Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) (57529 Views)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video) / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by 1stHola: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
natas22:
The posters above me really need Jesus

Back to the thread hmmm the pastor did he get spiritual backing from the almighty before doing such, if he did those idols are wasting time but if his doing it without the corresponding help from JESUS menh he just entered one chance

Kudos to the man of God

donholy28:
All those posters above me condemning d man no get common sense...the man is saving a lot of people from ancestral demonic holds

ice25:
He's given us power over principalities and powers to put to shame the works of the evil one
You and the so-called spiritual backing are bloody foóls

How can you be so senseless?

Is the world made for Christians alone?

When those bastąrd bokoharam start burning churches now, you people will start crying silly.
This is the highest form of religious intolerance
The stupíd pastor should be jailed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by POPdecorator: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dottore:
why are you all angry with the pastor let the shrine fight him if its that powerful.
let jesus also fight boko haram if he's also powerful

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Ilekeh(f): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
The white man came and gave us a book (bible), while we were reading this book, he took our land.

Africans will always be backwards!

There is principle in tolerance. Not everyone wants to be christian, Muslim or the other imported religion.

So you now abhor your fore father's religion because of an imported one? Ok, that's fine.

But who are you to take the traditional rights from other people? That's wrong.

The insane pastor is doing exactly what boko harams are doing; intolerance.

He just damaged a private property and that's a crime. He needs to be punished.

Look at developed countries and tell me what sets them apart from African countries; religion tolerance and separation of church from state.

In Nigeria, instead of acting, they're busing "praying" and waiting for manna to fall from heaven.

Gosh dammit, I hate how Africa has become entrapped in this religious slavery!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by NoraKim(f): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmmm only God can save u nw undecided
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by dumodust(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
sweatlana:
The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear. We shall trample upon snakes and scorpions and they shall by no means harm us!

Ride on pastor, JESUS Rules!!!

Watch and see how this community will begin to progress

This ancient relic was on its own and your 'pastor' went and burnt it... shame how we reason, I wonder what history and stories will be left for our kids. Its just the same way people are against isis/al queda for blowing up ancients tombs and shrines..
You will be here pontificating but will be the first to buy cinema tickets for a THOR movie...or a movie showing ZEUS,HERCULES ETC
For your info, all these are names of the gods of white men that have been preserved through the ages and repackaged to teach their children history... history and preservation of relics doesn't make you a lesser Christian.
Guess you're one of those that if asked about the history of your village, it will start from 'the white man walked into our village 50yrs ago and found us naked and worshipping idols'... etcetera etcetera... nitwits

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by jamace(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
chudidonas:
I am happy for the village/community. Soon their children will experience positive CHANGES in their Lives, careers and Business. Only Jesus is the true way.
Positive change through stealing what belongs to all and calling it prosperity, isn't it? Positive change through kidnapping and ritual killing, eh?
Meanwhile, what do you say to this: Fire guts christ embassy church: https://www.nairaland.com/2523525/fire-guts-christ-embassy-church
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
sweatlana:

It's obvious that the community must have agreed to this. Unlike islam, Christianity is not by force.

Well, unless the community has agreed to it, by agree, it should be 100% , it should not be a case of majority carries the vote type. Because u might as well de depriving those in minority their rights for freedom of worship.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
POPdecorator:
let jesus also fight boko haram if he's also powerful

gbam

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by thorpido(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ama80:
It's ikoro not ukolo.ds is my town ooo.uga kwenu!hop it doesn't create a problem trying to solve one.spiritually,it's a liberation if done properly.
Is the ikoro a problem in your village?
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Unluvable:

This is exactly the conversation I was having with a colleague, some people are custodians of traditions and perpetuate harm to people feigning it to be supernatural

There is the story of the boy who defied the elders and killed and ate a vulture. The elders knew nothing would happen to him, but in order to keep the tradition and beliefs which tells people that eating a vulture will lead to death, they conived and poisoned him. While he was writhing in pain and holding his stomach he told them that he did not eat the vulture but a chicken. He simply hid the caught vulture in his house and replaced it with a chicken. The elders did not know this.
He died eventually not because of any gods anywhere who punish people with death if they eat a vulture, but by elders who were afraid they might loose their respect as people no longer fear the gods and invariably no longer fear them.
They knew all along that their "eat a vulture and die" story was bullshit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by onyengbu: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
How is this guy different from ISIS that is destroying artifacts in Syria and Iraq.
I have seen police arrest one pastor for something like this. I am certain that with the publicity this one is getting, they will soon arrest him too.

