Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Making It Right - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Making It Right (617 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making It Right by heayey(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Over the past years I've come to realise my passion for literature in general. although i'm science inclined. I'm taking up this story to challenge my ability.
Dear critics and readers,
I'l need your comments & encouragements for the continuity of this book.

Copyright ©Heayey
All Rights Reserved.
Re: Making It Right by heayey(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
It was the first day in the month of August. The sound of dishes clanging in the kitchen woke me up. *Yawns*. Then I heard Mother's voice from behind "Get up!...Your sister is busy washing the dishes & you are still here sleeping". Tobi got up quickly & said 'Good Morning ma' as she steps out of his room.
He knew he had woken up late again so he rushed to the bathroom and had his teeth brushed.
His morning duty is to make sure water is available for everyone in the house. Soon he left to fetch water at Baba Ijebu's house; a stone throw from their compound. Shade had finished her chores and is getting ready for school while Oyin is being dressed up by Mrs Owolabi. Tobi was coming with the last fetch on top of his head and almost slipped but he managed to splash water on the floor. Coming out of the room with Oyin. Mother said loudly 'better get a rag and clean it up before another person gets to fall down.
Later, Breakfast was served in the dinning table as everyone was eager to eat.
Re: Making It Right by heayey(m): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mother had prepared Sandwiches and honey tea. Everyone finished eating in no time & Shade shifts the chair backwards and went for her bag. Mother had packaged indomie & egg in Oyin's Lunchbox as she gets set for school. Shade took Oyin and both left for School.
Mother was preparing to go out when Tobi told her about the release of Post-Jamb form.
Mrs Owolabi: Have you told your Father?
Tobi: No.
Mrs Owolabi:Okay, This is another chance for you to push further in life.
Tobi: Mom, I promise you than there will be no more Jamb or Post-Jamb again, I shall make it this year.
Mrs Owolabi: You better know what you are doing this time.

Mother later left for Shop and Tobi is the only one at home. Tobi decided to put a call through to his father and let him know about the Post-Jamb issue. Tobi scored 244 in his jamb and his first choice course is Pharmacy. He had tried Medicine & Surgery in his previous years but he failed to gain admission because the cut off was higher than his post-jamb score.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Making It Right by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
You certainly can do better than this, I know, bro. You only needn't to back out soon.
Re: Making It Right by heayey(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks alot...i'll try my best. Updates coming soon!!!
Re: Making It Right by heayey(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Some minutes later, Tobi called his father but he didn't pick the call. So he started browsing on his phone. Afterwards, Mr Owolabi called back and Tobi told him about the post jamb form. His father told him to get the necessary documents ready and prepare for the exam, he is going to pay for the form on his arrival and hung up.
Tobi was getting bored so he decided to turn on the T.V. There was this movie that had started on AIT. He stopped tunning and sat back to watch the movie. Afterwards, he didn't really enjoy the movie so he had to stop and find something else to do around the house.
Tobi spent the next few hours schelpping around the house. In the afternoon, he went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. While cooking, he noticed the weather outside had changed and its about to rain...soon, the wind started blowing and everywhere indoors became darker. He decided to switch on the lights but Suddenly, PHCN took the light. it started drizzling and the rain poured down heavily. He ran back into the kitchen and switched the pot he was using to cook and lighted the stove. He had been using the electric cooker before. It rained for about an hour, by that time he had finished cooking and still expecting his sisters to come back from School.
He has been alone in the house since morning so he got out the house and went for walk in the vicinity.
Most of his friends are in school so he had no one to go see at home. As he walked past a few streets. Suddenly, he noticed someone that look like his classmate back in Secondary School across the road. He wanted to hide his face but the guy had seen him first.
Immediately, the guy crossed the road and was coming towards his direction. Tobi saw that it was George, 'one of the big boys in his class back then. He didn't like George that much probably because he was his crush's boyfriend. George smiled broadly as he stretched his hand forward to shake him. Tobi did the same and both greeted each other.
George said "How are you Tobi? How have you been all this while". Tobi replied "I'm good, everything is fine and you?. I'm fine... Which school are you now? . said George. He couldn't lie about his school status so he said 'oh! I'm yet to gain admission. George said 'Okay, i'm currently in my 200level at University of Port-Harcourt & i'm studying Microbiology'. At a point Tobi felt bad for himself as the words were coming out of George's mouth. He then remembered what his mom used to tell him that 'Its not how far but how well'. So he shake the emotions off and smiled. He replied 'Yeah, thats good!. How about other guys, did you normally hear from them. I'll need some of their phone numbers if you have them...George asked. Tobi said 'Yes, i have some' and they both exchanged some contacts after that both said their Goodbye's and went seperate ways.
Shade had come back with Oyin from school. They got to the house and it was locked. Shade opened her bag and brought out her own key to unlock the door and entered the house. She and Oyin changed into housewears and went into the kitchen in search of food. She found the jollof rice their brother had prepared and she served herself as well as her little sister & both ate their lunch.
Tobi made his way back home some minutes later and was welcomed by his sisters...he briefly asked them about their day and went straight to his room. The way he lay flat with his face buried in the pillow shows that he is very tired. He dozed off within few seconds.....

(1) (Reply)

The Most Inspiring Book For Children And Teens-the Missing Star / How To Stay Motivated / I Will Love To Visit Western Africa - Katarina West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.