Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro (10096 Views)

Michael Babatunde Buys Twin Duplex In Lekki, Lagos (Photos) / Babatunde Michael Buys 2 Range Rovers For His Wife And Himself / Michael Babatunde Signs For Qatar SC In $3.2m Deal (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Crativjosh(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2015
dude is a good player, wish him the best. but why naija players like Ukraine and russia??... make dem try english league na, even if na second division.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by timidapsin(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2015
U2ice:

U knw Mk Don? I guess u won't

A bet9ja fan sabi all grin
exactly including dundee united, fc, interbaku, and so on
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by pussypounder(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2015
Met the guy in kryvoy rog when he still played for kryvbass, they adore him in ukraine, calling him the Ukrainian league messi but the guy calcu too much, for disco club hin still dey expect make boys buy am drink and na taxi hin still dey use. Now u are in a bigger club like dnipro dnipropetrovsk, no fall hand oooooo angry angry
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Walelavender(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Not a bad move. Our lads should step u their games
We would love to see them in the first eleven starting line up of clubs like Bayern Munich, Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona,Porto Fc, and Shooting Stats *winks*
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
airmark:

It's not that easy to sign top team and break into first team for Africans like that. European football is very technical and our players needs a lot to learn before they could fit in. The competition is rife there.
What about players from Ivory coast, Cameroon and Ghana that are playing first team football for top teams in Europe. Why do our players always settle for less or are our players not good enough?
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by airmark(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Afam4eva:

What about players from Ivory coast, Cameroon and Ghana that are playing first team football for top teams in Europe. Why do our players always settle for less or are our players not good enough?

Most did nt go to top clubs immediately they left Africa. They paid their dues too. Besides, Dnipro was 3rd in Ukraine last season and played Europa league cup final against sevilla last May. They are not doing badly like that.

1 Like

Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by cheerokee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
repogirl:
Congrats? Even though I no know who im be undecided

Nice heart, In other words, happy birthday!!!

1 Like

Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
airmark:

Most did nt go to top clubs immediately they left Africa. They paid their dues too. Besides, Dnipro was 3rd in Ukraine last season and played Europa league cup final against sevilla last May. They are not doing badly like that.
I'm no in anyway downplaying Dnipro but they are obviously not an elite club in Europe. We should have our players playing for the top 4 clubs in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain and not the 3rd club in Ukraine. Something is definitely wrong somewhere and i want to believe it has something to do with the agents that manage these players.

1 Like

Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Chartey(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
airmark:

It's not that easy to sign top team and break into first team for Africans like that. European football is very technical and our players needs a lot to learn before they could fit in. The competition is rife there.
It's not really about technical issues. It's the laws that make it very hard for African players to get clubs in the big leagues. Some laws are just silly like a player needing an amount of international caps before signing for a team in the EPL and others. Last week 30 goals were scored in the EPL, Africans scored 10 of those goals and South Americans scored only 3 yet players from S/America have a far easier road to big clubs than African players.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Afam4eva(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:

It's not really about technical issues. It's the laws that make it very hard for African players to get clubs in the big leagues. Some laws are just silly like a player needing an amount of international caps before signing for a team in the EPL and others. Last week 30 goals were scored in the EPL, Africans scored 10 of those goals and South Americans scored only 3 yet players from S/America have a far easier road to big clubs than African players.
Does the law not also apply to South Americans?
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by airmark(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:

You are partially right about the laws too but I tell you technical issues are major reason not the law. Kenneth omeruo is in Chelsea but could n't make the first team, not because of the law. Mikel is in Chelsea but we all know why he is a bench warmer. Enyeama is now playing for lille after several bench warming when he newly moved to france. Iheanacho has to be well-drilled before he can be drafted to main team in man city, hopefully he get a league debut soon. Echiejile is in Monaco but not regularly used. Top European clubs will prefer Africans in a defensive midfield role or as a striker because they believe those positions sometimes need power to buzz around, which African players are known for.

Afam4eva:

I'm no in anyway downplaying Dnipro but they are obviously not an elite club in Europe. We should have our players playing for the top 4 clubs in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain and not the 3rd club in Ukraine. Something is definitely wrong somewhere and i want to believe it has something to do with the agents that manage these players.

Except mikel and moses, no other African player in Chelsea's first team. Yaya toure had to play in Ukraine, Greece, Belgium before he could move to Barcelona. In Barcelona and real Madrid first teams now, no Africans. In france, PSG has no African in the first team. Bayern munich has one morrocan benatia, who had to play 6 years for some clubs before they could snap him up at 27 years. Juventus has one ghanaian who had to play 4 years in udinese before they could sign him. So it's not peculiar to Nigerian players alone, it's something general to African players now. Even some European players too, pay their dues before playing for bigger teams.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Chartey(m): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
airmark:

You are partially right about the laws too but I tell you technical issues are major reason not the law. Kenneth omeruo is in Chelsea but could n't make the first team, not because of the law. Mikel is in Chelsea but we all know why he is a bench warmer. Enyeama is now playing for lille after several bench warming when he newly moved to france. Iheanacho has to be well-drilled before he can be drafted to main team in man city, hopefully he get a league debut soon. Echiejile is in Monaco but not regularly used. Top European clubs will prefer Africans in a defensive midfield role or as a striker because they believe those positions sometimes need power to buzz around, which African players are known for.

