Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm (3157 Views)

When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / Sleep With Ooni’s Ex-queen, Die Prematurely, Ifa Priest Warned / Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by funmijoyb(f): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
I ask my igbo brethren who tried to use the death of the Ooni to ridicule the entire YORUBA race, those who invented the "Abobaku" joke and who even went as far as sharing pictures of half naked Ethiopians as ILE IFE aborigines, what do you really stand to gain by making enemies while you should make friends?

The YORUBA race, is a race deep in culture and perhaps has the most documented religion known world wide originating from Africa. Every culture has unique practices, the English have theirs, the Arabs do, the Jews do, but culture is dynamic and in many ways evolves. To see fellow Africans try to make sport of the entire heritage of a people, smacks of a deep inferiority complex.

Sarkin KANO Ado Bayero died, the entire nation honored him, prominent igbo leaders like Ojukwu died and we all honored him, but Benjamin Adekunle (Black Scorpion) died and Igbos started to mock him, then SIJUWADE Olubuse dies and it is the same mockery from the same quarters? We YORUBAS might not even like SIJUWADE as a person but the stool of Oduduwa he sits on must be revered.

Once more, I ask my many Ndigbo brothers who take delight in denigrating others and insulting others values (and who mostly can't even tolerate honest criticsm of their actions) if you remember the saying "as you price you pay"?

It is impossible for a group of people to continue to openly tell me how much they hate my race or people and then expect that those same feelings wouldnt be mutual after some time, let's not lie to ourselves nobody has monopoly of madness, foul tongue and general disregard for others. I will see the usual, "why igbo" come here and preach but I really don't care, because I know I am saying the TRUTH.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Bacteriocin(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
K
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
they should not stop but continue let's see if it will help them or destroy them. Definition of Cowards, Cowards can start things but will never finish it.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by deadZONE: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
grin Don't mind those cannibals they are exposing their inferiority complex to the world - fake products, fake drugs and fake news. Everything about them is fake. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by cnwokike(m): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ops, I think you smoke weed. What documentary proof do you have against the Igbos now. The Igbo guy's comment shows that he was totally against the whole ridiculing of the yoruba custom. So please before you start raising dust, you should look properly or better still I can give you an eye glass if you need one.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
cnwokike:
Ops, I think you smoke weed. What documentary proof do you have against the Igbos now. The Igbo guy's comment was shows that he was totally against the whole ridiculing of the yoruba custom. So please before you start raising dust you should look properly or better still I can give you an eye glass if you need one.

grin the original story and picture originated from Igbos on RadioBiafra facebook page - the one smoking weed is you grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
funmijoyb:
I ask my igbo brethren who tried to use the death of the Ooni to ridicule the entire YORUBA race, those who invented the "Abobaku" joke and who even went as far as sharing pictures of half naked Ethiopians as ILE IFE aborigines, what do you really stand to gain by making enemies while you should make friends?

The YORUBA race, is a race deep in culture and perhaps has the most documented religion known world wide originating from Africa. Every culture has unique practices, the English have theirs, the Arabs do, the Jews do, but culture is dynamic and in many ways evolves. To see fellow Africans try to make sport of the entire heritage of a people, smacks of a deep inferiority complex.

Sarkin KANO Ado Bayero died, the entire nation honored him, prominent igbo leaders like Ojukwu died and we all honored him, but Benjamin Adekunle (Black Scorpion) died and Igbos started to mock him, then SIJUWADE Olubuse dies and it is the same mockery from the same quarters? We YORUBAS might not even like SIJUWADE as a person but the stool of Oduduwa he sits on must be revered.

Once more, I ask my many Ndigbo brothers who take delight in denigrating others and insulting others values (and who mostly can't even tolerate honest criticsm of their actions) if you remember the saying "as you price you pay"?

