Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,448 members, 7,801,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) (66210 Views)

Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / 3 Bedroom Flat With BQ Attached In Jabi, Abuja For Sale / Is Nike Lake Resort, Enugu The Most Beautiful Hotel In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by blidz2(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2015
this is architecture speaking,we create like God,command like kings.we are d architects coolcoolcool
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2015
Gboliwe:

Please tell us about the location and why you think having a mall there is wrong.
artificial lake / dam lovely site poorly manage since elrufai left. it currently has a functional garden but just one speed boat is active during my last visit few weeks ago
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by blidz2(m): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2015
my friend,shopprite rented d largest space in d mall
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by blidz2(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2015
olajorn:
YES...when You can See The name,You still asking if Its shopprite
no it is shopleft
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by shizzy7(f): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2015
phrezzz:
Shut up. i was at that side yesterday.
to many fools everywhere,, the guy na dunce
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by murtalaa(m): 10:47am On Aug 16, 2015
since1914:

Actually, the initial plan for that stretch of land was to develop series of waterfront leisure, residential and hospitality projects, but I don't know if that has changed. That piece of land was the subject of litigation some years back, hence I suspect that must have altered the course of things. See below a rendering of some of the proposed developments,
how would building one mall change the plan of a whole are. Dont you think the mall could be part of the bigger picture.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by shizzy7(f): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Kelvinpam:
What is the essence of building an exotic mall and filling it up with South african retailers. Where are our indigenous manufacturers? Later we will complain they hiked the prices of their goods. Look at what happen with dstv, we gave them total freedom to monopolize that industry.
Before completion of any mall, they are already there and it disgust me when pple refer to a shopping mall consisting of other retailers as SHOPRITE. Dont you read the names on each shops there?
Festac mall soon to be opened : shoprite has booked already
Jade mall abuja: shoprite booked
Awka ibom mall : shoprite booked

They will monopolize this market soon and y'all will start lamenting for no reason whereas our indigenous retailers and top manufacturers has refused to grasp this opportunity.
Thank GOD for silverbird group still pulling their weight if not all the malls in Nigeria will be dominated by southafrican firms whereas the opposite is the case in their country.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
palms is also indigenous... KFC is a franchise,, I don't know about shoprite,,though I don't patronize them... but the new tejuosho market has the potential of a mall..

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by shizzy7(f): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2015
phrezzz:
Kelvinpam lol. we also have great retail outlets like justrite, globus,etc plus walmart will drag competition. already dstv are loosing ground. startimes NG has already gotton bundesliga, seria a, all fifa competitions, Ligue1, only epl and la liga. though they are just waiting for dstv rights to expire on those 1's
There is one ACTV its actually indigenous all they need is expansion,, consat is indigenous but expensive..,,, palms is indigenous BUT I think the likes of jumia and konga can also be tagged as competitors with these malls..
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by alabiyemmy(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2015
apcmustwin:
Is it shoprite?

Shoprite do not own shopping malls, they are tenants just like any other business. Get it right.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Gboliwe: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

artificial lake / dam lovely site poorly manage since elrufai left. it currently has a functional garden but just one speed boat is active during my last visit few weeks ago

Having just one speedboat is not enough reason. As a matter of fact, nothing you said is enough reason not to have a mall there.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2015
GspotAngela:
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?

who gave birth to diz one oo shocked
your pic and name said it all... u are a minus 1 from nigeria!
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2015
May the mall live longer than the life of silverbird mall wch has falling ceilings and burnt AC with abandoned esccallators and fading tiles with conductors in elevators and halls been used for meeting place n services.

Also, may the security men be dedicated to ttheir jobs and stop hailing customers for cash by been loyal.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2015
Okay oooooo.I pass that area most often and i must state that the model looks way better than the mall itself.
Iam also privy to info that one of our presidents ownts it.

