Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Church And Christian Promiscuity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church And Christian Promiscuity (1855 Views)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? / Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church And Christian Promiscuity by huxley(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
Evangelical forms of Christianity is sweeping the world apace but recent research reveals that the majority of the evangelical population are simply people who have converted from other Christian denominations into Evangelicalism. The proportion of brand new converts is much much smaller than inter-christian sect conversions. In fact, this is such a great cause for concern for the Vatican, especially in places like African, where the growth of evangelicalism over the last two decades has seen a major reduction in Catholic numbers.

The evnagelical movement is fronted by a multitude of high-profile and spectacular and flamboyant ministers who are now able to "plant" churches in many parts of the world. The likes of Adeboye, Deya, JB Joshua, Hinn, Pastor Chris, etc, etc, etc now have ministries in many countries across the world and patronise glossy TV channels to spread their muck into the homes of millions. I personally know of many Africa homes where they watch nothing else but these rubbish.

For the large part, these ministers/pastors/bishops are speaking to the choir or converted audience. Their message is really aimed at those already disposed to believe the non-sense they spout out. They target the flocks or followers of other ministers, essentially. When a follower of one minister gets disillusioned with a certain pastor/minister, he/she simply turns around and starts attending the service of a rival minister, transfering his/her tithes payments to the new ministry, much to the delight of the new pastor and chagrin of the old. Such musical chair is essentail what happens in the modern evangelical movements, and I see this amongst my family and friends who are adherents of their pastors.

The testimony of the Nairalander SirJohn is a case in point, in which he describes how he becomes disaffected as a follower of Pastor Chris, having discovered the scam perpetrated by the pastor. I don't know who he follows now, but he is ripe material for sucking into some other charismatic pastor. Essentially these churches compete for the same gullible audience, with the audience regularly moving from one whorehouse to another.
Re: Church And Christian Promiscuity by tpia: 4:53am On Mar 24, 2009
Re: Church And Christian Promiscuity by noetic(m): 4:58am On Mar 26, 2009
huxley:

Evangelical forms of Christianity is sweeping the world apace but recent research reveals that the majority of the evangelical population are simply people who have converted from other Christian denominations into Evangelicalism.  The proportion of brand new converts is much much smaller than inter-christian sect conversions.  In fact, this is such a great cause for concern for the Vatican, especially in places like African, where the growth of evangelicalism over the last two decades has seen a major reduction in Catholic numbers.

The evnagelical movement is fronted by a multitude of high-profile and spectacular and flamboyant ministers who are now able to "plant" churches in many parts of the world.  The likes of Adeboye, Deya, JB Joshua, Hinn, Pastor Chris, etc, etc, etc now have ministries in many countries across the world and patronise glossy TV channels to spread their muck into the homes of millions.  I personally know of many Africa homes where they watch nothing else but these rubbish.

For the large part, these ministers/pastors/bishops are speaking to the choir or  converted audience.  Their message is really aimed at those already disposed to believe the non-sense they spout out.  They target the flocks or followers of other ministers, essentially. When a follower of one minister gets disillusioned with a certain pastor/minister, he/she simply turns around and starts attending the service of a rival minister, transfering his/her tithes payments to the new ministry, much to the delight of the new pastor and chagrin of the old.  Such musical chair is essentail what happens in the modern evangelical movements, and I see this amongst my family and friends who are adherents of their pastors.

The testimony of the Nairalander SirJohn is a case in point, in which he describes how he  becomes disaffected as a follower of Pastor Chris, having discovered the scam perpetrated by the pastor. I don't know who he follows now, but he is ripe material for sucking into some other charismatic pastor.  Essentially these churches compete for the same gullible audience, with the audience regularly moving from one whorehouse to another.

Who is the gullible one here. . . . 
a).    someone without a rational, cohorent and logical thought? Someone who cannot substantiate the basis of his disbelief?
b).     someone who chooses to believe the omnipotent one?

I will go for (a). But for ur insecurity and irrationality, u shouldnt be bothered with people who believe in what u dont believe. u need a radical reawakening.

(1) (Reply)

Recognise The False Prophets / Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? / The Plan And Strategies Of The Queen Of Coast Against Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.