It is impossible for a group of people to continue to openly tell me how much they hate my race or people and then expect that those same feelings wouldnt be mutual after some time, let's not lie to ourselves nobody has monopoly of madness, foul tongue and general disregard for others. I will see the usual, "why igbo" come here and preach but I really don't care, because I know I am saying the TRUTH.
Ethnicity remains an epidemic. Too bad more of this are ahead... What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
You guys are surprised?
Pls no fall my hand o. You should know there is a directly proportional relationship btw that tribe and empty barrel (brain) nah!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
grin Those Igbos who hate Yorubas can do their worse - Loke loke la ma ma lo. We lead they follow. Bad belle is allowed. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
cnwokike:
Ops, I think you smoke weed. What documentary proof do you have against the Igbos now. The Igbo guy's comment was shows that he was totally against the whole ridiculing of the yoruba custom. So please before you start raising dust you should look properly or better still I can give you an eye glass if you need one.
Did you read that before posting it?

cc lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
if anything happens in Southwest, Kwara, Kogi and Edo where about 15 millions of them also live. they will start mocking and becomes so childish as if there is no matured igbo ever frm that tribe to control and redirect them.

Yorubas should make live very difficult for them lest things will not stop

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Wulfruna(f): 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
The whole Abobaku thing was nauseating, really. Very unneccesary. But I've got a few questions, OP:

1. Why are Yoruba people assuming that Igbos were the only people spreading the Abobaku stories? Because I know lots of people who were tweeting about it and taunting Yorubas while at it who aren't Igbos. Matter of them, some of them were even (poorly informed) non-Ife Yorubas. Like most things, y'all are trying to make this another Igbo-vs-Yoruba thing, and that I think is not helpful. Each time either of the two groups is slighted, they believe it's the people across the Niger doing the slighting, even when it is being done by a larger section of Nigerian society.

2. Let's not pretend non-Igbos didn't make fun of Ojukwu when he died. We know they did. So that part of your post is dishonest. They even made fun of Achebe, especially because as a man of title it was being said he was buried after dark. It wasn't only when Adekunle and Oba Sijuwade died that taunters went to town. grin

Interestingly, one of the pictures you shared shows a comment by an Igbo man debunking the Abobaku lies. The same people you want to implicate in the slander.

Peace smiley

16 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by funmijoyb(f): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:

Ethnicity remains an epidemic. Too bad more of this are ahead... What a shame.
you are very right

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
funmijoyb:

is this what your stupid self can infer from all the above? you must be a very slowpoke. pls help me by removing your comments.
I don't follow... Have I said anything wrong?
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by cnwokike(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin the original story and picture originated from Igbos on RadioBiafra facebook page - the one smoking weed is you grin
Please provide proof. Not just writing rubbish because you think you know how to write.

We can get beyond all this hate. After I dont know you same for you. So why all these hate talks about a people you dont even know well?
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Well,
there is nothing to say here.
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by cnwokike(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yes I read it. WhatI want is an end to all these tribal bashing.
Freemanan:

cc lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Omotayor123(f): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gbam!!! You have spoken....
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
cnwokike:
Yes I read it. WhatI want is an end to all these tribal bashing.
And you think such comments will end it? issokay then.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
cnwokike:

Please provide proof. Not just writing rubbish because you think you know how to write.

We can get beyond all this hate. After I dont know you same for you. So why all these hate talks about a people you dont even know well?

grin Go to RadioBiafra facebook and check the thread. Then match the dates. This is a Kanu propaganda that failed woefully. Exposing him and his clueless followers as nothing but tribal bigots. grin I have pointed you in the right direction now get off your behind and do some work. grin

Other WEAK propaganda by Kanu:

1. El Rufai says Buhari is unfit to be President.
2. Nigerian soldiers slaughter an entire village in Cross River
3. Buhari founded and funded Boko Haram.
4. Yoruba pastors are secret agents to destroy Igbo Christians.

The list goes on and on -Kanu would be a comedian if not that some Igbos are actually dumb enough to believe him grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
non of the igbos has played homage to the Yoruba traditional leaders instead they are mocking him and wishing for more Yoruba Obas to die.
infact nigerians are too slow to act.