Shop rite is being greedy,This will be their 3rd outlet in Abuja.I dont think Government should encourage this as we have our own indigenuosly owned malls and shoud encourage their success.Is shop rite trying to cripple NEXT MALL hence the building of another outlet close to it?
They know next mall is their competition

South Africa will never encourage Nigerian growth in their country infact they will discourage us with stringent policies so y exactly should we encourage or condone this? [b]This is really painfu[/b]l

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Gboliwe:

Having just one speedboat is not enough reason. As a matter of fact, nothing you said is enough reason not to have a mall there.
bro i was never against d mall
just explaining current situation
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Kelvinpam(m): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

ShopRite is still in silverbird galleria Abuja. embarassed

itz good to know. At least silverbird gave them a space this time and not like dey rented half of d mall this time.
I dont ve a problem with shoprite in fact I enjoy their fish each time I am opportuned to visit there. The issue is their dominance. There is no competition whatsoeva and when a new mall is built, they always take a greater portion of these malls. Wat are other retail agents waiting for? These SA firms got no joy. They mite repeat what they did wit dstv thereby holding nigerians at bay. I can testify they have adjusted their weigh meter. I could get up to 6 grilled fish for abt a thousand naira as at last year but I noticed I get same number of fish for abt 1.5k now.

Some1 mentioned KFC, this is a different market. There competitors are chicken republic, TFC, Mr. Biggs and so on. As for jumia, that is an online market wit great competitors already e.g dealdey, supermart, konga and so on.

We need retails agents ready to go head to head with shoprite. I cant think of any.

It will not only ensure a better market but a check on their prices.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Kelvinpam(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:
Okay oooooo.I pass that area most often and i must state that the model looks way better than the mall itself.

Shop rite is being greedy,This will be their 3rd outlet in Abuja.I dont think Government should encourage this as we have our own indigenuosly owned malls and shoud encourage their success.Is shop rite trying to cripple NEXT MALL hence the building of another outlet close to it?

South Africa will never encourage Nigerian growth in their country infact they will discourage us with stringent policies so y exactly should we encourage or condone this? This is really painful

Exactly my point. We need competitors.

Majority of the malls have SA firms e.g game, shoprite in them. I'm starting to suspect these firms mite be the one financing the building of these malls.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by naijaboiy: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kelvinpam:

itz good to know. At least silverbird gave them a space this time and not like dey rented half of d mall this time.
I dont ve a problem with shoprite in fact I enjoy their fish each time I am opportuned to visit there. The issue is their dominance. There is no competition whatsoeva and when a new mall is built, they always take a greater portion of these malls. Wat are other retail agents waiting for? These SA firms got no joy. They mite repeat what they did wit dstv thereby holding nigerians at bay. I can testify they have adjusted their weigh meter. I could get up to 6 grilled fish for abt a thousand naira as at last year but I noticed I get same number of fish for abt 1.5k now.

Some1 mentioned KFC, this is a different market. There competitors are chicken republic, TFC, Mr. Biggs and so on. As for jumia, that is an online market wit great competitors already e.g dealdey, supermart, konga and so on.

We need retails agents ready to go head to head with shoprite. I cant think of any.

It will not only ensure a better market but a check on their prices.
I wonder what happened to all those leventis stores and UAC from back then.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by TheAlchemist: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Every time i read about a new shopping mall being built i weep for my country.... where are the new factories being built? Is Nigeria condemned to be a buy and sell economy?
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
apcmustwin:

I'm sure you have chewing gum glued to your eye. If not, you will see d first pix clearly shows shoprite
So because you see a Shoprite sign it means the whole mall is 'Shoprite'? What is wrong with some of you people sef? Is it lack of exposure or what?
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by since1914(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
murtalaa:
how would building one mall change the plan of a whole are. Dont you think the mall could be part of the bigger picture.

Just as I said earlier, there is no definite information suggesting that the plans have been changed. I am only speculating. As a designer, I have seen the construction site up close and I can tell that the building footprint of the mall alone now covers a lot more than the waterfront's initial masterplan showed... I might be wrong.

Secondly, the developers of the project whom hitherto promoted the project as Continous Waterfront Promenade complete with its own masterplan, are now promoting the mall as a stand alone retail project, rather than as a mixed - use development.

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
TheAlchemist:
Every time i read about a new shopping mall being built i weep for my country.... where are the new factories being built? Is Nigeria condemned to be a buy and sell economy?
There are far more factories being built than malls. If you are really interested, do your own research and showcase them.

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Bamz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
izuch:
Abuja the beautiful city. Very soon it'll become near impossible to save a dime if you live in abj.

