Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:43 PM

Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? (1751 Views)

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2015
This has been bothering me, Why will a man. After paying his bride price, doing a traditional wedding and doing church marriage(white wedding), will still go ahead to go registry(Court marriage) is this not doing three different wedding in one marriage, am confused on the real essence of this, I thought the white weddidin for for the christians who are white and the cou marriage is or pagans, pls I need more light.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by tpiander: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2015
let it go.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Cutehector(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Do introduction, igba nkwu, night party afta igba nkwu, pre nuptial, wedding, baby shower...

Wetin?
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Vanpascore(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2015
Do wot yu ar capable of doing. Marriage dey after wedding o
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by austine4real(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
I can't let it go, am planing to do something different, and I hope to succeed I hate status quo with passion
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ceefix:
I can't let it go, am planing to do something different, and I hope to succeed I hate status quo with passion
You mustn't do a court marriage to get the certificate.

If your church is registered with a registry court, you get both court and church marriage certificates after your church wedding.. That's how we did ours. .

Or you can even do trad and white same day and get your church and court certificates, of course that's if your church is registered with a court. .. if so, everything's done in a day cheesy
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by limamintruth: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ceefix:
This has been bothering me, Why will a man. After paying his bride price, doing a traditional wedding and doing church marriage(white wedding), will still go ahead to go registry(Court marriage) is this not doing three different wedding in one marriage, am confused on the real essence of this, I thought the white weddidin for for the christians who are white and the cou marriage is or pagans, pls I need more light.

Well different strokes for different folks. What matters most is that one becomes married after these rites.

Some even go to the extent of doing all the following weddings (put together):
- Traditional Wedding
- Church Wedding
- Islamic Wedding
- Court Wedding.
This is mostly common where the couple are of different faiths and are from the South of naija.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by zainabicy: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Vanpascore:
Do wot yu ar capable of doing. Marriage dey after wedding o

Dats just it, let every man do what he can afford without going broke. And don't jelous any other person.

#shikena

1 Like

Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by tpiander: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
limamintruth:

Well different strokes for different folks. What matters most is that one becomes married after these rites.

Some even go to the extent of doing all the following weddings (put together):
- Traditional Wedding
- Church Wedding
- Islamic Wedding
- Court Wedding.
This is mostly common where the couple are of different faiths and are from the South of naija.

the one example you saw on nairaland, done by nairalanders, does not mean that is the standard.

take note.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by limamintruth: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
tpiander:

the one example you saw on nairaland, done by nairalanders, does not mean that is the standard.

take note.

Funny enough, I havnt yet seen such kind of combination-weddings done by any nairalander.

So take note! smiley
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by tpiander: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
limamintruth:

Funny enough, I havnt yet seen such kind of combination-weddings done by any nairalander.

So take note! smiley

Take note you are lying.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by MarryMeee: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
We will do introductions
After introductions we will do bride price
After bride price we will do party
After party we will do final family and bridal unveiling
After family intro we will do another party
After party we will do customary wedding
After customary wedding we will have celebration
After celebration we will do church wedding
After church wedding we will do after party
After party we will do court wedding
After court wedding we will do after party
After party we will go to honeymoon
After honeymoon we will have honeymoon celebration
After honeymoon celebration we will move to Dubai
After we move to Dubai he will buy me Ferrari

If not, i will seduce his friend to marry me angry no jokes
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by limamintruth: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2015
tpiander:

Take note you are lying.

Lol, haba tpiander? cheesy

Take note - You are so wrong.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Sharksblow(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Ceefix:
pls I need more light.
are you that professor that read out the result of Rivers state election?

anyways, to me o, marriage is not for everybody. That I'll do a court wedding, God forbid. I am not an Oyinbo man. I am an African. If I no see lady agree traditional marriage with. I'll remain as I am. The white marriage is not compulsory to me. The introduction and the engagement is the key thing. anything after that is a waste and an abuse to the altar of God.
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2015
MarryMeee:
We will do introductions
After introductions we will do bride price
After bride price we will do party
After party we will do final family and bridal unveiling
After family intro we will do another party
After party we will do customary wedding
After customary wedding we will have celebration
After celebration we will do church wedding
After church wedding we will do after party
After party we will do court wedding
After court wedding we will do after party
After party we will go to honeymoon
After honeymoon we will have honeymoon celebration
After honeymoon celebration we will move to Dubai
After we move to Dubai he will buy me Ferrari

If not, i will seduce his friend to marry me angry no jokes
but his friend will not do all these so what is d point
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by MarryMeee: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2015
Ceefix:
but his friend will not do all these so what is d point
im just clowning joor
Re: Marriage In Nigeria Must We Do All? by CoCoLav(f): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
Same question I keep asking. Just recently a colleague left the office in the afternoon for her registry marriage and returned the next day. Even though the white wedding is approaching I just wondered why it can't end at that. The couple go to the registry without much fanfare and whoever decides to give them gifts should send it to their house. Life would be much simpler that way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Getting Divorced In Nigeria / Throw Pillows - How Do You Arrange Them? Choose Colors & Patterns & Where To Buy / Relocation Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.