Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (33664 Views)

What APC Did To Abuse GEJ - Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Photos / We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by wellmax(m): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari never said he would declare his assets publicly, his party the All Progressives Congress, APC did, says Presidential Spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina.

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari had promised to declare his assets alongside his Vice-President Yemi Osibanjo but shortly after the polls and swearing-in, the President has refused to do so publicly, being the first promise he has failed to keep.

In an exclusive interview with Mr Kayode Ogundamisi, the appointment of Public officials is the prerogative of President Buhari and Nigerians trusted him with a mandate & he promised September..

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeu_Uum7Og&feature=youtu.be
http://newswirengr.com/2015/08/14/buhari-never-said-he-would-declare-his-assets-publicly-apc-did-says-presidency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Femi Adesina, special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity, says the president never promised to make his assets public.

Adesina said the issue of assets publishing cannot be credited to Buhari but the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said Buhari has declared his assets in compliance with the law and may decide to make them public when verification is concluded by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

He was speaking in an interview with Kayode Ogundamisi, a social commentator.

“You need to get his words right, go and check all that the president said during the campaign, in no place would you see it attributed to him as a person,” Adesina said.

“But then there is a document by his party, the All Progressives Congress, saying he would declare publicly, so we need to set that right, it’s a declaration by his party.

“Now what does the law require? The law requires public officers to declare their assets; he has done that. But his party has a document that says he would do it publicly.

“There is a procedure for that, and the procedure is that you first declare, code of conduct (bureau) would verify and after that, if you want to make it public, the onus lies on you to say release. The procedure has to be followed.”

The presidential spokesman went on to say the decision to release or not release the asset for public consumption would be taken by the president when verification is done.

“He has declared, and it is deposited with the code of conduct bureau and they need to verify. Let’s come to that time when code of conduct would say we have completed verification.”

When contacted, Adesina said he had nothing to add to what he said in the interview.

“You already heard what I said, I have nothing to add,” he told TheCable. Nigerians have been mounting pressure on the president to publish the details of his assets.
https://www.thecable.ng/adesina-buhari-never-said-will-publish-asset

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by wellmax(m): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
PMB just ride on with fixing Nigeria. You have fulfilled the constitutional responsibility of declaring to right body.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by kennydee05(m): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
One chance government.

249 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by pedel: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
What is the difference between what PMB and APC said?

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by knostbrown01(m): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Buhari is a scam...Femi Aribisala told me , i never hear

235 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Tolexander: 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
pedel:
What is the difference between what PMB and APC said?
the difference seems to be similar!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by mumumugu(m): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Look well
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
The guy said that though APC signed a document that the assets will be declared, Buhari never said that he will declare his assets publicly ..

..He offered N1m to anybody with links quoting Buhari saying that he will declare his assets publicly ..

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by queenzibah(f): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
Till 100 days sshaa if I get anytin I tel una

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by ochejoseph(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
‎It is a Shame that we have people who clearly know the truth but malevolently strive to shove lies down our throat 

For The benefit of those who do not know here are the exact words of Gen Buhari 

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment"

https://www.naij.com/388617-buhari-promises-to-publicly-declare-assets-if-elected.html

The "I" There stands for Singular when did the party become a person?

The word "pledge" used here  is stronger than the word "Promise" although I am not an authority in english .

He also promised to get his appointees to do same as a PRE- condition for appointments! 

We are yet to see the Asset Declaration of the following people 

1. Lawan Daura  DG SSS/ self appointed EFCC chairman 

2. Adeshina himself and Garba Shehu 

3. GMD NNPC, NIMASA MD, and a host of other appointments made.

Like Fayose said Buhari's Government makes so much noise without substance, informing  Armed robbers you are coming is simply telling them with me you will always have a head start ,so flee !

Buhari has no moral justification to alleniate himself from the party that gave him the ticket! 

They made the promise, Millions voted on The basis of those promises , they got what they wanted Now Nigerians must get what they were promised!!!!

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians

404 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by queenzibah(f): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
dunkem21:
grin
thhis thing no suprise you ooo
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
queenzibah:
thhis thing no suprise you ooo

Barcanista ..Come o grin
..abi barcansta sef grin
..LWKMD grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by tucky200(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
Declaring of assets or not...we have all seen he his determined to change nigeria which is the compulsory thing we need...declaring of assets will not help naija

Sai baba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
When we say APC and Buhari are frauds their supporters call us "wailers". Plss read below

"“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment."
General Muhammadu Buhari
https://www.naij.com/388617-buhari-promises-to-publicly-declare-assets-if-elected.html

205 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by queenzibah(f): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
dunkem21:

Barcanista ..Come o grin

..abi barcansta sef grin

..LWKMD grin
lol call my oga abeg: but wait are you saying we may not see their assets by 100 days? Well #preparing_food
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Mogidi: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2015

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
Those of you saying did GEJ declare his?

isnt that the reason for change,

we elected change to depart from the norm or opaqueness

we want transparency, so you cant defend GMBs action by saying "did GEJ declare his?"

