Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin (142720 Views)

Best Dressed Nigerian Female Celebrities Of 2017 / 7 Controversial Celebrities Of 2016 / Celebrities Of Ekiti Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
Known as the “Salt of the Nation” because of its large salt deposits, Ebonyi State is one of the 36 states in Nigeria. It was created in 1996, making it one of the youngest states in Nigeria. The State shares a border with Benue State to the North, Enugu State to the west, Imo and Abia States to the south and Cross River State to the east.

The State capital and largest town is Abakaliki. The second largest town is Afikpo. Other towns are Ikwo, Izzi, Onicha, Edda, Onueke, Ezzamgbo, Nkalagu, Uburu, Ishiagu, Amasiri and Okposi.

For administrative purposes, Ebonyi State is divided into three Senatorial Zones, including:

Ebonyi North – comprising Abakaliki, Ebonyi, Ishielu, Ohaukwu and lzzi LGAs
Ebonyi Central – comprising Ikwo, Ezza North and Ezza South LGAs
Ebonyi South – comprising Afikpo North, Afikpo South, lvo, Ohaozara and Onicha LGAs

http://www.ebonyionline.com/about-ebonyi-state/

Like most Nigerian States, the young State has also produced a handful of NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES who have distinguished themselves in their chosen career lines. Below is a list of CELEBRITIES OF EBONYI STATE ORIGIN. The list is in no way, exhaustive and in no particular arrangement.

P.S. Instead of littering this thread with hate comments/remarks, I would rather you create one for your state so that we can all celebrate them and have ample information on them (your state celebrities)

1. OSINACHI KALU (SINACH)

“I am Osinachi Kalu, the second daughter of seven children. I am from Ebonyi State. I studied Physics at the University of Port Harcout, Rivers State. I discovered I had a talent and I pursued my passion rather than practicing my profession. My objective in the music ministry was to write songs for the church alone. But there was a great demand to make my songs available to other people, hence, the need to launch this new album.”

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/7009/27/negative-criticisms-put-me-off-sinach.html

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by madridguy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
@ OP , AM SURE YOU ARE FROM EBONYI STATE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
2. PATORANKING

Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie popularly known as Patoranking was born on May 27, 1990. Patoranking is an indigene of Ebonyi State in the South Eastern part of Nigeria. He is a reggae dancehall singer and songwriter.

Patoranking grew up in Ijegun Egba satellite town but later moved to Ebute Metta. He had his early education at Citizen Comprehensive College Epe and later attended Jibril Martin Memorail Grammar School, Iponri.

Patoranking began his career in the music industry as a street jam and carnival dancer. He has as his musical influences, artists like: Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Tuface, Majek Fashek and some others.

Patoranking has done collabs with other Nigerian Musicians like Timaya. His hit single titled “Girlie o” shot him to limelight in February 2014. This hit single was born out of him signing a record deal with Foston Musik. Later in the year 2014, he did a remix of the song “Girlie O” which featured Tiwa Savage.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
3. ANGELA OKORIE

The beautiful actress hails from Ishiagu - IVO LGA of Ebonyi State. She attended LASU where she bagged a degree in Public Administration. She joined Nollywood officially in 2009.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
4. GRACE AMAH

Nollywood actress, Grace Amah is from Ebunwana-Edda in Ebonyi State Nigeria. Her first movie was Chain Reaction (1999). Since then, she has gone on to establish herself as a popular face in movies and on TV. She was also part of the TV series that aired in the Nigerian Television Authority NTA, between 2002 and 2003.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
5. CHACHA EKEH

The name Chacha Eke (Charity Eke) has become a very popular one in the Nigerian movie scene. This AFIKPO Ebony beauty can keep your eyes glued to the screen with her alluring looks, charm and acting skills.

Schools: She attended ESUT Nursery and Primary School, Ebonyi State, Our Lord Shepherd International School, Enugu and Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki…

Acting: She started acting November 2009 via the platform of “Miss Nollywood Talent hunt/Pageantry” … which she was one of the contestants…

Her father, a Professor, is current the Ebonyi State Commissioner for Education.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
6. CHITA AGWU

Delectable movie star Chita Agwu is one actress who has warmed her way into the hearts of many with her humble disposition and alluring looks. The Ebonyi State-born actress ventured into Nollywood through the help of a star actress Oge Okoye and today, she has made a mark with her dexterity in the ever-growing movie industry. A graduate of Mass Communication from Ebonyi State University, the light-complexioned damsel has added broadcasting to her profile as she now anchors a program titled Akanchawa on DSTV.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
7. DIAMOND ADAEZE IGWE

Since her early emergence on the movie scene in 2004, the Ebonyi State-born Computer Engineering graduate of Enugu State University of Technology (ESUT) has always been a fantasy to most producers and movie-buffs. “That’s the truth. But I know that I like being the best I could be in anything I’m doing, maybe that is the magic. It’s through that it marvels some people, but in or behind the scene I have nothing but my best which I offer on screen.”

Recently, the Nollywood diva, Diamond Adaeze Igwe staged a multi-million naira wedding for her twin brother, Peter Igwe in the bubbling city of Abakiliki, Ebonyi State.

The glamorous wedding which remains the talk of the town held at the Shiloh Hall of Widow Care. It also witnessed a huge turn-out following the presence of some Nollywood stars who were the cynosure of guests at the event.

