Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! (62185 Views)

Strictly Discounted Prices On Solar & Power Inverter Materials. / Ask Me Anything On Solar,come In If You Need Solar Panels, / Misconceptions About Solar Power? What Is The Right Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by bobojoshua(m): 1:11am On Dec 26, 2015
chris81964:

You can do some basic calculations yourself. TV is rated at about 130 W, The ceiling fan is about 70 watts and the Big fan is about 150 Watts. The energy savings bulbs you can look at the bulb and figure out how many watts.
If you will watch you TV for 8 hours to calculate watt hours will be 130 x 8
Add up the watts of each item and add an extra 20% and that will be the size Inverter you need.
Multiply each appliance by how many hours you intend to run them. Add up the totals and that will give the watt hours.
Divide the watts hours by 24 or 48 (system Voltage) and that will determine how much you consume in AH. Multiply that number by 2. This will double the capacity to make sure you don't discharge the batteries below 50%. To determine what you need in solar panels. You can look at the irradiance chart. Or you can make an educated guess. I use 6 hours of sunshine because I anticipate that I will have NEPA for 2 hours a day and that will assist me in charging the batteries. So divide the Watt hours by 6. If you are off grid divide by 4.5.
After you have done all that calculation, you will know how much in batteries, panels and inverter you need.
Good luck
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 3:41am On Jan 07, 2016
geesampower:
Yeah, it's Geesam again. Here to make sure you are informed.
In business, PARKAGING and SECRECY are very important in EXploiting consumers
You see a lot of solar power offers especially on online store especially the popular ones here in nigeria. Many are just carefully packaged offers that are nothing what they promise. You get them and develop the notion that solar power is not reliable.

Solar power is Expensive ( but still cheaper than generators anyway) so before you pay for any solar generator, solar power installation, or anything related, here are tips to ensure you get value for the good money you are paying.

Get this right and you will regret wasting money all these years on petrol/diesel generators.

Solar power is reliable, lasts longer than any generator you could ever buy and is a class of it's own.

Solar power is much cheaper than fueling a generator for 10years.

You won't regret investing in one if you get your facts right.

I will answer ANY, I mean ANY question you may have on solar power.

Pls no adverts here and don't ask me for my phone number or mail. Ask your questions here and I will answer here

If you have any challenges or dissatisfaction with your solar power installation, pls bring it here and let me proffer solutions

Thank you.

Urgent help needed.

OP, please help, what specification of battery, inverter, panel and charge controller plus how much does one need to purchase a solar system (small system) that will power only 2 standing fans (not industrial fans tho), 1 rechargeable fan and then charge mobile phones and a laptop? Like a system that will last while carrying all that for about 48 hours or more when fully charged.

NB: This solar system will never go beyond the stated load and number of phones to be charged at any point in time will not exceed 5 pieces.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 4:34am On Jan 07, 2016
chris81964:

You can do some basic calculations yourself. TV is rated at about 130 W, The ceiling fan is about 70 watts and the Big fan is about 150 Watts. The energy savings bulbs you can look at the bulb and figure out how many watts.
If you will watch you TV for 8 hours to calculate watt hours will be 130 x 8
Add up the watts of each item and add an extra 20% and that will be the size Inverter you need.
Multiply each appliance by how many hours you intend to run them. Add up the totals and that will give the watt hours.
Divide the watts hours by 24 or 48 (system Voltage) and that will determine how much you consume in AH. Multiply that number by 2. This will double the capacity to make sure you don't discharge the batteries below 50%. To determine what you need in solar panels. You can look at the irradiance chart. Or you can make an educated guess. I use 6 hours of sunshine because I anticipate that I will have NEPA for 2 hours a day and that will assist me in charging the batteries. So divide the Watt hours by 6. If you are off grid divide by 4.5.
After you have done all that calculation, you will know how much in batteries, panels and inverter you need.
Good luck

The only thing I don't understand here is the bolded. Where did the 4.5 come from? Is it a general value for people off grid?

Thanks..
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

The only thing I don't understand here is the bolded. Where did the 4.5 come from? Is it a general value for people off grid?

