Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,335 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company (2717 Views)

Meaning Of CEO, MD And Chairman Of A Company / Do Even Bad Business Reviews Matter To Run A Successful Business? / How To Run A Successful Affiliate Marketing Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by enkrypt: 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Dear NL people.

Let me first apologize because this post will be long for detail and veracity sake.

I have to say that after reviewing the company in the subject, Disappointment quickly comes to mind, coupled with pent up rage and frustration.

I challenge Anaele iroh @irohadis and mike ikem umealo to respond to this post if they see any lies or want to defend their administrative/management style.

Like all good stories i will start at the beginning.

When circuit Atlantic started, they were excellent. They delivered on time with timely updates.

As business got better, they got worse, they didn‘t scale accordingly.

Its like a sad love song where i kept hoping that things will improve and they kept disappointing, my last package before this nightmare took quarter of a year to get to me, after almost daily calls and uncountable mails.

Unfortunately for them, they are their own worst enemies.

This is the root of their crisis: They don‘t understand the difference between customer satisfaction and patronizing service.

if a large percentage of your mails start with " we are sorry for your inconvenience " then you have a very big problem.

See they are supposed to be a logistics company but they misunderstand what service failure actually is.
It is not enough to get the package to the customer, but you have to get it to him in a timely fashion.
So mike, every time an airfreight package takes longer than your advertised 15 working days for any reason whatsoever, your team has failed. Thats the hard truth.

lets now review my latest order.

I made an order on the 15th of June, i have sent over 40 emails, a lot of which were unanswered.
Ive called your office to the point i am on first name basis with your staff, and i have come to the understanding that they are trying to do their best, but their hands are tied.

I cannot accept that your Nigeria office cannot tell your US office to produce something that one of them in the US signed for, with a time bound deadline.

The fact that paying customers are getting so frustrated with the service that they abandon their items in your care is the worst kind of advertisement you can get.

I'm sorry but changing the name of the company wont help, memories are long.

If you want to see how much customers decry your service, search here on nairaland for circuit atlantic or shippy me, the same problems that customers complained of before mike was brought in, we are still complaining of them.

Here is what i think you can do to patch your leaking roof:

1. make restitution to the people you have erred; if you go through the shippy me customer care page here on nairaland there are dozens of people that you have genuinely wronged. People like @twinskenny, @MrsNaira, @frisky2good, @princemiah, @ginger81, @yomazon, etc just to name a few. There is nothing that can kill a business as quickly as ill will from one time customers, ask ajinomoto if you doubt it.

2. put a response time frame on escalations and packages in distress; the absence of a hard resolution time on PIDs is what makes packages to enter elongated time without solution. in logistics Murphy‘s law is inevitable, hence plan for it. Where i work, when an item is escalated you have 2 hours to give a report on it, and we dont know where it is is equivalent to take the cost from my salary.

3. create a conflict resolution personnel, whose job is to make sure that you dont have to send "we are sorry for inconveniences mail". if there is a problem, solve it before the customer starts asking about it. your sorry is useless to the customer, tell him how you are either fixing or have fixed the problem.

4. stop patronizing the customers. the correct response for where is my package is not "we have escalated to the US team". you have not answered the question or alayed the customers fears of loosing his item. a good response is "the US team are rechecking the warehouse, we will update you in two hours". that way the customer knows his item is been searched for and knows when it should be found.

5. update your customers frequently and timely. if you need another 2 hours, send the customer a mail or call him. dont wait for him to call you and remind you that you said you would update him, its unprofessional.

6. Finally, your US team and Nigeria team should be on the same page, daily reports are compulsory. You are a logistics company, act like one.

I wish you best of luck as you find my ipad and send it to me as i dont consider it funny that i have received a screen protector and casing while the ipad that you have been looking for, for over 2 weeks before your issues with the NJPD came up still remains officially not missing.