In other news, Nigeria is becoming like The Big brother London in George Orwell's 1984

at anytime they want APC will erase what they said and put up a different thing and the populace will all willingly erase thwir memory and remember "DOCTORED TRUTHS"

Nna eh, Nigeria is spiralling in a wrong direction

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by kizzybalze(m): 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
@op, is buhari having ur familly belongings with him, i jus wonder how nigerians like trivalities so much, he(buhari) have said in his first hundred days in office,he will make his asset public but u guys wouldn't let him rest, all this bitter lossers stop weeping and come to face reality, Gej is gone and gone for bad. but wait o, did Gej declare his?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by hinwazaka: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
Anyone thinking PMB will declare his assets or fulfil any of his promises is simply insane and needs a psych evaluation. That is why GEJ remains the man to beat. He never promised something as stupid as this. He always told us the truth no matter how bitter it tasted. Unlike PMB who was so desperate to sit in Aso rock that he told lies taller than a palm tree. Well he may think he has gotten away with it, but he should know the honeymoon will soon be over. By March, three months after his ridiculous deadline, he will receive hell on earth and will learn why it is stupid to think you can fool a angry, hungry population

195 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by dunkem21(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
queenzibah:
lol call my oga abeg: but wait are you saying we may not see their assets by 100 days? Well #preparing_food

We ain't seeing anything at all ..NOTHING!

APC is different from Buhari - Adesina

grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by CSTR2: 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
LOL.
ZOO governed by pariahs.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by chymystique(f): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
PMB is just as sanctimonious as his party APC! Femi Adesina dont allow God punish you cause of your lies. Nigerians are on a long thing with this one chance dullardic govt. angry

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is pure scam. Anyone who says otherwise has sold his soul to the devil.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by yrret: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Am not flabbergasted. But the statement is twisted.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
queenzibah:
Sweetjeart, a®e you surprised? Buhari has been p*ssy-footing over this subject. That man isn't clean. I've been crying since day 1 that Buhari isn't interested in transparent leadership. But we shall continue to hold him accountable!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by hinwazaka: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
kizzybalze:
@op, is buhari having ur familly belongings with him, i jus wonder how nigerians like trivalities so much, he(buhari) have said in his first hundred days in office,he will make his asset public but u guys wouldn't let him rest, all this bitter lossers stop weeping and come to face reality, Gej is gone and gone for bad. but wait o, did Gej declare his?
GEJ never promised he would declare his assets, PMB did. Jonathan knew better and so didn't make such a promise. It seems you don't understand the implication of breaking such a promise. If PMB fails to deliver on this first sacred pact he made with the people, then you can be rest assured that he will fail to deliver on the others. There in, lies the danger

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by enkay2go(f): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎It is a Shame that we have people who clearly know the truth but malevolently strive to shove lies down our throat 

For The benefits of those who do not know here are the exact words of Gen Buhari 

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment"

The "I" There stands for Singular when did the party become a person?

The word "pledge" used here  is stronger than the word "Promise" although I am not an authority in english .

He also promised to get his appointees to do same as a PRE- condition for appointments! 

We are yet to see the Asset Declaration of the following people 

1. Lawan Daura  DG SSS and Acting EFCC chairman 

2. Adeshina himself and Garba Shehu 

3. GMD NNPC, NIMASA MD, and a host of other appointments made.

Like Fayose said Buhari's Government makes so much noise without substance, informing  Armed robbers you are coming is simply telling them with me you will always have a head start ,so flee !

Buhari has no moral justification to alleniate himself from the party that gave him the ticket! 

They made the promise, Millions voted on The basis of those promises , they got what they wanted Now Nigerians must get what they were promised!!!!

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

Your head dey there. Ure so on point.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by queenzibah(f): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
barcanista:
Sweetjeart, a®e you surprised? Buhari has been p*ssy-footing over this subject. That man isn't clean. I've been crying since day 1 that Buhari isn't interested in transparent leadership. But we shall continue to hold him accountable!
haahaha lol this is serious ,our hope seems 100dayss but now is like APC iss no longer Buhhari .....thhis is strong to digest. Let's watch and see

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by queenzibah(f): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
dunkem21:

We ain't seeing anything at all ..NOTHING!

APC is different from Buhari - Adesina

grin
mean we should not listen to APC but to Adesini or Buhari? APC not Buhari nawa oooo

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
hinwazaka:
Anyone thinking PMB will declare his assets or fulfil any of his promises is simply insane and needs a psych evaluation. That is why GEJ remains the man to beat. He never promised something as stupid as this. He always told us the truth no matter how bitter it tasted. Unlike PMB who was so desperate to sit in Aso rock that he told lies taller than a palm tree. Well he may think he has gotten away with it, but he should know the honeymoon will soon be over. By March, three months after his ridiculous deadline, he will receive hell on earth and will learn why it is stupid to think you can fool a angry, hungry population
We have to be very careful in this country bros. Buhari and APC are nothing but "Lying Liars"

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
queenzibah:
haahaha lol this is serious ,our hope seems 100dayss but now is like APC iss no longer Buhhari .....thhis is strong to digest. Let's watch and see
You begin to wonder whether Buhari rode to power as an independent candidate or APC candidate. It is more pathetic when you consider the fact that he made the statement.

61 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun / Khadiza Danlami Alhassan Iman Wears N784K Shoes To Her Wedding (Photos) / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.