Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) (33715 Views)

Army Deploys Armored Tanks To The South-East. Photos/video / Nigeria Army Radioman In The North East (Photos) / NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by merits(m): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
BlackBaron:
F7 are 'Interceptor jets'. They use Air to Air missiles.

The one primarily used in the fight against BH are Alpha Jets.
May be a stop gap measure in the absence of ground attack jets
who ask you stories.ova sabi,mr i 2 know{ITK}
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by daniska3yaro(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dear Lord the way am opening threads on nairaland and i accidentally saw my sbro pic today,i will not see his pic on nairaland that something bad happen to him in jesus name,i pray he will fulfill is purpose of life and shall not die young.Guys trust me is not easy for me to run into my bro pic today on nairaland,being calling him for 4days now He not picking my call,alot of thoughts ran into my head but thank God,he is okay.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
anonimi:
Bought by who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2459746_fbimg1428082704929_jpeg6f4c0965838e0d57ca02df99a2f229e5

Don't be ridiculous. Chengdu F-7 fighters from China were bought during OBJ's tenure as President, not GEJ. You can also confirm from SIPRI or ordinary Wikipedia. Unfortunately, they're crash risks in the waiting, about two already crashed, maybe that's why these ones were not used in a while.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by amanze15(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
one apache one raptor cool US make una sell for naija na
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
We need world class fighter jets not this toys posted here, give me a break. I think my capacity will be more than this man when elected.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by change49ja: 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nice...we need more...May God continue to protect our gallant soldiers
#NeverAgain
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
The F-7NI fighter jets were already deployed ever since the last administration while the Alpha jet has always been the lead attack aircraft used with hundreds of hours racked up during combat sorties. So unless additional air frames have been added this is basically old news.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by TheMaleBoss(m): 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
olapluto:
I count 6 fighter jets. I truly believe BH days are numbered.
Its actually 10. Just saw it on NTA news. Surveillance, fighter jets among others.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by lastpage: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
boujaye:
Was it procured through US? Are they not planes ordered for under Gej's administration?

APC should stop talking too much and give honour to whom honour is due.

Yet GEJ FAILED to use them under his tenure while #Wailing all over the place for over two years, that America did not sell weapons and aircrafts to them? shocked shocked shocked

I am getting fed-up with these stewpidity of you SaTANoids!

*Jonathan repaired the refineries but he did not allow them to function (Dezianni told us they will be ready by end of 2016) ..yet they started working right-away when Buhari assumed power?

* We were told PHCN is dead and for over 4years under Jonathan, we barely have electricity for two hours in five days.... yet we have been having constant electricity, at times it does not even blink at all for five days at a go (my neighbour begin catch fear say world is coming to an end! grin ) under this same President Buhari?

*Now fighter planes are working under Buahri and Jonathan's #wailers keep wailing that it is GEJ that wanted to make Buhari look good hence he kept those things aside for him to use! shocked shocked grin grin

Really, there are too many madt people from that erosion-ridden part of Nigeria!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by dammytosh: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
"GEJ ODERED THE DEPLOYMENT, DEM NO ANSWER, GMB JUST REPEATED THE INSTRUCTION AND THEY DID"

SIGNED

WAILING WAILERS !!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by dyn1800: 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
Why didn't he used them?
Mprepz:
Stuffs that were bought by JONA!!
APC be claiming baddo now!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by bilal4riid(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
boujaye:
Was it procured through US? Are they not planes ordered for under Gej's administration?

order for six years
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by j1mmy: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
yes 3rd hand jets from china
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 12:50am On Aug 14, 2015
But I thought they said our airforce had nothing ? Any way, they should make good use of it and obliterate Bh.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by anonimi: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Image123:
Don't be ridiculous. Chengdu F-7 fighters from China were bought during OBJ's tenure as President, not GEJ. You can also confirm from SIPRI or ordinary Wikipedia. Unfortunately, they're crash risks in the waiting, about two already crashed, maybe that's why these ones were not used in a while.

Thanks for answering my question and letting me know it was OBJ who bought the crash-prone jets from China.
Do you think OBJ also advised Buhari to start using them not minding the great risks as APC's solicited "navigator"

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sit6eMCbFeI/VSTwSLvM-UI/AAAAAAAAFno/-iVf6eRlodw/s1600/OBJ%2B2.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by Image123(m): 4:34am On Aug 14, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for answering my question and letting me know it was OBJ who bought the crash-prone jets from China.
Do you think OBJ also advised Buhari to start using them not minding the great risks as APC's solicited "navigator"

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sit6eMCbFeI/VSTwSLvM-UI/AAAAAAAAFno/-iVf6eRlodw/s1600/OBJ%2B2.jpg[/img]

Whatever you think, that's irrelevant. Next time, don't lie for GEJ and claim another person's work for him.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 4:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Jaydee009:
All these resources being spent on the Boko Haram menace would have been totally unnecessary if one religion d8dnt make it its sole responsibility to teach and preach "SYSTEMATIC HATRED" for everything that is not in consonance with is medieval, archaic and barbaric tenets.

Wiping out all terrorists on earth will not stop terrorism; what will is making it part of our faiths to have "tolerance for others".

Kudos to the Nigerian Army for a job well done. Justice needs to be served some Virgin seeking criminals ice cold.

