Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! (2752 Views)

My Wife Saved A Male Number With A Female Name / Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" / Pic Of The Day...(koboko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Biola2610: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
HOW SPANKING SAVED MY LIFE

A few days ago, I saw the picture of a lady in her thirties online and the caption written told that she was still missing. She had been missing for a couple of months. And a few days just before then I had seen yet again, the picture of a little boy that had made rounds on the internet for quite some time. He is still missing too.

Pictures like this make my heart skip a beat. It reminds me that many years ago, posters like those could have been circulated with my picture on them.

I grew up in a house where every child had her turn at being the ‘errand child’. At that stage of your life, you do the dishes after a meal; you are the one that goes to blend pepper, who goes to buy something urgently needed from the street mallam (neighborhood retailer). Sometimes it’s fun being the errand child but many times, it is not because you could be asked to go get something just when you are watching your favorite cartoon.

I remember, a certain day many years ago (my teenage years) when I was the chief errand girl. That beautiful day I had been asked to go and buy wheat bread from the eatery called Mr. Biggs. In those days, many bread vendors did not sell wheat bread like we now have, so we had to go a couple of meters away to buy it.

After buying the bread, I stood at the bus-stop which was just across the road opposite the eatery, I knew I was being lazy because I could actually walk down but I wanted to take a short bus ride instead. While I stood there waiting for the bus, a young man came to meet me and asked for directions to a particular address. As fate would have it, I happen to know the area he was trying to find but not the address itself. I told him he was on the wrong track because the place was the other side of town.

He started to look confused and went on to say how he was not familiar with Lagos and he had goods worth a huge sum to claim at the address. As best as I could, I described to him where he had to walk to and from there either get the right connecting bus or just take a cab. He pleaded with me nicely to make it easier by taking him there and he would compensate my effort and time with a gold wristwatch.

When I heard him say ‘gold wristwatch’ I quickly pictured myself flaunting it. I shall be a proud owner of a gold wristwatch at that young age, waoh! Mummy’s ‘shakara’ will end! Because she just never lets us go near her valuable jewelries. Besides, the place is not so far so I could quickly go and still return in good time with the bread.

As a smart girl, I contained my excitement and didn’t let the man see through me, but just as I was going to decide on whether to take him there or not, another man who had been standing just nearby chose not to mind his business and intruded by saying ´´sister, help him´´. I had to give him the ‘why don’t you mind your business’ look.

You know, when God wants to save your ass, it’s in a way you least expect it. Just as I was going to finally decide to take him there, I remembered the two loooong koboko (canes) behind my mother’s bed!

Those two things can reset anything that requires resetting in the life of a child. The fear of what those sticks can do is what makes you behave, not even the spanking itself. How do I explain how I got the wristwatch when I am fully aware that even people she knows well, there is a limit to which we must accept gifts from them? Infact, if her younger sister, my aunt, should give us anything in her absence we dare not eat or use it till she permits us to do so. How then do I explain collecting a wristwatch…no, a GOLD wristwatch from a stranger?! The beating will be on earth but I am sure I shall feel the pain in heaven.

And so, the fear of koboko made me tell the man to help himself. Just at that moment, a bus arrived and I left immediately. Would you believe that I looked back and saw both men talking to each other in a manner one could tell that they were familiar with each other!

Later that night, when mom got back home from work I confidently told her what had transpired earlier in the day when I went to buy daddy’s wheat bread…after all, I didn’t collect the wristwatch so the gist will be sweet. I had not even finished when she screamed ´´ha! awon gbomogbomo!´´ meaning ha! Kidnappers!

I was puzzled at her exclamation, and she started saying how there had been lots of stories in the news of missing persons and people who had been hypnotized and duped. In short, we had a family meeting that night and got new instructions;

if anyone talks to you do not answer, if anyone asks you for description to any address start running and scream ´´e gbami o! gbomogbomo!(help me! kidnapper!).

Personally, I felt my mom was just being dramatic until a few weeks later I was going to my aunt’s house and while I stood at the bus-stop again, waiting for a connecting bus, I heard a soft voice ´´ fine girl…´´.

When you are a target, you will definitely be fine!

Anyway, I didn’t turn because I thought it was a cheap toaster. Besides playing hard to get, I was not even in the mood because I had stood there for a while under the scorching sun and no bus seemed to be forthcoming. The voice came again, “fine girl, it’s you I am talking to´´.

