole Soyinka's father is from and mother from Abeokuta full and complete Yoruba also he is a direct cousin of Late Fela Kuti

He, Sonny Odogwu, concluded Obasanjo is not Yoruba simply because Sanjo has another meaning in Ibo, So since "Dupe" that means" give thanks in Yoruba and written same as "dupe" which means to defraud in English people bearing Dupe are not Yoruba just because their name spells same with defraud and non Yoruba's should not ask for Yoruba meaning of the name?

Dede1:

I just found out that [b]Chief Sunny Odogwu,the Ide Ahaba is a totally different person from this clown Sonny Okogwu.[/b]Please let's not confuse the 2.
Odogwu is a well respected multi millionaire and a philantropist in his 70's,the owner of Grand hotel in Asaba and a a man who has proven himself in the world of business.He is the holder of several distinguished awards and merited honors both at home and abroad and is well loved by all Asaba indigenes and Igbos at large.

Sunny Okogwu is a tout.
His only claim to fame is being Ndidi Okogwu's brother Ndidi Okogwu went on to become Maryam Babangida and the Okogwu of an slowpoke was a beneficiary of the stolen Nigerian money by the IBB regime.
Please let's make that distinction and not drag Sunny Odogwu's good name through the mud
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by MrCrackles(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
Topic

So where his he from?
Afghanistan or Comoros Island?
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by nana(f): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2009
Who gives a monkey?!
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Pepeye(f): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2009
Na wah o. . so Sunny Okogwu has dropped he’s bombshell
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2009
Olusegun Obasanjo is not a name. Olusegun is not a Yoruba name. Obasanjo is not a name. Oba means what? Chief, Sanjo means what, Oba forbids sin, Sanjo is Igbo, so he has emerged from where, he has emerged from where and settled where; don’t let me bring those historical things. Give me another name and I will tell you where they come from.

This was the funniest part.
I couldn't stop laughing.
The guy should go and join Okey Bakassi
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by biina: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
<holds on to painful ribs from too much laughter>

why hasn't this thread been moved to the jokes section?
Its definitely funnier than most things posted in the jokes section

<goes back to ROTFLMAO>
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by nguage(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
Have you ever seen a Nigerian like Wole Soyinka, the man who puts on white hair, unruly like a Rasta man, white beard not taken care of? Have you ever seen any Nigerian leader growing white hair like Wole Soyinka or white beard like Wole Soyinka?

People put on white hair? Stupid me, I was thinking white hair grows naturally. No?

Why would you give this man any type of publicity? I know people are supposed to have opinions but damn.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2009
Dede1:

I disagree cheesy. Sunny Okogwu is more like the overfed simpleton and you can join him in his march towards idiocy for actually failing to deduce it's Okogwu not Odogwu.

The fact that we were able to see that most of what he said made no sense, throws all "benefit of doubt" out of the window. Even Clifford Orji does better interviews. cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2009
farotika:

Tell them, baby.

They want to teach us our own language. Funny
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by egheleghe(m): 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

I might have been a bigger fool myself.i've wondered for the past 3 days why sunny (odogwu) would stoop this low.i just realised that what was posted is sunny (okogwu).
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by chiogo(f): 12:55am On Mar 25, 2009
nana:

Who gives a monkey?!
LMFAO, right?
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by farotika(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Tell them, baby.

They want to teach us our own language. Funny

My love kiss ma da awon gbentuele yen lohun jare. They dont know what they are saying cool

Yeye people angry
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by mafolayomi(f): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
funny
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by vanitty: 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
hmmm! stark illiterate.
When did the colour of a man's beard became a criteria for determinng where he is from
I am forced to believe that guy was drunk when he gave that interview because there really is no other explanation for the nonsense coming from his mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your First Experience In The United States / Re-ooni Of Ile-ife Vs Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom - Moremi Ajsoro: Heroine / Urhobo Greetings (uyerhe Urhobo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.