And for those that wanna come here and say, "our religion is peace", please look for someone else to tell your numerous lies.

Peace has one meaning, and that meaning is not ISIS, Boko Haram, al-shabab, al-Qaeda, etc.

Salam.

you my friend deserves a beer and a hooker as complimentary gift

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2015
krattoss:
But wait...

Cant we have something like f16 s in our arsenal or are we born to be mediocrity...

tufiakwa! F-16s are a no, no. Maybe the SU-30 or the JF-17 thunder.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by southsouthman: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2015
I tot someone said Nigeria Airforce has zero equipment to fight BH. So where are these equipments coming from. When the President starts blabbing for political reasons then the people of that country are really in a big trouble. I think that PMB should apologise to Nigerians for lieing
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2015
Anyi3:

Bros GEJ has moved on. Please do
Yes. buhari should do the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by BlackBaron: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2015
merits:
who ask you stories.ova sabi,mr i 2 know{ITK}
You could easily have jumped over my comment.

The F7 is 'supersonic' moves too fast to engage ground targets. It may also explain the sometimes lacklustre effect of the Airforce in battle when they can not hit ground targets effectively because they fly too fast.

The Alpha jets are made for this type of stuff with extended hardpoints to effectively counter enemies on ground. It's also subsonic and can deliver better performance than the F7.

An SU 25 pairing with the alpha jets would see BH scampering every time those 2 jets are deployed against them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by j1mmy: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2015
BlackBaron:

You could easily have jumped over my comment.

The F7 is 'supersonic' moves too fast to engage ground targets. It may also explain the sometimes lacklustre effect of the Airforce in battle when they can not hit ground targets effectively because they fly too fast.

The Alpha jets are made for this type of stuff with extended hardpoints to effectively counter enemies on ground. It's also subsonic and can deliver better performance than the F7.

An SU 25 pairing with the alpha jets would see BH scampering every time those 2 jets are deployed against them.

You don't need these kind of jets for insurgency like BH, what you need are attack helicopters like AH-64 Apache or drones for out of sight reconnaissance and targeted strikes. Especially since BH operates among innocent civilians and around infrastructure.

Jets are too loud, too fast, not great for target isolation in insurgency.

Nigeria is fighting the wrong war using the wrong equipment.

You don't need a regular army; this is not a conventional war. You need a special operations division for covert ops, a good intelligence gathering outfit made up of Army, police and state security, attack helicopters and unmanned drones in the air at all times ready to strike at located targets before they change location or complete an ambush.
I have chatted with Nigerian army officers and generals; they are the most illiterate military outfit I have ever encountered, what a bunch of primitive soldiers. One actually told me that when they started buying arms the countries asked what they are using them for and they said terrorists and the people started laughing for long time. You do not go buying tanks, fighter jets, uniforms, boats for BH.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by mapet: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Nope these were planes ordered by OBJ from India and China
boujaye:

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by Bollove: 4:06am On Aug 15, 2015
j1mmy:

You don't need these kind of jets for insurgency like BH, what you need are attack helicopters like AH-64 Apache or drones for out of sight reconnaissance and targeted strikes. Especially since BH operates among innocent civilians and around infrastructure.

Jets are too loud, too fast, not great for target isolation in insurgency.

Nigeria is fighting the wrong war using the wrong equipment.

You don't need a regular army; this is not a conventional war. You need a special operations division for covert ops, a good intelligence gathering outfit made up of Army, police and state security, attack helicopters and unmanned drones in the air at all times ready to strike at located targets before they change location or complete an ambush.
I have chatted with Nigerian army officers and generals; they are the most illiterate military outfit I have ever encountered, what a bunch of primitive soldiers. One actually told me that when they started buying arms the countries asked what they are using them for and they said terrorists and the people started laughing for long time. You do not go buying tanks, fighter jets, uniforms, boats for BH.

Bro, Nigerian Defence lacks equipment , so Bokoharam is being used as a face to get Nigerian Army upgraded ..... This war with BH only require stealth drones to terminate any identified terrorist in group or individuals.
Satellite Reconnaissance and 24/7 surveillance with citizen oriented government win this war !!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by southpole: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
boujaye:

you mean GEJ had all these and he couldn't use them? then d man is worse than what we though, really Jonathan was a mistake
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by boujaye: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2016
southpole:

you mean GEJ had all these and he couldn't use them? then d man is worse than what we though, really Jonathan was a mistake
GEJ has done his best, the baton is now with the PMB. with all the world support, he is ever confused than never before. he boasted to wipe out boko harem in 3 months, how far? economy? standard of living? security? food? exchange rate? Gej may not have done all or please all, but he handed over a better country to PMB, pray he will have a country to handover!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Deploys Additional Combat Aircraft To North East (Photos) by southpole: 11:21am On Jun 04, 2016
boujaye:
GEJ has done his best, the baton is now with the PMB. with all the world support, he is ever confused than never before. he boasted to wipe out boko harem in 3 months, how far? economy? standard of living? security? food? exchange rate? Gej may not have done all or please all, but he handed over a better country to PMB, pray he will have a country to handover!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Uche Ekwunife Distributes Food Items To Anambra Central (Photos) / Kaduna Strike: Come And Arrest Me, Wabba Tells El-Rufai / Man Seen Dumping Waste Lagos Gutter Arrested, Prosecuted (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.