Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) (57502 Views)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video) / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by nyabinghi(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
we can see how christians are tolerant, he is fighting for his dead god that was killed on a cross like a common thief.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MzOnajin1(f): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lol, am a good christian oooooo, but one mama wey try am 4 my town still dey pick paper till today.I tot d bible said give ceaser what belongs to ceaser.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by menxer: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
ignorance of the highest order.

that you are a Christian is not enough reason to go and burn another man's worship center. grin
is that not a terrorist act?
what if a church is burned in retaliation?

if I may ask, is that traditional religious practice hindering the pastor from exercising his spiritual authority?

if that pastor is truly grounded, he wouldn't need to physically destroy the shrine, but make it spiritually ineffective.

every man according to his faith.
if their pagan faith works for them, let them be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by 1stHola: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
peppyluv02:
Repent of what? Christians are the worst pretenders and liars!
In 2010,I was in a village in Oji river area of Enugu state for a burial. During the outing mass on Sunday,it was announced in the church that the oldest man in the village and a traditional worshipper died that morning. The whole hypocrites in church especially those old holier than thou witches and wizard, ndi oji bible ekpuchi njo were happy when suddenly the priest rebuked them. He said that man is the most honest person he has ever met. He can never call black,white unlike 70% of the so called christians and will never take bribe or join in praise singing of an evil person. The priest warned the congregation never to try such hypocrisy in his presence again or he will expose their evils in that church. The whole church was quiet.

Wow!

You need to read this

https://www.nairaland.com/2523494/anambra-pastor-burns-ukolo-uga/5#36928703
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ManMi4real: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
ice25:
He's given us power over principalities and powers to put to shame the works of the evil one
You are right my sister! But, if the guy doesnt have the spirit of God in him, he is on is own(he go hear ham)
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by bobkezel(m): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Stupidity of the highest order. That pastor is a bloody fool. Tufiakwa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Stevinmayowa(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
angry grin hmmmmmmm
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by BENCHILE(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]This abuse at the highest order because this IKOLO has been there for quite a long time now. Am not a pagan but I am totally against this. We should learn to preserve our cultural herritage and there symbols. That pastor should be punished.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by eyeview: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:
If true, that pastor deserves to be in jail for arson

Why are you involving the Nigeria's Judicial system? Why not let the gods of that shrine punish him if it has the power?
A friend of mine was did a similar thing in his village many years ago. The powerful priests of the deity who instilled fear and awe in the people threatened to call the police. Everyone had expected them to deal with him by the powers in their shrine.
But since that incident,there has been considerable progress in that village. Prior to then,nobody would start a storey building and finish it. No form of breakthru. But today,all that has changed for the better.
Just shut up and let the deity fight the pastor if it has powers over his God.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by vickylala239: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

R. I. P ENGLISH.
Sorry, that's my father's business but he owns a private jet.
Your dad is an engineer, what does he have ??
I can send you $6,000 if you want, i want to show you it pays worshipping the devil.

U Dnt knw Anytin,idioot u tink is by writin ur wrds in full u knw English.

U 4gt Dat dis is Nt xam Hull,dis s a social ntwrk n u cnt gt A1,here u tink by writin in full u will improve ur English Lol.

U Dnt knw anytin.

As 4 worshipping d devil Gud for u.

I knw ur worshipping d devil.

Kip it up.

Am happy Dey burn dwn ur master.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by eyeview: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
menxer:
ignorance of the highest order.

that you are a Christian is not enough reason to go and burn another man's worship center. grin
is that not a terrorist act?
what if a church is burned in retaliation?

if I may ask, is that traditional religious practice hindering the pastor from exercising his spiritual authority?

if that pastor is truly grounded, he wouldn't need to physically destroy the shrine, but make it spiritually ineffective.

every man according to his faith.
if their pagan faith works for them, let them be.

