Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife (14861 Views)

Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Seven-day Curfew Begins After Ooni’s Burial Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Mufasa27(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2015
That's good.... Giesi and lafogido ruling houses should be ready to produce the next Ooni.

The Great Ife !
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by temmypotter(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2015
na them sabi! I get work.. Infact I'm already enroute lagere now... Man mst chop oo... 7 days kwa??
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2015
sweatlana:
Yorubas that like juju so much. Make ona no do human sacrifice o

I learnt 5 ppl are aleady missing...Yoruba and rituals ...smh
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by ableguy(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2015
na waoo, this country sef. maybe it's a zoo
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Viktor1983(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2015
sanyerid:
I already moved my family outta tha town!

are you scared of their heads? Lol
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by callmeotiz(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2015
No disregard to your culture, Your culture needs to be redefine. You don't just asked your people to stay at home when you have no provision sustaining your people while keeping them indoors for that 7days..that is way too much.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Nellybii:

!! If you can refer to Ooni of Ife as one dead man, then one shouldn't be disturbed at any other poo you vomit. It is typical of South East ppl.
you are a fool. Is the ooni a God,he might be to you,but to me he was just a human being like any other person. Why did he die if he was a super human being?if you so much see him as a god,you and your family may wish to be buried with him.. Oponu ode worshiping man since he was born tongue. I pray that some of your family members are caught during the 7 days rubbish tongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2015
callmeotiz:
No disregard to your culture, Your culture needs to be redefine. You don't just asked your people to stay at home when you have no provision sustaining your people while keeping them indoors for that 7days..that is way too much.
no mind those hediots supporting poos
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2015
Nellybii:

Yea you are disappointed because you come from a place where there are no ethics. No traditional institutions. A people of no cultural heritage. Referring to the great Oonirisa. The king of Ife kingdom. The source of Yorubas as just one person goes a long way to summarize your origin. Shame on a people that live, and die only for money. mtchewwwwww oloriibu omo irankiran. ajokuta mamomi.
shut the fok off,that rubbish will die off one day,but before then I pray it consumes the one you love most,na dat time your opolo eye go clear,ode buruku worshipping man since he was born tongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by shut(f): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
shut the fok off,that rubbish will die off one day,but before then I pray it consumes the one you love most,na dat time your opolo eye go clear,ode buruku worshipping man since he was born tongue

Hey!
Look up at my moniker, don't quote me again
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2015
shut:

Hey!
Look up at my moniker, don't quote me again
fok off,go and worship your village king before he dies tongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by shut(f): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
fok off,go and worship your village king before he dies tongue

What the heck are you typing
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2015
shut:

What the heck are you typing
who the fok is this?fok off tongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by shut(f): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
who the fok is this?fok off tongue

Lunatic
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by IYANGBALI: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
shut:

Lunatic
are you happy now?now go fok yourself tongue
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Adortem: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Does the 7-day curfew has to do with 7 human heads associated with the burial rites of a king? Please, Ife residents should obey this instruction religiously to avoid stories that touch...
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by ojnnaco(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
tobybodunde:
dey say it starts from 4pm.
and ends when Pls?
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mufasa27:
That's good.... Giesi and lafogido ruling houses should be ready to produce the next Ooni.

The Great Ife !
lol. it's not by rotation bro. It is whoever ifa chooses. or how do you explain why sijuwade became king when it wasn't the turn of his house?
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Mufasa27(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
saxywale:

lol. it's not by rotation bro. It is whoever ifa chooses. or how do you explain why sijuwade became king when it wasn't the turn of his house?
Its was the turn of his house (ogboru), but he wasn't entitled to the throne,his brother was the right candidate,but the guy was fu*king rich so he manipulated everything, ifa doesn't hv a choice bro, we talking about cool money here.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by LeSulk(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
As long as they do so without cost of human life,it's okay.Traditions are too be respected but should be 'tweaked' once in a while to meet current realities.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by paix(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Seven day CURFEW? Is it really curfew or mourning? Please confirm.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by Nellybii: 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you are a fool. Is the ooni a God,he might be to you,but to me he was just a human being like any other person. Why did he die if he was a super human being?if you so much see him as a god,you and your family may wish to be buried with him.. Oponu ode worshiping man since he was born tongue. I pray that some of your family members are caught during the 7 days rubbish tongue

Why do you find it so difficult to respect other people and their culture?? You miserable imbeccile.
If you read my post properly, you would have noticed that I was expecting you to vomit more poo. This you definitely did. Mention your town or village and tell me the ruling house then I will respond. Otherwise just shut the Bleep up and go back to your cultureless, mannerless origin.
Bloody cannibals.
Re: OONI-- Seven Day Curfew Begins In Ife by tobybodunde: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2015
ojnnaco:
and ends when Pls?
9pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? / Ooni-elect, Ogunwusi Leaves Ilofi For Crowning Today / Funny yoruba Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.