Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident (16130 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Demand Restoration Of Suspended Student's Union / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security / University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by upsyLi(m): 12:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Vehicular movements on Odo-Ona to Apata road in Ibadan were yesterday disrupted as hundreds of students of Federal College of Agriculture, Animal Health and Production Technology, Ibadan, took to the streets following an accident involving one of their colleagues.

National Mirror learnt that Aminu Adekola, a 200-level student of Agriculture Technology Department, was hit by a mini-cab, Micra, while attempting to cross the road.

According to some of the students, who preferred anonymity, the student was standing in front of the school’s gate when the taxi hit him, leaving him seriously injured.

The incident occurred late in the afternoon.

It was gathered that the victim was taken to a nearby hospital, Hebron, and then transferred to Zone E hospital at Oluyole Estate, Ibadan.
While the victim, who they claimed went into coma as a result of the accident, was taken to the hospital, the students barricaded the road, denying motorists access and forcing commuters to trek.

The students, who were seen monitoring the situation of their colleagues at the hospital, apparently to know the next step, appealed to the Federal Government to help construct speed breakers, street light or pedestrian bridge in front of the school.

Source; www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/students-protest-colleagues-accident-in-ibadan/

2 Likes

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by upsyLi(m): 12:08am On Aug 14, 2015
#AminuMustSurvive Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by upsyLi(m): 12:11am On Aug 14, 2015
Cc; Tomrock007
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Tomrock007(m): 2:08am On Aug 14, 2015
upsyLi:
#AminuMustSurvive Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2015
Aluta must contuine angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Hemanwel(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
[size=20]I wish him a quick recovery.

BTW:

News just reaching me says the absconded "Abobaku" had twitted that he has gone into hiding because he cant afford to die with his salary unpaid.He suggested that Aregbesola should be used since he's the one owing him.
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by johnwizey: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Too bad of d driver
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by missKiffy(f): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
I wish him speedy recovery, that's the most important thing

2 Likes

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by tolexy007(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
I remember those days wen i was serving in Ibadan, I was living around Apata syd, Men that road dey scare me pass anything each gym am on bike, d bend on dat road to Odo ona is very dangerous, I tink Fg should try to put some bumbs on that road to reduce d speed of any vehicle in that place....wishing that guy a quick recovery
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by aiyeboy(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Jeez
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by orledaj01(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Aluta Continua...
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Segadem(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Aluta must contuine angry angry angry
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by veekid(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
like play, like play, this school news get to front page on NL
I was der, not a student of the schl sha Buh I live around the school area
the accident was brutal
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Fehmy25s(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
So sad... Quick recovery bro
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by veekid(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
like play, like play, this school news get to front page on NL
I was der, not a student of the schl sha Buh I live around the school area
the accident was brutal
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Aminat508(f): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015
shocked shocked embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by partychaser: 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015

So why are they blocking the road 4 commuters?

Instead of them to vex their anger on the school for not constructing traffic light on putting in place traffic wardens or even at the taxi man

They now blocking road 4 other innocent commuters who already know that driving around school premises shouldn't exceed at least 30mph depending on location

Am sorry but its stupid public demonstrations like this that need tear gassing!!!
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by hotgunz(m): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Dat road s jst too risky dere suppose to b speed break bump alone dat spot
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by kennybabs1980: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2015
Hit and Run Micra cab
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Akfakorede(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2015
chai..

u cannot add "Graphic photos" to the topic...
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2015
That right hand shocked
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by kingarizona1(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Next step____ Block Lagos_ ibaDan expressway# Aluta continua
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by tobaflexy(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Aluta continual victoria asata
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by DVMtuppence(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2015
I did my IT dia, truly That road needs speed breakers....
Wish d victim Quick recovery
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by nikkflexible(f): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2015
eeehhyaa
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2015
K
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Dollyak(f): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Gosh. Nigeria need a serious reform. Seriously!! Basic amenities like water supply, electricity, good roads and , security are non existent.
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by happney65: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2015
See these people..I once had a girlfriend for that school.everytime I go visiting I knew an accident would soon Happen for that school..Wondering why there was no covert nor speedbreaks around that area..Too Bad until when there is a Disaster before we fix things..Too Bad..
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by U2ice(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2015
Uniben own no teach una sense to appeal for speed break fa....

Quick recovery to d poor victim
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by philfrey08: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2015
G
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by Solomon19(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2015
CHAI WHAT A PITY SEE AS BANDAGE BE LIKE CAP FOR THE GUY HEAD, MAKE THE GOOD LORD HELP THEM IJN AMEN
Re: Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident by U2ice(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2015
happney65:
See these people..I once had a girlfriend for that school.everytime I go visiting I knew an accident would soon Happen for that school..Wondering why there was no covert nor speedbreaks around that area..Too Bad until when there is a Disaster before we fix things..Too Bad..

Exactly my point...tins go bad b4 pple act

Similar tin happned in uniben, go along dt road now, de don bombard dt road wiv speedbreaks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Biography Of Emeritus Professor Umar Shehu CFR / Futa Cut-off Mark / AAU Medicine Student Tasked To Build University Hostel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.