Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Soap-making Business In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soap-making Business In Nigeria (124396 Views)

Soap Making In Nigeria / Soap Making Business Nigeria / Ice Block Making Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by battleaxe: 7:51am On May 09, 2011
@hannie

Could I please ask that you take a look at the recipe below and tell me if its okay? Just playing around for home usage but the quality has been suspect so I'm not using the potions I made!

To make 5 litres of general purpose liquid soap
[list]
[li]CMC - 50g/10TSP mixed into ~2litres of water
Soda Soln. - 50g of Caustic soda + 50g of Soda Ash mixed into ~2.5litres of water. I'll say here that I personally though this would be too caustic so I reduced the quantity of both the soda ash and caustic soda by about 80%.
I then mixed the soda solution with about half a liter of sulphonic acid.
This was then mixed with the CMC solution.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Does this sound right or can you correct me if wrong? Thanks!
(On my first attempt, I also added Texapon; didnt significantly improve the viscosity like I thought it would though!)
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 10:30pm On May 10, 2011
^ why not use Natrosol?

Natrosol is better than CMC.

Natrosol makes ur liquid soap more glassier, washes ur items more squeak clean than CMC would, one other thing, in less than an hour u are done producing liquid soap if u use Natrosol.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by vprops: 12:20pm On May 11, 2011
HOW TO MAKE N200,000 MONTHLY PRODUCING INSECTICIDE, SOAP(SOLID AND LIQUID), TOILET CLEANER, AIR FRESHNER, DISINFECTANT AND BREAD FOR HOMES AND CORPORATE ORGANIZATIONS WITH LITTLE CAPITAL

hello forumites, in a few weeks i hope to be sharing with you on how to make and market the above listed products. so watch out on this thread.

Egede Fortune Nwapali

egedefortune@yahoo.com
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 12:13am On May 12, 2011
vprops:

HOW TO MAKE N200,000 MONTHLY PRODUCING INSECTICIDE, SOAP(SOLID AND LIQUID), TOILET CLEANER, AIR FRESHNER, DISINFECTANT AND BREAD FOR HOMES AND CORPORATE ORGANIZATIONS WITH LITTLE CAPITAL

hello forumites, in a few weeks i hope to be sharing with you on how to make and market the above listed products. so watch out on this thread.

Egede Fortune Nwapali

egedefortune@yahoo.com

stop lying dude!!!

there is no way a beginner can start making N200,000 from producing all those things u listed just like that.

I wait for u to prove me wrong!

1 Like

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by battleaxe: 7:45am On May 12, 2011
@hannie
I actually use Natrosol though substantially more expensive. I still had the colloids forming but will work on it.
With the exception of your comment on the Natrosol/CMC, is the recipe/formula okay?
Please critic! Thanks.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 10:26pm On May 12, 2011
@Battleaxe

I produce on a commercial level now, I started though from recipes of 40litres of water to certain measures of other chemicals, however from what I see u wrote there are a few things missing to enable u have a standard liquid soap.

STPP

Lauryl Sulfate (used with Texapon and Sulphonic u should have a glassy output)

Formalin (depending on time of usage)

this info I dey give u, u suppose pay money o!

1 Like

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2011
these recipes are awful, the amount of soda ash or whatever u use is based on the other ingredients, you cannot just reduce b y percentages. And why are u still using soda ash if you use any laureth sulphates? Why use Natrosol, when u can use guar gum and emulsifying wax and get better consistent results?

Researc your recipe, it has too many ingredients that raise the PH level of the product and make it unsuitable for daily use which affects you profitability.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2011
Also Formalin in harmful to people's health and as u use it in manufacturing ur health in affected by regular exposure. In most countries formalin in banned in soap.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
Onye Babe:

these recipes are awful, the amount of soda ash or whatever u use is based on the other ingredients, you cannot just reduce b y percentages. And why are u still using soda ash if you use any laureth sulphates? Why use Natrosol, when u can use guar gum and emulsifying wax and get better consistent results?

