Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV (53339 Views)

5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com / 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Robinhood477: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
THINK U NEXT PLSSSS
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by pretydiva(f): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Runs 2 check my cv
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by distinguished1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
So if I cease to have them on my CV, I may presume that I would land the job?
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Dindondin(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
una suppose join this thread with the similar one on the FP and add both Op as authors
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by ruggedtimi(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
i had issues with my email too...so i chnged it frm ruggedtimi@yahoo.com to sumthng better
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Abduletudaye(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
This is the height! angry People keep showing us ways on how to correct our CV's(we have tons on NL) and yet, after all these ways of scrutinizing our own CV's before pushing them for jobs, a lot of people still dont get calls for interviews...

That been said, I really dont like enterpreneurship but i am beginning to see reasons why one should endulge...Naija is just a mess when it comes to Jobs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by opeugo: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
[size=16pt]for your next recruitment aptitude test - visit www. recruitment. assure. com. ng (Pls ignore the spaces when typing the web address) to access sample questions and answers in CBT format for FREE![/size]
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
swtchicgurl:
ok...the first one especially!

Nope. When they see a nice cleavage it wont matter again.
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by swtchicgurl: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ontarget:

Nope. When they see a nice cleavage it wont matter again.

Maybe employers like you tongue
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
noted
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by vickylala239: 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
ajahexcel:
It is important to know what your recruiter is looking for and ensure that only those things are presented to them.

Giving less or excess can deny you of your dream job.

Here is a list of 3 things recruiters hate to find in your curriculum Vitae.

1. Inappropriate Email addresses

You know that email address that you created when you were young and without a care in the world? Employer do not like them, especially in a case where you are applying for senior management positions. The likes of babyjoy@something.com, sugarspice@whatever.com etc.

If you are still using these email addresses it is time to grow up, trash them and create new professional email addresses that will depict you as being professional and mature.

2. Head Shots/pictures

Has someone told you that the current CV trend is attaching your photo on the CV? This is not advisable unless the company you are applying for has specifically asked you to attach a photo.

Photos put employers in difficult positions as they put themselves up for questions about discrimination in all forms.

Stick to these simple tips and maybe your CV will receive more attention and consideration the next time you apply for a job.

3. Poor Formatting

Is the font in your CV all over the place? Do you have a mix of calibri, aerial and times new roman for creativity? It is time to introduce your CV to consistency. Choose just one format and stick to it. Do not add color or calligraphy to your document.

http://pastquestionsandanswers.com/3-things-recruiters-hate-to-see-on-your-cv/

Guy this is shiit

Weda u Xcept is Gud or Not.a job that is for u s for u.

I Hv seen some that was asked to cum n strt.Without test or cv.

Sum Ppl r asked only deir name n Dey strt.

Some d panel Jst Lik u.

All this is shit.

Ppl Hv clean cv yet noting.

Pray to God.
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by IceDude(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
The email addresses cracked me up. OP just made me remember my 1st email ....if i talk am Nairalanders with dia bad mouth go just finish me grin....Nice one OP
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by upsonn(m): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
When u value money more than financial education... U become an employee n u will have many rules before u can get job... Kontinu
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by DTOBS(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
great! thanks
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Micheydy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
This an informative tips.
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by lepasharon(f): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
is that it ?...ok
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by David0(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Oversabi is one major problem wt our Naija Hr.
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
Thans so much nairaland for dis observation
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by emitheo(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
nice 1
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
I feel in some case the reverse might be the case..i was thinking...what if I use an email add like nigerdeltamilitant@yahoo.com..

grin grin...company go say if we no employ this boy all our pipelines fit burst oo.. grin
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by expartraite: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Thanks
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by AreaFada2: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Redhotsexygirl@saucy.com grin cheesy. Nice one OP.
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by missmary(f): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=ajahexcel post=36980356]It is important to know what your recruiter is looking for and ensure that only those things are presented to them.

You know that email address that you created when you were young and without a care in the world? Employer do not like them, especially in a case where you are applying for senior management positions. The likes of babyjoy@something.com, sugarspice@whatever.com etc.

Eatbootyandboobs@hotmail.com
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Shukran(f): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
You are wrong with no.2 because it depend on the company and it standards. I work in HR... and the standard is and even when we advertise it stated in the advert that you should attached a photo.
ajahexcel:
It is important to know what your recruiter is looking for and ensure that only those things are presented to them.

If you are still using these email addresses it is time to grow up, trash them and create new professional email addresses that will depict you as being professional and mature.

2. Head Shots/pictures

Has someone told you that the current CV trend is attaching your photo on the CV? This is not advisable unless the company you are applying for has specifically asked you to attach a photo.

Photos put employers in difficult positions as they put themselves up for questions about discrimination in all forms.

Stick to these simple tips and maybe your CV will receive more attention and consideration the next time you apply for a job.

3. Poor Formatting

Is the font in your CV all over the place? Do you have a mix of calibri, aerial and times new roman for creativity? It is time to introduce your CV to consistency. Choose just one format and stick to it. Do not add color or calligraphy to your document.

http://pastquestionsandanswers.com/3-things-recruiters-hate-to-see-on-your-cv/
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by MagicEmpire: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
In Dubai, any CV without a Passport picture is invalid
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by follyinfo(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
NOTED
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
E-mail: www.seyimusachuks@yahoomail.com.ng undecided undecidedgh
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Some job seeker be like i have 2 email: www.seyimusachuks@yahoomail.com.ng
Sexyhotypanty@freemail.com
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by ojnnaco(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2015
Shout out to u....
Re: 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV by Eddodoh(m): 1:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Shukran:
You are wrong with no.2 because it depend on the company and it standards. I work in HR... and the standard is and even when we advertise it stated in the advert that you should attached a photo.
I have some inquiries to make. Can i pm u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / Lady Goes Missing During Job Interview In Akwa Ibom (photos) / Heritage Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.