Angrily, I was responding and turning my head in his direction “is it not obvious I am igno….´´ I couldn’t finish the sentence because standing there was the same man who had asked me for description a few weeks ago about 6 kilometers away from where we now stood! He wanted to do the same thing here but apparently didn’t recognize me.

´´ It is you this man again?! E gbami o! Gbomogbomo!´´ I started shouting remembering my mom’s instruction. I didn’t have to say it a second time before the man vanished. The painful part was that it happened so fast that by the time people turned in my direction, he had disappeared and I stood there like Little Miss Foolish.

You would however agree with me that feeling foolish is nothing compared to being kidnapped. If I had not remembered the pains of spanking, maybe someone else would be writing this post about me because if those men had succeeded that first time, who knows what could have become of me? I might not have even been killed with my body parts removed. I could have been hypnotized and robbed.

Not everyone has been that lucky.

This isn’t to say I am encouraging parents to spank their kids just to teach them these same lessons of being careful with strangers, but I am of the opinion that however you choose to do it, ensure your kids know not to trust strangers.

My heart goes out to everyone who might have lost a friend, brother, sister, uncle, aunty, child or even parent to these wicked people.

www.abenistales.com

16 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Zehner(f): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol.....Quite an interesting and funny piece. Truth be told the spanking we got from our parents then did help instill discipline. However parents these days do not encourage spanking as they are many ways to bring an arrant child to order.

2 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by donholy28(m): 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Yea tho it was punishment then...we are now seeing d essence of it...America won't adopt this act yet they want us to adopt theirs when they have too many bad kids

5 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by darlenese(f): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice write up,
I. Love the Nigerian way of bringing up kids. I spank my kids when its necessary , even the bible says we shouldnt spare the rod.

5 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
Fear dong catch me o! Or in one of my maids' voice, fear have catch me upon this story o!
I cant spank my kids! I have tried but the little I do they weep all day and make thier little faces in unpleasant styles that attracts much pity from me so I stopped altogether. But my wife does. But thatz not enough, I suppose. Oh God help me! Oh my lovely kids! And they look So much like thier Mother and much like her! Thatz d worst undoing. They can cry!

3 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by okirewaju(f): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
I didn't read the whole story, I stopped somewhere in the middle. Something similar happened to someone I know and the person didn't follow the man because she was told that it could happen and how dangerous it was. She knew what to do in this moment without spanking.
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Biola2610: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
Zehner:
Lol.....Quite an interesting and funny piece. Truth be told the spanking we got from our parents then did help instill discipline. However parents these days do not encourage spanking as they are many ways to bring an arrant child to order.

I agree with you on many ways to bring up an arrant child. Despite all the spanking I got, not sure if I can do the same to my kids... time will tell.
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Biola2610: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
nairalife2013:
Fear dong catch me o! Or in one of my maids' voice, fear have catch me upon this story o!
I cant spank my kids! I have tried but the little I do they weep all day and make thier little faces in unpleasant styles that attracts much pity from me so I stopped altogether. But my wife does. But thatz not enough, I suppose. Oh God help me! Oh my lovely kids! And they look So much like thier Mother and much like her! Thatz d worst undoing. They can cry!

Lol
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by delishpot: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2015
nairalife2013:

You seem to love your wife so much. She is such a lucky woman. Howmany kids do you have if you dont mind me asking. From time to time I do spank mine but you are right about feeling a bit bad afterwards but one must kèep pressing on.

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
delishpot:

You seem to love your wife so much. She is such a lucky woman. Howmany kids do you have if you dont mind me asking. From time to time I do spank mine but you are right about feeling a bit bad afterwards but one must kèep pressing on.
yep. I love my wife so much. One, she is very pretty and fair and has back n front axle and is 4wheel drive grin with average body and height. If u hav ever seen kim, then u are a lucky man - u have seen my wife! But she doesnt pose necked outside o, incase they ask u. She walkd round the house unclad tho till d kids started comin and she got really pissed claiming they hinder her from parading her mouthwatering wares to the full glare of her dickhappy chubby!!! My first kid was just abt a yr old when she stood at the lobby as I walk pass with careless abandon, clad in my tight pants with my macho bulge well visible in the morning cold, she looked at me with childish awe and enquired : dadi is dat yur own bumbum in yur own pampers!...
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
delishpot:

my wife stood there fully mesmerized. Since then it dawn on us freedom days where we owned the house all to ourselves alone were over. I hav 3kids now. Nedadi, zibah and olive. Thier mum love me scatter and weeps all nite when I make faces at her. She claims she wants to outclass the love my own mum has for me and further declared me her own son and husband and brother and friend, to start with. There is no bad character I hav not put up in my own house, like a stubborn child, just like I was when I was living with my parents, but she tolerates them all with childish or maternal ease! God forgive me about those days. One day I just started weeping and begging her for forgiveness. Since then I have loved her more with unprecedented desperation and glee.

