Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card (27424 Views)

Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? / We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices / How To Repair Corrupted Memory Cards And Flash Drives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by folahann(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2015
Whys didn't I see this when I was still keeping my damaged 8 Gb memory card

1 Like

Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by Skiful4sin(m): 10:20am On Aug 14, 2015
nice one
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by Warlord3000(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by fellowbeing(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2015
Tried it but it didnt list my disk number
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by cluewebhost(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2015
What about recovering the files on it?
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by U2ice(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2015
D pressing is too much.....press dis press dat

Less stress, do a backup on important files
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by valchris10: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks for the info.. quite handful.

Meanwhile...

Videomaking workshop coming up in Owerri in Aug 31st - 2nd Sept 2015
The right path to jump-start your career in Video production.
Date 31st august-2nd Sept.
This workshop is the ideal way to get hands-on experience on the fundamental techniques of
pre-production
Lighting Techniques for indoors, studio, and Outdoor
Audio for Video
Image control and camcorder basis
Editing
For more info visit http://x-mz.org/video-production-workshops.html

Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by ThundrCork(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by chokovirus: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2015
thanks OP. have an external hard disk drive that refuses to be identified on the laptop. Do you think there is any hope for me to recover my data?
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by makahlj2: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2015
chokovirus:
thanks OP. have an external hard disk drive that refuses to be identified on the laptop. Do you think there is any hope for me to recover my data?
Not if you follow his advice.
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by bash4us(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2015
nice
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by Kingbilo(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Take it to EFCC cheesy
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by chokovirus: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2015
makahlj2:
Not if you follow his advice.
this procedure actually works for a flash drive although most cases you will be asked to format the card. but in this case of external HDD im particularly interested in the data and not really the disk. is it possible ?
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by DonXavi(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2015
G
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by simdam500(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2015
I'll be back after I format my 8gb back to normal
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by jammyunn(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Guys, pls don't try this if you don't wanna lose your remaining files. It doesn't repair per say, it formats your drive/card. Except you want a total format, don't try this.
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SylarsMcQuins: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2015
ggrin:
How many times this shii wan reach fp?undecided

Bros I tire ooo, and dey stil dnt f**kin work
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by gen2briz(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Naijakick:
Ever had a memory card that was corrupted due to virus or improper ejection of the hard drive or memory card. Here’s how you can recover a corrupted memory card /hard drive :

-first insert the memory card or hard drive through the USB port and remove
All other drives if connected.
-now check the letter name of your memory card or hard drive it could be letter G, F or any other letter.
-now click start and search for command prompt

image1

-now type diskpart in command prompt and pop up might appear asking for permission, click on ok.

image2

-now type listdisk and you will see all the external drive listed there

image3

-you will see your external drive number note down the disk number.
-now type select disk disks number (for example select disk 4)and press enter.
-now type clean and press enter.
–now type create partition primary and then press enter.
-now type active and then press enter.
-now enter the command select partition 1.
–now type format fs=fatal and press enter.
That’s all it will take some time and then your drive will be formatted successfully and ready to use.

http://www.naijakick.com/how-to-repair-corrupted-memory-card-hard-drive/
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by femimike1(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=Naijakick post=36936021]Ever had a memory card that was corrupted due to virus or improper ejection of the hard drive or memory card. Here’s how you can recover a corrupted memory card /hard drive :

-now check the letter name of your memory card or hard drive it could be letter G, F or any other letter.

image1

-now type diskpart in command prompt and pop up might appear asking for permission, click on ok.

image2

image3

-you will see your external drive number note down the number.
-now type select disk disks number (for example select disk 4)

how will I know my memory card number, ??
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by femimike1(m): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2015
Naijakick sad sad plz reply
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by danduchi(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2015
My hard drive just keeps loading without completing...I can't play the movies I have in it and I can't copy from it
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SylarsMcQuins: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Naijakick:
Ever had a memory card that was corrupted due to virus or improper ejection of the hard drive or memory card. Here’s how you can recover a corrupted memory card /hard drive :

image1

image2

image3

-you will see your external drive number note down the disk number.
-now type select disk disks number (for example select disk 4)and press enter.
-now type clean and press enter.
–now type create partition primary and then press enter.
-now type active and then press enter.
-now enter the command select partition 1.
–now type format fs=fatal and press enter.
That’s all it will take some time and then your drive will be formatted successfully and ready to use.

http://www.naijakick.com/how-to-repair-corrupted-memory-card-hard-drive/

Wen I get to clean it keeps on signifying. "There is no disk selected, please select a disk and try again"

Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by femimike1(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

Wen I get to clean it keeps on signifying. "There is no disk selected, please select a disk and try again"

Same here
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by gseph(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Dis make sense. Gseph
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by pato405(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2015
ok
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by proff4real: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Another way of bringing your hard disc back to live, is rap it with 5to6 nylon and put it in freezer for 5days. the nylon is to prevent water from entry. after the 5day remove it from the nylon and allow it to dry for 24hour. note: don't dry it in sun. just keep it in dry place. After that you can use it only as external hard disc.
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by Rich4god(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
@op.... it didn't work for me. my sd card hv a problem... once I insert it into my system, it will recognized, but once you try to open it... it will just disappear.... few seconds later, it will reappear. try opening it again, it will disappear.... and d circle continue....
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by ojimma: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rich4god:
@op.... it didn't work for me. my sd card hv a problem... once I insert it into my system, it will recognized, but once you try to open it... it will just disappear.... few seconds later, it will reappear. try opening it again, it will disappear.... and d circle continue....
your own case is critical ooo, appearing and disappearing is a common symptom of witchcraft therefore there is no solution here.
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SageNaruto(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

dude, u typed disklist/listdisk instead of list disk dats y...

modified...
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SylarsMcQuins: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
SageNaruto:

dude, u typed disklist/listdisk instead of list disk dats y...
modified...
I shudnt space the listdisk ryt?
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SylarsMcQuins: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ve tried my best, I gve up. Ko si se
Re: How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card by SageNaruto(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

I shudnt space the listdisk ryt?
space it... i.e list disk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Basic Computer Skills / Repair Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S6 EDGE/S7/S7 EDGE/S8 (BEST PRICE GUARANTEED) / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.