If Anaele Iroh or mike umealo dont bother to respond to this post, then you will be proving that you dont have the wellbeing of the company at heart.

the proverbial ball is in your court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by frisky2good(m): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
In my opinion, the whole circuit atlantic, shippyme or zaposta company is a big scam. Big with capital B. They are irresponsible and useless. A complete example of how not to run a business like you summarized it. I just don't understand why NL has not banned their IDs from this forum. Anyway, I just thank God I eventually got my last item before they finally collapsed.
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by afelouz(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2015
I don't know what to say about this people.
I have items worth more than 600,000 naira with them and they just went offline. 2 macbook laptop which was signed for and received in their U.S office is yet to be updated on my account before they went offline, this was before the date they stated that they don't receive items again because of the closure of their warehouse! and another box of different merchandise which I was billed for already in my shippyme account is still in their custody. several calls were made and they keep telling me it will be sorted out soon.
i checked back after 7 weeks and the site is up again, i was happy hoping that they will start shipping items in their warehouse, not until i called again and i was told that they are yet to start operation, really they are yet to start operation but they can advertise another company called zaposta.
Well, I'm still hopeful, and praying that they sort everything out and my items had better not be missing!!.. I'm still on my cool based on the good days whereby they deliver on time.

I don't know how they want people to do business with zaposta when you are holding customers items in your warehouse. angry angry angry
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by sommie1007: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
enkrypt:
Dear NL people.
Let me first apologize because this post will be long for detail and veracity sake.
I have to say that after reviewing the company in the subject, Disappointment quickly comes to mind, coupled with pent up rage and frustration.
I challenge Anaele iroh @irohadis and mike ikem umealo to respond to this post if they see any lies or want to defend their administrative/management style.
When circuit Atlantic started, they were excellent. They delivered on time with timely updates.
Its like a sad love song where i kept hoping that things will improve and they kept disappointing, my last package before this nightmare took quarter of a year to get to me, after almost daily calls and uncountable mails.
This is the root of their crisis: They don‘t understand the difference between customer satisfaction and patronizing service.
if a large percentage of your mails start with " we are sorry for your inconvenience " then you have a very big problem.
See they are supposed to be a logistics company but they misunderstand what service failure actually is.
It is not enough to get the package to the customer, but you have to get it to him in a timely fashion.
So mike, every time an airfreight package takes longer than your advertised 15 working days for any reason whatsoever, your team has failed. Thats the hard truth.
I made an order on the 15th of June, i have sent over 40 emails, a lot of which were unanswered.
Ive called your office to the point i am on first name basis with your staff, and i have come to the understanding that they are trying to do their best, but their hands are tied.
I cannot accept that your Nigeria office cannot tell your US office to produce something that one of them in the US signed for, with a time bound deadline.
The fact that paying customers are getting so frustrated with the service that they abandon their items in your care is the worst kind of advertisement you can get.
If you want to see how much customers decry your service, search here on nairaland for circuit atlantic or shippy me, the same problems that customers complained of before mike was brought in, we are still complaining of them.
1. make restitution to the people you have erred; if you go through the shippy me customer care page here on nairaland there are dozens of people that you have genuinely wronged. People like @twinskenny, @MrsNaira, @frisky2good, @princemiah, @ginger81, @yomazon, etc just to name a few. There is nothing that can kill a business as quickly as ill will from one time customers, ask ajinomoto if you doubt it.
2. put a response time frame on escalations and packages in distress; the absence of a hard resolution time on PIDs is what makes packages to enter elongated time without solution. in logistics Murphy‘s law is inevitable, hence plan for it. Where i work, when an item is escalated you have 2 hours to give a report on it, and we dont know where it is is equivalent to take the cost from my salary.
3. create a conflict resolution personnel, whose job is to make sure that you dont have to send "we are sorry for inconveniences mail". if there is a problem, solve it before the customer starts asking about it. your sorry is useless to the customer, tell him how you are either fixing or have fixed the problem.
4. stop patronizing the customers. the correct response for where is my package is not "we have escalated to the US team". you have not answered the question or alayed the customers fears of loosing his item. a good response is "the US team are rechecking the warehouse, we will update you in two hours". that way the customer knows his item is been searched for and knows when it should be found.
5. update your customers frequently and timely. if you need another 2 hours, send the customer a mail or call him. dont wait for him to call you and remind you that you said you would update him, its unprofessional.
6. Finally, your US team and Nigeria team should be on the same page, daily reports are compulsory. You are a logistics company, act like one.
I wish you best of luck as you find my ipad and send it to me as i dont consider it funny that i have received a screen protector and casing while the ipad that you have been looking for, for over 2 weeks before your issues with the NJPD came up still remains officially not missing.
If Anaele Iroh or mike umealo dont bother to respond to this post, then you will be proving that you dont have the wellbeing of the company at heart.

