Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week (1616 Views)

Customs Arrests Oscar Okafor Over Importation Of 661 Riffles / (photos) Notorious “aye” Cult Leader, Oscar Arrested In Ijebu-ode, Ogun State / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of MURDER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Oscar Pistorius will be released next week on ‘corrective supervision’, barely 300 days after he was jailed for killing his girlfriend.

The convicted athlete has been recommended as an ‘ideal candidate’ for a new scheme aimed at saving money and making space in South Africa’s overcrowded jails grin grin.

Pistorius is likely to be fitted with an electronic tag when he is released, but one of the problems being faced right now is where a tag might be fitted on Pistorius who was a baby when his legs were amputated below the knee since they are typically fixed around the ankle of offenders.

Pistorious was jailed for fatally shooting Reeva Steenkamp, who would have turned 31 next Wednesday, through a locked bathroom door at his home on Valentine’s Day in 2013. He was cleared of murder after telling his trial how he had mistaken his lover of three months for a burglar.

The news he will soon be released has been met with opposition from Reeva’s family embarassed embarassed embarassed.

Prison authorities are still finalising the conditions of the 28-year-old South African’s release into corrective supervision just 10 months into his five year sentence for manslaughter.

http://ghemedia.com/oscar-pistorius-to-be-released-next-week/
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
Why are you smiling at "South Africa's overcrowded jails" ? You do know it's not only South Africans crowding those jails, right? grin
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by vivypretty(f): 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
did he really mistake his gf for a burglar.
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Why are you smiling at "South Africa's overcrowded jails" ? You do know it's not only South Africans crowding those jails, right? grin

Yes I don't know. I have never been to any facility before........ But don't you think its a scheme
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
nyol:

Yes I don't know. I have never been to any facility before........ But don't you think its a scheme

The Oscar thing is an injustice. I don't even know what to say about it. He deserves to remain behind bars.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by psucc(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
That's how the rich and influential get away with crime
Many poor people are left to rot in awaiting trial.
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

The Oscar thing is an injustice. I don't even know what to say about it. He deserves to remain behind bars.
But don't forget the logic aspect of the law. It makes me sulk angry angry attimes
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
psucc:
That's how the rich and influential get away with crime

Many poor people are left to rot in awaiting trial.
I may not agree with you because Oscar might have spent all his earnings on hiring his lawyer. tongue Its a high profile case. Most times people awaiting trial needs help by loved ones so they can access services that can relieve them. So many have OVERSUFFERED. angry angry undecided

The most important prayer of we should not fall a victim
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by springtech(m): 4:41am On Aug 15, 2015
Good for you Oscar. Go and sin no more. And in case you have another gf in the future, dont be so quick to mis-take her for a burglar, ok?

#iamspringtech
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by prospero5(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2015
It was even glaring this guy would escape being jailed even during the trial.
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
springtech:
Good for you Oscar. Go and sin no more. And in case you have another gf in the future, dont be so quick to mis-take her for a burglar, ok?

#iamspringtech
It's a big lesson to him. Because he must have spent a huge fortune to earn him that
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
prospero5:
It was even glaring this guy would escape being jailed even during the trial.
That's why you get a good lawyer grin
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by Demmocrats(m): 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
The fastest way to get rid of your gf is the Oscar's pistorious way grin

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Demmocrats:
The fastest way to get rid of your gf is the Oscar's pistorious way grin
Watch your back some gfs' might be planning this maybe for you grin
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by Demmocrats(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
nyol:

Watch your back some gfs' might be planning this maybe for you grin

Then I have to upgrade in that case may be oj Simpsons style wink
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by dokJ: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
he might still kill again since he didn't suffer much. let him remain there.
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
i swear i must be a Celebrity in dis Life!
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
dokJ:
he might still kill again since he didn't suffer much. let him remain there.
Well thats a probability undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
Demmocrats:

Then I have to upgrade in that case may be oj Simpsons style wink
Well now he's in a correctional facility wink
Re: Oscar Pistorious To Be Released Next Week by nyol: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
i swear i must be a Celebrity in dis Life!
grin

(1) (Reply)

Fake Pastor: Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Sc / Graphic: Angry Mob Burnt Two Yahoo Boys In Delta State. / Lady Thrown Out Of Moving Car In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.