Except mikel and moses, no other African player in Chelsea's first team. Yaya toure had to play in Ukraine, Greece, Belgium before he could move to Barcelona. In Barcelona and real Madrid first teams now, no Africans. In france, PSG has no African in the first team. Bayern munich has one morrocan benatia, who had to play 6 years for some clubs before they could snap him up at 27 years. Juventus has one ghanaian who had to play 4 years in udinese before they could sign him. So it's not peculiar to Nigerian players alone, it's something general to African players now. Even some European players too, pay their dues before playing for bigger teams.
Are you saying there's a level playing ground for all players no matter where they come from even if they have the same technical abilities? Are you telling me Iheanacho and Raheem Sterling have had equal opportunities? Are you telling me if Ayew was argentine he wouldn't have had an easier Road? He has even had a relatively easier one riding on the reputation of his father but he still worked very hard for an u20 world cup winning captain.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Chartey(m): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Afam4eva:
Does the law not also apply to South Americans?
Not exactly.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:
Not exactly.
So, we wouldn't say it's because of he law because we have so many foreign players playing in those top leagues. Nigerian players just seem not to be up to scratch or are not well evaluated.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:

Are you saying there's a level playing ground for all players no matter where they come from even if they have the same technical abilities? Are you telling me Iheanacho and Raheem Sterling have had equal opportunities? Are you telling me if Ayew was argentine he wouldn't have had an easier Road? He has even had a relatively easier one riding on the reputation of his father but he still worked very hard for an u20 world cup winning captain.
A raheem sterling will definitely have it easier than an Iheanacho just because he is from England and is readily assesible to scouts, coaches and team despite the fact that Iheanacho has proven himself in the under age football competition. However, the only reason an Argentine will have it easier than an African is owing to technicality according to Airmark. We have good players but we don' necessarily have players who can fit into top teams.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by airmark(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:

No one is saying there's a level playing ground. My point is before you can dislodge a foreign player in his position in Europe as an African the major thing is your technical ability has to trounce that one occupying the place. Rahman baba is being chased by Chelsea because they have seen improvement in his game at top level and fits into what Chelsea wants. Ayew went to Marseille in france and could play well, that does nt mean his style will fit into man u style. Djemba djemba was flushed out same way he was brought into man utd. Gervinho did n't have it as good as hes having it in roma when in arsenal. If you are technically sound and can fit into a top club style you will be drafted in. Its not only about law. Alex ferguson recommended Yakubu to porthsmouth coach when he attained the number of international matches required to play in England, why did nt ferguson sign him? Because he had better strikers at that time and no more about the law. The fact is most top clubs are skeptical about most african players' consistency at top level nowadays.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by edi287: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:
Not exactly.
Emmm it is??
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by edi287: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Crativjosh:
dude is a good player, wish him the best. but why naija players like Ukraine and russia??... make dem try english league na, even if na second division.
La liga or bundesliga would be better. Epl is overhyped.

1 Like

Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by femi4: 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
repogirl:
Congrats? Even though I no know who im be undecided
No be Telemundo now....how you wan know
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
airmark:

Oh please, spare me that crap. There is nothing unusually ''technical'' about most European teams that a decent club cannot buy Babatunde, a guy who featured creditably in the last WORLD CUP. If he was a white guy those idio.t clubs he spoke about would have ''met his valuation'' with no argument. They are just racist scum. Simple.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by airmark(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Oh please, spare me that crap. There is nothing unusually ''technical'' about most European teams that a decent club cannot buy Babatunde, a guy who featured creditably in the last WORLD CUP. If he was a white guy those idio.t clubs he spoke about would have ''met his valuation'' with no argument. They are just racist scum. Simple.

Mention the decent top club you think can buy him, that urgently needs his services that no one there now cant offer? Just mention one.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Africans always quick to pull the racism card when things don't go as planned.
Re: Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro by chic2pimp(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chartey:

I'm sure you'll find the reason why South Americans have a far easier road is because they have a good track record of producing quality players. If i were to list the number of Genuine world class players the African Continent has produced in it's entirety, i'll be done in an hour. Do likewise for South America and it'll take me a week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Neymar Becomes Highest-scoring Brazilian In Champions League History / Enugu Rangers Qualify For 2019 CAF Confederation Cup Group Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.