Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (34188 Views)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / 5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MissIndependent(f): 9:09am On Aug 18, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Still looking for a job... sad angry undecided
. angry

You keh? grin grin grin you wey be Ogakpatakpata for ABC bank
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by iyatrustee(f): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2015
ExInferis:

my god, you keep doing it!

haha i was just joking that your post has a....ahem...certain connotation about selling YOURSELF to clients. Look, never mind, was just a lousy joke.

Happy for you though!

Naughty me right? I definately wasn't talking about selling myself!

I noticed your innuendo earlier and needed to feed your imaginations. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2015
What did u study and did d job requires any experience wen u applied?
kamez:
got my current job as a quality control Engr (for a telecoms firm) through guardian newspaper just 6months after my Nysc in 2012.

.. I enrolled for lots of certifications during my service year, thanks to my allowee and so I had extra an advantage during the interview.

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ehix89(m): 10:47am On Aug 18, 2015
i'm a fresh graduate of computer science from a reputable institution,got skills in computer maintenance, repairs nd currently on intern in a telecommunication firm,,,seekin for a beta employment oppotunities,,,plz send me an email if u are interested in my services,,,,,,ehik4all@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tenaciousJ(f): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2015
I'm a fresh graduate,currently serving in enugu,I studied economics.pls I need a job my email is princewilljuliet@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2015
Plz sir, could u send me a copy of ur cv? Lemme use ur 4mat.... Plz u can send it tru my email: solomoneokoli@gmail.com. Thanks.

Fostercat:
I have gotten my last three jobs from jobberman.I got the one I am currently doing now in feb.this year and resumed in April.nice job.200k net/month.A brand new official car,pension scheme,National housing scheme and m edicals.13th month inclusive.

No small thanks to PWC for packaging the company.Will soon b goin to Europe for training.

Thanks to the God of MFM

NB:to get a good job ur cv MUST be professionally crafted with moderate job experience and above all be able to defend wat u have in the cv.Finally the bible says by ur strength U cannot prevail. Prayer is the key!
Though I only hav a 1yr internship xperienx in corrosion, bt I can still use ur format.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enitey(f): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2015
An ex course mate

A good friend.....fights for me like a brother

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2015
I studied Metallurgical/Materials Engineering (HND). Hav 1 yr experience in corrosion and would like d house to help if any opportunity comes up... Graduated 2012 and served 2013, I base in lagos.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shrimati(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2015
MissIndependent:
Cool wink Your Story is similar to mine just that I didn't stay up to 2 Months after NYSC.

Long time how you dey smiley
Am fine dear, nice seeing you here again. quite an age.... how is work?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by hob(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Na person know person I tey get job
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ehix89(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Fostercat:
I have gotten my last three jobs from jobberman.I got the one I am currently doing now in feb.this year and resumed in April.nice job.200k net/month.A brand new official car,pension scheme,National housing scheme and m edicals.13th month inclusive.

No small thanks to PWC for packaging the company.Will soon b goin to Europe for training.

Thanks to the God of MFM

NB:to get a good job ur cv MUST be professionally crafted with moderate job experience and above all be able to defend wat u have in the cv.Finally the bible says by ur strength U cannot prevail. Prayer is the key!
plz can you forward a template of ur cv to my mail,,,,,ehik4all@gmail.com,,,tnks bro may d gud lord continually uplift nd uphold you
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shrimati(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2015
mummydirect:
Make I no for carry last cos nobody know where manner go fall from. My people I need a job too oooo. A graduate of History/Int'l Studies. Enjoy working as a customer service/Public relation Officer. Graduated with 2:1, served 2008, gotten a year experienced and looked forward to gathering more via the good hearted people of NL. But I go talk as e be me cos na who wear d shoe no where he dey pain nam.
Abeg my kind hearted people of NL, na for NNPC I wan work ooo, or any organisations that pays well, make d money for reach to take solve d challenges wey full ground. May God bless d soul wey go remember me more in Jesus name amen. My email address na: mummydirect @gmail.com, shalom!
I hope that is not the mail on your CV hence you are not likely to get job invites......

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Pidggin(f): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2015
austinosita:

Really!

Pls fill me in dear......I think I'm interested!

I will only name a few:

- Supplying cement(just open a shop in a developing residential area and you will keep smiling to the bank.

- Becoming a distributor of quality paint product(open a shop in a developing residential area and you will also keep smiling to the bank)

How can someone pay 260K or 250K for job?!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nigeriatraining: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2015
Apply for SCHOLARSHIPS
Here is your chance to apply for both local and international scholarships
on our platforms all you need to do is log-on to our websites
[www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com I www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com]
for details or Whatsapp or Call: +2348170103366 BBPin:2B80B990

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
kamez:
got my current job as a quality control Engr (for a telecoms firm) through guardian newspaper just 6months after my Nysc in 2012.

