Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI (4670 Views)

A Simple Tic-tac-toe Game Using Javafx / Html/css/javascript Tic-tac-toe Project / Advanced Tic Tac Toe Online Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2015
For a long time, I have been waiting for the opportunity to do a project that implements Artificial Intelligence or Realtime programming using sockets. And recently, I got the opportunity to implement both of these at once.

The game I made is just similar to every other Tic Tac Toe game, however, you require 5 consecutive Xs or Os to win instead of 3. Additionally, you have the ability to play with other players over the internet. Check the game out from the link: http://fincoapps.com/tic-tac-toe-online-game-with-ai/.

Features include

✔ Ability to set AI difficulty.
✔ Realistic AI (It plays like a real human).
✔ Ability to play with other players online.

One issue I have is that sometimes, there would be 11 tiles in a row instead of 12 depending on the screen size. A solution to this would be greatly appreciated smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 16, 2015
In case this makes FP. . . .
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 16, 2015
I just played now, and with all my great skills - i was declared loser. I have attached the screenshot as evidence.

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 6:46am On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
I just played now, and with all my great skills - i was declared loser. I have attached the screenshot as evidence.

lol pele, see the quote

FincoApps:

One issue I have is that sometimes, there would be 11 tiles in a row instead of 12 depending on the screen size. A solution to this would be greatly appreciated smiley

That was the issue in your case. Try to expand your browser window so the space on the right would not be there.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2015
abeg nothing dey wrong with my browser window. I am using a 15in screen, what if i was using a mini laptop or an ipad?
I think what you need to do is to reduce the size of the boxes jor.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
abeg nothing dey wrong with my browser window. I am using a 15in screen, what if i was using a mini laptop or an ipad?
I think what you need to do is to reduce the size of the boxes jor.

No, I didn't say something is wrong with your browser window, It's actually a phone app so it works well on phones. Just try to make sure the height of your browser is longer than the width. I changed the iframe dimensions so try it now
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2015
I have solved the width bug, i had to first duplicate all the game on my localserver first.
I dont know what the total height is expected to be, but this my fix will make sure there are actually 12 columns no matter the resolution,
it solves the bug of why width = width/12; is not actually generating 12 columns - and it works irregardless of the size of your screen.

Here is how to solve it.

Step 1: Open your js/script.js and
Change below
var width = window.innerWidth;
into
var width = $('div.body').width();
inside arrangeTiles() and $(window).resize(function()

Step 2: Open your newAi.html and scroll to the bottom

add
setTimeout(function() {
$(window).trigger('resize');
},400);
after
arrangeTiles();

so that you now have:
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
arrangeTiles();

setTimeout(function() {
},400);
});
</script>

Step 3:

Then add somewhere in the code - patch provided by dhtml18 (a nairaland troll)
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2015
I can see you have solved the problem yourself, that is good. So what did you change?

But wait o, that your fix is not really perfect because when you open the game directly into the browser it misbehaves. But my fix will work for all screen sizes, i have tested it out on various browsers already - even mobile browsers and it shows the 12 columns properly.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
I have solved the width bug, i had to first duplicate all the game on my localserver first.
I dont know what the total height is expected to be, but this my fix will make sure there are actually 12 columns no matter the resolution,
it solves the bug of why width = width/12; is not actually generating 12 columns - and it works irregardless of the size of your screen.

Here is how to solve it.

Step 1: Open your js/script.js and
Change below
var width = window.innerWidth;
into
var width = $('div.body').width();
inside arrangeTiles() and $(window).resize(function()

Step 2: Open your newAi.html and scroll to the bottom

add
setTimeout(function() {
},400);
after
arrangeTiles();

so that you now have:
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
arrangeTiles();

setTimeout(function() {
},400);
});
</script>

Step 3:

Then add somewhere in the code - patch provided by dhtml18 (a nairaland troll)

Okay, thanks, but that didn't work. Like I said, the issue is caused by the scroll bar which is about 2px. So subtracting 2 from width/12 actually works, but like I said, it's for mobile and mobile browser scrollbars are negligible.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Wait, before i post. . .brb
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 9:32am On Aug 16, 2015
Same thing on your server.

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 16, 2015
Here are the options, you can decide to show scrollbar always like i did in my screenshot.
On use jqueryscrollpane - http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/ to handle scrollbars for you.

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2015
The cause of the problem is because the scrollbar was placed on auto previously - so that changes the width of the display erratically. I solved that the simply way by enabling the vertical scrollbar permanently insinde index.css. So no matter how you resize, the app will always fill the screen.

body {
overflow-x:hidden;
overflow-y: scroll !important;
}

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
The cause of the problem is because the scrollbar was placed on auto previously - so that changes the width of the display erratically. I solved that the simply way by enabling the vertical scrollbar permanently insinde index.css. So no matter how you resize, the app will always fill the screen.

okay let me try it smiley
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:

It worked, thanks mehn. I used both the Js and CSS solution

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by jacob05(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Wow, Lovely Game i must say... thumbs up FincoApps.. would love to do AI too when i grow up grin grin

I'd love if when Daddy plays, some kind of glow fades in and out for probably 2000ms on the played tile. This is to easily know Daddy's current move when the played tiles are many.

But I think the bug isn't fixed, on the site, yet...

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
FincoApps:

It worked, thanks mehn. I used both the Js and CSS solution
You are welcome. Next, you need to clean up the newAI.html.
You need to avoid duplication of javascript inserts.