As a christian,what do you know about territorial demons? They sit over a place and afflict the people(including those who don't worship it) and will continue to do so until it is deposed and toppled.
Why hold counsel for the deity? Let the god fight for itself if it has power to punish the pastor and his God.
Case closed
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by eyeview: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
BENCHILE:
[color=#000099][/color]This abuse at the highest order because this IKOLO has been there for quite a long time now. Am not a pagan but I am totally against this. We should learn to preserve our cultural herritage and there symbols. That pastor should be punished.
Ok. The pastor should be punished. Let the god of that idol fight for itself. Let it go and punish the pastor if it can.
Case closed.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by eyeview: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
This pastor has not only dared the idol but has dethroned it. If the idol be god,let it stand and fight the pastor itself. Let nobody on the social media fight for the idol. Let nobody suggest the arrest of the pastor.
Does the idol not claim to be powerful? Let it fight the pastor and his God.
Simple.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:

Ok, deal with.

Btw, try a bench warmer( church goers are outdated)
I am not a roman catholic.

Since it is all about pulling down structures that are not churches or belonged to christians, please let them go up north and burn down mosques. If u give me any contradictory reason as to why mosques can't be burned down, then u re a hypocrite and that Is what makes u and me different, GUDnite

It's not about destroying places of worship of non-Christians. It's about liberating people. Most of the people that do all these things go with divine backing. Without divine backing, such an action with be tantamount to a suicide.

Let me give you a story that happened some years back. A man made a promise to a deity that every year, he'd give it a cow. He did that for many years till he grew old and couldn't continue the action. He told his children but they were not interested,so he failed his promise. By the first year of his failure, he lost a son of his, just about the time he should make the sacrifice. By the same period the following year, he lost another child. This continued till he lost 5 people in the family. Luckily for him, that curse was finally broken by an anointed servant of God.

In many communities with such deities, their forefathers made some covenants with the deities, which the younger generations aren't keeping. Those deities occasionally foment trouble or put people in bandage through demonic means. Events like this when orchestrated by God himself affords people the opportunity for liberation.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by loschivatos(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
sweatlana:
The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear. We [b]shall trample upon snakes and scorpions [/b]and they shall by no means harm us!

Ride on pastor, JESUS Rules!!!

Watch and see how this community will begin to progress

Yet you buy insecticide to kill mosquitoes. Keep deceiving yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
ILIDEFI:

It's not about destroying places of worship of non-Christians. It's about liberating people. Most of the people that do all these things go with divine backing. Without divine backing, such an action with be tantamount to a suicide.

Let me give you a story that happened some years back. A man made a promise to a deity that every year, he'd give it a cow. He did that for many years till he grew old and couldn't continue the action. He told his children but they were not interested,so he failed his promise. By the first year of his failure, he lost a son of his, just about the time he should make the sacrifice. By the same period the following year, he lost another child. This continued till he lost 5 people in the family. Luckily for him, that curse was finally broken by an anointed servant of God.

In many communities with such deities, their forefathers made some covenants with the deities, which the younger generations aren't keeping. Those deities occasionally foment trouble or put people in bandage through demonic means. Events like this when orchestrated by God himself affords people the opportunity for liberation.

Oga good nite, if u ve enuf things to say as to encroaching on other peoples lives with regards to the Nigerian constitutions and also believing more in the spiritual warfare than that of physical which might displace other peoples freedom or ways of life. Please wake me up, anything other than that? Please continue sleeping.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:

Oga good nite, if u ve enuf things to say as to encroaching on other peoples lives with regards to the Nigerian constitutions and also believing more in the spiritual warfare than that of physical which might displace other peoples freedom or ways of life. Please wake me up, anything other than that? Please continue sleeping.

And did you find out if he was invited by the community for the work? How many times do you see or hear of strangers walk into a shrine and set it on fire? If he wasn't given the permission for the work, do you think nobody among the crowd there would have challenged him? Come on, be real. No pastor will just walk into a shrine like that from nowhere and set it on fire, except some work has already been done in the land and some form of permission given by the people for a go ahead.

