Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? (23610 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Man Discovered Their Son Attends Cheap School & Wife Pockets Rest Of The Tuition / I Was Punished, Ostracized For 20 Years For Marrying A White Lady: Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by IYANGBALI: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
totorimi:
97% of female bank marketers are glorified prostitutes and I have enough real life stories to buttress my position.

Many a banks have realized the power of a woman when it comes to securing those deals. I challenge any female marketer on NL to swear that she has never at any point given in either by way of love or meeting target. I will rather marry a known pro than delude myself thinking I have a saint as a wife who is a female bank marketer. They will do anything for that deposit. God forbid. Even the way they dress of not for dress code in the banks u won't be able to distinguish them from those other ones.

God bless you jare

2 Likes

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by jabojafa(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
kemiola89:
I'm also curious as to why banks in Nigeria employ more female (beautiful young ladies) than their male counterparts in the marketing department...there must be a reason for such. shocked
let me tell u why..... I cud rememba wen i wz sti in d uni, and my state gov visited our sch wich is in anoda state. So our association thru d presido tried to present a gitf to d gov bt d security ppl didnt giv him access. So we went back n brought a young girl dt wz part of us to present d gift to d governor and lo n behold she gained access n brought back 2million naira cash for us. Dat wz d 1st time i saw dt kind of moni even though i wznt mine.

4 Likes

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by labanji(m): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
The truth basically is; Men are most times in control of Money and Resources. And naturally Men are created to give more attention to their opposite sex than same sex
As a result of this, we find a situation where the eloquence ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ sonorosity of women's make some big men wanna patronise these young female bankers.
Moreso, some managers would prefer employing a female banker because of the lust nature of some big men
Hence the reason for such

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Some families are very ignorant and myopic like yours. I'm not sorry to say that

how can they conclude about bank marketers like that. Didn't their gumshion tell them that all career paths have their own temptations not only marketing undecided

Be You a lecturer
medical doctor
teacher
nurse etc

anyway it's for the man to decide

Abeg, aunty, wetin be gumshion?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by ojsenior: 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
I have worked in a bank before.If you are a lady, there are few things involved in meeting your target or getting promotion.If your are beautiful, contented with the level you are and not bothered about promotion, and you don"t give a damn about being fired, or your parent or family are connected, powerful. If not.........

How do you convince that permanent secretary or the commissioner of finance to open that account in your branch with you the account officer?
How do you convince that married old man to bring his millions to your bank. We have to remember, it is your puna against puna from another bank. It takes the grace of God,luck to be positioned around a nice establishment that needs the service of your bank, who you know to be a Godly woman.

Note: not all female marketers are Olosho, but the pressure to meet the bank's target has turned most to something else.

@Op, is you fiance a desperate type? things are happening in the banking sector even with the ladies in the operation that may not have a monetary target to meet.

Can you cope with her not having much time toward the family especially if you are living in Lagos, Ibadan,PH?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Teejaykary: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Though it might look like female bankers are prostitutes but its a lie,everybody got he or she professional job due to the nature of the job a banker must be there at all times to lure customers to patronize their product either way round.and is depends on individual to accept the proposal from their client.Dnt make a mistake by saying bankers are prostitutes, we only advice. u to safe for the rainy season.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by kentAire(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Vry simple my friends!
Daddy and friends has bleeped so many of them. ;DVry simple my friends!
Daddy and friends has bleeped so many of them.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by ibe9ja: 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
Because thier punanies don buzubaza anyhow before dem reach their target. I would rather marry a prostitute than marry a female bank marketer.

Thunder fire any female bank marketer wey go quote me to talk rubbish.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by SAMBARRY: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
Timbuktou:

Abeg, aunty, wetin be gumshion?
common sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by SAMBARRY: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=engrshakespeare post=36963568][/quote] go and ask Google search engine. There's a section there meant for fools like you. They'll answer you. Oponu
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by SAMBARRY: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
Still there are still decent and sensible ones. They can't all be prostitutes
emmatok:

Its no generalization, it about trend

Its a proved fact that most actresses and entertainers are glorified prostitutes, they even insult each other about it.\

Its also a proven fact that most female bank marketers, are used to get high profile clients .