P.S: No oracle is capable of bewitching the entire town. Is Andy and Chris Uba and many other prominent people not also from that town?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Lanceslot(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
The man deserve to be stoned to death. What a sacrilege! Aru.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by DonHummer(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
this na my villa o, neva hear of this one sef.. anyways if the wordhipers are tired of it then no pee
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Pamelayoung: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
Well none of my biz.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by jessymedugu(f): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
An outburst of HOLY anger...
Operation chief priest must be born-again...

But hope no human right was violated or there's justifiable reasons for the action.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by jessymedugu(f): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
An outburst of HOLY anger...
Operation chief priest must be born-again...

But hope no human right was violated or there's justifiable reason for the action.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by longayink: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ignorant Pastor. Destroying his people's culture in order to embrace and establish a foreign culture. Ignorance is a disease.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Lovine: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
How many shrines did Jesus burn during His time?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by jamace(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dottore:
why are you all angry with the pastor let the shrine fight him if its that powerful.
So what do you say to this: https://www.nairaland.com/2523525/fire-guts-christ-embassy-church
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by tonero230(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
donholy28:
All those posters above me condemning d man no get common sense...the man is saving a lot of people from ancestral demonic holds

Burning it isn't the issue but did he burn the spirit inside the shrine?Hmmm,o ga awakwa na afa
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by azezola(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Christian terrorist...
He forgot Nigeria is a secular state, he should be charge with terrorism. His doing what is accusing of others doing to them.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Rotimi47: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
natas22:

Back to the thread hmmm the pastor did he get spiritual backing from the almighty before doing such, if he did those idols are wasting time but if his doing it without the corresponding help from JESUS menh he just entered one chance

Kudos to the man of God
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ghenghen23(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
natas22:

Kudos to the man of God
must we all be christians? We should live and let live

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by vickylala239: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well.....next time Islamic fundamentalists burn down a church.....I hope you will support the Police not prosecuting them.

As Christians.....we should be tolerant, even as we ask others to be tolerant.

No matter how much juju there is on Planet Earth, God is our protector.

Nw I knw u Dnt knw Anytin.

Kidnappers hideout we shuld allow dem.

After delivering someone and the owner said go ahead n set it ablaze,we shuld Nt.

Y Nt tell us Dat ur a Muslim.

Wat are Evn saying sef,we innocent humans head are cut of we shuld allow shuld place.

And where did u read that the owner of the shrine was killed or he protested.

Wich desert are u from sef.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by azezola(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
This idiot omo Igbo just destroy his own culture. Black people are silly and dom.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
This can only happen in Nigeria.
In America if you burn your own house you will be in jail for arson but this foolish man burned a public property & he is still walking the streets free.

This is Nigeria for you.

Before the white man came to Africa to introduce Christianity, what did our great great grandfathers worship ?? Of course idol.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Princejboy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
If the man is a real man of God then kudoz to him,but if he is not ehh you know the rest,i no need to talk am
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by CallPolice: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
I would like to know what happens next..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
I just hope the camera man had/has the grace of God in abundance cos.... okay o
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dottore:

The same way the pastor should have allowed our almighty living God to make name for himself, God can as well consume that other god by fire if he so wishes, but no, a human being is doing it on his behalf.

If some of the followers or custodians of that very god should retaliate now, I know what we all will be saying.

If a group of young men from that village who are against this very barbaric act should storm that venue and beat that pastor to pulp or mob him to death, u all will call it jungle justice.

Some years back, mostly in the northern part of this country, we have seen cases churches being burned and some christians retaliating by burning some mosques as well, permit me to say that they all should ve allowed God to fight his fight since he is d most supreme being.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order,and with such attitude of "when I am in favor, No, problem, but if it is against me, it is considered fowl" then Nigeria has a long way to go.

Whatever that is good for the "goose" is also good for the "gander".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
vickylala239:

Nw I knw u Dnt knw Anytin

You can read minds? Wow.

Kidnappers hideout we shuld allow dem.

I did not say that, and you know it.

After delivering someone and the owner said go ahead n set it ablaze,we shuld Nt.

Is that the truth....why isn't it in the OP's post?

Y Nt tell us Dat ur a Muslim.

Born again Christian actually....but that is not the point.

Wat are Evn saying sef,we innocent humans head are cut of we shuld allow shuld place.

If human sacrifice was going on there...I should call the Police.

And where did u read that the owner of the shrine was killed or he protested.

But there are many times when churches were burnt...and no Christian was in there.But.....even then.....buring someone's religious temple...whatever the religion.....is not right....even if nobody dies.

Wich desert are u from sef.

Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:
That pastor should be locked up.
That pastor is a reincarnation of biblical GIDEON. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Attempts To Kill Prophet TB Joshua With Charms In Church - Joshua Ministries / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.