4 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
delishpot:

truth is, if u love yur wife so much, probably due to her beauty or obedience and respect or unconditional love for u, the affection will spill over to yur kids in ample supply. Sometimes more and more love is inspired by certain sacrifice put up or endured by the one loved. We all have our times and chances set differently by providence. I see my wife's face as I lift a cane to spank my kids... I quikly drop it back and rush to my room and cry.

4 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by delishpot: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
nairalife2013:
yep. I love my wife so much. One, she is very pretty and fair and has back n front axle and is 4wheel drive grin with average body and height. If u hav ever seen kim, then u are a lucky man - u have seen my wife! But she doesnt pose necked outside o, incase they ask u. She walkd round the house unclad tho till d kids started comin and she got really pissed claiming they hinder her from parading her mouthwatering wares to the full glare of her dickhappy chubby!!! My first kid was just abt a yr old when she stood at the lobby as I walk pass with careless abandon, clad in my tight pants with my macho bulge well visible in the morning cold, she looked at me with childish awe and enquired : dadi is dat yur own bumbum in yur own pampers!...

Lol

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by delishpot: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
nairalife2013:
truth is, if u love yur wife so much, probably due to her beauty or obedience and respect or unconditional love for u, the affection will spill over to yur kids in ample supply. Sometimes more and more love is inspired by certain sacrifice put up or endured by the one loved. We all have our times and chances set differently by providence. I see my wife's face as I lift a cane to spank my kids... I quikly drop it back and rush to my room and cry.

Dont worry. You do not need a cane sef. Just spank the bombom with your hands and thats it.

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
delishpot:

Dont worry. You do not need a cane sef. Just spank the bombom with your hands and thats it.
well. I ll try. But u wont understand...
Before I got married to my wife, I was desperate to make a choice that satisfies me. I needed some1 with natural flare for simplicity in heart. I tried others but no one worked. One nite, I came back from work. I have tried everything to bring the peak of her anger to fore but non ever brought glaring results. I got into the house, pull off my cloths and sauntered to the kitchen. In the kitchen, I called her to come. She came in. I raised my voice... I hate to reminisce on this anyway...
I spanked her, pushed her out of the house and lock my door. It was 7pm. She stood there and cry and beg me, her sweet mild voice mingled with the pattering sounds of the rain. I knew I went too far. I bled inside. I should have known her by now, that she will never curse me or show habbits of excessive anger. It was not in her. But my Heart wanted to see it all and I had to push her that much to the wall to confirm. "I would have gone, but I dont think I can live a day without u. Pls forgive me." She finally ushered out and wept uncontrollably.
I opened the door and brought her in.
I hitherto tried that with some ladies. Variously, they cursed me and Left! thro the years, I have been dumbfounded by her humility and respect for the man, upon her beauty. Such ladies are known to be stubborn the world over! May be something in me weaken her also and made her love me like I was the only man on earth. I was a man with ladies around me. Good, real good-looking ladies of my age and younger. Those older than me were flings. Boys of nowadays call such men badtboys. I expected her to flee from me when she found out who I truly was. But she fell more in love at finding out. I bacame a prize worth keeping and keeping well.
I constantly chuckled at men who profess they could die for who they love as wife. Now I apologise to them all. I was wrong chuckling at them.
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Haywhymido(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
One of the best thing in the world is to be raised up yoruba parent. The experience, am telling u, u can't hear it all