http://www.punchng.com/news/banks-use-female-marketers-to-woo-senators-reps-elect/

http://www.proshareng.com/news/18384
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by onyekadike: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
mianyaegbu:
I can only marry a bank marketer IF and ONLY IF she will quit d job a day b4 her bride price.
I cant imagine my WOMAN begging someone to bank with her.
Unacceptable for me shaa
ok naah
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Kimoni: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Woged2005:

But that's how everybody including pastors say 'Osu' cast system has been abolished in Ibo land and no one should pay attention to it, yet behind closed doors, the same people who say that won't allow their son's to marry one. As a woman you don't know these type of things affect one's psychology and well-being knowing you don't have a level playing ground with everybody else. We can't just over-look it.

I don't understand. Why don't you have a level playing ground? Because your friend's in-law regards female marketers as prostitutes undecided

Generalizations like this comes from sheer ignorance. Like someone said, a hoe is a hoe regardless of career. Every step you take in life has its own challenges, it's left for individuals to deal with such challenges when they crop up.

Will this same parent stop their son from marrying a Nigerian female graduate simply because rumor has it that female students in Nigerian universities tend to sleep with lecturers before passing their examinations? That's a common rumor in Naija too, innit?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Teejaykary: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
ibe9ja:
Because thier punanies don buzubaza anyhow before dem reach their target. I would rather marry a prostitute than marry a female bank marketer.

Thunder fire any female bank marketer wey go quote me to talk rubbish.
We are different in nature,not only banker.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by youngalex(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
@op I don't blame the guy's family...marriage is not friendship,any potential red flag need to be eliminated,most ladies in marketing are always under pressure to deliver,they dress seductively to attract the client and possibly make love to him to "sustain" the business relationship.......In most CVs you see ability to work under pressure guess it's self explanatory as to the extent of pressure you can withstand

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
common sense undecided
According to which English Language authority o? Or is it a yoruba word?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Kimoni: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
Timbuktou:

According to which English Language authority o? Or is it a yoruba word?

Haba Oga, gumption na English word naa
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by sureboy4eva(m): 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Normal bank staff encounter so much d*cks[b][/b], talklesss of marketers, they will do anytin to meet the target given to them by the bank. A girl at zenith bank has given me her card before when I went to make a deposit and she saw my acct balance. Yet I made a #5m transfer to a usa account behold the girl hide her card underneath the wrapper holding the money I cashed out. She wrote i'm free tomorrow call me let's have launch, call me anytime but not night. and that was all. And she is married. But big bold and beautiful. If she can f*ck a customer then senior staffs are bonuses
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kimoni:

Haba Oga, gumption na English word naa
Na the kain tin wey I dey hate be dis. She said gumption, Kimoni?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by 1miccza: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Because female Bankers are just like Female Doctors and Nurses grin grin grin grin
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Kimoni: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
Timbuktou:

Na the kain tin wey I dey hate be dis. She said gumption, Kimoni?

Lol...Mohammed go meet mountain, mountain go meet Mohammed - as long as Mohammed and mountain don see each other cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by mikolo80: 11:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
bellong:
Rumours don't come out of the blues. In every rumour, there is an iota of truth.

Knowing the pressures Nigerian banks put on their sales staff, a lot of them go to the extreme to meet target. I have met female sales staff who thought seduction can get me on her account list.

While some of the females go to the extreme in meeting their targets by offering free sexual service in exchange for deposits, their male counterpart have their own immoral tactics to achieve same goal. However, the females are widely publicised because of the nature of their scheme.

This doesn't mean that every female marketer exchange sex for deposits only that the few doing it already stained the whole pack.

Is it right to base marital judgement on this? No and Yes.

No, if the lady involved doesn't have an history of such affair. Yes if she has the history of offering body for deposit. Nevertheless, the sole decision should rest on the guy not his family.

This is one of the things ladies should check out for. Can the guy stand on his "good" decision despite pressures from family members.