Researc your recipe, it has too many ingredients that raise the PH level of the product and make it unsuitable for daily use which affects you profitability.

what has Soda Ash got to do with Laurel Sulfate? shocked

and what has my recipe containing Guar gum and emulsifying wax got to do with Natrosol? are u kidding me? shocked

I produce liquid soap that ARGUABLY cant be bettered by anybody nor factory so I dont understand why u feel Guar gum and emulsifying wax will give more consistent results, as far as I know we are not talking of HOME-MADE LIQUID SOAP here grin
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2011
hannie:

what has Soda Ash got to do with Laurel Sulfate? shocked

and what has my recipe containing Guar gum and emulsifying wax got to do with Natrosol? are u kidding me? shocked

I produce liquid soap that ARGUABLY cant be bettered by anybody nor factory so I dont understand why u feel Guar gum and emulsifying wax will give more consistent results, as far as I know we are not talking of HOME-MADE LIQUID SOAP here grin

Home made liquid soap is too complicated for you so dont worry about that.

How can u justify using Natrosol in your product? all it does is thicken the product and it is an irritant , I am suggesting a better thickener. I formulate cosmetics including shampoo so I know. your formula is outdated, stop believing your own marketing spin.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2011
Onye Babe:

Home made liquid soap is too complicated for you so dont worry about that.

How can u justify using Natrosol in your product? all it does is thicken the product and it is an irritant , I am suggesting a better thickener. I formulate cosmetics including shampoo so I know. your formula is outdated, stop believing your own marketing spin.

a formular that is outdated and yet producing results is better than a formular that NO ONE HERE WOULD WANT TO USE . . .

ur formulating cosmetics doesnt mean others dont, u love to denigrate others forgetting that not only one way leads to Hell grin
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
hannie:

a formular that is outdated and yet producing results is better than a formular that NO ONE HERE WOULD WANT TO USE . . .

your formulating cosmetics doesnt mean others dont, u love to denigrate others forgetting that not only one way leads to Hell grin

well ignorance is bliss. Keep selling products that are harmful to your customers in the long run.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Onye Babe:

well ignorance is bliss. Keep selling products that are harmful to your customers in the long run.

stop chatting poppycocks!!!

lets have ur recipe here and lets break it down alongside mine . . .

u know very little yet YAP TOO MUCH!!

utter rubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 4:05am On Jun 28, 2011
hannie:

stop chatting poppycocks!!!

lets have your recipe here and lets break it down alongside mine . . .

u know very little yet YAP TOO MUCH!!

utter rubbish! angry

Quite immature, I only commented because I was shocked that you use formalin and Natrosol, which we dont use where i work because of the negative side effects and long term health problems. Dont really like slag matches so forget I even mentioned anything.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by TheBuilder: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ Onye Babe
Can you send me your e-mail address to pvnigeria@hotmail.com?
I will like us to discuss.
Cheers,
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
Onye Babe:

Quite immature, I only commented because I was shocked that you use formalin and Natrosol, which we dont use where i work because of the negative side effects and long term health problems. Dont really like slag matches so forget I even mentioned anything.

The fact that u dont use it where u work doesnt mean u should condemn other people's recipes especially when u cant exactly disprove their functionalities . . .

u said Formalin is not good, yet u must love Caustic Soda . . .INTERESTING!

Which Chemical is not dangerous or have its own harmful effects? why is it that precautionary measures are advised?

u really must be an upstart grin
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 6:51am On Jul 01, 2011
Caustic soda does not cause cancer, Formalin does.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2011
^ is it only CANCER that represents 'danger' or anything 'harmful'?

even the toothpaste you use has a chemical component whose unmitigated exposure could cause Cancer . . .
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by ozoor1: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
Please where can i get Caustic soda,Natrosol and texapon to buy in lagos?
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by cvibe: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
Any pictures?
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by charsjoe: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2011
I appreciate all contributions regarding the aforementioned. I am here to say that, if you are interested in SOAP Training, "WEB TRAINING ON BAR SOAP PRODUCTION" you can reach me through charsjoe@hotmail.com It can be done through web and back up with phone calls.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
-> Main Board.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by mabelly: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ hannie and onye babe, i have formalin and wont really approve of it and also using nitrosol nw, Its nt just working for me. Have been carrying out research on dis project for over a year nw and am not satisfied with the result so far. I will still like to knw more for no knowledge is lost. @ Onye Babe, i wud really appreciate it if u can give me some information on how to go about dis thing, cos am getting tired for i have spent too much bt i dnt want to giveup. Am really counting on you.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by PrinceUfe: 6:14am On Oct 04, 2011
when it comes to production, Ubong Edem is the king. Some people even call him the young investor. For over 4 years now, i've been practicing the act of producing soap of different kinds, hair cream, detergent, industrial liquid soap, cold wash, paint products, etc, It was from last 6 months that people started gathering around me, begging me that they can pay any amount to learn from me. I am now happy that i was able to deliver from there till now. I didn't just show them how, i also thought them how those things can be produced in the most-economical ways which is the reason why i studied chemical Engineering at University.

