Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (34216 Views)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / 5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by STENON(f): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
eaccyboy:
can u teach in sokoto? Send me ur mail...at easzy88@yahoo.com cuz ma friend is going for his M.Sc and same field....in d sch d outgoing teacher recommend....but get atleast 2.2...I make up to 60k/month plus outside lesson ooo
Thanks, My place is very far from sokoto, Bt I'v recommended your post to another Person. Thank you and I'm very grateful sir.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by horladmejy(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Who go give me job now? Since all of una Dan dey work....I fit learn Chinese too...job na job grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by fpeter(f): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
The best way is still networking,tell everybody you know and i mean anyone
wherever and whenever you meet people, tell them! do not hesitate to tell
people about your need for a job until it registers in their memory, that way
whenever the opportunity calls, folks will easily remember you...I got my job
by so doing, i became a kinda nuisance but it paid off nonetheless. grin

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
I got my first job b4 I finished service through referral, got my second n third job through Nairaland, got my current job through referral.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nakuza(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
God finally did it at the right time. I will share how it happen latter.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Tczar(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pls,i also need a job i studied mathematics ( Bsc)Tunjiazeez24@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kaythinks(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
kamez:
got my current job as a quality control Engr (for a telecoms form) from guardian newspaper.

6months after my Nysc

.. I had a lots of certification during service thanx to my allowed. so I had extra advantage during the interview.

I am a graduate of elect./elect. engineering with interest in Telecoms.Let God use you to bless me bro.
kaythinks@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by GoldenJAT(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Was quite inspiring reading frm d very 1st post 2d last, be4 commenting... Be it Tru connection, grade frm school or by sheer luck.. Evry1 Wil av sumthin doin, wen d time is right....told sum frnds sumtime ago, dt 1 has 2 start from sum where especially wen u are a fresh graduate.. Sum pple kip on lukin 4 jobs with very high pay, if it comes suddenly better, if not, make do with any little job.. Any1 that can help with any little job will be greatly appreciated. POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS IS MY DISCIPLINE.. JATTUAKA@YAHOO.COM..PRESENTLY IN PORTHARCOURT.. 07063660625

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nakuza(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
God finally did it at the right time. I will share how it happen later.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by OduntanGabriel(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
I hope this will be an opportunity for me.... I am a fresh graduate who just finished his NYSC this year, Studied marketing, lagos state university... please this is my email goduntan007@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by alaricsaltzman: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lullabye:
My present job was my PPA (nysc service year) when nysc was still posting corps member to private firms, and I was retained. That was 5 years ago, and its an IT firm
Hi...I sent you a PM. please reply
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by fpeter(f): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
omokeji1958:
i got the my first job through hotnigerianjobs i earn 90,000 plus other allowance making 115,000(fortunately met one of my [b]else colleague at the interview). i got the present one through referrer am earning 166,000 (through my else senior colleague as well)[/b]

Are you Yoruba?? It is EX not else undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kaythinks(m): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a graduate of elect./elect engineering and i just completed my NYSC programme.
If God is ministering to you to help me. Please do contact me via kaythinks@gmail.com
thanks.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by dayojags10(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
I was quite blessed, I know people that know people. ..
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Any employed lawyer in the house
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
please I need a job! link me up Londongal02@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
I got mine on march this year, if was like a dream, its a miracle!

I thank God for everything

God is good, all the time
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by TeddyPendergrass(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
I applied for a job, found out the companies HR contact number called them and enquired about the position then I hit them with the wam. they called me and the rest is history they say. Am currently serving too btw
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
londongal03:
please I need a job! link me up Londongal02@gmail.com

Londongal*

Is there no job in london grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Currently in uni (about to start second year). I replied to an ad by my university's jobshop, went in for the interview along with about 20 other candidates. Thankfully, I'd had previous experience that I thought didn't count at the time.

Even though I arrived about 35 minutes late for the interview (accidentally went to the wrong interview taking place in the same building embarassed), from there I got my first (real) job as an international student ambassador during the holidays before I came home. I enjoyed working there and it was really good pay too grin

Never be afraid to step out of your comfort zone cool

All this "na connection alone" stuff sounds like a defeatist mentality to me, to be honest.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kamez(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
kaythinks:
I am a graduate of elect./elect. engineering with interest in Telecoms.Let God use you to bless me bro.
kaythinks@gmail.com

send ur detailed CV and other necessary photocopies of ur certs to kamalualozie@yahoo.com.

pls note that I'm not making any promises, but I will .make sure ur CV gets to my company's HR dept.

One love
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
engrshakespeare:
All the responses I see here make me grateful for my line of job. My last major job was at Access bank where I resigned with a salary of about 114k. I indulged thereafter in many biznesses that didnt succeed until I started learning chinese. I never knew learning a language could pay so well. Now I am on a salary of 100k. The best part is I have options, other employers are trying to make me leave my employer on d promise of a higher pay so my employer knows my worth. I have never been asked for my cv, ability to speak d language is all I need. I dont like chinese pple per say but d ability to speak their language can put many plates of food on your table. Forget d course u read, I read Elect/Elect Engr but I have since switched to doing masters in Chinese language. If u are crying unemployment its ur fault, one year plus and u cn begin translating with a starting salary of 60k without cv.
Bro,am interested in this, can i have ur email
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by profsomebody(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
femsteve02:

when there are loads of teaching job that can pay 30k upward in my area in lagos
Bros pls help link me up for one of such jobs. I'm in Ogun state but very ready for relocation. I'm a graduate of accountancy.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Iyanusele(m): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
I studied Agricultural Extension & Management (HND).....shobandekehinde@gmail.com

I seriously need a job!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by profsomebody(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
eaccyboy:
After inviting me for test twice and i never responded to the invitation cos I was far away from the location wer d job offer came....later on dey still invit me for different position I later went for the aptitude test /oral interview of more dan hours about a week later I was offered d jab....teaching jab of 50k thou...av bin der for 6month now n av gotin me a rubber rubber daylong bike for easy transportatn...
Bros, help me o. If any vacancy. I'm a friendly gal on a and ready to do any noble job. An accountancy graduate. HND
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by profsomebody(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
engrshakespeare:
All the responses I see here make me grateful for my line of job. My last major job was at Access bank where I resigned with a salary of about 114k. I indulged thereafter in many biznesses that didnt succeed until I started learning chinese. I never knew learning a language could pay so well. Now I am on a salary of 100k. The best part is I have options, other employers are trying to make me leave my employer on d promise of a higher pay so my employer knows my worth. I have never been asked for my cv, ability to speak d language is all I need. I dont like chinese pple per say but d ability to speak their language can put many plates of food on your table. Forget d course u read, I read Elect/Elect Engr but I have since switched to doing masters in Chinese language. If u are crying unemployment its ur fault, one year plus and u cn begin translating with a starting salary of 60k without cv.
Broa, where did u learn d language? I've always wanted to learn Chinese and Spanish. Your reply will b appreciated
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lullabye:
My present job was my PPA (nysc service year) when nysc was still posting corps member to private firms, and I was retained. That was 5 years ago, and its an IT firm

See why that myopic NYSC posting Policy should be reverted.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shut(f): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
I love stories *following* wink
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Heymus(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes @op you can get a very nice job without any connection, nairaland job section is real! Just be good @ what you do. I got a nice job through this great section (nairaland job section). On the day of my interview, i performed excellently well and my boss had to give me 3k for my transport fare on that day. Have started working and whenever any position shows up he will tell the management to post it on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager / Dolapo Badmus Promoted To The Rank Of Chief Superintendent Of Police (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.