And I will still put your so called Christianity under question mark.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by brunofarad(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
This is objective dissertion
Am impressed

chigoizie7:
The people in that community that allowed this man to do this are fools.

The last time I checked, Nigerians are entitled to freedom of worship.

How dare you burn other persons god because u think ur own god is supreme?

If u all can condemn this act, please I don't want anyone to scream fowl when a muslim burns a church.

@least, we have christian religion,islamic religion and traditional religion as three major religions in Nigeria.

If u think ur own god is supreme, please worship it/him, but don't destroy other peoples own.

If u think someone is bewitching u using his/her own god, please, go to ur own god and get power to protect urself from those other peoples gods.

If a group of young men from that village who are against this very barbaric act should storm that venue and beat that pastor to pulp or mob him to death, u all will call it jungle justice.

Some years back, mostly in the northern part of this country, we have seen cases of churches being burned and some christians retaliating by burning some mosques as well, permit me to say that they all should ve allowed God to fight his fight since he is d most supreme being.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order,and with such attitude of "when I am in favor, No, problem, but if it is against me, it is considered fowl" then Nigeria has a long way to go.

Whatever that is good for the "goose" is also good for the "gander".

Whatever I said, I said as a law abiding citizen. Who knows the right from wrong, and not a mofo that was blinded by religious jargons.

Btw, I am a good christian, I try as much as possible to do what is right, I try to always obey the law of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by eyeview: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Why do the heathen rage?
This structure was built by the hands of man, why then rage when it was pulled down by the hands of man?
It went the way it came.
If the idol behind it has power,let it fight for itself against the pastor and his God. Surely,the idol doesn't need people calling for the arrest by the police.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
ILIDEFI:

And did you find out if he was invited by the community for the work? How many times do you see or hear of strangers walk into a shrine and set it on fire? If he wasn't given the permission for the work, do you think nobody among the crowd there would have challenged him? Come on, be real. No pastor will just walk into a shrine like that from nowhere and set it on fire, except some work has already been done in the land and some form of permission given by the people for a go ahead.

And I will still put your so called Christianity under question mark.

And who cares about what u think about me being a christian or not?

I hate people who only depend on single stories, u just read one of my comments on this thread and decided to base ur arguments on it or make ur ascertions, thus, refusing to even engage in ur so called arguments logically, I ve said it, I will not reply u again. Please go back and follow the whole comments on this very thread, u will also see where I wrote it on bold terms. That "unless the whole community has agreed to the pastors actions, then no big deal" go back and look for were I wrote it earlier.

Good nite again.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:
The people in that community that allowed this man to do this are fools.

The last time I checked, Nigerians are entitled to freedom of worship.

How dare you burn other persons god because u think ur own god is supreme?

If u all can condemn this act, please I don't want anyone to scream fowl when a muslim burns a church.

@least, we have christian religion,islamic religion and traditional religion as three major religions in Nigeria.

If u think ur own god is supreme, please worship it/him, but don't destroy other peoples own.

If u think someone is bewitching u using his/her own god, please, go to ur own god and get power to protect urself from those other peoples gods.

If a group of young men from that village who are against this very barbaric act should storm that venue and beat that pastor to pulp or mob him to death, u all will call it jungle justice.

Some years back, mostly in the northern part of this country, we have seen cases of churches being burned and some christians retaliating by burning some mosques as well, permit me to say that they all should ve allowed God to fight his fight since he is d most supreme being.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order,and with such attitude of "when I am in favor, No, problem, but if it is against me, it is considered fowl" then Nigeria has a long way to go.

Whatever that is good for the "goose" is also good for the "gander".

Whatever I said, I said as a law abiding citizen. Who knows the right from wrong, and not a mofo that was blinded by religious jargons.

Btw, I am a good christian, I try as much as possible to do what is right, I try to always obey the law of the land.

