Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? (2516 Views)

5 Nigerian Secret Societies You Should Know About / See What These Women Were Spotted Tying To A Nepa Pole / 10 Most Embarrassing Photos You Won’t Believe That Actually Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
hayzed1090:
Y the comparison between man and woman? It's not a matter of inferiority or superiority, the two genders have different roles to play in the society. We just need to respect each others role.
Give examples please.
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

So why men come get power pass women That's number 1 thing that makes them see us as inferior.
hahahaha. grin
Don't mind them jare. Next time another dude goes with . . ."we've got nine ribs!"

Shut him up and school him.

The major difference is our nervous and muscular configuration. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Omotayor123(f): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
hahahaha. grin
Don't mind them jare. Next time another dude goes with . . ."we've got nine ribs!"

Shut him up and school him.

The major difference is our nervous and muscular configuration. cool
Oh!!!!
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Jetjacky(m): 6:12am On Aug 26, 2015
I don't side you on this, I believe women can get off their ass and be a contending power in development of Nigeria grin wink
Freemanan:

Funny thing is even as wealthy as They are, society still see them as an inferior specie.... Like men still controls them...

cc Omotayor123 sonofananimal Teempakguy Dharniel Jetjacky MrsChioma Gurgle prettythicksme
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 26, 2015
Jetjacky:
I don't side you on this, I believe women can get off their ass and be a contending power in development of Nigeria grin wink
hmm, you're theoretically right. Unfortunately, theoretically is different from realistically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 26, 2015
Jetjacky:
I believe so too Mate... But the current situation leaves my beliefs vulnerable. Hope exam went well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
hmm, you're theoretically right. Unfortunately, theoretically is different from realistically.
Exactly, this is the ideal situation but not the reality. Too bad
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2015
Freemanan:

Exactly, this is the ideal situation but not the reality. Too bad
the real world is all too different from whatever a human can conjure. Humans tend to conjure up controllable models with as little variables as possible. For example, feminists believe that most women will go with their beliefs and that those who don't are inconsequential. But it turns out that in the real world, reverse is the case. Most women do not go with their beliefs, and those that do are inconsequential.

I think the best thing to do in this case, is to set examples. Examples which will propel future women to overachieve. One problem is that this method is far too late. Feminists seek to find change now.
While that is a good thing, I think it's a tad dangerous.
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
the real world is all too different from whatever a human can conjure. Humans tend to conjure up controllable models with as little variables as possible. For example, feminists believe that most women will go with their beliefs and that those who don't are inconsequential. But it turns out that in the real world, reverse is the case. Most women do not go with their beliefs, and those that do are inconsequential.

I think the best thing to do in this case, is to set examples. Examples which will propel future women to overachieve. One problem is that this method is far too late. Feminists seek to find change now.
While that is a good thing, I think it's a tad dangerous.
The African Psych also kills the movement here. Most Feminist in AFRICA are on the attack instead on the defence of the rights and equality of women, though attack is the best way of defence but there is an exception to every rule and that exception is here. It should be a babystep process, Africans aren't use to it so if the Feminist hype it then the men and tradition will feel threatened hence making more harm than good. Destroying marriages, deeming Feminists as breakers of the norms and customs, societal exile and futile becomes the order of the day for the movement.
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2015
Lolz, Na was oo, God Created Two different people, We re not D Same, The re female we re male, apart from that ladies re lazy, not Sensible, childish, so hw do you expect them to b equal with male ?

Jokers
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Omotayor123(f): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2015
We should ask the society!
Re: Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? by Jetjacky(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
Lol, who tells u me writing exam?? cheesy cheesy
Freemanan:

I believe so too Mate... But the current situation leaves my beliefs vulnerable. Hope exam went well?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Concert With Archbishop Dr Goddowell Avwomakpa. / What Are Your Phobias? / Swollen Testicles (testicular Swelling): Symptoms & Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.