Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) (49795 Views)

EFCC To Arraign Female Fraudster For N9Million Scam / Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) / EFCC Arraigns Man Over N4.5m Love Scam (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Islie: 3:41am On Aug 13, 2015
The heist was earned through a phony crude oil contracts with the victim, wiring the said amount into the account of Total Intership Nigeria Limited ostensibly for the supply of crude oil. The bubble burst after the victim was left clutching the air, in an exasperating wait that ended with a petition to the EFCC.

A suspected fraudster, Idowu Olarenwaju, alias Capt Anthony Abel Saramoh ,has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC for defrauding an American Citizen of the sum of Four Million dollar ($4,000,000) through his company, Total Intership Nigeria Limited.

The heist was earned through a phony crude oil contracts with the victim, wiring the said amount into the account of Total Intership Nigeria Limited ostensibly for the supply of crude oil. The bubble burst after the victim was left clutching the air, in an exasperating wait that ended with a petition to the EFCC.

One Joe Onwudimowei, an accomplice who operates the account of Total Intership Nigeria Limited with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) where the proceeds of the said fake contract was deposited, was arrested on 18th June, 2015 and upon interrogation, fingered Idowu Olanrewaju and one Otunba Yemi Osho as the people he handed over all monies that passed through the account.

On the 19th of June, 2015, the duo of Idowu Olanrewaju and Yemi Osho were arrested following a dawn raid on their homes by operatives of the EFCC.
According to Onwudimowei, Olanrewaju sometime in 2010, instructed him to withdraw the sum of Three Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N3, 500, 000.00) for Chief Yemi Osho. Osho, he claimed, in turn handed over the money to two people sent to him by Olarenwaju.

This singular involvement of Osho was what made Olanrewaju confess to the fraud as he had initially denied knowing Onwudimowei. When Olanrewaju was confronted with the testimony of Osho, sources at the EFCC disclosed that he was speechless and began to plead for mercy.

Olanrewaju who does not have any reasonable source of income was discovered to have several properties in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and a 44 rooms hotel in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. Also recovered from were a number of exotic cars including, a 2014 Range Rover, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2013 Range Evogue and Honda CRV.

Spokesman of the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren says the suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/12/efcc-arrests-suspected-fraudster-4m-scam#

Picture of the suspect and some property recovered
Picture credit: http://www.channelstv.com/2015/08/12/efcc-arrests-suspected-4m-fraudster-idowu-olanrewaju/

lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by hadura29(m): 3:46am On Aug 13, 2015
Jeez...,, he be like say I know that hotel oooo...

WatAgoan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 3:47am On Aug 13, 2015
Them don catch them na.

moral: crime does not pay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Enki40(m): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2015
Some people get strong mind...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Idowuogbo(f): 4:30am On Aug 13, 2015
Make them dash me that range na....d plate match my star walai.i'll just an extra "y" in the end. wink grin

13 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by AlPeter: 4:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Introvert . U be spirit? U no dey sleep ni. To think how this guy would have been forming big boy since.
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by prospero5(m): 4:55am On Aug 13, 2015
hmm! him been dey form big boy for sisters inside that 2014 RR since 1420AD. dem don catch am, shakara don end

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by eleko1: 4:58am On Aug 13, 2015
What is good for Yahoo boiz is also good for those thieves like Diezani/Okonjo Wahala.They shud shackle dem with dat shine shine bangle.

23 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by donholy28(m): 5:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Make them dash me that range na....d plate match my star walai.i'll just an extra "y" in the end. wink grin
Dash u all that?...Girl ur just a 419

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by kenedy175(m): 6:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Serves him right. Other yahoo boys should be caught the same way.
You see young boys with dreads flaunting ill gotten wealth. Living life in the fast lane ain't good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by dapyd1(m): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2015
Everything should be seized, auctioned and returned to the owner.

Thief.

Just pity his family, what are they gonna say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by arisekola77: 7:14am On Aug 13, 2015
Hnmmm oshey baddest
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by 2sex(m): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2015
AlPeter:
Introvert . U be spirit? U no dey sleep ni.
To think how this guy would have been forming big boy since.
lol... Many babes toto don suffer on top that one na... That's one of the reasons why many of them engage fraud--prestige, albeit undeserved.

Our society has gone to the dogs.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by jingiss: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2015

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by aku626(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Oga capo
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Icecomrade: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015

Met some guys last two months who claimed they are into crude business.

They have NNPC allocation to shift crude abroad. They have already concluded negotiations with some foreign investors who are ready to move money into their accounts. Upon the condition that the present a bank guarantee.

My own role was to help them facilitate the bank guarantee from my office.

I asked for the documents, after reviewing I knew they were fraudulent. I asked for 80per deposit face value for bank guarantee into their account, they are promising me what they will give me in return if I can assist.

I asked them to Bleep off. Closed their account. I no want EFCC wahala.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Tonniey(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
OK

Reduce your tummy within 9 days with our weight reducing natural supplement. Check my profile for more info.
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by veekid(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
na where all these properties dey go sef
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Emmanuel950(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Serves him right.
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by jingh(f): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Maga really paid.

Boys are not smiling.

last warning: MAKE MONEY BUT DONT GET CAUGHT

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
The average Nigerian is largely corrupt, merely waiting for a pronouncement.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by ibrash600: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2015
see money $4m shocked shocked...

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Firefire(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2015
Idowu Olarenwaju, alias Capt Anthony Abel Saramoh god don catch you.

Ole barawo.
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by c4tnoelz: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2015
nice one
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by rattlesnake(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2015
Ode
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by SimpleVili: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
See gobe cheesy

Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by Georgekyrian(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Dullard is working
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by ki02020(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Ok o
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by adonbilivit: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) by jeeqaa7(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Operatives Kill 3 Gunmen In Anambra / Woman Kills Her Ex-Lover’s Baby In Umuahia After She Had Abortions For Him / Bonaventure Mokwe, Upper Class Hotel Owner Rejoices Over Man’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.