Thanks..
The hours of direct sunlight on your panels.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 10:43am On Jan 07, 2016
chris81964:

The hours of direct sunlight on your panels.

Please I'd like to know, which is better, a 24V or w 48V system? And how do we know which is which. Which of the system carried this rating?

Thanks loads!
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

Please I'd like to know, which is better, a 24V or w 48V system? And how do we know which is which. Which of the system carried this rating?

Thanks loads!

If you can afford it a 48 V system is more efficient. You can get away with smaller cables over reasonable distances.
How do you which is a 12, 24 or 48 V? It is usually written on the equipment you buy?
Which of the system carried this rating? You lost me on that one.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Xmen149(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

Thanks..

subtracting some houres(1.5) from the the charging hours of the sun (6),..on-grid means charging with both solar and NEPA..
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

Thanks loads!

If you can afford it a 48 V system is more efficient. You can get away with smaller cables over reasonable distances.
How do you which is a 12, 24 or 48 V? It is usually written on the equipment you buy?
Keep the questions coming. This is a surefire way to gain knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Xmen149(m): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
dont kill your selves with too much calculation guys......

1)just estimate your total load (addition) multiply by 2 to get your inverter rating to use (only below 1.5kva comes 1t 24vdc,.higher than that comes with 24vdc and above).

2)ask your self the number of hours you want to use the system and calculate the number of batteries to use to achieve this

3)then calculate the quantity pannels needed to charge those batteries within the stipulated sun time (also add extra pannel if you are going to be using the system during the time its charging (sun time),the addition should be in relation to the quantity of load you are powering at the stated time)

4)if on-grid,.kip use atleast half of the result you get from (3).

thats all
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
chris81964:

Keep the questions coming. This is a surefire way to gain knowledge.

Sadly, am settling for a 12V system due to financial constraints. I'm about to purchase an 800va inverter, one 200ah battery and three 130w solar panel, for N135,000. I was told this comes with guarantee unlike the cheaper on I saw. Though am a bit disappointed that it can only last for 8-10 hours of use at night.
On the "which system will carry the rating", am only a layman in this field so it's a mistake from me. Thanks a lot.

**modified**
Can the system be connected in such manner that during rainy season, electricity of generator power can be used to charge?
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Xmen149:

subtracting some houres(1.5) from the the charging hours of the sun (6),..on-grid means charging with both solar and NEPA..

OK, thank you.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

Sadly, am settling for a 12V system due to financial constraints. I'm about to purchase an 800va inverter, one 200ah battery and three 130w solar panel, for N135,000. I was told this comes with guarantee unlike the cheaper on I saw. Though am a bit disappointed that it can only last for 8-10 hours of use at night.
On the "which system will carry the rating", am only a layman in this field so it's a mistake from me. Thanks a lot.

**modified**
Can the system be connected in such manner that during rainy season, electricity of generator power can be used to charge?

That question will be best posed to the seller of the equipment.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
chris81964:

That question will be best posed to the seller of the equipment.

He told me it will but you know how dealers always use only positive words when marketing their products.. All the same, I'll give it a shot so I begin sleeping at night.

Thanks a lot once more sir!
More power to your elbow and more chicken in your soup! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by zeestone99(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

**modified**

Of course u can, tell ur installer to instal it such a way u can use gen or nepa to charge ur batteries

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
WeldHome:

He told me it will but you know how dealers always use only positive words when marketing their products.. All the same, I'll give it a shot so I begin sleeping at night.