For expert advice, call Ubong Edem (Young Investor) on

let's become employers!

''Money is Grace''-Ubong Edem
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by spicyc: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
Nigeria is 51 years old this month and I couldn’t just hold it than to pour it out.

Introducing “The Independence Jumbo Pack”
You will never find this anywhere
The Secrets I’m About To Reveal In This Jumbo Pack Will Teach You How You Can Dominate Your Life Financial, Physically, Spiritually, Health Wise And Mentally.
Learn Some Easy-To-Implement Tips And Convert Your Online And Offline Business Into A Naira Churning Machine. I am going to give you the “Brains” of some Top Marketers to profit from freely.

Click here to get the free info: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=264028126971164
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by hannie: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2011
mabelly:

@ hannie and onye babe, i have formalin and wont really approve of it and also using nitrosol nw, Its nt just working for me. Have been carrying out research on dis project for over a year nw and am not satisfied with the result so far. I will still like to knw more for no knowledge is lost. @ Onye Babe, i wud really appreciate it if u can give me some information on how to go about dis thing, cos am getting tired for i have spent too much bt i dnt want to giveup. Am really counting on you.

pls expatiate cool
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by PrinceUfe: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2011
the reason why a lot of people get burnt by acid here and there is that some people claim to know when they don't. The truth is that you don't need to pass through the tens of trial and error experiments that some people(including me) have already done in the past, instead, let experts anywhere (including me) to take you to the final formulations that they have. Perhaps, you have the short-cut to success.

Ubong Edem (The Young Investor)
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by wealth123: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2011
@onye baby please send me the most current recipe for soap making safe for people because i want to make money and not harm people inthe process. The best way is once you discover any thing you are using is harmful look for a safe alternative. The alternative may be expensive but human health is priceless.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by PrinceUfe: 5:04am On Oct 25, 2011
People call me the ''Young Investor'', you can just call me Ubong.
Fellow Nigerians, i am not hear to sell anyone, but i want to say that we should only give out want is the best, not just calling ourselves Prof. I still want to say that the only short-cut to success is by learning from an expert. Don't deceive yourself to think that all the information you'll get on google can be anough, buy books, make people tutor you and see results. I'm not talking about myself, just get experts! The truth is that the future belongs to producers!
Ubong Edem
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 2:27am On Nov 07, 2011
Hi guys sorry I stop checking my mail for a while so I didnt see some of the replies on here. I want to post a recipe, that is based on ingredients that can be found in Nigeria. I dont know where you can get them but I suppose you can find them somehow. Try looking for the representatives of croda chemicals, I know of Orkila is a rep in Lagos. Check to see the surfactants and ingredients they have: SLES, Cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, Guar gum, fragrance oil (whatever scent you want) and preservatives (find out the exact one as it would affect the formulation)

ORKILA CHEMICALS LTD
PMB n° 21439
32B Lapido Oluwole Av.
IKEJA / LAGOS
NIGERIA
info.nigeria@orkila.com
Tel: + 234 1 774 21 82
Fax: + 234 1 345 33 71

I got the contact info above from their website, so I doubt the tel would work. Let me know if can get hold of the ingredients above then we can start from there.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by PrinceUfe: 5:12am On Nov 07, 2011
using formaline or even formaldehyde to produce soap is suicide. Apart from the bad odour that the soap will be producing, can you tell the reaction between Formaline and caustic soda? Men, the only short cut to success is to learn from experts. Stop deceiving yourself. There are some information that you can't just get on google or forum, but, you can buy books from experts to read. The greatest proof that something can be done is that another person has done it.-Bertrand Russel
Money is grace- The Young Investor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Hot Profitable Business Ideas You Can Start From Home With ₦20,000 / How Much Capital Will Be Needed To Start A Mini Supermarket? / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.