I hope your engaged friend has a clean history. There is possibility she already patronised the frontliner against her in the past.
how can man do immoral tactics. which woman Will fall for seduction
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol...Mohammed go meet mountain, mountain go meet Mohammed - as long as Mohammed and mountain don see each other cheesy

Lol. Don't spoil my mischief-making jor. I know she's the one that liked your comment. angry
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by enilowo(m): 1:12am On Aug 15, 2015
Woged2005:

Very true! But perception can be very damaging. That's why I want to know what gave the job this type of notoriety in Nigeria. marketing job is a very lucrative job elsewhere.
if una like make una roast me after this. Hear this, I have fifteen years banking experience and I have worked in 5 different banks in this country to crown it all, they are all among top 10 banks in Nigeria and based on my experience my verdict is that 9 out of every 10 high flying ladies bank marketer are being laid aside their husband. What happen these days is they stay Ms rather than Mrs. We call them miserable sisters. If the babe dey work for one bank wey be small before come swallow big bank with head office in Dannie Street VI. Please tell yout brother to move on. Abeg no talk say I tell you o. O Dabo.

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by bellong: 1:20am On Aug 15, 2015
Empero1:

Rumor is carried out by the enemy , accepted by the fool and propagated by the ignorant . But if you insist that we must adapt to your daft postulation about rumor , should I take it to be true that the rumor about you and your entire family been thieves is correct ( no offense intended ) .

I am sorry, I do not exchange words with kids and people with low comprehension skill.

Have a good night.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by suavetony(m): 2:23am On Aug 15, 2015
kenny1313:

if you don't cooperate with dis big men who ll listen to you.
There are so many ways to achieve ones target as a female marketer...especially wen the lady in question is professionally minded.

Is only those that don't have something "upstairs" among them that indulge in such acts.

All she needs to do is to convince her clients of d short term benefits, interest or profit if they bank with them.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by macminista(m): 3:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Does GOOGLE know what obtaines in 9Ja? Abeg try to dey visit home often as u can.." my mama say i be nigerian" grin cheesy shocked cool wink
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by madjune(m): 4:39am On Aug 15, 2015
KINDLY VOTE FOR madjune IN THE MOBILEBOOKSHELF WRITE AND WIN COMPETITION WITH THE POETRY ENTRY TITLED-

ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS ( TORMENT OF THE WITCHING TREE)

THANK YOU AND LOADS OF LOVE AS YOU DO. MUAAHHH
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by DedeNkem: 4:41am On Aug 15, 2015
I think because some Female Bank Marketers in Nigeria created the bad image of using their body to sell their banks' services.

A girl came to me with the help of a friend few years ago, and told me that they're under serious pressure in her bank to meet a monthly quota for new customers who would have at least one million balance in their new accounts for at least three months.

She told me she was open for anything I want that will make me comfortable, for her to have me as her new customer. You know what "open for anything I want" means. She was wearing a very sexy mini with tight blouse that revealed her voluptuous curvy hips. She was in fact, a very very beautiful woman. But the thought of wife in my head reminded me I wasn't the ashawo I used to be anymore. By the end of the day, my wife and I helped her by opening two accounts at her bank.

So some Nigerians see them as ashawos.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by nastyesco(m): 6:18am On Aug 15, 2015
Why do most marriages go wrong?
-Because most parents focus more on the book than the cover
-Because most guys nowadays don't even have the guts to take their own decisions and stand by it.
And in this topic I simply see both points above being the bone of contention.
Shout out to those Marketers who sell their body and bank products....How market?? grin
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by perryy(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2015
As a male banker who is in the know of how those ladies operate, I won't allow my son to marry any female bank marketer. In our branch here in Ota, we had a case where a colleague of ours dated a father and went on to date his son when the man died,all in the name of deposit. The pressure is just too much for them.

How will a woman who has signed a post dated letter of resignation says no to a man who promised her 100m deposit? She knows the only thing that will make her regional head not to forward her letter HCM at the end of the month is her meeting her target or even 50% of it. If she says yes to the man, she will keep her job and may even be celebrated, depending on how much she has brought in relation to her target, if she says no, she is out of the job at the end of the month. Can her husband pay her 300k per month? How much is her husband's salary self? The temptation is NOT resist able
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by priscaoge(f): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2015
kenny1313:

if you don't cooperate with dis big men who ll listen to you.

That's d problem we face in Nigeria. Someone I know actually quit the job due to the pressure from d bank and especially the conditions given to her by these rich men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.