According to the Ebonyi-born thespian, “Not that my twin brother doesn’t have what it takes to host such event like that, but personally I told him to keep whatever thing he has that I will fix the bill. And to the glory of God, it held and that doesn’t mean I have arrived or gotten much to lavish. I only saw that as an opportunity to show my twin brother some love. Besides, such event is for lifetime,” she retorted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by WhatDoYouMean: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP , AM SURE YOU ARE FROM EBONYI STATE.

Yea, Proudly from Ebonyi State.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good one bro,keep it up
WhatDoYouMean:

Yea, Proudly from Ebonyi State.

Cc lalasticala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by comrChris(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2015
wooow wonderful never know this and some dumbies will still be insulting ebonyians, check out those states created with ebonyi some of them are no marsh to ebonyi
thank God we are getting there why some are busy hating
God bless afikpo north
God bless ebonyi state
God bless south east/south south
God bless nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Patebere(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Waoh! Proudly Ebonyian. And my place is got two of this celebs, Sinach and Grace Amah. @Afikpo South LGA (EDDA)

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Young03(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
op, if I break my state people ...una go close mouth...z
proudly nwa 042

oringo city

proudly NSK

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by onyekachee(f): 1:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Actually nice to know they are from ebonyI but I really don't know if this piece of info will cure diezani of her ailment.#justsaying

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by sol2galay: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2016
How about Teckno? I heard he is from Okposi in Ebonyi state. Can anybody confirm this?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by umehmj(m): 11:07am On Feb 11, 2016
Ekene Ijemba popularly known as Humble Smith is a graduate of University of Lagos, UniLag. The fifth child from a humble home of 8 children, he was born on May 4th, 1991 at abakaliki, Ebonyi State. The Afropop Artist initially known for his hit single Chairmoo has went on prove himself as a talented artist to watch out for, with the release of Osinachi, one of the best most played singles last year. Humblesmith’s Osinachi has topped various chart and continues to receive massive airplay both TV and on radio. He has worked withe likes of Phyno, Mr. Dimz, Jokes, feokee etc. Humble Smith Singles includes: Osinachi featuring Phyno Chairmoo produced by Mr. Dimz Na you Nominated as the rookie of the year ( 2015 ), by The Headies Award 2015

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by umehmj(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Tekno miles is the youngest member of the Made Men Music Group (Triple MG) referred to as “the chris brown of Nigeria” due to his talent as a singer and dance style, he is from a family of 4 brothers and 1 sister from okposi, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Tekno Miles has been playing piano since the age of eight w hen his father enrolled him into a music class and later learnt how to play other instrument like drums, and guitar. He was intially under K. Money before signing for Triple MG label

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by umehmj(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2016
Born Genevieve Ogbuewu, Splash is a young rapper from Ebonyi State and holds a degree in English Language from Ebonyi State University. Presently signed onto August Pee Entertainment, the young rapper began her music hustle when she relocated to Lagos a few years ago and worked with top music labels before finding home in a fresh and enterprising label August Pee Entertainment. In her words "August Pee is that Label I have always dreamed of because I am working with people who understand me and we have a very strong chemistry, hence my reason to stick with them". The pretty faced rapper who raps mostly in Ibo language grew up listening to the likes of bone thugs and harmony, later Jay Z and Mode 9.Her mission in music is simply to take over and rule as a leading rapper not just for ladies but the entire music industry. Her debut single tagged "Church Agbasa" is produced by Sahara and Sainty and was mixed and mastered by Ace music producer VC Perez

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by umehmj(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Andy Chukwu is a frontline Nigerian
film director, script writer
and humanitarian, and has produced and directed many movies. popular among his works is Mr Ibu 2004.

He hails from ishiagu in Ebonyi State

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
wao...never knew these people were from Ebonyi look at Ebonyi of yesterday don de pull weight

mynd44 lalasticlala show Ebonyi people some love abeg
i sure say if ogun or Anambra release their own everywhere go full

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by murphyibiam15(m): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
thats cool...Ebonyi,one of the smallest States is waxing stronger day by day..
MissyB3 ijebabe Fynestboi abeg help celebrate Ebonyi and push it to fp..thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by hakinze00(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mtcheww wich state no get celebrity? So wich one be ol dis list of 100 celebrities 4m so so nd so states.well act of joblessness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by harmless011: 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nice
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Proud Ebonyian grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by orlarbissy(f): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dats good
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by thefakestan: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Who diz threads don ep abeg?

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Shortyy(f): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tekno kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by burnexcessfats(f): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nice
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Glossyclick(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
But Imo State na Baba
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by Suspect33(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
are you living your purpose on earth? Where would you be now if you died a minute ago? In heaven rejoicing with the saints or in hell tormented with the condemned for eternity? You have just one life to decide where you'll spend eternity, dont lose your soul unto pleasure and sin, accept Jesus today and turn from your sins, repent and be saved. God bless you

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin by kirchofff(m): 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Young03:
op, if I break my state people ...una go close mouth...z

proudly nwa 042

oringo city

proudly NSK
chop knuckle nwa nna

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favourite Female Nickelodeon Channel Celeb / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You? / Davido Holds Chioma’s Boobs At Adewale Adeleke And Kani's White Wedding In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.