Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA (11970 Views)

Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace / Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria's Airspace - GCAA / Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
LAGOS — The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority, GCAA, has denied reports that Ghana manages the airspace of Nigeria over the Gulf of Guinea.
According to the GCAA, Ghana only manages the airspace of Togo and Benin.

Deputy Director General, Finance and Administration of Ghana Civil Aviation Authority Abdullai Alhassan, disclosed that International Civil Aviation Organization, ICAO, has sent a delegation to Nigeria to ascertain the truth concerning President Muhammadu Buhari’s order to Nigeria’s Ministry of Aviation to take over the security of the nation’s airspace over the Gulf of Guinea from Ghana.

Alhassan said: “At the international civil aviation level, they have sent the regional director to Nigeria to find out exactly what they mean because Ghana is not managing the airspace of Nigeria. Unlike Togo and Benin, where we manage their airspace, we do not know about the management of the Nigeria’s airspace.”

Alhassan disclosed that the IATA council is handling the issue and in fact they have even sent a delegation to Nigeria to ascertain the truth in the matter since they are all aware that Ghana does not manage the airspace of Nigeria.

The latest development follows reports that President Buhari has directed the Ministry of Aviation to take over from Ghana, the management of the Nigerian airspace in the Gulf of Guinea.

He is reported to have given the directive at the State House in Abuja last week while receiving a briefing from top officials of the ministry led by Permanent Secretary, Hajiya Binta Bello.

The permanent secretary later told State House journalists that Buhari ordered her ministry to begin the process of securing the management of the Nigerian airspace which, she noted, Ghana had been managing since 1945.

The permanent secretary said Togo and Benin Republic had equally concluded arrangements to take over their airspaces from Ghana.
“We have a directive by the president to start the process of securing the management of the Nigerian airspace over the Gulf of Guinea which Ghana has been maintaining since 1945, and there is a move on the ground by Togo and Republic of Benin to take over their own airspace from Ghana,” she said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/ghana-does-not-manage-nigerias-airspace-gcaa/
Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by repogirl(f): 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
So who come dey manage am nah? Abi is it managing itself...I wont be surprised sef, dis one wey all of Naija dey on auto pilot so. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by ELTON123(m): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
See lie undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
A party built on lies and propaganda needs more lies and propaganda to manage the bigger than life image they have created of Buhari. So what do they do? They manufacture more lies... grin grin Lie-inception.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
repogirl:
So who come dey manage am nah? Abi is it managing itself...I wont be surprised sef, dis one wey all of Naija dey on auto pilot so. undecided

Nigeria has always managed her airspace. As a matter of fact, Nigeria's Doppler radar system covers up to Benin Republic.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by repogirl(f): 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
huangcheng:

Nigeria has always managed her airspace. As a matter of fact, Nigeria's Doppler radar system covers up to Benin Republic.
oh really? Then how come our dullard sorry Oga at the top and also the equally dullard perm. sec. believe that Ghana has been managing it since 1945?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
repogirl:
oh really? Then how come our dullard sorry Oga at the top and also the equally dullard perm. sec. believe that Ghana has been managing it since 1945?

Fela called it "Confusion breaky bone - yepa". grin I'm more interested in who's confused between Buhari and Ghana? I will choose Buhari cos seems lost.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by repogirl(f): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
huangcheng:

Fela called it "Confusion breaky bone - yepa". grin I'm more interested in who's confused between Buhari or Ghana? I will choose Buhari cos he's brainless.
ouch..but lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Cannonleo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
some people are deliberately avoiding this thread

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by dhantey324(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hw do we stop PMB frm misyarning?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Flets: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
At the end of 4years, no serious international group or individual will take Buhari's words seriously.

Our ancient president is stuck between dementia and immense propaganda.

He said US gave him crude looters list, the US govt denied that

He said he reached an greement for arms deal before heading to the US, the US govt denied him with Leahy's law

He said the US will help him recover the stolen loot in their economy, the US/ UK turned back to point him to Asia and some parts of Europe to find the stolen funds

West Germany, President Michelle, All people's confidence etc are popular words attributed to our dinosaur

Buhari should stop talking.... Osibande should start talking on his behalf. Enough of the embarrasments.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by kellyJames5(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
So who's lying now

But it better not be true o cause this will paint both the Perm Sec. And the President black.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by obailala(m): 12:50am On Aug 13, 2015
Obviously, no one has been managing or securing the Nigerian airspace for a long time. The PDP in their usual schemes must have looted the monies meant for this and then deceived the entire nation that the airspace is being managed by Ghana.

Now parade has changed gear and the truth is beginning to fall out, albeit in an embarassing way for the new governement.

I smell another probe.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by obailala(m): 12:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Flets:
At the end of 4years, no serious international group or individual will take Buhari's words seriously.