You couldn't have said it better. I concur with you a 100% on these suggestions. Your point about their US and Nigerian team being out of sync is probably their biggest problem...
I have been a victim of Shippyme, still a victim. But for the purpose of time and space, I will give only details of my latest grouse with Shippyme below:

My goods have been stuck with Shippyme since June 2015. They say they're under 'regulatory scrutiny' by the 'US authorities' for shipping of illegal/stolen goods, (which I now believe they're guilty of). Else how does one explain 4 months of regulatory scrutiny, no updates from them, & when I call all they do is lie to me, which makes me think they're kind of retarded, or just plain lousy.

And to worsen the whole situation is the fact that I was never told about this scrutiny until I called. These items were duly paid for and delivered to carrier, but I was never told they were RECALLED. In fact, the automated countdown on my Shippyme page had already commenced timing the number of days before my goods arrived Lagos. I even further purchased many other items using their address. Some of these items were eventually either lost in transit, returned to merchant and refunded, or never returned/refunded due to 'incorrect address'. A simple proactive communication from Shippyme once this scrutiny started would've prevented this sad loss.

I called Shippyme for the umpteenth time yesterday, and I was told that a link would be sent to me from where I can provide proof of ownership of my items so they could take it up from there/submit to the US Authorities. I asked when this started and the customer care guy said it started since June. So I thought to myself: It is either they are doing another lousy job (terrible information dissemination), or they are perpetual lairs. I have been calling Shippyme since this 'scrutiny' started and never was I told about this 'measure'.

Dear Shippyme, Iroh Adis, Circuit Atlantic or whoever is reading this, we are not fools, we sometimes understand the situation (on ground). All you need to do is respect your customers intelligence and be sincere with us.

If/when this scrutiny is over (assuming it ever comes to an end), you are definitely going to lose most of your customers (Those who couldn't patronize you are now comfortable using other alternatives - I for e.g have used Shoptomydoor, LSM global shipping etc without issues since this started; And those who were affected could never trust your services anymore).

Here's my suggestion in all this: You might want to EXPEDITE the shipping of these delayed items. If possible, some light items - maybe below 40lbs - scheduled for ocean freight should be air freighted. Your aim should be to please these affected customers, so you can keep them. They are the reason you are in business. You can also decide to take the 'He-that-is-down-needs-fear-no-fall route', by doing what you think will benefit you ALONE. Needless to say, a successful Business is about negotiations, compromise and sacrifice, geared towards friendly customer-centric operations.

I have started taking personal steps and plans to retrieve my goods, as I have every reason to believe I could never get my items back depending just on your mediocre, insincere ways.

It pains me that Shippyme operates from the USA, where outstanding customer service, and humility in business is the watchword for most businesses, yet decide to treat their Nigerian customers with disdain and laxity.

Like the poster said already, the ball is in your court; You can continue to play it like Olivier Giroud as you've mostly done in the past, OR you can chose to play it like Lionel Messi.

BTW: My shipment number is S1503130769
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by Shaval: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
I have dealt with Shippyme for a long time. In the beginning they weren't great but they were good. The packages always took longer to arrive than stated on their site but they eventually got there after a month or so. By the time I sent my last package with them it was a total mess. They misplaced parts of my order and couldn't find items in their warehouse. The US team said it was the Nigeria team and the Nigeria team blamed the US team. They stopped answering their phone and IF they answered the emails it was a standard one that never really addressed the problem. That package took several months to arrive at it's destination and then they showed a balance due even though I had transferred the funds directly to their account from my bank when I placed the order. It was months until that was straightened out and this was one of the worst shipping experiences I ever had.

When I checked the site I saw that it was down so figured they had to have closed shop because of the bad reviews and service. Now I see they are called Zaposta. They should really have changed their name to IMPOSTER because the company is now a scam or maybe it is just that they couldn't handle the business or keep track of things. I just don't know. All I know is that I will never use them again. I am going back to Shoptomydoor. There were some problems there too but nothing like the experience I had with Shippyme. I will give Shoptomydoor another shot and see what happens.