Please refer the new version on my server. Then the setTimeout on the footer is not required anymore since we have solved that bug with CSS.

And when you are done let me know so that I can delete the scripts from my server.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Then cordova.js returns 404 error. You can create a temporary blank file to solve that, or remove it from your newAI.html totally.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks dude smiley. I just fixed it now, I won't make further updates to the web version
jacob05:
Wow, Lovely Game i must say... thumbs up FincoApps.. would love to do AI too when i grow up grin grin

I'd love if when Daddy plays, some kind of glow fades in and out for probably 2000ms on the played tile. This is to easily know Daddy's current move when the played tiles are many.

But I think the bug isn't fixed, on the site, yet...
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
I used setTimeout a lot, I'm not sure which of them you mean
dhtml18:

You are welcome. Next, you need to clean up the newAI.html.
You need to avoid duplication of javascript inserts.

Please refer the new version on my server. Then the setTimeout on the footer is not required anymore since we have solved that bug with CSS.

And when you are done let me know so that I can delete the scripts from my server.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
And also, I will do highlighting the last move on the mobile version. It became confusing too when I was playing with someone cheesy
FincoApps:
Thanks dude smiley. I just fixed it now, I won't make further updates to the web version

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by jacob05(m): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
FincoApps:

You're welcome... But why are you not considering us, the PC users... it's not FAIR oooo embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
FincoApps:
I used setTimeout a lot, I'm not sure which of them you mean
It was the one i introduced in one of my posts above. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just replace the newAI.html with the version on my server. That is all.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
lol the features it has now is okay, on BlackBerry World, I wanna put some advanced features for only pro users. That's why
jacob05:

You're welcome... But why are you not considering us, the PC users... it's not FAIR oooo embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Keep up the good work. I am mightily impressed by your efforts. I assume you got all the corrections because I have wiped it off my server and localhost. It is your original work and it should stay so.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks dude. Yea, I got the corrections and I'm particularly happy about fixing the tile arrangement bug. Thanks once again
dhtml18:
Keep up the good work. I am mightily impressed by your efforts. I assume you got all the corrections because I have wiped it off my server and localhost. It is your original work and it should stay so.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
FincoApps:
Thanks dude. Yea, I got the corrections and I'm particularly happy about fixing the tile arrangement bug. Thanks once again
You are welcome o. I am glad i was able to provide some support at least.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Suggestion. When the game loads, and your connection is slow or you have been disconnected from internet. When you play, you may not get sound or see a cross.
Suggestion: cache the images and sound in the browser so that they can be loaded on demand without necessarily going to the server.

1 Like

Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by FincoApps(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
lol ha you just want me to keep working on this web version o. I'll try
dhtml18:
Suggestion. When the game loads, and your connection is slow or you have been disconnected from internet. When you play, you may not get sound or see a cross.
Suggestion: cache the images and sound in the browser so that they can be loaded on demand without necessarily going to the server.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by ghettodreamz(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice ... More speed to your coding fingers.

I enjoyed playing the web version of the game.
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by jacob05(m): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2015
Can't sleep, undecided, so i decide to view your code... (was afraid before..lol... make person head no come turn...)

I observe you repeat similar try .... catch blocks which greatly increase the size of your code (bad) and causes a lot of duplication...

so I'd like to suggest this.. (Not Tested.... but should be of help.... i guess wink )

CheckWon

function checkWon(who,xy, a1,a2){
var values = new Array(5);
values[0] = table[xy[0]][xy[1]];
values[1] = table[xy[0]+ a1[0]][xy[1] + a2[0]];
values[2] = table[xy[0]+ a1[1]][xy[1] + a2[1]];
values[3] = table[xy[0]+ a1[2]][xy[1] + a2[2]];
values[4] = table[xy[0]+ a1[3]][xy[1] + a2[3]];
console.log(values);
if (document.getElementById(values[0]).getAttribute('played') == who &&
document.getElementById(values[1]).getAttribute('played') == who &&
document.getElementById(values[2]).getAttribute('played') == who &&
document.getElementById(values[3]).getAttribute('played') == who &&
document.getElementById(values[4]).getAttribute('played') == who)//AI has an horizontal winning move
{
for(var x= 0; x < values.length; x++)
{
$('#'+values[x]).css('background', 'url(img/tile' + who + 'W.png)');
$('#'+values[x]).css('background-size', '100%,100%');
$('#'+values[x]).css('background-size', 'cover');
}
endGame(who);
return;
}

}

Usage

try {
//------Check tiles diagonally rightways-------

checkWon(who,getXY(tileID), [1,2,3,4],[1,2,3,4]);
} catch (e) {
}

try {
//------Check tiles vertically-------

checkWon(who,getXY(tileID), [1,2,3,4],[0,0,0,0]);
} catch (e) {
}

try {
//------Check tiles horizontally-------

checkWon(who,getXY(tileID), [0,0,0,0],[1,2,3,4]);
} catch (e) {
}

try {
//------Check tiles diagonally leftways-------

checkWon(who,getXY(tileID), [1,2,3,4],[-1,-2,-3,-4]);
} catch (e) {
}

This Can also be tweaked to work for other functions like checkWinningMoveAI and the rest...
Re: Tic Tac Toe Online Game With AI by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 17, 2015
^^^joblessness at its peak!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Pls!! How Do I Connect Oracle With Dreamweaver Using Php Server? / Java Proramers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This / Creating A New Face For Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.