Thanks a lot once more sir!
More power to your elbow and more chicken in your soup! cheesy

Thank you and amen.When in doubt I use Google. Look up the specs of the inverter you purchased online. See if it has an ATS, a built in AC charger, or ups function. That will help you determine how it will be installed. The price you are getting is so low. So I suspect you might be getting a very stripped down piece of equipment.
A battery, 3 panels and an Inverter for N135k. My inverter's alone cost three times as much. And you know you might think you are saving money now and 4 or 5 months down the road it might not look like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 7:35am On Jan 08, 2016
chris81964:

Thank you and amen.When in doubt I use Google. Look up the specs of the inverter you purchased online. See if it has an ATS, a built in AC charger, or ups function. That will help you determine how it will be installed. The price you are getting is so low. So I suspect you might be getting a very stripped down piece of equipment.
A battery, 3 panels and an Inverter for N135k. My inverter's alone cost three times as much. And you know you might think you are saving money now and 4 or 5 months down the road it might not look like that

What was/is the capacity of the inverter you purchased? sad
You know how Alaba stuffs go na. sad
The man gave me two options, one cheaper without guarantee while this one a bit more expensive with 6months guarantee (only). I had to try my luck with that of 6months guarantee since he was even sincere enough to make it a bit clear to me. Others might have sold the complete junk package at a higher price tho. sad
Are you based in Nigeria?
Feeling bit discouraged tho.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 7:36am On Jan 08, 2016
zeestone99:

Of course u can, tell ur installer to instal it such a way u can use gen or nepa to charge ur batteries

Thanks a lot. I was already told that it can be connected as such plus the inverter I bought has plug for that purpose.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
WeldHome:

What was/is the capacity of the inverter you purchased? sad
You know how Alaba stuffs go na. sad
The man gave me two options, one cheaper without guarantee while this one a bit more expensive with 6months guarantee (only). I had to try my luck with that of 6months guarantee since he was even sincere enough to make it a bit clear to me. Others might have sold the complete junk package at a higher price tho. sad
Are you based in Nigeria?
Feeling bit discouraged tho.
Nothing to be discouraged about. Buy in bits till you assemble what you need. You waited this long what is the hurry? I install solar power for a living. We have an office in Lagos. Our corporate office is in Sparta NJ USA.
Take your time. A good 200 AH battery retails for over N65000. Think about what that means relative to the purchase you made. 100 W panels retail for over N20000. When I started my business I purchased stuff from a factory in China. I was excited that they were giving me an opportunity to be an OEM. Within three months everything we installed failed. I had to replace each one at cost. The panels, the batteries and the inverters were junk. Inverters that failed once you connected a generator to them, panels that produced substantially less than the rated capacity. So what I saved initially was wiped out in three months.
Now I only buy name brands. Yes they cost more but I have less stress.

3 Likes

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
chris81964:

Nothing to be discouraged about. Buy in bits till you assemble what you need. You waited this long what is the hurry? I install solar power for a living. We have an office in Lagos. Our corporate office is in Sparta NJ USA.
Take your time. A good 200 AH battery retails for over N65000. Think about what that means relative to the purchase you made. 100 W panels retail for over N20000. When I started my business I purchased stuff from a factory in China. I was excited that they were giving me an opportunity to be an OEM. Within three months everything we installed failed. I had to replace each one at cost. The panels, the batteries and the inverters were junk. Inverters that failed once you connected a generator to them, panels that produced substantially less than the rated capacity. So what I saved initially was wiped out in three months.
Now I only buy name brands. Yes they cost more but I have less stress.

Hmmm.. So what are the brands you're suggesting are the best? Please I need more info about (brand names) the best set of solar brands out there.. Thank you.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
WeldHome:

Hmmm.. So what are the brands you're suggesting are the best? Please I need more info about (brand names) the best set of solar brands out there.. Thank you.
I will tell you who I buy.You will have to decide for yourself what works for you. The minimum I seek is a 2 year warranty on equipment. The high end give you 5 years and some give you the option of extending that to 10 years.
1. Schneider Electric
2. SMA
3. Victron

Magnum and Outback are also some awesome brands. You have to decide what works for you in the market you are in. I have enclosed a picture of an Outback that I serviced in Brooklyn NY.

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by WeldHome: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
chris81964:

I will tell you who I buy.You will have to decide for yourself what works for you. The minimum I seek is a 2 year warranty on equipment. The high end give you 5 years and some give you the option of extending that to 10 years.
1. Schneider Electric
2. SMA
3. Victron

Magnum and Outback are also some awesome brands. You have to decide what works for you in the market you are in. I have enclosed a picture of an Outback that I serviced in Brooklyn NY.