3 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Diamondgirl68: 1:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Lol what a story, this brings so many memories specially the koboko sticks, my mother used those and the fear of what those sticks can do, kept me from alot of trouble. She also used the switch (the tender limb of a tree, its size and width vary) Mother was very strict and had told us not to stay past 7 pm. When you are young and theres some kind of fair or entertainment one forgets, such was the case with me in that particular summer day of July 1974, I was 6 yrs old. I forgot about the time, it wasnt until 12 midnight that i remembered. The dread i felt upon returning home, i knew my mother was going to spank me and just the thought was agony. That night i got the hardest thrashing of my life, my screams could be heard in the heavens (my mother hit very hard), i promised il never stay late again, while she continued whipping my backside. The following day i couldnt sit, such was her wrath. Needless to say I never stayed late after that incident. My mother was a strong disciplinarian but she also loved us. After my corporal punishment came the reconciliation time, i had to get up and embrace my mother, sometimes i was not so willing to do this as the pain on my posterior was still fresh and burning but i did not want a repetition of her wrath for my defiant attitude, so i swallowed my pride and gave my mother her embrace. To this day I could never hate her no matter how many whippings i received from her. She raised me and the rest of my 8 siblings (4 girls, 4 boys) with the bible in one hand and the hickory switch on the other (she was a firm believer in applying "the rod of correction" and we felt its sting when we were out of line) While everyone else was doing drugs, stealing, getting into gangs, going the wrong path. We were in church, going to school, helping around the house and respecting my mother. If we erred to the wrong ways, the sting of that switch would immeditely redirect the behavior. My mother raised us all by herself she became both father and mother to us when we were young. I will forever be grateful to her.

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by wadetaw202: 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Biola2610:
HOW SPANKING SAVED MY LIFE

A few days ago, I saw the picture of a lady in her thirties online and the caption written told that she was still missing. She had been missing for a couple of months. And a few days just before then I had seen yet again, the picture of a little boy that had made rounds on the internet for quite some time. He is still missing too.

Pictures like this make my heart skip a beat. It reminds me that many years ago, posters like those could have been circulated with my picture on them.

I grew up in a house where every child had her turn at being the ‘errand child’. At that stage of your life, you do the dishes after a meal; you are the one that goes to blend pepper, who goes to buy something urgently needed from the street mallam (neighborhood retailer). Sometimes it’s fun being the errand child but many times, it is not because you could be asked to go get something just when you are watching your favorite cartoon.

I remember, a certain day many years ago (my teenage years) when I was the chief errand girl. That beautiful day I had been asked to go and buy wheat bread from the eatery called Mr. Biggs. In those days, many bread vendors did not sell wheat bread like we now have, so we had to go a couple of meters away to buy it.

After buying the bread, I stood at the bus-stop which was just across the road opposite the eatery, I knew I was being lazy because I could actually walk down but I wanted to take a short bus ride instead. While I stood there waiting for the bus, a young man came to meet me and asked for directions to a particular address. As fate would have it, I happen to know the area he was trying to find but not the address itself. I told him he was on the wrong track because the place was the other side of town.

He started to look confused and went on to say how he was not familiar with Lagos and he had goods worth a huge sum to claim at the address. As best as I could, I described to him where he had to walk to and from there either get the right connecting bus or just take a cab. He pleaded with me nicely to make it easier by taking him there and he would compensate my effort and time with a gold wristwatch.

When I heard him say ‘gold wristwatch’ I quickly pictured myself flaunting it. I shall be a proud owner of a gold wristwatch at that young age, waoh! Mummy’s ‘shakara’ will end! Because she just never lets us go near her valuable jewelries. Besides, the place is not so far so I could quickly go and still return in good time with the bread.

As a smart girl, I contained my excitement and didn’t let the man see through me, but just as I was going to decide on whether to take him there or not, another man who had been standing just nearby chose not to mind his business and intruded by saying ´´sister, help him´´. I had to give him the ‘why don’t you mind your business’ look.

You know, when God wants to save your ass, it’s in a way you least expect it. Just as I was going to finally decide to take him there, I remembered the two loooong koboko (canes) behind my mother’s bed!

Those two things can reset anything that requires resetting in the life of a child. The fear of what those sticks can do is what makes you behave, not even the spanking itself. How do I explain how I got the wristwatch when I am fully aware that even people she knows well, there is a limit to which we must accept gifts from them? Infact, if her younger sister, my aunt, should give us anything in her absence we dare not eat or use it till she permits us to do so. How then do I explain collecting a wristwatch…no, a GOLD wristwatch from a stranger?! The beating will be on earth but I am sure I shall feel the pain in heaven.

And so, the fear of koboko made me tell the man to help himself. Just at that moment, a bus arrived and I left immediately. Would you believe that I looked back and saw both men talking to each other in a manner one could tell that they were familiar with each other!