He said he reached an greement for arms deal before heading to the US, the US govt denied him with Leahy's law

He said the US will help him recover the stolen loot in their economy, the US/ UK turned back to point him to Asia and some parts of Europe to find the stolen funds

West Germany, President Michelle, All people's confidence etc are popular words attributed to our dinosaur

Buhari should stop talking.... Osibande should start talking on his behalf. Enough of the embarrasments.
For all the things you've just listed that PMB said, did you hear him or his official spokespersons say them? or did you hear about them from some silly blogs? Or are they just products of your imagination?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by nnachukz(m): 12:56am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:
Obviously, no one has been managing or securing the Nigerian airspace for a long time. The PDP in their usual schemes must have looted the monies meant for this and then deceived the entire nation that the airspace is being managed by Ghana.

Now parade has changed gear and the truth is beginning to fall out, albeit in an embarassing way for the new governement.

I smell another probe.

really? who made the first claim that Ghana is managing our airspace? PDP or Buhari? Buharians lack shame.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by nnachukz(m): 1:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Until buhari end up in court to defend his incessant careless statements he may never learn to crosscheck things before going to the press. Buharians shamelessly will defend whatever he/APC says even when it is discovered to be lies.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Dull@rdinho grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by obailala(m): 1:13am On Aug 13, 2015
nnachukz:
really? who made the first claim that Ghana is managing our airspace? PDP or Buhari? Buharians lack shame.
Calm down boy... Buhari only became president 3 months ago and to have made that statement, he was only reading from a script (handover notes) handed over to him by the PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by ki02020(m): 1:15am On Aug 13, 2015
This is confussing.....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by nnachukz(m): 1:31am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:
Calm down boy... Buhari only became president 3 months ago and to have made that statement, he was only reading from a script (handover notes) handed over to him by the PDP.
1. Don't call somebody you don't know boy.
2. Don't say what you are not sure of. if you must do so, make it clear that you are implying, that way it will just be an opinion. Back to your statement, were you the one that gave him the handover notes to have known what was written inside it or were you there when he was reading it out from the note? Buhari has not said that PDP said so either in writing or verbally to him. So how then do you come to such conclusion you made above.

23 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:
See how you engage in disjointed misyarns

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-orders-takeover-of-nigerian-airspace-from-ghana/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Flets: 1:52am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:
For all the things you've just listed that PMB said, did you hear him or his official spokespersons say them? or did you hear about them from some silly blogs? Or are they just products of your imagination?

Typical of Buharist...... you'll soon deny Buhari's order

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-orders-takeover-of-nigerian-airspace-from-ghana/

14 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by chronique(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Shaking my head for Nigeria. When I heard that news report initially,I was confused. I started wondering what the role of the NCAA and other agencies in charge of our airspace,were doing. It just didn't make any sense to say Ghana was managing our airspace. Now that the Ghanians have denied managing our airspace,Buhari should tell us where He got his info from.

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Flets:

brother, buhari na ancestor.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:

no, ur d one that said it all

1 Like

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by maddock(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2015
imhotep:

See how you engage in disjointed misyarns

If you wailers can read properly in the Punch report it was the Bello that told PMB that Ghana have been managing the airspace since 1940s. So all this shit is not about PMB but the former goverment, like someone rightly said here somebody somewhere have been collecting monies and doing nothing then.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by bamosagie(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:

I smell another probe.

I doubt if you believe your own story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
OAM4J, Afam4eva, Seun, Lalasticlala This news is very important to refute the lies being peddled by the APC to embarrass the previous administration.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by vedaxcool(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2015
huangcheng:
OAM4J, Afam4eva, Seun, Lalasticlala [s]This news is very important to refute the lies being peddled by the APC to embarrass the previous administration.

Cheers.[/s]

Did you not read about other countries trying to take over their airspace from Ghana namely Togo and Benin?
Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Goke7: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2015
Only ignorant folks though I don't blame them Will listen to the idiots from Ghana, I have been attending a search and rescue meeting for some years now where this issue has been discussed, Nigeria is loosing a lot of money to Ghana as airlines who use this airspace pay to Ghana instead of Nigeria so who does not expect Ghana to deny. I know about this issue personally so I don't need Buhari, ICAO or Ghana to tell me whether its true or not. Ghana is about to loose huge revenue so I understand their frustration, nonsense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria’s Airspace - GCAA by Goke7: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:

I smell another probe.

Oh boy u sabi the matter well, only ignorant folks will start wailing but the truth is Ghana has been enjoying the revenue from the airspace due to our careless agencies who lack understanding of international conventions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children / Moses Ogbonna Resigns As Abia PDP Organizing Secretary / Lawyer Petitions INEC Over Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.