OK, thanks
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
What does having a 15 amp charger in my inverter mean to me? Watch the video for the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhLojzzqRk
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by zeestone99(m): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sharp and solar world solar panels are now available for sale at very affordable price, we also have sukam and bluegate inverters at very affordable price, genus 200Ah batteries also available call us on 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com Thnk u
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by rottennaija(m): 8:11am On Mar 02, 2016
Konnektions146:
The major issue with solar power system as you said is the sellers, installers can just be too greedy.

I also blame customers for failing to be realistic, I have encountered customers that you tell the truth about how much backup power they get with their budget and split all in details and they won't call back, weeks later they come to tell you that they fell into the hands of swindlers or that solar power don't work.

E.g. someone wants a system that will power for 24hrs his 3bedroom flat with 2 ACs and all lighting points and electronics , his budget is 400k. How possible.

Some installers also collect money that would build a very robust and stable system and finally settle for a mediocre .

I always say this to customers, if you need a backup power, its affordable, but if you need a fully independent power solutions, then its a PROJECT.

let's be realistic and considerate

True, very true. A fully independent system is a project and you add it over a period of time
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by DUNKA(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
zeestone99:
Sharp and solar world solar panels are now available for sale at very affordable price, we also have sukam and bluegate inverters at very affordable price, genus 200Ah batteries also available call us on 08117398294, 08033913155 or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com Thnk u
goodday do u have solarworld 255 watts in stock? If u do at how much?
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by zeestone99(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
DUNKA:
goodday do u have solarworld 255 watts in stock? If u do at how much?

Not available sir, joy, yachi are in stock
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Trippledots(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
chris81964:

1. Schneider Electric
2. SMA
3. Victron

how van one source tthese brands from naija, at a budget price....seems u r bbased abroad.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chris81964(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Trippledots:

how van one source tthese brands from naija, at a budget price....seems u r bbased abroad.

If you know where to look you can find them in Nigeria.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by rileydaddy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
tankz 4 dose facts,i wnt to go and learn hw to fist and make inverter i dnt knw if is passible y am saying iz bcoz am nt gud in mathematic,plz i need ur reply..
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by ceaser: 3:36am On May 16, 2016
jpphilips:

Not to worry a lot of people with 1kva stabilizer have used it with their mid size fridge of 1A, surge or not it works perfect.

Please can you show us a pictorial evidence where a 1A fridge surge to 5Amps, guy, you are not talking to a m0r0n, look at the handle once again and I hope you will choose your evidence carefully.

1hp AC starts with 5.2A (starting current) runs on 4.6A (running current ), then you say an ordinary fridge of 1A will surge to 5A at start ? bros is the fridge made in Aba?

Bros you are a technician who knows the truth if you have no ulterior motive, you would have agreed a long time ago.
Don't hide behind learning to cheat people we expect that before you come to this platform, you would have done your home work properly.

How do you expect people to entrust you with a solar project when you can hardly calculate their actual load, does it make any sense to you?
After spending good money and it fails, you will say it is the work of the devil or we are all learning. crap!!

Haba! Easy Na. Na wa o. sad
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by ceaser: 4:34am On May 16, 2016
spinola:
Installing a good quality 2 KVA Solar System in one’s home in this day and age should not cost more than N300, 000, in fact it can be done for much less depending on configuration and intended usage, for example one can use Rechargeable fans like the Lontor 16 Inches Rechargeable Standing Fan with Remote – (Maximum 16 Hours running time) to reduce the load on the system.

konga.com/mercury-2-4kva-inverter-1695372
konga.com/16-inches-rechargeable-standing-fan-with-remote-maximum-16-hours-running-time-1691969

There is a similar set up I have mostly powering the house.

Hooked up all the lighting bulb points to 12 volts DC direct source (jettisoned all the 220VAC bulb connections).

I modded the DSTV decoder and startimes to run on 12 volt DC direct - backup is 10 hours on a single sunny day charge after like 6.5 hours of sunlight. It's only the TV that needs to be on 220VAC.