Later that night, when mom got back home from work I confidently told her what had transpired earlier in the day when I went to buy daddy’s wheat bread…after all, I didn’t collect the wristwatch so the gist will be sweet. I had not even finished when she screamed ´´ha! awon gbomogbomo!´´ meaning ha! Kidnappers!

I was puzzled at her exclamation, and she started saying how there had been lots of stories in the news of missing persons and people who had been hypnotized and duped. In short, we had a family meeting that night and got new instructions;

if anyone talks to you do not answer, if anyone asks you for description to any address start running and scream ´´e gbami o! gbomogbomo!(help me! kidnapper!).

Personally, I felt my mom was just being dramatic until a few weeks later I was going to my aunt’s house and while I stood at the bus-stop again, waiting for a connecting bus, I heard a soft voice ´´ fine girl…´´.

When you are a target, you will definitely be fine!

Anyway, I didn’t turn because I thought it was a cheap toaster. Besides playing hard to get, I was not even in the mood because I had stood there for a while under the scorching sun and no bus seemed to be forthcoming. The voice came again, “fine girl, it’s you I am talking to´´.

Angrily, I was responding and turning my head in his direction “is it not obvious I am igno….´´ I couldn’t finish the sentence because standing there was the same man who had asked me for description a few weeks ago about 6 kilometers away from where we now stood! He wanted to do the same thing here but apparently didn’t recognize me.

´´ It is you this man again?! E gbami o! Gbomogbomo!´´ I started shouting remembering my mom’s instruction. I didn’t have to say it a second time before the man vanished. The painful part was that it happened so fast that by the time people turned in my direction, he had disappeared and I stood there like Little Miss Foolish.

You would however agree with me that feeling foolish is nothing compared to being kidnapped. If I had not remembered the pains of spanking, maybe someone else would be writing this post about me because if those men had succeeded that first time, who knows what could have become of me? I might not have even been killed with my body parts removed. I could have been hypnotized and robbed.

Not everyone has been that lucky.

This isn’t to say I am encouraging parents to spank their kids just to teach them these same lessons of being careful with strangers, but I am of the opinion that however you choose to do it, ensure your kids know not to trust strangers.

My heart goes out to everyone who might have lost a friend, brother, sister, uncle, aunty, child or even parent to these wicked people.

www.abenistales.com

It is RIGHT for parents to spank their kids. I mean very right. It is in the best interest of the child

2 Likes

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by wadetaw202: 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
nairalife2013:

You should do it because you love them

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Benbisco(f): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2017
nairalife2013:

You are just funny. Don't let your wife read this o. Especially the concluding sentences.

1 Like

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by nairalife2013(m): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
[quote author=Benbisco post=57207434]

You are just funny. Don't let your wife read this o. Especially the concluding sentences.
Thank God u have come. I was just looking for someone to talk to! She doesn't know my nl account. So seeing it she won't know am d one day posted it. I used to see every person am older than as a Father sees his child, or as a senior sibling sees his younger One. I once even spanked my wife and shoved her out of my house when we were dating! It's a long story. I later Begged her for forgiveness and got married to her. It's rare to be so beautiful yet so humble and tender and respectful even when u were faced with a reckless action by a man and u had all rights to insult him and leave, afterall you are pretty and well endowed and he is just one man out of a hundred begging for your attention. Now I love her like a mother loves her child. U know that kind of love that comes with your heart aching u! Now everything related to her attracts Real love and care. For more than 10years since Marriage, my wife still follow me everywhere and We chat all day like teenagers in love. There's hardly a time her hand leaves my shoulder. I just finished elbowing her rips To leave me alone and just now she's there at it again! My kids to me... Beat anyone of them now, he or she will be crying and still shifting to your side. Move one inch, they follow u and cry in your face and Make efforts at snugglIng into your armpit to stay there and cry! When I was single and used to spank younger people a lot, that's exactly how their mom behaved whether she was guilty of the offence or not. Now it scares me when I make out to beat any of them! God help me.
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
Dear mum, it's God that will bless u for not sparing the rod of correction from us cheesy
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by Viking007(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
wadetaw202:

It is RIGHT for parents to spank their kids. I mean very right. It is in the best interest of the child
This should be on front page. Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by itiswellandwell: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
This is front page worthy. Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! by yvesboss(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Since 2015..this post is still so valid

(1) (Reply)

How Much Of Arguments Is Unhealthy In A Relationship? / How Many Of You Ladies Remember Wearing This Type Of Shoe With Laced Socks / How To Startup a P.O.S Business that will make you Money every single day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.