Check what the igbos published about Oba sijuade today via embarassed
http://www.thebiafraherald.co/2015/08/ooni-oba-sijuwade-goes-to-hell-with.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:

And you think such comments will end it? issokay then.
kk
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Wulfruna:
The whole Abobaku thing was nauseating, really. Very unneccesary. But I've got a few questions, OP:

1. Why are Yoruba people assuming that Igbos were the only people spreading the Abobaku stories? Because I know lots of people who were tweeting about it and taunting Yorubas while at it who aren't Igbos. Matter of them, some of them were even (poorly informed) non-Ife Yorubas. Like most things, y'all are trying to make this another Igbo-vs-Yoruba thing, and that I think is not helpful. Each time either of the two groups is slighted, they believe it's the people across the Niger doing the slighting, even when it is being done by a larger section of Nigerian society.

2. Let's not pretend non-Igbos didn't make fun of Ojukwu when he died. We know they did. So that part of your post is dishonest. They even made fun of Achebe, especially because as a man of title it was being said he was buried after dark. It wasn't only when Adekunle and Oba Sijuwade died that taunters went to town. grin

Interestingly, one of the pictures you shared shows a comment by an Igbo man debunking the Abobaku lies. The same people you want to implicate in the slander.

Peace smiley

The original story originated from Igbos on RadioBiafra Facebook page - they STARTED they lie. Now they are being exposed publicly for FAKE news. Let the process continue. It is what it is. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by funmijoyb(f): 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:

cc lalasticlala Ishilove
sorry i mis interpreted ur point earlier and i sincerely apologized
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by cnwokike(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
And I thought you were intelligent ooo. Why prove me wrong?
Emilokoiyawon:

grin Go to RadioBiafra facebook and check the thread. Then match the dates. This is a Kanu propaganda that failed woefully. Exposing him and his clueless followers as nothing but tribal bigots. grin I have pointed you in the right direction now get off your behind and do some work. grin

Other WEAK propaganda by Kanu:

1. El Rufai says Buhari is unfit to be President.
2. Nigerian soldiers slaughter an entire village in Cross River
3. Buhari founded and funded Boko Haram.
4. Yoruba pastors are secret agents to destroy Igbo Christians.

The list goes on and on -Kanu would be a comedian if not that some Igbos are actually dumb enough to believe him grin grin
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
funmijoyb:

sorry i mis interpreted ur point earlier and i sincerely apologized
I noticed... No offence taken.
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
chowlade:
non of the igbos has played homage to the Yoruba traditional leaders instead they are mocking him and wishing for more Yoruba Obas to die.
infact nigerians are too slow to act.

Check what the igbos published about Oba sijuade today via embarassed
http://www.thebiafraherald.co/2015/08/ooni-oba-sijuwade-goes-to-hell-with.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

grin Don't mind those (the ones who carry Biafra on their head like mugus) Igbos. Its jealousy. Bad belly is allowed. They have finally succeeded in putting the entire Igbo race in a very tight corner as far as their relationship with the Yorubas is concerned. That is exactly what they want - another war. Unfortunately for these inbreds the Yorubas have done this dance before. The Yorubas play 4D chess while these Frauds play common Ludo. They will continue to see us progress and continue to carve positive niches for ourselves in this very Nigeria while these Frauds will continue to be bitter and angry and hopeless. Loke loke la ma ma lo. A wa lo ko iya won. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Emilokoiyawon: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
cnwokike:
And I thought you were intelligent ooo. Why prove me wrong?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by bigfrancis21: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Wulfruna:

Peace smiley

This is weird to me but I am liking this your post for no reason. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by fecosequence(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
ist to do no dy pain bt 2nd to do dy enta blood,in other news yorubas always luv to ridicule any topic on igbos mst esp radio biafra...i tink u guys jst got served
Re: Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm by Wulfruna(f): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is weird to me but I am liking this your post for no reason. undecided

Weird - how? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? / Ikare Has Only One King - H.r.m Olukare Of Ikare / The Destruction Of Ancient African Cities In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.