Make me sef quickly call out someone...
Dear future wife...where r u oooo, am tired of waiting for you. I hereby issue u an ultimatum of 6 months starting today, the 16th of august 2015, afterwards, i wont be held liable for marrying the next available babe...*side eyes

Haha good to know we still have guys who don't date randomly.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:
The mall is still a construction site. How will it look like the render? Use your common sense.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
The mall is still a construction site. How will it look like the render? Use your common sense.

Dont be silly.....they have reached a stage where you can clearly see or determine.....Your attitude wont stop us from expressing what exactly we observe,our reactions as well as comments.

Very soon, This monopoly will put put to an end.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
There are far more factories being built than malls. If you are really interested, do your own research and showcase them.

you seem to just be aggressive towards people that have opposing opinions.Note that this is a public forum and every one is entitled to thir opinions.Do be polite and respond intelligently or simply keep your discourteous attitude off this topic

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by basille(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
All i see is monopoly.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Exactly my point. We need competitors.

Majority of the malls have SA firms e.g game, shoprite in them. I'm starting to suspect these firms mite be the one financing the building of these malls.

Thank you for being such an intelligent and understanding person.Lots of people on this thread are so narrow minded not to see the bigger picture.They simply refuse to think outside the box

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
basille:
All i see is monopoly.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by 2n2k(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

South Africa will never encourage Nigerian growth in their country infact they will discourage us with stringent policies so y exactly should we encourage or condone this? [b]This is really painfu[/b]l

Are you a shareholder in NEXT or why are you making a case for them? cheesy

For the record, there is nothing like NEXT MALL because NEXT - Cash & Carry also rented the place just like Shoprite. The only difference is that NEXT's upfront rent was used to complete that phase of the building after it was initially abandoned.

The present building which you called Next Mall is actually the entrance/reception area of the planned multi-storey Abuja Mall owned by the Abuja Investment Company Limited - an investment arm of the Federal Capital Territory Administration. So it is government-owned. When government became cash strapped after substantially investing in that entrance area and there was no investor to partner it to build the main mall, it decided to convert and put into use the entrance area by partnering with Next Limited - a company owned by Peter Obi.

Shoprite has plan for six outlets in Abuja. What is constraining its rapid expansion is lack of malls and its policy of not directly owning the property for its shops. It has plan to open one in Wuye in the nearest future

4 Likes

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by handie(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=valdes00 post=37003997]
Dat mogbe moment wen u broke n u want to surprise Bae, u cum up wit an excuse jus to giv urself hope.....
Bros no b u I dey refer to oo

I know say no be me u dey refer to.... U be my guy na. That moment u wanna like Dangote's son, u take a girl out to a mall and spend the equivalent of ur salary on Her.
That mogbe moment u realise ur friends and colleagues are building houses and buying cars but u still living in a rented apartment and jumping taxis just because u've been acting a big boy for bae. My guy, no be you I dey refer to o
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by since1914(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
It is important that we do not allow misplaced patrotism cloud our sense of rationality. For a population of over 160million, I personally think we do not have enough malls in Nigeria, because malls create a lot of direct and indirect jobs and not to talk of the attendant taxes that accrues to government from the commercial activities therein. The new mall Jabi is being touted by its promoters to play host to a Swarovski store, an Armani jeans store and a handful of other luxury brands. So instead of Nigerians buying dollars to go abroad and spend at those stores, they will spend in Naira right here in Nigeria and we will all still benefit in one way or the other.

Millions of Nigerians travel abroad annually, and some of them go there just to shop at Designer stores. So whether in Dubai or Abuja, these set of affluent Nigerians will always find a way to meet their cravings for luxury goods; and the Nigerian economy, will not benefit in anyway from their spendings. But if we have the malls here, then our people have jobs here as store keepers, managers etc and the government also collect taxes afterwards.

If South African brands are 'taking over' our market, whose fault is it? It is the fault of our business class who, have failed to build strong local brands. Besides, the Nigerian market is well segmented, the group of people who are accustomed to buying premium quality shirts will not suddenly start buying #1,000 shirts all in the name of patronising local brands. Any local brand that wants to be patronised by this segment of the consumer pyramid must be ready to also offer the same quality the foreign brands are offering. That is business... nothing personal.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos) / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.