Stop deceiving yourself that you are a Christian. you need Jesus, go check well you came out for testimony time and not alter call the day you decided to accept Jesus
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by 9japatroit(m): 12:55am On Aug 14, 2015
hazyfm1:

I'm ashamed we bear the same name
shut your trap,my friend!.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by vislabraye(m): 12:56am On Aug 14, 2015
Austin4lif:
Wow, finally on front page. I dedicate this page to all the students of mass communication dept kaduna polytechnic. Back to the matter, this pastor is a terrorist. Well, he is free to do anything because Pa buhari is after kwuruption throughout this tenure.

In fact, African fetish religion should be destroyed along with their shrine. Pls burn all the shrines. May those people who love artefacts will steal the idols.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by 9japatroit(m): 1:03am On Aug 14, 2015
na so people dey use their hand dey invite trouble,nonsense man mtcheeeew. does he think God almighty can't fight for himself?,this is exactly what we condemn but in different form when some moslems burn churches or vice versa and some people are praising him,i wonder why our understanding is so flawed in this society,i guess common sense is not common afterall.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by amparas(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2015
SMH
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 14, 2015
ezeagu:

In fact does shrines make those countries billions every year. Who knows what museums and private collections would have paid this community for the artefact.

In Nigeria, looted items are often illegally trafficked to Europe and the U.S. where they’re bought by art collectors, according to the Abuja-based National Commission for Museums and Monuments. The agency, set up to protect Nigeria’s cultural heritage, estimates the country’s artifacts in circulation in the global market are worth about 310 billion naira ($1.6 billion).

I read this article a couple months back.

http://www.africlandpost.com/nigerias-christians-uses-boko-haram-tactics-destroy-traditional-african-religious-shrines-art/
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by menesheh(m): 1:37am On Aug 14, 2015
natas22:
The posters above me really need Jesus

Back to the thread hmmm the pastor did he get spiritual backing from the almighty before doing such, if he did those idols are wasting time but if his doing it without the corresponding help from JESUS menh he just entered one chance

Kudos to the man of God

If people go and burn churches, how do you see it. Is it justifiable?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 1:39am On Aug 14, 2015
Dottore:
why are you all angry with the pastor let the shrine fight him if its that powerful.

cool Will you say the SAME thing if someone burnt down your church? cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 1:57am On Aug 14, 2015
ebus3:
If true, that pastor deserves to be in jail for arson Oga ,go and sit down ,which is better ,a wooden god or The Almighty God? It seems u are an idle worshipper.

grin What you call 'wooden' god some call Almighty God. And what you call Almighty God some call Fake god. Get it? Its all about perspective. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 1:58am On Aug 14, 2015
cecegorz:

Stop deceiving yourself.
After defending an idol, you end up claiming you are a good Christian?
You can't be for Elijah and Baal at the same breath
Choose ye this day, whom you will serve!

So you will no problem when someone burns down your church, abi?
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by nwatch: 2:38am On Aug 14, 2015
donholy28:
All those posters above me condemning d man no get common sense...the man is saving a lot of people from ancestral demonic holds

from ancestral demonic hold to white-man demonic hold. Which one is worse. IF that shrine is more than 50 years old then this is a stupid thing to do.

These are things people pay to see in Asia and most tourist dependent countries. Don't try this where i come from because i will take the pastor to court for destroying history and a potential income source.

Again our problem is not ancestral curses because they don't exist, but wickedness,ignorance and greed.

[size=15pt]Even if we start sacrificing 100 humans per day in the next 200 years we will never reach the number of crimes and brutality committed by the west in Africa alone. Are they cursed or blessed?[/size]

We give testimonies in church for getting a 2 weeks visa to visit america a country built on slavery and wickedness. And yet when we come back home we still talk about generational curses. [size=15pt]generational curses for wetin we do?[/size]

Don't get me wrong, identify with all the western countries who god will never punish for their sins-Na only africa god see to punish..stuupid religious idiots everywhere in nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chiedu7: 4:30am On Aug 14, 2015
[size=14pt]GOD BLESS THE PASTOR AND PROTECT THE PASTOR[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Experience At Church Service In Germany / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow / Pastor Prince Dickson Predicted Laycon Winner Of BBNaija Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.