.. I enrolled for lots of certifications during my service year, thanks to my allowee and so I had extra an advantage during the interview.

pls tell me d certifications u did, my nephew is a graduate of biochemistry, 2.2 tnx
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ExInferis(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
iyatrustee:

Naughty me right? I definately wasn't talking about selling myself!

I noticed your innuendo earlier and needed to feed your imaginations. tongue

haha, nice. it was too good to pass.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Heymus:
Yes @op you can get a very nice job without any connection, nairaland job section is real! Just be good @ what you do. I got a nice job through this great section (nairaland job section). On the day of my interview, i performed excellently well and my boss had to give me 3k for my transport fare on that day. Have started working and whenever any position shows up he will tell the management to post it on nairaland.
na Godwin for u oo, what were d things u said to d boss pls, maybe we all can learn ...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
umehz4:
JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!
Greetings. If you know any biochemistry, Foodscience, biology or chemistry student who graduated this year. There is a multinational company looking for workers. As many as possible. They are into products like cosmetics etc, production. They want students who will be having their national service this year. They will interview, select and train you for the job. Kindly ask the person to forward his / her name to 0246624182. They need it ASAP.
I know of people that are fit for it, pls ur number isn't goin thru , it is saying it doesn't exist ...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
mummydirect:
Make I no for carry last cos nobody know where manner go fall from. My people I need a job too oooo. A graduate of History/Int'l Studies. Enjoy working as a customer service/Public relation Officer. Graduated with 2:1, served 2008, gotten a year experienced and looked forward to gathering more via the good hearted people of NL. But I go talk as e be me cos na who wear d shoe no where he dey pain nam.
Abeg my kind hearted people of NL, na for NNPC I wan work ooo, or any organisations that pays well, make d money for reach to take solve d challenges wey full ground. May God bless d soul wey go remember me more in Jesus name amen. My email address na: mummydirect @gmail.com, shalom!
hahhhhhaaa, u funny ooo
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by julie89(f): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
omokeji1958:
i got the my first job through hotnigerianjobs i earn 90,000 plus other allowance making 115,000(fortunately met one of my else colleague at the interview). i got the present one through referrer am earning 166,000 (through my else senior colleague as well)
wow please refer me oh,thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Heymus(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
na Godwin for u oo, what were d things u said to d boss pls, maybe we all can learn ...
no be small thing ma sister, nah Godu win truely lol. Just questions from my field of study (construction),
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by emenik08: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mekzmoney:
I studied Metallurgical/Materials Engineering (HND). Hav 1 yr experience in corrosion and would like d house to help if any opportunity comes up... Graduated 2012 and served 2013, I base in lagos.

Guy am also a metallurgical and materials engineer (B.Eng). The truth is that most companies prefer to employ mechanical engineers to play our role thus short-changing us.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by emenik08: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
I am a metallurgical and materials engineer. Graduated 2013, just finished NYSC and in dire need of a job. I have experience in machine operation (lathe and milling machine), foundry, CAD drawing and teaching. For me any legal job is entertained as far as it keeps me occupied. Thanks. Emenik4u@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
That's cool.... I thought its only me that noticed it.. Mechanical engineers are taking over now. What do u tink we shud do? because m really tired of d whole issue.... I was tinkin of getin a litle job then go 4my second degree in mechanical (production) or beta still, met/mats (corrosion). Dunno yet.

emenik08:

Guy am also a metallurgical and materials engineer (B.Eng). The truth is that most companies prefer to employ mechanical engineers to play our role thus short-changing us.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Dparagon(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
Fostercat:

Thanks to the God of MFM

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Pidggin(f): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2015
austinosita:

Great.......and u think such amount of money would open a shop in a developing residential area n also fill the shop with d products!?

Shops in such areas go for between 4K to 8K a month. Anyway, you can keep begging to apply, good luck.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by hurpeyeahme(f): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is a good one here

Am also currently in search of a job. ve got HND in business Administration &Management. Got a year experience in call center(outbound calls)don't mind customer services or administrative jobs. U can mention/quote me if you know of any.....Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by horexy(f): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2015
I av none yet...I so do not mind help.
I am a fresh graduate of Chemical Eng. Finished wit a 2.1. I am in dire need of a job be it ful time, contract, part time or internship.
E mail is oladayoo75@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Please, Biko, Ejooo, Abeg, help a sis in need. cheesy
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MissIndependent(f): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2015
shrimati:
Am fine dear, nice seeing you here again. quite an age.... how is work?
Work is fine wink nice seeing you here too smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Is The Starting Salary Of A Dentist In Nigeria? / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.