The security lights are class 2 automation that come on automatically at night. The bathroom and walkway lights are automated by PIR sensors that I got 'em routed thru, so that reduces the headache of having to monitor people leaving a hard-harvested energy wasted.

Have standalone solar powered standing fans in each room (but nna meeen, that your 16 hours running time claim get as e be o) that run as long as the sun shines and gives between 6-10 hours battery backup depending on the fan speed.

Few wall sockets got changed to USB type that connects directly to 5 volt USB output to work some USB powered devices: Phones, tabs, fruit mixer, desk lamps.

The remaining wall sockets still maintain their 220VAC source (Generator, PHCN and inverter installed by engineers like geesampower) to power devices that still rely solely on 220VAC.

I still don't like the restriction I experience with using the central inverter (it's a small unit for only the sitting room TV). So future plans include:

Decentralize the inverter sources just as I did to the light (LED) bulbs. Each bedroom in the house to have a small standalone inverter unit to power the gadgets therein. Ditto the two sitting rooms.

I have seen some DC pressing iron and kettle listed on Konga et al. I plan to give the products a try. Initial plan was to get a solar water heater (an overhead tank cum cooler that uses sun's UV rays to heat its content). Those ones go for around 400k on Konga.

Change the pump to those solar powered ones. Of course that costs a fortune.

Solar refrigerator - also cost a fortune.

I don't know what geesampower has to say about that decentralization of a central inverter source idea. Do you think it workable?

The link shows how I did some of the moddings for 12volt DC direct.

https://www.nairaland.com/2777363/aluminium-stone-coated-tiles-things/3#45057032

NB: It's not primarily a thread for solar stuff, but the link will take you straight to the post on the moddings.

The picture shows one of the modded 220VAC LED light to run 12volt DC.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Pharyn(m): 7:46am On May 20, 2016
ceaser:

There is a similar set up I have mostly powering the house.

Hooked up all the lighting bulb points to 12 volts DC direct source (jettisoned all the 220VAC bulb connections).

I modded the DSTV decoder and startimes to run on 12 volt DC direct - backup is 10 hours on a single sunny day charge after like 6.5 hours of sunlight. It's only the TV that needs to be on 220VAC.

The security lights are class 2 automation that come on automatically at night. The bathroom and walkway lights are automated by PIR sensors that I got 'em routed thru, so that reduces the headache of having to monitor people leaving a hard-harvested energy wasted.

Have standalone solar powered standing fans in each room (but nna meeen, that your 16 hours running time claim get as e be o) that run as long as the sun shines and gives between 6-10 hours battery backup depending on the fan speed.

Few wall sockets got changed to USB type that connects directly to 5 volt USB output to work some USB powered devices: Phones, tabs, fruit mixer, desk lamps.

The remaining wall sockets still maintain their 220VAC source (Generator, PHCN and inverter installed by engineers like geesampower) to power devices that still rely solely on 220VAC.

I still don't like the restriction I experience with using the central inverter (it's a small unit for only the sitting room TV). So future plans include:

Decentralize the inverter sources just as I did to the light (LED) bulbs. Each bedroom in the house to have a small standalone inverter unit to power the gadgets therein. Ditto the two sitting rooms.

I have seen some DC pressing iron and kettle listed on Konga et al. I plan to give the products a try. Initial plan was to get a solar water heater (an overhead tank cum cooler that uses sun's UV rays to heat its content). Those ones go for around 400k on Konga.

Change the pump to those solar powered ones. Of course that costs a fortune.

Solar refrigerator - also cost a fortune.

I don't know what geesampower has to say about that decentralization of a central inverter source idea. Do you think it workable?

The link shows how I did some of the moddings for 12volt DC direct.

https://www.nairaland.com/2777363/aluminium-stone-coated-tiles-things/3#45057032

NB: It's not primarily a thread for solar stuff, but the link will take you straight to the post on the moddings.

The picture shows one of the modded 220VAC LED light to run 12volt DC.

Can I have your contact please?
Email to pha*****e@gmail.com
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Space Crew Return To Very Different Earth / Giant Turtle Crawls Into Man's Compound In Bayelsa State. Photos / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.