Do yourself a big favour and stay away from Zaposta or you will have a big headache and possible loss of your items. If nothing else you will wait months for your things to arrive.
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by Piyke: 11:46am On Nov 11, 2015
enkrypt:
Dear NL people.

This is really terrible, mine was "delivered to carrier" since June and to date I am yet to receive anything!!!
I simply do not believe that shippyme/circuit atlantic and now zaposta has been undergoing regulatory scrutiny for the past 5 months! Its the US for goodness sake and not Nigeria. I smell real lies. Their initial response was that the scrutiny would take 30 days, its been 5 months. Rather than see things through, they left NJ and opened a new office.
Really appalling. My order was 25lbs
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by NanaF: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2015
They are a start up company. Please bear with them. I see most issues emanated around June. Please continue to support them so they can come out of this stronger
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by NanaF: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2015
On the 30th of June, the fulfillment facility of Circuit Atlantic Inc, our US sister company that processed shipments for Circuitatlantic.com and Shippyme.com, was shut down by the State of New Jersey. Our staff there were harassed and sacked and all packages pending delivery were taken away. The company and its management were accused of instructing the US staff to ship items believed to have been procured by fraudulent customers. The confiscated packages belong to mostly innocent Nigerian customers who have purchased them with their hard earned money from US vendors. This is a fact.

All legitimate owners of property currently in the custody of the State of New Jersey can be sure to receive them if they have proof of ownership. We believe strongly that there will be no basis for a permanent seizure of items belonging to innocent people if the laws of the state of New Jersey and the United States prevail. It is politically and morally incorrect to cast all Nigerians as fraudulent because of the actions of a few.

We have been economical with information because of the restrictions imposed on our management regarding communication with customers for legal reasons. We have asked the New Jersey Justice department, through our lawyers, to give us a phone number or email which our customers can contact in order to get a direct response on the status of the packages in their custody. So far we have received no response.

We really understand the agitation of affected users and would like this issue resolved as soon as possible. It has gone on for too long. The delay has not been our making and has been tremendously costly to our customers and to us as well. Up to this moment, we have not been questioned on the issue. No one from the department has sought clarification or information from the management. We are as much in the dark as you are. You are free to look up the department’s contact on the web for enquiry and to verify our claim.

Scheduled exploratory meetings have been moved every month since July at the instance of the New Jersey Justice department. It is now set for the 20th of Nov. Please bear with us until after this meeting to provide more details on this case.

Again we plead for your understanding. As a Nigerian company, we have been focused on providing a good service. We have worked hard on achieving that. We need your support to scale through these trying times. There must be a resolution. Please bear with us.

Sincerely,

Circuit Atlantic Limited.
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by james809: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by AleAirHub(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
My experience with them made us who we are today.... i really pass hell under their watch as a newbie.... well i will reserve my comments and wish them fast recovering!!!...
Bravo
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by ib22003(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
thank you everyone, please who do you guys recommend to ship from amazon.com
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by NanaF: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
ib22003:
thank you everyone, please who do you guys recommend to ship from amazon.com

Try ISOX shipping.

Used them of recent to ship a new iPhone from Amazon.
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2016
I can help you buy and ship from amazon @ ib22003
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by ib22003(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2016
for now i need only a good shipper,i wanted to try zaposta but after reading alot of comment, i will not try that, i sell amazon gift cards at 270/$ and i can also help you pay for items in your amazon wishlist if you interested 08103234587,
Infinitikoncept:
I can help you buy and ship from amazon @ ib22003
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by ib22003(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2016
amazon.co.uk giftcards also available
Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by Infinitikoncept(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2016
ib22003:
for now i need only a good shipper,i wanted to try zaposta but after reading alot of comment, i will not try that, i sell amazon gift cards at 270/$ and i can also help you pay for items in your amazon wishlist if you interested 08103234587,
Let me help you ship then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company by elex3177: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2016
I am also using ISOX and it's much cheaper than Shoptomydoor.

Customer service is also always available on phone and email.

NanaF:

Try ISOX shipping.

Used them of recent to ship a new iPhone from Amazon.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Greedy South East Man. / Will Prices Of Foodstuffs Ever Come Down If Recession Ends? / Micro Job Sites - Get Paid To Do Simple Jobs/tasks Online Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.